BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,819
Posts388,387
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 53 of 64 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 63 64
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You’re over thinking this, at least for the 29s. A few years back Crabs and 91 failed spectacularly with this age group, and have not yet recovered. Things remain in flux in the area and probably will at least through the summer. Great for whoever pulls the best team together … but it sure as heck won’t be True Baltimore!

Yeah....this tracks. IIRC the infamous Crabs coach who blew up the 2029 team is in fact the True Balt 2029 coach these days.

Coach Vanilla Ice is rocking the mike like a vandal at a different club after True banned dad coaches last summer. Baby Ice needed Dad's elite coaching to keep him relevant and starting.

Yo VIP, let's kick it. Thanks for the intel, I'll make sure to continue to stay away from anything he touches. BTW Coach Ice has switched up his hair cut to the mushroom top favored by all the 14 year old kids. You have to admit, he is on top of the teenager hair style game.

And like most dad coach's kids, his kid can play "fine," no need to beat up on a 13 year old. He may turn out to be above average or even better if coaches can keep him away from Daddy Ice's weird influence.

Ok, Mister Vineyard shirt wearing his quarter zip. Ease up on the Haircut

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Red Hots got smoked in Orlando by both west coast stars and Bostons phinest.

That wasn't Red Hots National. Maybe 50% of the Circuit team was able to play in Orlando. Many kids had to play for their primary club. 6 kids alone played for West Coast Stars and 2 for Boston's Finest.

Red Hots brought in their AA Pittsburg kids and even 3 2030's as replacements.

Noone is beating the Red Hots National Circuit team.
Red Hots handing out #1 ranking rings this week…. Now this is pure comedy. Embarrassed for them.

They have 100 rings made up since it’s not a fixed roster. Changes at every tournament! Joke

Jokes on you and your underperforming kid. Most active national teams have to have larger rosters because players are expected to prioritize their local club. Also, kids can’t be expected to fly in for every tournament.

Bottom line, even their 6 attackman on the depth chart is better than your first.

The Red Hots team has one player who is a difference maker. He’s in 8th grade so couldn’t play on the ‘29 team in Orlando as the tournament was grade based. Without him the ‘29 team is still a pretty good team but not world beaters. Based on conversations this weekend I think you’ll see some of those kids drop prior to Circuit finals. A team built around only one player that dodge isn’t for others. Not to mention the negative reputation of the team after said player was ejected a couple weeks ago.

You have NO idea what you are talking about. Red Hots Circuit team has literally 2 1/2 lines of midfield and 2 Attackman that could start on any other Circuit team.

The team that went to Club Nationals was missing 90% of their midfield, one attackman and half the defense.

Yes, the 2028 midfielder is a difference maker but so are 6-8 other kids on the club. In fact, when they drilled Mojo, the 2028 midfielder had maybe 2 goals out of the 13 that they scored.

Please stop. You couldn't be further from the truth. They're 1-2 against Nationals.

The 2023/2024 Red Hots National team has played the Nationals exactly once. They are 1-0 and look forward to seeing them in philly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Like you stated They were missing all these players because they couldn't make it. Like it was said before National teams should not be ranked because their rosters are inconsistent. mish moshed, and collaged together from a. pool of players. A true gage of a team is a team that has a large contingency of players playing consistently on a team. And yes my kids has been invited to play on National teams. So he can cut it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Like you stated They were missing all these players because they couldn't make it. Like it was said before National teams should not be ranked because their rosters are inconsistent. mish moshed, and collaged together from a. pool of players. A true gage of a team is a team that has a large contingency of players playing consistently on a team. And yes my kids has been invited to play on National teams. So he can cut it.
Agreed! They need a separate ranking system for National teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed! They need a separate ranking system for National teams.

Sounds great until you start defining the rules to determine if a team is "National" or not. Plus you then have to figure out who is going to validate that teams are following those rules. Some HoCo teams have kids occasionally playing from Tex/FL, etc, are they "National"? Some "National" teams have a fixed roster they use the whole year. Some are RedHots.

A better solution is to print the rankings out and cross out the teams you think don't belong and then adjust the rankings accordingly. Your adjusted rankings would be just as useful as the "official" ones.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That wasn't Red Hots National. Maybe 50% of the Circuit team was able to play in Orlando. Many kids had to play for their primary club. 6 kids alone played for West Coast Stars and 2 for Boston's Finest.

Red Hots handing out #1 ranking rings this week…. Now this is pure comedy. Embarrassed for them.

They have 100 rings made up since it’s not a fixed roster. Changes at every tournament! Joke

Jokes on you and your underperforming kid. Most active national teams have to have larger rosters because players are expected to prioritize their local club. Also, kids can’t be expected to fly in for every tournament.

Bottom line, even their 6 attackman on the depth chart is better than your first.

The Red Hots team has one player who is a difference maker. He’s in 8th grade so couldn’t play on the ‘29 team in Orlando as the tournament was grade based. Without him the ‘29 team is still a pretty good team but not world beaters. Based on conversations this weekend I think you’ll see some of those kids drop prior to Circuit finals. A team built around only one player that dodge isn’t for others. Not to mention the negative reputation of the team after said player was ejected a couple weeks ago.

You have NO idea what you are talking about. Red Hots Circuit team has literally 2 1/2 lines of midfield and 2 Attackman that could start on any other Circuit team.

The team that went to Club Nationals was missing 90% of their midfield, one attackman and half the defense.

Yes, the 2028 midfielder is a difference maker but so are 6-8 other kids on the club. In fact, when they drilled Mojo, the 2028 midfielder had maybe 2 goals out of the 13 that they scored.

Please stop. You couldn't be further from the truth. They're 1-2 against Nationals.

The 2023/2024 Red Hots National team has played the Nationals exactly once. They are 1-0 and look forward to seeing them in philly.

The amount of kool aid being drunk by these parents is over the top. We’re talking about 7th grade youth lacrosse. Or in the case of the RH team, 7th and 8th grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The amount of kool aid being drunk by these parents is over the top. We’re talking about 7th grade youth lacrosse. Or in the case of the RH team, 7th and 8th grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of people talking about that, of which they know little per usual in the Baltimore lax scene.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Based on what is swirling around theses guys are collecting the best of the best locally. Several national teams have already lost players to them for Naptown.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of people talking about that of which they know little of, per usual in the Baltimore lax scene.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Theres definently room in the club market after the horrible consolidation process we went through the past couple years. Baltimore is so "watered down" that if someone gets there $@&! together and gets the talent the money grabs like TRUE. I'M intrigued to say the least. Apparently they have some preseason clinics starting as well,at Loyola so maybe there is a connection.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Had a friend send me the Shuckers info. They are running a preseason training clinic as part of their ID process. Its at Loyola so maybe this is all making some sense its some how connected. They now have some social media started posting gear and branding. Looks to be legit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did some digging and Inquired about a tryout after my son heard about the Shuckers team from a kid at school. Naptown is their first event and i was told if they have not been invited as today they can tryout this summer. My son said they have secured most of the local boys playing on national teams like Red Hots and FCA for what thats worth. I did find out Spencer Ford is involved so maybe there is a Loyola connection since he is the Varsity OC. This group seems to be viable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Welcome to Bawlmer hon!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The coalescing may have begun. Looks like they have some big money behind this team as well like Roseda Beef which is a Loyola family as the dad played at Loyola and so did one of his boys.. An announcement was made about them being the official something for Shuckers Lacrosse. They are releasing photos of gear that is all Nike. Nike did sign Loyola to a huge contract so perhaps its all connected as some suspect.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The coalescing may have begun. Looks like they have some big money behind this team as well like Roseda Beef which is a Loyola family as the dad played at Loyola and so did one of his boys.. An announcement was made about them being the official something for Shuckers Lacrosse. They are releasing photos of gear that is all Nike. Nike did sign Loyola to a huge contract so perhaps its all connected as some suspect.

It's 100% attached to Loyola and being used as a way for Varsity Coaches (Spencer Ford, etc.) to get a glimpse of kids and start the recruiting process with families to get them to come to Loyola. Similar to what Hilgy and McDonogh do as well. What is perplexing is that the two individual dads who are coordinating everything have sons on Predators who don't even see the field. Same old story....sons can't win with their current club team (Predators)...start a new one! We have seen this story play out before in Bmore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting. Was the clinic invite only?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's 100% attached to Loyola and being used as a way for Varsity Coaches (Spencer Ford, etc.) to get a glimpse of kids and start the recruiting process with families to get them to come to Loyola. Similar to what Hilgy and McDonogh do as well. What is perplexing is that the two individual dads who are coordinating everything have sons on Predators who don't even see the field. Same old story....sons can't win with their current club team (Predators)...start a new one! We have seen this story play out before in Bmore.

At what age group do high schools start taking an interest in terms of recruiting? I would think it's 8th grade year but maybe it's earlier than that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sour grapes!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doubtful Ford is associated with any nonsense regarding dads starting a team. I heard he was brought in as OC at Loyola and somehow involved in leadership of this Shuckers club. I guess we will have to wait and see but sounds like Loyola leadership may have finally woken up and started working at it again with their new AD and now new head of school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shuckers is associated with Ryleigh's Oyster Bar. It's interesting that they are getting involved in the lacrosse/bar game at the same time Green turtle Lacrosse is slowly making a comeback. I guess Mother's will soon have a team. Looneys with porbably comeback as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid went to the clinic tonight. It was definitely different. the head coach was teaching them not just running drills. He was stopping almost every minute to point out the mistakes and showing the boys what to do to improve. Lots of kids and the buzz in the peanut gallery was positive. Not sure that my kid will get selected but worth the price of admission. and yes, that loyola campus is beautiful. I can only wish to send my kid to a school like that. 5 Stars.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid went to the clinic tonight. It was definitely different. the head coach was teaching them not just running drills. He was stopping almost every minute to point out the mistakes and showing the boys what to do to improve. Lots of kids and the buzz in the peanut gallery was positive. Not sure that my kid will get selected but worth the price of admission. and yes, that loyola campus is beautiful. I can only wish to send my kid to a school like that. 5 Stars.

This will just dilute the Baltimore area even more. Any great player will need to travel south to find an Elite team. At least until high school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Taken directly from the Loyola Shuckers marketing brochure.
Well done.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ryleigh's has been in lax game for years just at college and post collegiate level. Very good team and won the big east club club league a few years back over Long Island team. Owner and some guys he played with coach them and treat them very well from what employees/my daughter tell me as she worked there. Looks like youth movement is coming.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not invite only - flyer for event was online and anyone could sign up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just spoke to two Crabs dads who were there and they confirmed your thoughts. Well run and coaches were involved and breaking things down not running line drills. Consensus was not a money grab and they clearly know what they are doing. Haus and Ford were there coaching so clearly Loyola is in the MIAA game full throttle once again. Only time will tell on this one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you share the website / link? Want my son to go to the next one. Is this for 2029's only or 2028's or 2030's?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you share the website / link? Want my son to go to the next one. Is this for 2029's only or 2028's or 2030's?
Ryleigh's has been in lax game for years just at college and post collegiate level. Very good team and won the big east club club league a few years back over Long Island team. Owner and some guys he played with coach them and treat them very well from what employees/my daughter tell me as she worked there. Looks like youth movement is coming.

Ryleigh's owner is a Loyola Alumni and his step son is a 2029 so he clearly has interest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is that brochure posted online? They don't seem to have a website up yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

https://ryleighs-oyster.ticketleap.com/

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At what age group do high schools start taking an interest in terms of recruiting? I would think it's 8th grade year but maybe it's earlier than that?

I have been told the 28’s are so deep most schools will only have room for 1-2 29’s. Additionally the 28’s have been labeled as the best class across the board in the last 10 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So there's a bunch of pieces to this.

1) Ryleigh's Oyster is owned by Loyola alums who are major donors to the athletic program. Roseda Beef, the same.
2) At the workout last night was not only Spencer Ford, but HC Will Haus AND athletic director Blake Henry
3) The two Pick Me Dads were buzzing around, but aren't they the dads who moved from Koopers to True to Preds already? I almost wonder if they'd like to stick it to Preds, who ate up Koopers influence on the St. Pauls campus.
4) There's no website and the social media and logo are awful, this will change with a cash infusion.
5) Who was NOT there was Coach Abrams, who was the final Looneys Director.
6) If you think $125 for 4 hours of coaching is a "money grab," good luck with your kid surviving lax through the puberty era. It was almost a convenience fee to get a bunch of email addresses
7) To that point, it was 2027, 2028, and 2029. Based on Helmets, The 2029 talent was the "best" per age (Crabs, Preds, FCA), the majority of 2028 kids were AA-AAA players (Kelly Post, Preds, Crabs B Team, 91 which is basically a AA team), and the 2027 kids were randoms from True or wherever. Probably looking for a better team for this summer.
8) The idea that Loyola is "identifying talent" for the school's program is hard to believe. The MIAA-A programs recruit a handful of kids, and everybody else they give a positive word to during admissions/prospects, and then see if they get admitted, and see how they do in tryouts. The freshman class at Loyola or Calvert Hall will have minimum of 60 active club lax players each. Only about 30 will even make a team in 9th grade. The Loyola AD is not out there in 40 degree weather at 730pm, looking at 7th graders to be recruited for 9th grade, come on, be serious.

Clearly this is the next iteration of Predators, Greene Turtle, Looneys, Koopers, etc. I imagine it will have all the positives and negatives of those clubs, would be fun to rattle off the list.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough about Shuckers and Loyola!

HOCO season is about to start.......any predictions?

Anyone heard about Red Hots entering HOCO?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

heard they were at the 28s but nothing about the 29s

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With regard to Shuckers I'd have to disagree with a couple points above. Loyola staff is there to identify, work with and recruit that's SIMPLE. There's nothing wrong with that and good for them for doing the work. Just looked up their social media and yeah you can tell its just getting started but I kinda like the simple old school logo and gear is crisp and clean quality plus its Nike. I hope they get going because the boys (and girsl) can use more quality instruction and coaching as the game grows. But what do I know! I'm on Back of the Cage!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Red Hots is not entering HOCO. They are exploring adding a team in Maryland but don't have any players or coaches as of yet.

The handful of maryland players that play for Red Hots National already play for elite MD programs. I don't see them leaving those programs to join a startup.

Red Hots National is going to play in a couple of MD tourneys this spring/summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Hots starting a MD team seems impossible now. They just lost just about every Baltimore player they had to Shuckers and even a few PA boys so a shift is coming just maybe not this spring season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Hots starting a MD team seems impossible now. They just lost just about every Baltimore player they had to Shuckers and even a few PA boys so a shift is coming just maybe not this spring season.

To date, Shuckers is not planning a full time club team. More of a tournament team that plays a few times a year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s not saying much, they take anyone that signs up. If you weren’t asked to play your just an investor. Their impact players are 28’s.

Like Reply Quote
Page 53 of 64 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 63 64
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard