BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,329
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 68 of 81 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 80 81
Re: MD Girls 2028
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
We appear to need a new topic.

Any competitive lacrosse planned between now and NGLL? Too early for 2028s to check out D1 Winter Prospect Camps? Do any of the Baltimore teams take advantage of opportunities to play 6s or other tourneys?

Most of the top local 2028 clubs are playing in the BWI winter indoor league (instead of the Coppermine indoor league which does not offer an 8th grade division). Competion against each other is worth it, but they have been crushing the JV high school teams.

Some clubs are playing in the Indoor Tournament in Spooky Nook in January as well as a tournament in Florida in January.

Is the Florida tournament you mention the Robinson Sports Citrus 6s? Who is going down for that and is anyone in general looking to pick up an players. Florida in January sounds good to me.

I actually think the Florida tournament is a no-go. FWIW Daughter's team went last year and loved the experience, would have loved to go again this year.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any competitive lacrosse planned between now and NGLL? Too early for 2028s to check out D1 Winter Prospect Camps? Do any of the Baltimore teams take advantage of opportunities to play 6s or other tourneys?

Most of the top local 2028 clubs are playing in the BWI winter indoor league (instead of the Coppermine indoor league which does not offer an 8th grade division). Competion against each other is worth it, but they have been crushing the JV high school teams.

Some clubs are playing in the Indoor Tournament in Spooky Nook in January as well as a tournament in Florida in January.

Is the Florida tournament you mention the Robinson Sports Citrus 6s? Who is going down for that and is anyone in general looking to pick up an players. Florida in January sounds good to me.

I’m pretty sure all three of those things the PP mentioned are Robinson Sports events…interesting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m pretty sure all three of those things the PP mentioned are Robinson Sports events…interesting.

Hey Sherlock, historically SW has done the first two and if the parent was M&D she would already know Citrus Sixes was cancelled.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey Sherlock, historically SW has done the first two and if the parent was M&D she would already know Citrus Sixes was cancelled.

Also, what's interesting about that? Who cares?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's another new topic. Now that the application deadline has passed for most private HS schools, does it look like any IAAM school(s) will have more success recruiting the 2028s than the others? SPSG? Spalding? McDonogh? Maryvale? Will a lot of girls stay public? Realize this is all speculation at this point, but curious to know people's thoughts.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's another new topic. Now that the application deadline has passed for most private HS schools, does it look like any IAAM school(s) will have more success recruiting the 2028s than the others? SPSG? Spalding? McDonogh? Maryvale? Will a lot of girls stay public? Realize this is all speculation at this point, but curious to know people's thoughts.
Probably depends on where the players live, the all in price, and how much of a commute they are willing to do daily. I would assume most Annapolis area girls will apply to St Mary's, Severn, or Spalding. Most Harford County girls will probably will apply to John Carroll. And most Howard County girls to Glenelg. Baltimore area girls have the most options for a somewhat normal commute.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Probably depends on where the players live, the all in price, and how much of a commute they are willing to do daily. I would assume most Annapolis area girls will apply to St Mary's, Severn, or Spalding. Most Harford County girls will probably will apply to John Carroll. And most Howard County girls to Glenelg. Baltimore area girls have the most options for a somewhat normal commute.

It's definitely logical, as most people have very good schools in their back yard, but I do think many girls look beyond what's the easiest commute for not just academic fit, but also for the best lacrosse fit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's definitely logical, as most people have very good schools in their back yard, but I do think many girls look beyond what's the easiest commute for not just academic fit, but also for the best lacrosse fit.

Dead on with the last point. heros 27 had their blinders on for Maryvale, even though it is a much longer commute and has a poor academic reputation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would any sane parent subject their child to a 45-60 minute commute for high school? These girls are stressed enough maintaining their grades, their lacrosse skills, and having a social life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dead on with the last point. heros 27 had their blinders on for Maryvale, even though it is a much longer commute and has a poor academic reputation.
I have never heard that Maryvale has a poor academic reputation - did your daughter not get accepted?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seems like they're recruiting a lot of girls in the 28 year as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have never heard that Maryvale has a poor academic reputation - did your daughter not get accepted?

If you know the private school reputations in Baltimore, then you know Maryvale has one of the worst, if not the worst, academic reps. They are also generally the easiest one to get in to. Brynn Mawr has the best academic reputation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you know the private school reputations in Baltimore, then you know Maryvale has one of the worst, if not the worst, academic reps. They are also generally the easiest one to get in to. Brynn Mawr has the best academic reputation.
I do know the Baltimore private school reputations - have lived here all my life and again have NEVER heard that Maryvale has the "worst academics". I'm not sure who you are listeining to. I know MANY kids that have gone to Maryvale (and no, not mine).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most academically focused girls in Harford Couny will go to NDP or other Baltimore options. John Carroll is a solid school too and of course has super bright girls there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryvale is also one of the more affordable options which, in combination with academics, makes it a lower barrier option for anyone wanting to play on a top team in the IAAM. And just because their academics aren’t the best doesn’t mean they are bad. Though I think most conventional wisdom would say it’s a bad idea to choose a school based on lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryvale is also one of the more affordable options which, in combination with academics, makes it a lower barrier option for anyone wanting to play on a top team in the IAAM. And just because their academics aren’t the best doesn’t mean they are bad. Though I think most conventional wisdom would say it’s a bad idea to choose a school based on lacrosse.

And people choose the most convenient club lax team too? Lax and other sports fit in the decision as well for everyone athlete. You could knock any IAAM school for something except maybe MCDonogh. St Paul’s expensive and who knows when coach leaves. Ndp has dropped off and how long does Mac stay ?
Maryvale poor academics! Garrison super liberal. Athletics are dropping off soon. Gcs has started a dive and not much lax depth after 24. Spalding is not a drivable option for Balt girls. Find a great spot that your daughter will enjoy her experience. !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is just not true. Maryvale is known for a great learning support program. And it is spelled Bryn Mawr. All of the private schools have their strengths and all are good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All good points. But there was a random comment about a school being liberal. What in the world does that mean or have to do with anything? Is that to assume everyone here or the other schools are conservative? How short sighted can someone be to only make it a or themselves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is just not true. Maryvale is known for a great learning support program. And it is spelled Bryn Mawr. All of the private schools have their strengths and all are good.

Well regardless of academics, from what I've heard, it sounds like Maryvale is looking to make out pretty well lacrosse wise in the 2028 year. And as has been previously noted, they have a ton from one of the top ranked 27s team, Hero's, and were already a play off team last year, so it sounds like they will be a force for the foreseeable future.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryvale is loaded at 2029 as well - almost all of coppermine's squad goes there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well regardless of academics, from what I've heard, it sounds like Maryvale is looking to make out pretty well lacrosse wise in the 2028 year. And as has been previously noted, they have a ton from one of the top ranked 27s team, Hero's, and were already a play off team last year, so it sounds like they will be a force for the foreseeable future.

A bunch of Hero's 27s are at Maryvale. Going to be a bottle neck at key positions, not sure if I am a 28, I'd want to go there if I expect to make an early impact. As for academics, its part of the Baltimore Archdiocese,isn't it held to same academic standard as the rest, Spalding, St Mary's, NDP, etc? Not sure how it can have a bad rep for that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What positions are they backed up in ? They have to beat out the older girls to play right ? Good players always find there way on the field at top schools. Lots of really good players sat at St Paul’s and Mcdonogh for a year or 2 as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All better than baltimore publics but not in the same league as DC area privates.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have no connection to either school but Bryn Mawr & McDonogh are absolutely in the same league as the DC privates

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All better than baltimore publics but not in the same league as DC area privates.
Who cares about DC privates...mnost of us live in and around Baltimore!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What positions are they backed up in ? They have to beat out the older girls to play right ? Good players always find there way on the field at top schools. Lots of really good players sat at St Paul’s and Mcdonogh for a year or 2 as well.

Yeah, that's not always the case, there's plenty of players that go on to top D1 schools who barely got on the field in HS or until senior year because of studs in front of them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is such an odd comment, whether you are referring to academics, athletics or facilities, you are off base.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, that's not always the case, there's plenty of players that go on to top D1 schools who barely got on the field in HS or until senior year because of studs in front of them.

Second this. Am often surprised to hear of really talented girls who still don't get significant minutes, let alone have a role on their team. But on the other hand, the IAAM is the top HS league in the country and schools like McDonogh, SPSG, Maryvale, Spalding, I'm probably missing a few, are ranked in top 10 or so in the country. Of course they're going to have a lot of really talented girls, and there are only so many positions to be filled. Some girls, especially freshman, are content to be able to practice with the best talent with the hope of getting PT in the future. Others may want to have an impact early and for them there are a lot of really good schools outside the top few who would be happy to have them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This conversation is exactly why people detest lacrosse. The entitled and privileged sport! Get over yourselves. “My DC private school is better than your Baltimore private school”. Seriously!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This conversation is exactly why people detest lacrosse. The entitled and privileged sport! Get over yourselves. “My DC private school is better than your Baltimore private school”. Seriously!!!

Do people detest lacrosse or just don't pay it any attention?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote=Anonymous]

All better than baltimore publics but not in the same league as DC area privates.[/quote]

I went to private school locally but this is not exactly true. I know a lot of very successful people that went to public schools. Have a lot of friends kids get into certain colleges from a public HS that other friends kids didn’t - even though they went to local private schools. And if you’re talking lacrosse there may not be as many from public because we are all foolish & spend so much for private for lacrosse but there are been some really talented public kids- Sammy White was Dulaney.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote=Anonymous]

I went to private school locally but this is not exactly true. I know a lot of very successful people that went to public schools. Have a lot of friends kids get into certain colleges from a public HS that other friends kids didn’t - even though they went to local private schools. And if you’re talking lacrosse there may not be as many from public because we are all foolish & spend so much for private for lacrosse but there are been some really talented public kids- Sammy White was Dulaney.[/quote]

Not sure how many people know this, but colleges like to take kids from differing high schools and areas. Each High School has a code associated with it. Privates are obviously super competitive, and they aren't going to take 10 kids from that school despite the GPA or SAT scores They will take a kid with lower scores if its from a differing public school.

This is even more apparent for Academies. The kid with a 3.2 from New Orleans is much more likely to get accepted into an Academy over the kid from say McDonough with the 4.0.

Not saying this is good or bad, its just reality.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Getting a sense that a lot of the anti-Maryvale posts are from folks that aren't looking forward to losing to them over then next several years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My school is better than your school. I can't. I knew a girl once from public school who could use both hands. This convo is lame and entitled. What a concept, kids in both private and public school get a good education.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spooky Nook brackets change again. Hmmmm, I wonder who owns this tournament? I guess M&D needed to stack the deck to make sure they get out of pool play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spooky Nook brackets change again. Hmmmm, I wonder who owns this tournament? I guess M&D needed to stack the deck to make sure they get out of pool play.

Maybe have your 2nd class organization put a tournament together. Otherwise be appreciative you have a tournament to play in. Or don't play. Nobody cares.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Absolutely pathetic...almost guaranteeing two M&D clubs make the playoffs. I thought the M&D Black coach had more integrity than this! Why doesn't he push back against this obvious favoritism!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Absolutely pathetic...almost guaranteeing two M&D clubs make the playoffs. I thought the M&D Black coach had more integrity than this! Why doesn't he push back against this obvious favoritism!

This is funny for a Monday morning!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop whining Coppermine dad! I know your daughter will get a little playing time eventually against lower tier teams just be patient

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop whining Coppermine dad! I know your daughter will get a little playing time eventually against lower tier teams just be patient

I'm going to assume that the parent crying and almost having a heart attack over this, has never participated in a Steps or an NXT event.

The organization that hosts these tournaments always show favoritism toward their own teams.

As the earlier poster stated, if you don't like the set up, then have your organization start their own tournament

Only bad teams worry about the brackets.

Like Reply Quote
Page 68 of 81 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 80 81
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard