BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,328
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 239 of 260 1 2 237 238 239 240 241 259 260
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
For all the hardo dads and Megatron Karen moms on the 2028 board, I'm pleasantly surprised how little private school peacocking occurred in the runup to IAC and MIAA applications. Compared to past years on BOTC there's hardly any (either fake or lied to) brags about how Braxton got offered a full ride to 5 MIAA schools, but he's gonna stay public." Then of course it's radio silence on admissions day.

Well done, parents, but also.....boooooooooring.

Are there any big standout athletes in the DMV for 2028 going into this spring/summer?

Yes. My son.

Mine too ! He is D1 bound !! Has a double secret offer already. So there's that

Great! Give us names.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The red hots model of recruit, cheat, reclass, rinse and repeat would be a stain on HoCo. They aren’t a real team.

If they had an actual roster they might get some respect, but the way they do it is a joke. It does help overhype some decent players to looking like they are terrific. So I guess that is working.

This is comical. I love all of the DMV parents getting worked up over a team that recruits and reclasses kids. Yeah, RH would definitely be a stain on HOCO because no other program does this. You're starting to sound like Long Island parents making excuses for why they should be excluded. You should be happy that HOCO is such a respected league that the best teams want to participate. Makes your kids better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The red hots model of recruit, cheat, reclass, rinse and repeat would be a stain on HoCo. They aren’t a real team.

If they had an actual roster they might get some respect, but the way they do it is a joke. It does help overhype some decent players to looking like they are terrific. So I guess that is working.

Red Hots are probably best team in country right now, That has brought out a lot of people who couldnt get on the train and ride it. Sorry , folks, it is what it is, RH are dominating at this time.

To clear things up - red hots do have an actual roster for the circuit. You can expect to see the same kids for that tournament. It’s a tournament for national teams so having a kids from all over is expected and is the point of the event.

Outside that however, it’s a mishmash of whoever they can convince to play (or pay to play) for any given event. The club nationals team was different than the sandstorm team and will be different than the next iteration that will show up.

So saying red hot is the best team in the country is factually inaccurate because they are not a team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All this banter about Red Hots is great, but does anybody know if they are actually playing in HoCo?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will inside lacrosse list the ages of the redhots 28’s that they are dubbing kings? #cheat #paytoplay #rememberitswhoyouknow

Is this the same forum that routinely talks about the hawks and crabs and what players are running into “academic problems”, as if reclassing for a dead end sport is ok?
Wow, the tune has changed on the Maryland forum.
Laughable!

Dead end Sport ! Dead end Sport ! I resent those implications . It is growing faster than Korfball by a lot.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will inside lacrosse list the ages of the redhots 28’s that they are dubbing kings? #cheat #paytoplay #rememberitswhoyouknow

Is this the same forum that routinely talks about the hawks and crabs and what players are running into “academic problems”, as if reclassing for a dead end sport is ok?
Wow, the tune has changed on the Maryland forum.
Laughable!

Dead end Sport ! Dead end Sport ! I resent those implications . It is growing faster than Korfball by a lot.

Do you think lacrosse is any more of a dead end sport than football or basketball for the parents on this board?

Most of the kids playing D1 lax are not athletic enough to play D1 basketball and football. And near 0% of D1 lax players are athletic enough to make it to the NFL or NBA

Point is, none of our kids are making any serious money playing sports regardless of whether it's lax football or hoops. At least lax parents don't have delusions of making millions playing sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lacrosse is a tier 2 sport at best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For all the hardo dads and Megatron Karen moms on the 2028 board, I'm pleasantly surprised how little private school peacocking occurred in the runup to IAC and MIAA applications. Compared to past years on BOTC there's hardly any (either fake or lied to) brags about how Braxton got offered a full ride to 5 MIAA schools, but he's gonna stay public." Then of course it's radio silence on admissions day.

Are there any big standout athletes in the DMV for 2028 going into this spring/summer?

Yes. My son.

Great! Give us names.

A few kids already have offers.

Tehoka Lidz, McCabe Spallina, Big Tasty McClernan and Rabil Millon are at the top of the class.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What tier system do you use? Same one you use to rank your Wrestlemania figurines?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. My son.

Great! Give us names.

Tehoka Lidz, McCabe Spallina, Big Tasty McClernan and Rabil Millon are at the top of the class.

These need to be actual player names in the next Casey Powell video game. Well done sir. Also, going to start a secret second family in Bethesda just so my secret second wife can give birth to Rabil Millon and Charlotte North 10 Bears

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Must be painful to know your son is so bad at a tier 2 sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes they are trying to. But the team in the Elite divison will push back. Who would of ever thought teams in the #1 hotbed would be worried about playing elite teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. My son.

Great! Give us names.

You mean 28s in college?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes they are trying to. But the team in the Elite divison will push back. Who would of ever thought teams in the #1 hotbed would be worried about playing elite teams

Stick to the InstaCircuit.

HoCo is for real lacrosse teams. No one cares about or takes seriously your fake team of 100 kids.

If 2way, Freedom, Leading Edge, 91, LIE, BBL or any other real team tried to enter they’d be embraced.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HoCo is for real lacrosse teams. No one cares about or takes seriously your fake team of 100 kids.

If 2way, Freedom, Leading Edge, 91, LIE, BBL or any other real team tried to enter they’d be embraced.

Is there a NY/NJ version of HOCO? Is it as much of a dramafest?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is not. The new NXT league in Philly is the closest thing. And in time, will probably be a superior league to HoCo, for a number of reasons. But not yet. HoCo remains the best youth lax club league in the country. And the fact that Senor DuBois knows this fact, makes it hard to force changes on the league. If several top clubs (or bottom feeders who put a lot of teams in the league, like True) threatened to take their clubs to Philly for the weekends, HoCo's various shortcomings would be improved, and fast.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

totally agree that those teams would be embraced, but I am surprised that the HoCo crowd would not embrace Red Hots too, considering that the alternative for the 8th team is to pull up a crappy team from AAA that HoCo teams would beat by 10 goals. Is that what they prefer?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is not. The new NXT league in Philly is the closest thing. And in time, will probably be a superior league to HoCo, for a number of reasons. But not yet. HoCo remains the best youth lax club league in the country. And the fact that Senor DuBois knows this fact, makes it hard to force changes on the league. If several top clubs (or bottom feeders who put a lot of teams in the league, like True) threatened to take their clubs to Philly for the weekends, HoCo's various shortcomings would be improved, and fast.

I don't follow your reasoning - what shortcomings of HoCo would be improved by an exodus of top (or bottom) teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

totally agree that those teams would be embraced, but I am surprised that the HoCo crowd would not embrace Red Hots too, considering that the alternative for the 8th team is to pull up a crappy team from AAA that HoCo teams would beat by 10 goals. Is that what they prefer?

yes, I am guessing that is what they prefer. the two elite team that I know (DCE and NL) have close to 30 players. They will be happy to have one cup cake game where they can clear their bench and let everyone play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Serious question. In recruiting terms - Is it worth sending a kid to a top private school if he has an opportunity to go to a top public school? Looking at the colleges that a lot of the mid-tier private players go to there seems to be lot of overlap with the colleges that the top public players go to (eg W&L CNU RIT etc). So if you have a kid who could be elite public or midtier private what’s the advantage to private.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Surprised nobody has been discussing ML28 loosing another player to NL because said player is frequently discussed on this board.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t get the “real” team talk. Sounds bitter. Get your popcorn ready, Hoco drama as timeless as a bcc quarter zip, red hots or not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Serious question. In recruiting terms - Is it worth sending a kid to a top private school if he has an opportunity to go to a top public school? Looking at the colleges that a lot of the mid-tier private players go to there seems to be lot of overlap with the colleges that the top public players go to (eg W&L CNU RIT etc). So if you have a kid who could be elite public or midtier private what’s the advantage to private.

Each of the last few years of D1 commitments from DMV have only 5-10 kids from public schools vs 100+ from private schools. I think Broadneck and Severna Park may be the only schools with multiple D1 commits.

There are 2 main differences. Private school coaches spend way more with the athletes throughout the year both in official organized practices and tournaments and unofficial activities. Private schools have a much deeper player pool so competition at practices is going to be stronger. It would be really difficult for a kid at a public school to get the same level of training and opportunity to develop.

As far as getting recognized goes, a public school kid should make sure they are getting minutes on an elite club team. That should be enough to get on the recruiting radar and get seen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Surprised nobody has been discussing ML28 loosing another player to NL because said player is frequently discussed on this board.

maybe people aren't aware. can you give more detail who you are talking about?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you're talking about who I think you are, great player but no longer has a size advantage. Every team has guys his size now. NL offense is not going to be helped by more hero ball and if I know those parents like I think I do they won't be thrilled by DM adding yet another mouth to feed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big #47?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only ML player who gets discussed here by anyone other than his own dad is the big middie - was it him?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Better cafeterias at privates.

All boys make their high school choices based on quality of lunch provided at the shadow day so there is that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only ML player who gets discussed here by anyone other than his own dad is the big middie - was it him?
Yes, word has it #47 has moved from Madlax to Next Level. Big pickup for NL, and an even bigger loss for Madlax. Without some flyins from Michigan, Pittsburgh, and beyond— Madlax is now a AAA team at best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you're talking about who I think you are, great player but no longer has a size advantage. Every team has guys his size now. NL offense is not going to be helped by more hero ball and if I know those parents like I think I do they won't be thrilled by DM adding yet another mouth to feed.

I heard that a good LSM from Madlax has moved over to Next Level. I had not heard about #47 but I wouldn't be surprised. I wonder why he didn't move to DCE like all the other MadLax players?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All boys make their high school choices based on quality of lunch provided at the shadow day so there is that.
Or how much love the head lacrosse coach showed to said 8th grader… which is comical. Make a life long decision based on the shwag bag and the practice pinnie from prospect day

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, the big Middie from Madlax went to Next Level. He’ll be able to drive his buddies to practice this summer

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Reclass and go private!!!! And you do realize youre mid tier regardless of where you go to school. Top players are top players. Being a stat machine against poor competition is easy for the coaches to sort out and is not elite.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, Big #47

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any parent who talks about an individual, identifiable kid must be a pretty sad person. Happy, confident parents with thriving kids don't denigrate other people's children. Especially when they don't know what they're talking about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[Censored] can most Maryland teams. Keep on running away from a real team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Each of the last few years of D1 commitments from DMV have only 5-10 kids from public schools vs 100+ from private schools. I think Broadneck and Severna Park may be the only schools with multiple D1 commits.

There are 2 main differences. Private school coaches spend way more with the athletes throughout the year both in official organized practices and tournaments and unofficial activities. Private schools have a much deeper player pool so competition at practices is going to be stronger. It would be really difficult for a kid at a public school to get the same level of training and opportunity to develop.

As far as getting recognized goes, a public school kid should make sure they are getting minutes on an elite club team. That should be enough to get on the recruiting radar and get seen.
Broadneck, Severna Park, Westminster, Catonsville, Urbana, Linganore to name a few always put out a lot of college players. These teams would be even better without losing a few kids to private schools each year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any parent who talks about an individual, identifiable kid must be a pretty sad person. Happy, confident parents with thriving kids don't denigrate other people's children. Especially when they don't know what they're talking about.

Yeah I agree, it's not NOT disturbing. In fairness however, there are a whole lotta parents here and at the tourneys who should've been asking themselves the hard questions a long time ago, but have no choice but to face them as the kids enter high school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Broadneck, Severna Park, Westminster, Catonsville, Urbana, Linganore to name a few always put out a lot of college players. These teams would be even better without losing a few kids to private schools each year.
Severna Park and Broadneck are regularly stacked, Westminster, Catonsville and Urbana and the others you mentioned have up and down years and play [Censored] schedules.

Look for any A Conference school, and he'll get recruited.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So how about some predictions for HoCo. Assuming Red Hots is the new team, here we go:

1.Crabs
2.Hawks
3.FCA
4. Red Hots
5.Next Level
6.DC Express
8.Madlax

1 and 2 are pretty close, and Red Hots are hard to place because nobody knows who they will have week to week. And MadLax is a wildcard too because their model will be almost the same as Red Hots. But overall that looks pretty accurate.

Like Reply Quote
Page 239 of 260 1 2 237 238 239 240 241 259 260
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard