BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,369
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 43 of 64 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 63 64
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I saw True C scrimmaging LTLC last weekend while at Red Hots training. Some good talent over there.
Based on what I saw at the Circuit this weekend, are you sure that wasn’t True National’s 2028 team reclassed and now playing with/as the 29 Red Hots National Team?
No, full of Hawks.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Um, that was a rhetorical question by the PP. But to correct him they aren’t reclasses. The kid who scored all the goals is a ‘28.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The better teams at the circuit look like varsity age kids. Totally ridiculous

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A new question for the forum... our boys are in 7th grade. In a little more than 3 years, recruiting is going to begin. Each year, teams that formerly played HOCO elite and top MIAA teams matriculate a ton of D1 talent.

What percentage of current (2029) HOCO elite team players do you think will actually develop into these future D1 recruits? Will these teams develop current players or will they simply recruit new talent and turn their rosters over to produce these results?
A decent number, but not as many as you think. Around 8-9th grade, kids start hitting puberty. That will have a huge impact, as more great athletes will start showing up on rosters— smaller kids who are. It blessed with speed and strength, even if they were great in 4th grade— will get lapped by these athletic kids. Enjoy the current years, the team will change dramatically come high school

8th grade down south ain’t the same as 8th grade up north
They are getting learners permits down south

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought this was the age verification tournament. Wasn’t that the point. except for 3 waivers. It’s all over social media too. Is this just sour grapes parents complaining or does this tournament not live up to the billing and promises?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Um, that was a rhetorical question by the PP. But to correct him they aren’t reclasses. The kid who scored all the goals is a ‘28.
Please show age verification then? How do you know, how do we find out? I can’t wait to heckle his parents in Florida.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do we need to do a welfare check on Madlax’s Supreme Leader Cabell?!?! lots of ‘29 Madlax boys on rival Next Level’s MOJO Circuit team. Heard same for several other MOJO teams…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do we need to do a welfare check on Madlax’s Supreme Leader Cabell?!?! lots of ‘29 Madlax boys on rival Next Level’s MOJO Circuit team. Heard same for several other MOJO teams…

Looks like he is realizing that he needs to let go of the "iron fist" or he will lose more kids...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At 28 I think only two madlax playing for Mojo- one who can do whatever he wants, one who I would have thought would be just grateful to be at madlax and maybe one more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next level 29s are good. Do they need any Madlax kids? Didn’t they beat ML in hoco?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please show age verification then? How do you know, how do we find out? I can’t wait to heckle his parents in Florida.

RedHots dad here. Yes, we have ‘28 kids on our team but they are young for the grade. There are 7th graders playing that are older than them. The Circuit is age based not grade based so we are not in the wrong. And no need to ever heckle parents under any circumstances.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

RedHots dad here. Yes, we have ‘28 kids on our team but they are young for the grade. There are 7th graders playing that are older than them. The Circuit is age based not grade based so we are not in the wrong. And no need to ever heckle parents under any circumstances.

You sound like a mom of an exemption kid that doesn’t want to be embarrassed. I really enjoy heckling parents that search harder for loopholes rather than show their child what hard work and extra practice is.
Did I count 15 subs on your sideline or were you combining teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At 28 I think only two madlax playing for Mojo- one who can do whatever he wants, one who I would have thought would be just grateful to be at madlax and maybe one more.
3 that I know of. 2 middies and big 47. Cabell must be puking in the bushes again

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yea 47 can do whatever he wants.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are 3 ML 28s and the 2 that left ML for NL playing for MOJOs. Not an accident they got a lot of attention on MOJO's instagram. Pretty funny. Big 47 also plays for Red Hots and guests for NL from time to time. Not all the rules apply the same at that club....probably why it's melting down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We were at the Circuit over the weekend and any claim that they are keeping close eye on players being on age is laughable. Some teams looked like they had honored the age rules and holy moly did they get punished for it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess DM took whichever ML kids asked to play with Mojo last weekend just to mess with CM - other than 47 who is by all accounts a great player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We were at the Circuit over the weekend and any claim that they are keeping close eye on players being on age is laughable. Some teams looked like they had honored the age rules and holy moly did they get punished for it.

Failed the eye test for sure. Thought these rosters are supposed to be public?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw True C scrimmaging LTLC last weekend while at Red Hots training. Some good talent over there.
Based on what I saw at the Circuit this weekend, are you sure that wasn’t True National’s 2028 team reclassed and now playing with/as the 29 Red Hots National Team?
No, full of Hawks.

Parent of a 29 Red Hots National Team. We only have 2 Hawks players and they were only there on SAT.

Multiple True kids from across the country. All June 1 Birthdays or later. Big boys nonetheless.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, full of Hawks.

Parent of a 29 Red Hots National Team. We only have 2 Hawks players and they were only there on SAT.

Multiple True kids from across the country. All June 1 Birthdays or later. Big boys nonetheless.

Kid who scored all the goals was born June 24, 2010.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, full of Hawks.

I thought this was the age verification tournament. Wasn’t that the point. except for 3 waivers. It’s all over social media too. Is this just sour grapes parents complaining or does this tournament not live up to the billing and promises?

The Circuit requires that you submit a copy of Birth Certificate or Passport. June 1 cutoff. 2 exceptions allowed at the 29 level but they cannot be born before 1/1/2010.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Boo-Hoo! They are not reclased they are the same age as the nationals kids. Both 13 just more skilled than the Nationals kids playing up they are verified. Nationals parents were angry they started a fight very classless telling your players to injury a player. Good luck Nationals your run is over!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Boo-Hoo! They are not reclased they are the same age as the nationals kids. Both 13 just more skilled than the Nationals kids playing up they are verified. Nationals parents were angry they started a fight very classless telling your players to injury a player. Good luck Nationals your run is over!

Dude, it’s youth lacrosse. Grow up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, full of Hawks.

The Circuit requires that you submit a copy of Birth Certificate or Passport. June 1 cutoff. 2 exceptions allowed at the 29 level but they cannot be born before 1/1/2010.

Appreciate the explanation and kudos to Red Hots for being able to get a beast based on his birthdate. Textbook recruiting. But that team is literally one player who’s bigger, faster, stronger and then a bunch of kids to complete a roster. The upset daddies are the ones dreading football players dominating their avg height/athleticism kids spots. Sorry but it’s just a matter of time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, full of Hawks.

Appreciate the explanation and kudos to Red Hots for being able to get a beast based on his birthdate. Textbook recruiting. But that team is literally one player who’s bigger, faster, stronger and then a bunch of kids to complete a roster. The upset daddies are the ones dreading football players dominating their avg height/athleticism kids spots. Sorry but it’s just a matter of time.

Help me out, I went to public school. If my son birthday is 7/2011, could he play for 31’s in the circuit? Again, please help don’t tease me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, full of Hawks.

That’s a 2028 on age kid

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are 3 ML 28s and the 2 that left ML for NL playing for MOJOs. Not an accident they got a lot of attention on MOJO's instagram. Pretty funny. Big 47 also plays for Red Hots and guests for NL from time to time. Not all the rules apply the same at that club....probably why it's melting down.

Big 47 is almost done. He stop growing over a year ago. Topped out at 5’8 165 lbs. Dominated 6th grade lax and was still impactful last year. I suspect most of the Elite 8th grade teams will have an LSM who can stop him this upcoming year. In a few years, he’ll be one of the smaller kids on the field. At that time, he’ll be the one needing to rely on athleticism to stay relevant.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, has to be born in or after 05/31/2012

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a National event. No loopholes part of the rules. Nationals has is the worst they used there number ONE status to poach all the kids from the circuit teams. But they are ok I'm glad they got beat, nobody stays with that team for long anyway. Did anyone see the attack get trucked by the big kid who is the same age! Might be elite with the small guys but when running with the big boys they are in trouble

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The dude who was playing for True Chesapeake 2028 now playing for 2029 Red Hots from Nevada is like 15 years old. Last spring was already being recruited for college football. No joke. This stuff has gotten completely out of hand.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The dude who was playing for True Chesapeake 2028 now playing for 2029 Red Hots from Nevada is like 15 years old. Last spring was already being recruited for college football. No joke. This stuff has gotten completely out of hand.
The Circuit is a joke, money grab. Not to mention at the 2029 and 2028 level some of the teams def have older kids across the board. Nothing is validated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who would ask to play for MOJO? what a joke. the NL kids who didn't get asked by their owner to play for MOJO must feel pretty bad.............. especially if they had to go to ML to recruit players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Son played in the Circuit for the first time this past weekend........fool experience. Weather was unreal with the rain on Saturday. More importantly it was a poop show when it came to rosters and players. I personally watched a kid on the 2029 play for a Nations United, then swapped jerseys and put on a Nationals jersey to play with them. There clearly was 2028's playing down on all sorts of teams.........and the top teams were littered with elite level HOCO players (Hawks, Madlax, FCA, True Chesapeake).

What was the point of all this "Age Verification" stuff for Tournaments and HOCO Spring League...if events like the Circuit are not going to abide by them. Are we now going to have events that are "Age Verification Certified" and events that are not??

We definitely won't be back and I don't see that event surviving another 2 years. Complete MONEY GRAB! The only people that really care about it are Red Hots and Nationals........because their success doesn't exist without the event.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree, very disappointing The Circuit didn’t do a better job of managing the weather. Next time they should have it rain on Friday instead.

Read above posts regarding age verification that took place and the kid(s) you’re probably questioning.

Sorry your son’s team got beat. That also should never happen.

The Red Hots do the most extensive recruiting. I mean what other team uses Connor Kelly to send DMs to kids to recruit them for the team. The Nationals practices the most.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree, very disappointing The Circuit didn’t do a better job of managing the weather. Next time they should have it rain on Friday instead.

Read above posts regarding age verification that took place and the kid(s) you’re probably questioning.

Sorry your son’s team got beat. That also should never happen.

The Red Hots do the most extensive recruiting. I mean what other team uses Connor Kelly to send DMs to kids to recruit them for the team. The Nationals practices the most.

Red hots manipulated the rules to let 8th graders play 2029. The circuit obliged.

The circuit also doesn’t care about age verification. It’s definitely a scam. Player authenticate is a scam.

It’s a bad lacrosse tournament- but due to flashy social media the kids want to play. So there is that.

Overall 2/10 event.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, full of Hawks.

That’s a 2028 on age kid
Did this kid decide to repeat seventh grade this year or is he still in eighth grade playing in a seventh grade league? Big difference.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, full of Hawks.

That’s a 2028 on age kid

US Lacrosse/NLF rules dictate anyone born after 5/31/2010 can play as a 2029.

The Circuit adopted similar rules with 2 exemptions per team allowing birthdates 1/1/2010 or later.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Circuit...
We are going to do age verification!!! Sign up and pay
We will do age based
Ahhh we will now do 15 month window...........
Oops we are now doing extended age window and 3 exceptions
OK game day raise your hand if you are not you and to old.
OK we are good to go!! cha ching!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, full of Hawks.

That’s a 2028 on age kid

The Circuit adopted similar rules with 2 exemptions per team allowing birthdates 1/1/2010 or later.
No, no, no. That’s not correct. It’s for kids who are IN SEVENTH GRADE, AND HAVE BEEN RECLASSED. My kid is in 8th grade, but born July 2010. He cannot play in a 2029 event, even though his age would allow him to do so. He would need to reclass and be in the 7th grade, which is the 2029 class. If the kid has not reclassed, and is still in the 2028 grade year— he’s cheating if playing 2029.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, full of Hawks.

That’s a 2028 on age kid

No, no, no. That’s not correct. It’s for kids who are IN SEVENTH GRADE, AND HAVE BEEN RECLASSED. My kid is in 8th grade, but born July 2010. He cannot play in a 2029 event, even though his age would allow him to do so. He would need to reclass and be in the 7th grade, which is the 2029 class. If the kid has not reclassed, and is still in the 2028 grade year— he’s cheating if playing 2029.

You have made this overly complicated, and you're not correct...whether you believe their intent was to focus on reclassed kids is correct or not.

The Circuit's age rules are quite simple:

For 2029s - Born after 5/31/10 with two exemptions born 1/1/10 or later

For 2028s - Born after 5/31/09 with three exemptions born 1/1/09 or later including last year's somehow approved double-holdback players grandfathered in (fun fact, there), but no "new" double holdbacks.

That's it. There's no more to it, at least in writing. The USL-NLF system is switching directly to soccer-style age groups. In fact the new NLF rules say "graduation years are only for team names" starting this year.

So, congrats on your son's playing up a year, all these years, but it's clear that he doesn't have to anymore.

For better and for worse, age/grad year are now less complicated and for your son, he now has more options.

Like Reply Quote
Page 43 of 64 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 63 64
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard