BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,342
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 44 of 64 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 63 64
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I saw True C scrimmaging LTLC last weekend while at Red Hots training. Some good talent over there.
Based on what I saw at the Circuit this weekend, are you sure that wasn’t True National’s 2028 team reclassed and now playing with/as the 29 Red Hots National Team?
No, full of Hawks.

Parent of a 29 Red Hots National Team. We only have 2 Hawks players and they were only there on SAT.

Multiple True kids from across the country. All June 1 Birthdays or later. Big boys nonetheless.
Um, that was a rhetorical question by the PP. But to correct him they aren’t reclasses. The kid who scored all the goals is a ‘28.

Kid who scored all the goals was born June 24, 2010.
That’s a 2028 on age kid

US Lacrosse/NLF rules dictate anyone born after 5/31/2010 can play as a 2029.

The Circuit adopted similar rules with 2 exemptions per team allowing birthdates 1/1/2010 or later.
No, no, no. That’s not correct. It’s for kids who are IN SEVENTH GRADE, AND HAVE BEEN RECLASSED. My kid is in 8th grade, but born July 2010. He cannot play in a 2029 event, even though his age would allow him to do so. He would need to reclass and be in the 7th grade, which is the 2029 class. If the kid has not reclassed, and is still in the 2028 grade year— he’s cheating if playing 2029.

You have made this overly complicated, and you're not correct...whether you believe their intent was to focus on reclassed kids is correct or not.

The Circuit's age rules are quite simple:

For 2029s - Born after 5/31/10 with two exemptions born 1/1/10 or later

For 2028s - Born after 5/31/09 with three exemptions born 1/1/09 or later including last year's somehow approved double-holdback players grandfathered in (fun fact, there), but no "new" double holdbacks.

That's it. There's no more to it, at least in writing. The USL-NLF system is switching directly to soccer-style age groups. In fact the new NLF rules say "graduation years are only for team names" starting this year.

So, congrats on your son's playing up a year, all these years, but it's clear that he doesn't have to anymore.

For better and for worse, age/grad year are now less complicated and for your son, he now has more options.
You’re wrong. 2028 kids cannot play in 2029’division based on age. The age exception applies to kids playing 2029 who are old enough to be 2028, but reclassed somewhere along the way. My son is on age for 2028, he’s just on the younger end having been a July 2010 kid. If he wants to reclass after this year, yes, he could play 2029 because he IS ONE. This change did NOT make youth lacrosse an age-based sport. It simply allows the slightly older ones who have already reclassed, to keep playing 2029. If they are considerably older and have reclassed, they have to go play with their peers in age at 2028.

Repeat— youth lacrosse is STILL grade based. You play in the grade you are in, or you can play up. But you cannot, under any instance, PLAY DOWN.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw True C scrimmaging LTLC last weekend while at Red Hots training. Some good talent over there.
Based on what I saw at the Circuit this weekend, are you sure that wasn’t True National’s 2028 team reclassed and now playing with/as the 29 Red Hots National Team?
No, full of Hawks.

Parent of a 29 Red Hots National Team. We only have 2 Hawks players and they were only there on SAT.

Multiple True kids from across the country. All June 1 Birthdays or later. Big boys nonetheless.
Um, that was a rhetorical question by the PP. But to correct him they aren’t reclasses. The kid who scored all the goals is a ‘28.

That’s a 2028 on age kid

The Circuit adopted similar rules with 2 exemptions per team allowing birthdates 1/1/2010 or later.
No, no, no. That’s not correct. It’s for kids who are IN SEVENTH GRADE, AND HAVE BEEN RECLASSED. My kid is in 8th grade, but born July 2010. He cannot play in a 2029 event, even though his age would allow him to do so. He would need to reclass and be in the 7th grade, which is the 2029 class. If the kid has not reclassed, and is still in the 2028 grade year— he’s cheating if playing 2029.

You have made this overly complicated, and you're not correct...whether you believe their intent was to focus on reclassed kids is correct or not.

For 2028s - Born after 5/31/09 with three exemptions born 1/1/09 or later including last year's somehow approved double-holdback players grandfathered in (fun fact, there), but no "new" double holdbacks.

That's it. There's no more to it, at least in writing. The USL-NLF system is switching directly to soccer-style age groups. In fact the new NLF rules say "graduation years are only for team names" starting this year.

So, congrats on your son's playing up a year, all these years, but it's clear that he doesn't have to anymore.

For better and for worse, age/grad year are now less complicated and for your son, he now has more options.
You’re wrong. 2028 kids cannot play in 2029’division based on age. The age exception applies to kids playing 2029 who are old enough to be 2028, but reclassed somewhere along the way. My son is on age for 2028, he’s just on the younger end having been a July 2010 kid. If he wants to reclass after this year, yes, he could play 2029 because he IS ONE. This change did NOT make youth lacrosse an age-based sport. It simply allows the slightly older ones who have already reclassed, to keep playing 2029. If they are considerably older and have reclassed, they have to go play with their peers in age at 2028.

Repeat— youth lacrosse is STILL grade based. You play in the grade you are in, or you can play up. But you cannot, under any instance, PLAY DOWN.
I just posted this, and I am here to say I may stand corrected. Maybe a kid in 2028 grad class can indeed play in 2029 grad class based on new age rules. It’s still not super clear, but it does say in high school, they will play with their graduation year team. So that’s a little vague— it says “in high school, NLF will continue to group high school players by graduation year.”

Not sure how that would work if he’s playing on a team with sophomores while being a Junior. Seems ridiculous for sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, full of Hawks.

That’s a 2028 on age kid

Sure dude, point me to where it says that in the Circuit or NLF rules. Maybe right after the part of the NLF rules where it says that going forward, teams have a graduation year solely for "team name purposes". Or the part of the NLF-USL agreement discussing "U14 teams" and "U12 teams." Show me the facts that have led you to this conclusion you feel so incredibly strong about. I have a weird feeling that it's something that you heard from a club coach who allegedly heard it from Ricky Dubois at the Hoco league who allegedly talked to US Lacrosse about it at some point (with a reminder here that the HoCo league, while awesome, does not comprise "all club lacrosse" or rules for such). How close am I?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, full of Hawks.

That’s a 2028 on age kid

Sure dude, point me to where it says that in the Circuit or NLF rules. Maybe right after the part of the NLF rules where it says that going forward, teams have a graduation year solely for "team name purposes". Or the part of the NLF-USL agreement discussing "U14 teams" and "U12 teams." Show me the facts that have led you to this conclusion you feel so incredibly strong about. I have a weird feeling that it's something that you heard from a club coach who allegedly heard it from Ricky Dubois at the Hoco league who allegedly talked to US Lacrosse about it at some point (with a reminder here that the HoCo league, while awesome, does not comprise "all club lacrosse" or rules for such). How close am I?
While we’re on the HoCo subject. Can 8th graders play in the 7th grade division this spring if they’re born after May 31, 2010?
That could get interesting. So much for keeping classmates together, per the USL statement.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, full of Hawks.

That’s a 2028 on age kid

While we’re on the HoCo subject. Can 8th graders play in the 7th grade division this spring if they’re born after May 31, 2010?
That could get interesting. So much for keeping classmates together, per the USL statement.

It's right on the front page of ghclacrosse.com - "No player born before June 1, 2010 may participate in 2029".

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, full of Hawks.

That’s a 2028 on age kid

That "keeping teams together" statement served one purpose and expressed a totally different verifiable fact.

The purpose of that phrase was to smooth the fires of club lax parents worried about losing their "star" even though the "star" is 2 years older, and will inevitably have to play with 2028s if not 2027s for awhile. It's a "this is fine" statement. "please don't freak out."

The verifiable fact behind that phrase is that with few elite exceptions in MA, NY, Philly, MD, and DC, the 300 or so 2029 club teams playing across the country will for the most part "stay together" because the average club team at HoCo AA and below has maybe 2 holdbacks. By default, the other 23-27 kids on the roster can "stay together."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, full of Hawks.

That’s a 2028 on age kid

Age and Grade in HOCO:

Age Requirement: No player born before June 1, 2010 may participate in 2029

Grade Requirement: Players in 7th grade MUST participate in the 2029 grade designation or above (2028) pending age requirement

*Players born before June 1, 2010 in 7th grade must participate in the 2028 grade designation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, full of Hawks.

That’s a 2028 on age kid

Age and Grade in HOCO:

Grade Requirement: Players in 7th grade MUST participate in the 2029 grade designation or above (2028) pending age requirement

*Players born before June 1, 2010 in 7th grade must participate in the 2028 grade designation.
Does not answer the previous poster’s question. LOT of 2028 on age kids were born between June 1 and August 31, 2010. Based on the guy above, all these kids (1/4 of the on age 2028’s can choose to play down in 2029 this spring at HoCo. That’s what you’re saying.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of 29’s playing down in 2030 too. No reclassing either…just based on summer bdays and being non-contributor on the 29 team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Circuit is age based and does not follow graduation year. The Circuit verifies every kid through a third-party service that requires a birth certificate. Guessing NLF and US Lacrosse will not age verify this way but rather utilize US Lacrosse membership information. Too expensive for NLF to use a third-party service and nor do they want to dig too deep with their founding and affiliate members. US Lacrosse membership information is not verified. Get your kid a number, put whatever birthdate you want in the registration link and pay your fee.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I recall uploading a birth certificate for age verification for my son on US Lacrosse. Maybe I'm misremembering.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3rd party? It was guy with a excel spreadsheet from NXT that read names and kids raised hands. Didn't even read all the names on the list. 3rd party was to print the list of names I guess.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, full of Hawks.

That’s a 2028 on age kid

Age and Grade in HOCO:

Based on this, a July, 2010 birth date means that you can:
1. Play with 2027s (no Hoco teams this year obviously)
2. Play with 2028s
3. Play with 2029s
4. Cannot play with 2030s

If your son's birthday falls within the eligible range, there's no documentation anywhere for any tournament or league (that I've seen) that says that the player must be tied to the club roster for their graduation date....that's the entire holdback legacy problem that the Lax Overlords are trying to solve. They want the players to be LESS tied to their grade level and MORE tied to age appropriate tiers, creating fewer high performance "outliers."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I recall uploading a birth certificate for age verification for my son on US Lacrosse. Maybe I'm misremembering.

I'm not sure you're wrong or right, but when we re-upped my son's USL membership in August, we did not have to upload any age verification.

Last year for the Circuit we *did* have to upload age verification documents. Which was kind of silly in retrospect, because that specific Circuit event (Naples) ended up with completely broken and unrecorded rosters, multiple players playing down and playing for multiple teams, etc. One MD kid wasn't on a roster, but his brother was, so the unrostered kid randomly brought his stick/helmet/gloves on the trip..... and the unrostered kid ended up playing the whole event, as well as in the championship weekend, for the championship team.

Also file under: "Sure, tryouts are the legitimate way that teams build their roster."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of 29’s playing down in 2030 too. No reclassing either…just based on summer bdays and being non-contributor on the 29 team
Yeah, figure this will happen. Anyone who thinks this age thing will keep teams together is clueless. If you have the age cutoff at June 1, kids will be aging out RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SUMMER SEASON. They should have used birth year, period.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm told USL/NLF events will require every rostered player to be age verified via USL. Coaches will have a list on their phone that should verify their roster. All coaches will have the option between quarters to inquire about an opposing players age should they choose and the opposing coach will have to age verify for that player. Failure to do so will be an automatic DQ of the team from the event.

The USL age verification process requires an ID or birth certificate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's correct. You have to submit a birth certificate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, figure this will happen. Anyone who thinks this age thing will keep teams together is clueless. If you have the age cutoff at June 1, kids will be aging out RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SUMMER SEASON. They should have used birth year, period.

This makes zero sense. It's like the poster has absolutely no clue and just looking to create laughs. Unless a kid's birthday changes date - so for example, he goes from being born on July 10th to the same kid being born on May 15th....there's no way he will "age out in the middle of a season". His birthday is his birthday - and that drives his ability to be rostered on a 2029 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This makes zero sense. It's like the poster has absolutely no clue and just looking to create laughs. Unless a kid's birthday changes date - so for example, he goes from being born on July 10th to the same kid being born on May 15th....there's no way he will "age out in the middle of a season". His birthday is his birthday - and that drives his ability to be rostered on a 2029 team.
I’m guessing this previous poster was pointing out that having the age breakpoint in the exact middle of the high season of lacrosse (Summer), teams or divided at the least opportune time. If we’re going by age only, and grade no longer mattters. I dunno, just glad she is becoming meaningful again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m guessing this previous poster was pointing out that having the age breakpoint in the exact middle of the high season of lacrosse (Summer), teams or divided at the least opportune time. If we’re going by age only, and grade no longer mattters. I dunno, just glad she is becoming meaningful again.

This is even more incoherent than the "birth year" post. Didn't think it was possible.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So much hand wringing and pearl clutching. In just the last 90 days, youth lax has moved from:

"we love double holdbacks...it's how we show that we develop players! Sure he has a mustache, thats normal in 5th grade."

to:

"state education birth years plus 90 days."

Almost all the 2028 reclasses left their 2029 teams after tryouts this summer. Youth lax will look a bit different and more fair, going forward. Is it perfect? Maybe? Yes? No? but take a deep breath already.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is even more incoherent than the "birth year" post. Didn't think it was possible.
Clearly, the terms “median” and “mean” in mathematics mean nothing to you, so I won’t attempt to explain. But having the split between two different age groups right in the middle of the HEIGHT (or middle of bell curve) of the lacrosse season does not make sense, if they actually thought about what they’re trying to accomplish with this change. It would be January 1st.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Clearly, the terms “median” and “mean” in mathematics mean nothing to you, so I won’t attempt to explain. But having the split between two different age groups right in the middle of the HEIGHT (or middle of bell curve) of the lacrosse season does not make sense, if they actually thought about what they’re trying to accomplish with this change. It would be January 1st.

For a 2029 team, the kids will have birthdays between 6/1/2010 to 5/31/2011 (unless a kid is playing up). For games played before 6/1/2024 all the kids will be on-age 2029s. For games played after 6/1/2024 all the kids will be on-age 2029s. Please explain to us what exactly will happen on June 1st that has you so upset and provide an example.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NOTABLE ITEMS IN USA LACROSSE'S PLAYER SEGMENTATION POLICY:

An emphasis on grouping players by single-age years (12-month span), with exceptions of up to 24 months for age groupings as needed. (Note: NLF has chosen to use 15-month age groupings for its clubs and events.)
A September 1 birthdate is the start of new age groupings in an attempt to align with the majority of school systems nationwide to allow players to play with people in their own grade level when possible.
Firmly defined playing season that begins its 12-month cycle on September 1.
Standardized nomenclature that lists maximum age first (i.e., 12U, not U12).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For a 2029 team, the kids will have birthdays between 6/1/2010 to 5/31/2011 (unless a kid is playing up). For games played before 6/1/2024 all the kids will be on-age 2029s. For games played after 6/1/2024 all the kids will be on-age 2029s. Please explain to us what exactly will happen on June 1st that has you so upset and provide an example.
Nobody upset. Simply pointing out that if they want the greatest number of 12 year olds closest in age to one another at the height of the season (June)— the cutoff would be January 1st. With the middle of that age group (let’s continue to use 12u for this purpose), you would have 50% of the 12 year olds playing together at the height of of the June season (kids born March, April and May and kids born Nume, July and August). You will always have kids who are 364 days older than other kids in their age group. But you’d be closer to the median age at the height of the season if January was the cutoff, and the season is June/July. Not a big deal, not upset.
Ice Hockey does it. You play by birth yesr. 14 year olds today are playing in the 2010 division. Just an example.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody upset. Simply pointing out that if they want the greatest number of 12 year olds closest in age to one another at the height of the season (June)— the cutoff would be January 1st. With the middle of that age group (let’s continue to use 12u for this purpose), you would have 50% of the 12 year olds playing together at the height of of the June season (kids born March, April and May and kids born Nume, July and August). You will always have kids who are 364 days older than other kids in their age group. But you’d be closer to the median age at the height of the season if January was the cutoff, and the season is June/July. Not a big deal, not upset.
Ice Hockey does it. You play by birth yesr. 14 year olds today are playing in the 2010 division. Just an example.
Valid point for those who understand the Bell curve concept

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This sentence does not make sense: "If you want the greatest number of 12 year olds closest in age to one another at the height of the season...". How close in age kids are to one another never changes. A kid 1 day older than another stays 1 day older - forever. Same with a kid 364 days older than another. The rosters do not change on June 1st.

I think you're getting hung up on the "12U" designation which frankly I've never seen used in any tournament or league my son has played in. It's always just "2029".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The math major has no clue what they are talking about...they are just trying to goad people into an argument. Some folks just like to stir up comments with nonsense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First big play day of the season on Sunday, at the Next Level event. Should have some good games, here's a few to watch:
- 8:30: Hawks v. FCA. How do Hawks fare against a team that came within a goal of beating them in HoCo last spring. FCA added some key pieces and should be much improved.
- 10:30: FCA playing LTRC/Crabs. LTRC/Crabs had a huge roster turn-over - with almost 50% of their roster changing, including losing some very key players. But they also picked up some kids. Last year the teams split with each team beating the other a couple times each. Always a hard-fought game when LTLC plays FCA.
- 11:30: Hawks playing Next Level. These are almost certainly the cream of the 2029 crop in the country - and the top two local teams.

Also cool that the play day includes the most likely group of teams to be in the top division of HoCo this coming season. Only VLC and 91MD not present. Millon doesn't historically challenge his teams pre-season - and his teams clearly have well-documented problems competing at this level (aside from the ones that he has kids on.) And I think VLC lost a bunch of players / may not have a team playing at this level this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's a 15 month window, genius. I'm sorry your kid was born in January and is not competitive with his own age group. Get over it. It will all even out when everyone gets through puberty.

Also, age verification wasn't about keeping teams together... it was about player safety.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's a 15 month window, genius. I'm sorry your kid was born in January and is not competitive with his own age group. Get over it. It will all even out when everyone gets through puberty.

Also, age verification wasn't about keeping teams together... it was about player safety.

No... what would make the most sense is Sept 1st... in line with the actual school year cutoff.... but I'm guessing your kid was a January or February birthday and you're still butthurt watching him get embarrassed by similarly aged kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If "safety" were the impetus they would've been better served focusing on the officials properly and forcefully adjudicating the rules.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I must be an [Censored]. The best athletes I knew growing up had older brothers who beat on them constantly and made them earn everything. I've been focused on having my kid play up in any sport where his ability warrants it. Little did I know I should have been focusing on having him play down so he can best weaker competition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Talk to a team 29 parent this week. They picked up some of the players from the non existent kelly post team and they are playing in the elite division. Looking forward to seeing how teams do in the fall tournaments. Looks like the next level tournament has the top Hoco Elite Teams. 91 is not in it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Talk to a team 29 parent this week. They picked up some of the players from the non existent kelly post team and they are playing in the elite division. Looking forward to seeing how teams do in the fall tournaments. Looks like the next level tournament has the top Hoco Elite Teams. 91 is not in it.
What team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 … Sorry typo

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This sentence does not make sense: "If you want the greatest number of 12 year olds closest in age to one another at the height of the season...". How close in age kids are to one another never changes. A kid 1 day older than another stays 1 day older - forever. Same with a kid 364 days older than another. The rosters do not change on June 1st.

I think you're getting hung up on the "12U" designation which frankly I've never seen used in any tournament or league my son has played in. It's always just "2029".
Last try… lacrosse season starts June 1 and goes through July 15.

The age group 12 U is kids born June 1 through August 31 of the following year. Assuming the dispersion of birthdays is equally scattered throughout that time period— you’re needlessly overweighting the advantage to the kids born in those first 3 months.

Now try to follow. If the split was in the middle of that time period— you’d have 25% of the kids 3 months younger, and 25% 3 months older.

Done trying to explain mean average or bell curves to lax bros. Carry on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is fool, next topic. See what happens when you try to make sense on here. Predictions for October Inv.
NL 3-0
FCA 2-1
Hawks 2-1
True 2-1.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last try… lacrosse season starts June 1 and goes through July 15.

The age group 12 U is kids born June 1 through August 31 of the following year. Assuming the dispersion of birthdays is equally scattered throughout that time period— you’re needlessly overweighting the advantage to the kids born in those first 3 months.

Now try to follow. If the split was in the middle of that time period— you’d have 25% of the kids 3 months younger, and 25% 3 months older.

Done trying to explain mean average or bell curves to lax bros. Carry on.

Lacrosse season for new teams is usually Fall through end of July. Although it seems like tryouts are getting earlier and earlier due to competition.

Like Reply Quote
Page 44 of 64 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 63 64
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard