BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,305
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 244 of 260 1 2 242 243 244 245 246 259 260
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
From what my kid has told me from the 8 grade hallways talk:

The strongest class is either Spalding or CH.

Spalding / CH
BL
SP or McD (depends on how many out of town kids they get to come)
Loyola
StM

Don’t know much about the rest.

The best classes are at BL and CH by a considerable margin.

BL, Spalding and CH probably ended up with the strongest classes. No out of town players for McD. They lost all their recruits to other schools except for two lefty attacks.

Based on the kids' yapping and social media activity it sure seems like:

1 (tie) BL or CHC
3. Spalding
4. McD
5. St. Pauls
6 (tie) Loyola, St Marys (very little new elite talent, but considerable bench strength for both schools)
8 (tie) MSJ or JC (same as above, lots of A-AAA talent, but zero new elite talent)
10 Severn (geography problem, as usual)
11 Gilman (offered scholarships that weren't taken)

Out of all these schools, I'm most concerned if I'm Gilman (it's a really bad trend) or McD (now NEEDS a good recruiting year for 2029s to stay at or near #1 for the 2026 season and beyond). Seriously what is the last "good" recruiting class that GIlman had?

Out of all these schools, I'm happiest if I'm St. Pauls or John Carroll because decent talent is moving to our schools, and all signs are that this will continue. St. Pauls is becoming relevant and JC is approaching that level, though it's unclear who exactly they could beat to get everybody's attention.

Out of all these schools, I'm "meh" if I'm MSJ, Loyola, St. Marys, because it's trending for another 2-3 years of fighting for the #4 spot in the playoffs, winning a few games we shouldn't, and losing a few games we shouldn't. Donor drama ensues, as it does almost every year. Week to week underperforming or overperforming. In the case of at least Loyola and St Marys, it's a bit concerning that the 2027 classes were "meh" as well.

And if I'm CH or BL I'm satisfied because we're continuing to lock in sufficient talent to be #1-#4 in the league every single year and make a serious playoff run.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ML DMV teams almost always collapse because the owner pays almost no attention to them. I know this thread only likes to focus on Elite, but a lot of kids just do it for fun or focus on other sports. There is more to the story of the ML 28 DMV imploding, however. Last summer, the 28 DMV team was in a championship B tournament and their goalie was invited to the Vail tournament as the back up goalie for the CAP team. All well and good, but the problem was that CM, who controls the 28 team, didn't tell the DMV parents or find a replacement....so they showed up to their tournament and had to forfeit. I'm not an ML parent (thank god), but several DMV parents told me they were very pissed off because they were trying to text him while he was in Vail (a tournament CM himself got kicked out of, mind you) to see what was going on and he didn't respond.

This is all factual. ML can try to spin it anyway they want, but I know 3 parents with kids on the old team.

This is 100% true. And CM got kicked out of the final day in Vail for “putting his hands on a ref” and didn’t think to let his team or the parents know about this until he showed up the following morning between games. Clown of epic proportions.

We get it, CM didnt give you son a position on team. Maybe look inward. Might find something
Madlax is a B team masquerading as Elite. They literally may go winless in HoCo.

Not a Madlax dad, but they did fine in the fall when the fly-ins were there. I wouldn't personally travel from FL or MI for one lax game, but if those fly-in kids have family here or are otherwise willing to do it -- and remember that True kids did it last year, purportedly from even farther away -- then they may be competitive enough.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ML will be better this year than they were last year. Other teams have improved too. But ML will compete for spot in top 4.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spalding / CH
BL
Loyola
StM

BL, Spalding and CH probably ended up with the strongest classes. No out of town players for McD. They lost all their recruits to other schools except for two lefty attacks.

I hear the Hawks goalie is headed to McD. He's definitely out of town.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ML DMV teams almost always collapse because the owner pays almost no attention to them. I know this thread only likes to focus on Elite, but a lot of kids just do it for fun or focus on other sports. There is more to the story of the ML 28 DMV imploding, however. Last summer, the 28 DMV team was in a championship B tournament and their goalie was invited to the Vail tournament as the back up goalie for the CAP team. All well and good, but the problem was that CM, who controls the 28 team, didn't tell the DMV parents or find a replacement....so they showed up to their tournament and had to forfeit. I'm not an ML parent (thank god), but several DMV parents told me they were very pissed off because they were trying to text him while he was in Vail (a tournament CM himself got kicked out of, mind you) to see what was going on and he didn't respond.

This is all factual. ML can try to spin it anyway they want, but I know 3 parents with kids on the old team.

This is 100% true. And CM got kicked out of the final day in Vail for “putting his hands on a ref” and didn’t think to let his team or the parents know about this until he showed up the following morning between games. Clown of epic proportions.

We get it, CM didnt give you son a position on team. Maybe look inward. Might find something
Madlax is a B team masquerading as Elite. They literally may go winless in HoCo.

Not a Madlax dad, but they did fine in the fall when the fly-ins were there. I wouldn't personally travel from FL or MI for one lax game, but if those fly-in kids have family here or are otherwise willing to do it -- and remember that True kids did it last year, purportedly from even farther away -- then they may be competitive enough.
Time will tell.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spalding / CH
BL
Loyola
StM

Fake news

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spalding / CH
BL
Loyola
StM

He’s very good, too. One of the best in the class.
Heard a couple Hawks kids headed to IAC/WCAC schools in DC. Any truth to that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ML will be better this year than they were last year. Other teams have improved too. But ML will compete for spot in top 4.
LMAO.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who will be the top two in Elite and AAA? Who is bringing home the trophy?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax did fine avoiding Next Level and DC Express and playing in lower tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks in Elite.
DC Express Orange in AAA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax with the fly ins is embarrassing but so are the holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax did fine avoiding Next Level and DC Express and playing in lower tournaments.

Again, not a ML dad so I won't defend their ducking local teams - agreed that's pretty weak - but they had a quality win over Duke's Elite when they had their fly-ins in tow, then laid an egg at NAL where I understand they did not have them. That's why I think they'll go as far in HOCO as their fly-ins will take them, but doubt they're a top four team even with them (especially if they lost their big middie).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again, not a ML dad so I won't defend their ducking local teams - agreed that's pretty weak - but they had a quality win over Duke's Elite when they had their fly-ins in tow, then laid an egg at NAL where I understand they did not have them. That's why I think they'll go as far in HOCO as their fly-ins will take them, but doubt they're a top four team even with them (especially if they lost their big middie).

Cabel will suprise you. But I think a solid 5th place finish is in their future.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is their ‘big’ middie big or just old? Asking seriously because I’ve never seen him. Also CM will for sure do whatever it takes to keep that team afloat - hopefully he is at least paying for the flying in?? Because otherwise those parents should check themselves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cabel will suprise you. But I think a solid 5th place finish is in their future.
7th place if they can beat Team 91, which is not a lock

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is their ‘big’ middie big or just old? Asking seriously because I’ve never seen him. Also CM will for sure do whatever it takes to keep that team afloat - hopefully he is at least paying for the flying in?? Because otherwise those parents should check themselves.
Old. Like fall 2008 old. No longer big. In fact, he looks average in height at best, maybe done at 5-7. But he’s very, very good. One of the top 2028 players in the class (would be on the older side in 2027 class). With him, they can compete with the lower half teams. Without him— they will finish dead last in Elite div

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks in Elite.
DC Express Orange in AAA
Hawks, FCA, Crabs, DC Express easily top 4. 91 may not win a game. If Team Money brings in 5-7 Freedom players they could compete for top 4. AAA goes to Team Maryland with Clippers right behind them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He was really big compared to the boys he was playing against two seasons ago. Still had a size advantage last season although less so than 2022. Every team in Hoco elite now has six footers in their midfield and D that can match up (and yeah, every Hoco elite team has holdbacks, so...) so not sure how much advantage he'll have this year. That said even without the size advantage he has great velocity on his shots so watch out if he gets his hands free.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks in Elite.
DC Express Orange in AAA
Hawks, FCA, Crabs, DC Express easily top 4. 91 may not win a game. If Team Money brings in 5-7 Freedom players they could compete for top 4. AAA goes to Team Maryland with Clippers right behind them.

Next Level picked up some former ML kids including, reportedly, the much-discussed middie, so I wouldn't count them out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks in Elite.
DC Express Orange in AAA

Next Level picked up some former ML kids including, reportedly, the much-discussed middie, so I wouldn't count them out.

They play FCA this weekend so we’ll know soon. The kid is good but his advantage is diminished since the other kids are now bigger and faster than he is. Things are easy when you’re the first to hit puberty.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
L

Hawks in Elite.
DC Express Orange in AAA

Saw both teams play up close in the fall. Next Level might be deeper down the roster than DCE, certainly at Attack— but I’d say starting lineup vs starting lineup it’s DCE heads up. Close Defense at DCE is stacked.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax finished 3rd in the regular season and lost to FCA in OT in the playoffs. If you think this team of scabs from VLC and True Chesapeake is going to top that— I need some of what you’re on

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks in Elite.
DC Express Orange in AAA

I agree with the top 4 in this order: Hawks, FCA, DC Express, and Crabs.

AAA I think is a toss up. Team Maryland and Clippers are good, but DC Express has some fast long poles that others will need to watch.

Team Maryland, DC Express Orange, Clippers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Referring to a bunch of teenage boys as a "team of scabs" just makes you an utter @$$hole. Post your kids' team and number so we can all know how to characterize him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax finished 3rd in the regular season and lost to FCA in OT in the playoffs. If you think this team of scabs from VLC and True Chesapeake is going to top that— I need some of what you’re on

Disagree. While at middie and face-off ml took a step back - at attack and LSM the replacement players are comparable. ML slightly improved at defense (mostly because the penalty machine defender went to dce - addition by subtraction). But ML improved dramatically at goalie with one of the best goalies in 28. I think ML will finish 4th at HOCO.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Disagree. While at middie and face-off ml took a step back - at attack and LSM the replacement players are comparable. ML slightly improved at defense (mostly because the penalty machine defender went to dce - addition by subtraction). But ML improved dramatically at goalie with one of the best goalies in 28. I think ML will finish 4th at HOCO.

ML still have the 15 yr old or is he finally playing on age?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let me guess.... You are one of the True parents/kids that came over to ML.

But you do make a good point about the penalty machine defender. Penalties do lose game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Referring to a bunch of teenage boys as a "team of scabs" just makes you an utter @$$hole. Post your kids' team and number so we can all know how to characterize him.

I can help you.

My kid isn't a scab.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spalding / CH
BL
Loyola
StM

Based on the kids' yapping and social media activity it sure seems like:

1 (tie) BL or CHC
3. Spalding
4. McD
5. St. Pauls
6 (tie) Loyola, St Marys (very little new elite talent, but considerable bench strength for both schools)
8 (tie) MSJ or JC (same as above, lots of A-AAA talent, but zero new elite talent)
10 Severn (geography problem, as usual)
11 Gilman (offered scholarships that weren't taken)

Out of all these schools, I'm most concerned if I'm Gilman (it's a really bad trend) or McD (now NEEDS a good recruiting year for 2029s to stay at or near #1 for the 2026 season and beyond). Seriously what is the last "good" recruiting class that GIlman had?

Out of all these schools, I'm happiest if I'm St. Pauls or John Carroll because decent talent is moving to our schools, and all signs are that this will continue. St. Pauls is becoming relevant and JC is approaching that level, though it's unclear who exactly they could beat to get everybody's attention.

Out of all these schools, I'm "meh" if I'm MSJ, Loyola, St. Marys, because it's trending for another 2-3 years of fighting for the #4 spot in the playoffs, winning a few games we shouldn't, and losing a few games we shouldn't. Donor drama ensues, as it does almost every year. Week to week underperforming or overperforming. In the case of at least Loyola and St Marys, it's a bit concerning that the 2027 classes were "meh" as well.

And if I'm CH or BL I'm satisfied because we're continuing to lock in sufficient talent to be #1-#4 in the league every single year and make a serious playoff run.
Agree with all points.
CH, BL and McD are getting elite talent. They will be in the hunt the next few years.But they will be hard rosters to crack for most kids who aren't elite.
StP MSJ and JC are pushing hard and getting lots of AAA and AA kids. They should improve in the next couple years compared to their current places.
Severn and Gilman are in tough spots right now. Kinda niche schools relative to the conference.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh I forgot— all the true kids, who literally never finished above .500 in HoCo, came along and replaced all the little Scoopers at Madlax. So yeah, somehow they’ll be better.

Meanwhile, DCE and Next Level will have played each other 4 times locally— no fear of losing to the other, no dodging, no banning the other from events to avoid having to play them. A healthy rivalry. Feel sorry for the kids who signed up for the CM madness at Madlax… make sure you have a coach ready to step in the next time he gets removed from a tournament for putting his hands on a ref.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax D always turns to swiss cheese in post season. Went 0-3 in their last 3 playoff games, giving up 13, 15, and 12 goals. They needed new blood. Best of luck to kids who moved on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh I forgot— all the true kids, who literally never finished above .500 in HoCo, came along and replaced all the little Scoopers at Madlax. So yeah, somehow they’ll be better.

Meanwhile, DCE and Next Level will have played each other 4 times locally— no fear of losing to the other, no dodging, no banning the other from events to avoid having to play them. A healthy rivalry. Feel sorry for the kids who signed up for the CM madness at Madlax… make sure you have a coach ready to step in the next time he gets removed from a tournament for putting his hands on a ref.

Sir, you are clearly suffering from Madlax derangement syndrome. For your sake and the sake of your family, please seek help. The topic of conversation is where the various elite teams will end up. The topic is not the character (or lack there of) of the coaches. Keep it together man.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sir, you are clearly suffering from Madlax derangement syndrome. For your sake and the sake of your family, please seek help. The topic of conversation is where the various elite teams will end up. The topic is not the character (or lack there of) of the coaches. Keep it together man.
Ok. Back to the “topic conversation.” They’ll finish second to last if they can get past Team 91. And CM will likely get booted from a game. Over/Under on tha is 55%. Draftkings should have it posted live before the first game March 23rd.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok. Back to the “topic conversation.” They’ll finish second to last if they can get past Team 91. And CM will likely get booted from a game. Over/Under on tha is 55%. Draftkings should have it posted live before the first game March 23rd.

False. ML will beat T91, team money, and FCA. They will be competitive with DCE NL and Crabs. If they win just one of those games they are at 4th. Btw the over under you described does not make sense. I’m no fan of Cabble but you clearly have little to know idea what you’re talking about. Please seek help. You hsve my best wishes for your recovery.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McCabe Millon is off to a great start to his college career. He might be the best 20 yr old freshman in college right now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

False. ML will beat T91, team money, and FCA. They will be competitive with DCE NL and Crabs. If they win just one of those games they are at 4th. Btw the over under you described does not make sense. I’m no fan of Cabble but you clearly have little to know idea what you’re talking about. Please seek help. You hsve my best wishes for your recovery.

I love that your defense is that an O/U line should be set at 0.5 (-122) instead of 55%, and not that he's not likely to be kicked out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I love that your defense is that an O/U line should be set at 0.5 (-122) instead of 55%, and not that he's not likely to be kicked out.
Ok. The line is now -122 that Cabell’s team goes down 0-3 in the semifinals and he takes his team and goes home a La Naptown.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was great to get back to lacrosse this weekend, but not a lot of competition among the HoCo teams themselves, so it's hard to draw any conclusions as to who is hot and who is not. But here is my best shot at rankings.

Tier 1 - Hawks

Tier 2 - Crabs, FCA

Tier 3 - DCE

Tier 4 - Next Level

Tier 5 - Madlax, 91, Team Money

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay, finally some real results to talk about. Weekend action from NL March Invitational and Spring Thaw. Rankings are US Club Lacrosse FWIW. Results from Tourney Machine:

Hawks 16-0 NXT (68)
Hawks 15-2 Barnstormers (nr)
Hawks 11-4 Freedom (14)

Crabs 16-0 Barnstormers (nr)
Crabs 6-5 Freedom (14)
Crabs 16-1 NJ Express (89)

ML 6-11 Freedom (14)
ML 7-1 NJ Express (89)
ML 8-6 NXT (68)

NL 3-6 DCE (24)
NL 3-9 Red Hots (4)
NL 8-6 Clippers (56)
NL 4-5 FCA (not sure why but nr; if I'm guessing I put them 10-15)
NL 4-10 Leading Edge (3)

FCA 3-5 Leading Edge (3)
FCA 5-4 NL (19)
FCA 8-3 Clippers (56)

91 3-10 Red Hots (4)
91 8-2 NJ Riot (59)
91 3-8 Nationals LC (nr)

Clippers 6-8 NL (19)
Clippers 4-9 Leading Edge (3)
Clippers 3-8 FCA (nr)

DCE 6-3 NL (19)
DCE 4-9 Leading Edge (3)
DCE 2-4 Red Hots (4)
DCE 12-6 Nationals LC (nr)

Observations

--Level of competition was higher at NL March Invitational. Hard to gauge Crabs/ML/Hawks versus some of the teams they played other than Philadelphia Freedom.
--Clippers went 0-3 but overachieved, kept it close versus some good teams.
--NL needs to fix things quickly, 1-4 at their own tournament, still having trouble scoring.
--Expected bigger margin of victory from FCA.
--DCE looking like a top 4 Hoco team at the expense of NL and ML. Early Hoco playoff predictions are (1) Hawks, (2) FCA, (3)/(4) DCE/Crabs.

Usual caveats that the weather was terrible and that teams are still experimenting with schemes and personnel.

Like Reply Quote
Page 244 of 260 1 2 242 243 244 245 246 259 260
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard