Originally Posted by Anonymous
Here's another new topic. Now that the application deadline has passed for most private HS schools, does it look like any IAAM school(s) will have more success recruiting the 2028s than the others? SPSG? Spalding? McDonogh? Maryvale? Will a lot of girls stay public? Realize this is all speculation at this point, but curious to know people's thoughts.
Probably depends on where the players live, the all in price, and how much of a commute they are willing to do daily. I would assume most Annapolis area girls will apply to St Mary's, Severn, or Spalding. Most Harford County girls will probably will apply to John Carroll. And most Howard County girls to Glenelg. Baltimore area girls have the most options for a somewhat normal commute.

It's definitely logical, as most people have very good schools in their back yard, but I do think many girls look beyond what's the easiest commute for not just academic fit, but also for the best lacrosse fit.

Dead on with the last point. heros 27 had their blinders on for Maryvale, even though it is a much longer commute and has a poor academic reputation.
I have never heard that Maryvale has a poor academic reputation - did your daughter not get accepted?