BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,305
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 62 of 81 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 80 81
Re: MD Girls 2028
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Fall Power Rankings 28 Division Top 5

#1 Hero’s Green (New additions from out of states will put them at #1)
#2 M&D Black ( added the best player from Bethesda 27and the best player from Pride)
#3 Coppermine ( added legit players but there is only 1 ball which will lead to turmoil, jealousy, and in-house destruction)
#4 Crush ( amazing that they can keep this together)
#5 Skywalkers ( they will only get stronger as they get into high school. They will get the players next year from Coppermine that want to get recruited)
Mark this post: I know at least one top player from the clubs listed above that will be going to Skywalkers next year! May even happen during this club year!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#2 M&D Black ( added the best player from Bethesda 27and the best player from Pride)
#3 Coppermine ( added legit players but there is only 1 ball which will lead to turmoil, jealousy, and in-house destruction)
#5 Skywalkers ( they will only get stronger as they get into high school. They will get the players next year from Coppermine that want to get recruited)

Drinking early I see. Coppermine is the clear #1 and it’s not close. M&D may have gotten the best player from Pride but definitely not from BLC. Good but not the best and is a re class.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Drinking early I see. Coppermine is the clear #1 and it’s not close. M&D may have gotten the best player from Pride but definitely not from BLC. Good but not the best and is a re class.

Agree, this top 5 is really funny. Not sure there are enough top players from out of state for Hero's to catch Coppermine, unless they merged with Eagle Stix.

M&D was really out of gas at the end of last year. Not sure 2 players are enough to turn that around.

Sky Walkers hype is also fascinating; don't really see it yet, but we will get a look on Sunday. Not sure what the point is of predicting for 9th grade when the 8th graders haven't played a game yet, either.

Good for Crush staying together. They seem to have good coaching and team culture.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coppermine may be #1 in preseason ranking but disagree about no one being close. Hero’s is definitely close and could take over spot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree, this top 5 is really funny. Not sure there are enough top players from out of state for Hero's to catch Coppermine, unless they merged with Eagle Stix.

M&D was really out of gas at the end of last year. Not sure 2 players are enough to turn that around.

Sky Walkers hype is also fascinating; don't really see it yet, but we will get a look on Sunday. Not sure what the point is of predicting for 9th grade when the 8th graders haven't played a game yet, either.

Good for Crush staying together. They seem to have good coaching and team culture.

M&D will really struggle this year. Hero’s is not going to challenge Coppermine though, still not sure why everyone thinks Hero’s improved so much when the best player went to Coppermine.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent on the Coppermine 27 team I am embarrassed to say that i was shocked by the way the Coppermine 28 parents were acting when we beat them in a scrimmage. Yelling at volunteer referee, acting like a bunch of fool people. This forum is spot on about their behavior and I seen it first hand!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crush has an almost unfair advantage in having a current college coach coaching the team. And he's highly motivated with a daughter on the team. The team has several really good players, but this team is ranked this high because of the consistent really good coaching they've been getting for several years. You can't really match the combination anywhere else. Could one or more leave to Coppermine because of the lure of being on a #1 team, sure, But no one is going to SW. SW isn't the club it once was. Crush 28 is more likely to attract new top players from other local teams than any leaving to SW. Everyone knows that except for the SW 28 Dads who continually post here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent on the Coppermine 27 team I am embarrassed to say that i was shocked by the way the Coppermine 28 parents were acting when we beat them in a scrimmage. Yelling at volunteer referee, acting like a bunch of fool people. This forum is spot on about their behavior and I seen it first hand!

This has to be fake.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here we go again!! Anything to [Censored] the Coppermine 28 Black team.
If you are a Coppermine 27 parent, then I am Santa Clause! Lol. By the way, the 28 team won that scrimmage, I believe.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D will really struggle this year. Hero’s is not going to challenge Coppermine though, still not sure why everyone thinks Hero’s improved so much when the best player went to Coppermine.

You clearly have no clue what you’re talking about. No Hero’s player went to Coppermine.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You clearly have no clue what you’re talking about. No Hero’s player went to Coppermine.

I am going to have to disagree with that statement. Coppermine 28 Black definitely picked up a player from the Heros 28 Green team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am going to have to disagree with that statement. Coppermine 28 Black definitely picked up a player from the Heros 28 Green team.

But she is not currently listed on Coppermine’s roster?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coppermine may be #1 in preseason ranking but disagree about no one being close. Hero’s is definitely close and could take over spot.

Hero’s lost their best player to coppermine? She’s not listed on their roster

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More like your reading skills [Censored]. No one said anything about Hero’s best player going to Coppermine. Hero’s didn’t improve that much to challenge Coppermine. Coppermine picked up the best player in the area and made them stronger.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More like your reading skills [Censored]. No one said anything about Hero’s best player going to Coppermine. Hero’s didn’t improve that much to challenge Coppermine. Coppermine picked up the best player in the area and made them stronger.

My reading skills are fine, problem is your point was irrelevant. Where that player went has absolutely no bearing on how good Heros is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The best player in the area was already on Coppermine. The best player in the area willing to switch teams went to Coppermine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hero’s dad, loosen up that ugly Camo hat as it’s affecting your judgement. Facts are:

Hero’s didnt improve at all
Hero’s won’t challenge Coppermine
Hero’s will not beat Coppermine

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree, they are terrible always and Coppermine does nothing about it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why wouldn't the best Blue player move to Coppermine Black? That makes no sense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SWB didn't look much improved last weekend! Tons and tons of cards!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why wouldn't the best Blue player move to Coppermine Black? That makes no sense.

Just played Coppermine in a reasonably close game. Parents near me couldn't have been nicer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to Coppermine on another championship. Looks like only Eagle stix and maybe Hero’s will challenge them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because she read the writing on the wall and realized in the history of the 2028 age group Coppermine has only ever moved one player from Blue to Black (a goalie who is now no longer on black), but prefer to get new talent from other teams. Coppermine is not alone on this- pretty sure M&D has never moved anyone either, but they didn't have a red team for a while.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to Coppermine. They have two exceptional players and with the new addition from MDU coming, those 3 will be something. Having said that, I wonder if the attackers for Coppermine will be charged a ticket for entry and just eat popcorn while those 3 dominate the ball? Iso, iso, iso. Everyone on here talks about recruiting, not sure how anyone gets seen if they are watching 3 girls take turns attacking cage and hanging out

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to Coppermine on another championship. Looks like only Eagle stix and maybe Hero’s will challenge them.

Since all of the top bracket 2028 teams played at the exact same time yesterday (with empty fields in between games-why??), anyone want to give a fair assessment of the games they saw? Without other people commenting that they are making excuses or taking things negatively? It is a little harder to tell since a lot of the top teams did not play each other but:

Coppermine obviously still very strong but didn't blow ES away even wtih their new additions/subtractions

Crush had a super easy path to the finals but appears to be pretty much the same team

M&D pretty much had the same scores against the teams they played as last year so appears to not be much better or worse

MDU pretty much had the same scores against the teams they played last year even with losing their best player. Did they have some strong additions or did their old players step up and fill in the gap?

SW had the most up and down day getting beat by Pride and then not even keeping it close to Coppermine. Lots of new players need time to gel or not as strong as expected?

Pride appears to be a very improved team despite losing one of their best players keeping it close and beating some good teams

ES doesn't appear to have added any new talent but still has a couple of outstanding players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good assessment above. Coppermine showed why they are still the team to beat. Skywalkers is all hype. M&D is still out of gas. Crush will be top 3 this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to Coppermine. They have two exceptional players and with the new addition from MDU coming, those 3 will be something. Having said that, I wonder if the attackers for Coppermine will be charged a ticket for entry and just eat popcorn while those 3 dominate the ball? Iso, iso, iso. Everyone on here talks about recruiting, not sure how anyone gets seen if they are watching 3 girls take turns attacking cage and hanging out

The parents, of the kids that arent allowed to touch the ball, should get a fee discount for the season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The parents, of the kids that arent allowed to touch the ball, should get a fee discount for the season.
Are college coaches watching the 28's? Doubtful

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are college coaches watching the 28's? Doubtful

Of course not, but one has to wonder if those three will continue to dominate the ball in a couple years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You do know that the Copp 28 team usually has a minimum of 4 - 5 different scorers in their games, usually more. Or are you just sore because they beat your daughter's team? They do have some exceptional players, but the team as a whole is outstanding. I don't know if you watched the ES game yesterday, but the winning goal was scored by an attacker in OT. It wasn't one of the "3" you mentioned in your comment. Kinda contradicts your opinion of that team. People love to detest good teams!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You see the Coppermine team picture after they won? Lots of unhappy faces even though they won the championship. I’m sure there are plenty of players that are sorry they went there or mad they didn’t go somewhere else. Playing time and team play are more important than t shirts. Let’s just stand around and not be allowed to shoot is a recipe for disaster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Since all of the top bracket 2028 teams played at the exact same time yesterday (with empty fields in between games-why??), anyone want to give a fair assessment of the games they saw? Without other people commenting that they are making excuses or taking things negatively? It is a little harder to tell since a lot of the top teams did not play each other but:

Coppermine obviously still very strong but didn't blow ES away even wtih their new additions/subtractions

Crush had a super easy path to the finals but appears to be pretty much the same team

M&D pretty much had the same scores against the teams they played as last year so appears to not be much better or worse

MDU pretty much had the same scores against the teams they played last year even with losing their best player. Did they have some strong additions or did their old players step up and fill in the gap?

SW had the most up and down day getting beat by Pride and then not even keeping it close to Coppermine. Lots of new players need time to gel or not as strong as expected?

Pride appears to be a very improved team despite losing one of their best players keeping it close and beating some good teams

ES doesn't appear to have added any new talent but still has a couple of outstanding players.

Skywalkers and M&D look like the weakest of the top teams there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You do know that the Copp 28 team usually has a minimum of 4 - 5 different scorers in their games, usually more. Or are you just sore because they beat your daughter's team? They do have some exceptional players, but the team as a whole is outstanding. I don't know if you watched the ES game yesterday, but the winning goal was scored by an attacker in OT. It wasn't one of the "3" you mentioned in your comment. Kinda contradicts your opinion of that team. People love to detest good teams!

I'd be shocked if their top 3 scorers at year end didn't account for 80% of the goals. Some teams just built that way. Majority of HS and college teams get their offense from attack though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You see the Coppermine team picture after they won? Lots of unhappy faces even though they won the championship. I’m sure there are plenty of players that are sorry they went there or mad they didn’t go somewhere else. Playing time and team play are more important than t shirts. Let’s just stand around and not be allowed to shoot is a recipe for disaster.
You can't judge someone's feelings by a still shot! C'mon...you are grasping for anything now. Just sad how some people can't congratulate a team for a great tournament and move on with their life

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good assessment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is not how that team plays. Variety of players score. Lots of goals on cuts, motion, and crisp passing. But yes, if you were coaching talent like they have, you might run a few iso plays too...come on.

Plus there are other functions than scoring goals on a lacrosse team. They have an outstanding draw taker, good defense, some great athletes that carry a big portion of the clears, and some good attackers who get in the mix. Very strong goaltending as well.

I know that most on this thread will continue to talk down the team that they have built, but I think that's a waste of time. The question for their competitors should be how to finish when they have a slow start. That's really Coppermine's one weakness. Couple of bad bounces, a little flat in the first 10 minutes, and an opponent can find themselves in the fight, with a small lead, tied, etc. Aces figured it out--once--last summer when Coppermine was at full strength. That's what Hero's, Eagle Stix, and M&D, should focus on, instead of parents whining about very talented players doing what very talented players do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is not how that team plays. Variety of players score. Lots of goals on cuts, motion, and crisp passing. But yes, if you were coaching talent like they have, you might run a few iso plays too...come on.

Plus there are other functions than scoring goals on a lacrosse team. They have an outstanding draw taker, good defense, some great athletes that carry a big portion of the clears, and some good attackers who get in the mix. Very strong goaltending as well.

I know that most on this thread will continue to talk down the team that they have built, but I think that's a waste of time. The question for their competitors should be how to finish when they have a slow start. That's really Coppermine's one weakness. Couple of bad bounces, a little flat in the first 10 minutes, and an opponent can find themselves in the fight, with a small lead, tied, etc. Aces figured it out--once--last summer when Coppermine was at full strength. That's what Hero's, Eagle Stix, and M&D, should focus on, instead of parents whining about very talented players doing what very talented players do.

Hero’s may be able to capitalize with their offensive style. Eagle stix has the athletes to match up. M&D has no chance in staying competitive with Coppermine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good assessment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]You see the Coppermine team picture after they won? Lots of unhappy faces even though they won the championship. I’m sure there are plenty of players that are sorry they went there or mad they didn’t go somewhere else. Playing time and team play are more important than t shirts. Let’s just stand around and not be allowed to shoot is a recipe for disaster.

This is sour grapes by skywalkers and stars parents because they were completely outmatched by coppermine. Several girls scored not just the two strongest players. Stop being sore losers and trying to justify your team getting drubbed. if its truly only two girls scoring than your defenders need to do better job of stopping them. Did your team actually lose to 2 girls ??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If not for a bungled stall that was working really well until an ill-advised pass - Eagle Stix would have won in regulation this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
Page 62 of 81 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 80 81
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard