Originally Posted by Anonymous
Where is that brochure posted online? They don't seem to have a website up yet.

So there's a bunch of pieces to this.

1) Ryleigh's Oyster is owned by Loyola alums who are major donors to the athletic program. Roseda Beef, the same.
2) At the workout last night was not only Spencer Ford, but HC Will Haus AND athletic director Blake Henry
3) The two Pick Me Dads were buzzing around, but aren't they the dads who moved from Koopers to True to Preds already? I almost wonder if they'd like to stick it to Preds, who ate up Koopers influence on the St. Pauls campus.
4) There's no website and the social media and logo are awful, this will change with a cash infusion.
5) Who was NOT there was Coach Abrams, who was the final Looneys Director.
6) If you think $125 for 4 hours of coaching is a "money grab," good luck with your kid surviving lax through the puberty era. It was almost a convenience fee to get a bunch of email addresses
7) To that point, it was 2027, 2028, and 2029. Based on Helmets, The 2029 talent was the "best" per age (Crabs, Preds, FCA), the majority of 2028 kids were AA-AAA players (Kelly Post, Preds, Crabs B Team, 91 which is basically a AA team), and the 2027 kids were randoms from True or wherever. Probably looking for a better team for this summer.
8) The idea that Loyola is "identifying talent" for the school's program is hard to believe. The MIAA-A programs recruit a handful of kids, and everybody else they give a positive word to during admissions/prospects, and then see if they get admitted, and see how they do in tryouts. The freshman class at Loyola or Calvert Hall will have minimum of 60 active club lax players each. Only about 30 will even make a team in 9th grade. The Loyola AD is not out there in 40 degree weather at 730pm, looking at 7th graders to be recruited for 9th grade, come on, be serious.

Clearly this is the next iteration of Predators, Greene Turtle, Looneys, Koopers, etc. I imagine it will have all the positives and negatives of those clubs, would be fun to rattle off the list.