BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,819
Posts388,387
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 42 of 64 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 63 64
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What fall tournaments or one day scrimmages are teams going to?

If you care so much start with which ones your team is playing in

Crabs / LTLC (Next Level Invitational)
Hawks (Victory Fall Classic, Hogan Fall Brawl)
Madlax (NXT Mid-Atlantic Games, Hogan Fall Brawl, NAL)
True Chesapeake (Next Level Invitational, NAL)
Predators (Next Level Invitational, Hogan Fall Brawl)
FCA (Trilogy Ches Fall Classic, Next Level Invitational, NAL)
Next Level (Next Level Invitational, Sweetlax Sweet 16)
Team 91 MD (Jack-O-Lantern Lax Classic, Hogan Fall Brawl)
VLC........???? elite team finished
True Baltimore........????

Thanks so much for posting this. That Next Level Invitational looks to be one to check out for sure.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
World Series Qualifier? Anyone? Anyone?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
World Series Qualifier? Anyone? Anyone?

The World has stopped caring about this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A new question for the forum... our boys are in 7th grade. In a little more than 3 years, recruiting is going to begin. Each year, teams that formerly played HOCO elite and top MIAA teams matriculate a ton of D1 talent.

What percentage of current (2029) HOCO elite team players do you think will actually develop into these future D1 recruits? Will these teams develop current players or will they simply recruit new talent and turn their rosters over to produce these results?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A new question for the forum... our boys are in 7th grade. In a little more than 3 years, recruiting is going to begin. Each year, teams that formerly played HOCO elite and top MIAA teams matriculate a ton of D1 talent.

What percentage of current (2029) HOCO elite team players do you think will actually develop into these future D1 recruits? Will these teams develop current players or will they simply recruit new talent and turn their rosters over to produce these results?

D1 as in the big name D1 teams or one of the schools that is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. If that helps quarter zip/holdback/hit the wall Dad puff out his chest and say my boy went D1 more power to him but there are many D1 options but that doesn’t mean they are all worth it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

D1 as in the big name D1 teams or one of the schools that is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. If that helps quarter zip/holdback/hit the wall Dad puff out his chest and say my boy went D1 more power to him but there are many D1 options but that doesn’t mean they are all worth it.

There's definitely a ton of talent on 2029 Elite HOCO teams just based on how they all ended in the rankings this past season. However, I think it's way too early to forecast D1 talent. With the new age rules this year and how much the boys will grow in the next two years I think it's tough to determine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interesting question. 8 Elite teams is about 192 players. Looking at the last couple years of recruits on IL it's about 120 kids from DMV going D1. From 7th grade to 10th/11th grade I would estimate 50% roster turnover. Allowing for some recruits to come from non HoCo elite teams, my guess would be about 25%.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A decent number, but not as many as you think. Around 8-9th grade, kids start hitting puberty. That will have a huge impact, as more great athletes will start showing up on rosters— smaller kids who are. It blessed with speed and strength, even if they were great in 4th grade— will get lapped by these athletic kids. Enjoy the current years, the team will change dramatically come high school

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interesting question. 8 Elite teams is about 192 players. Looking at the last couple years of recruits on IL it's about 120 kids from DMV going D1. From 7th grade to 10th/11th grade I would estimate 50% roster turnover. Allowing for some recruits to come from non HoCo elite teams, my guess would be about 25%.
I would say this is about spot on… little Johnny who dominated in 4th grade is at serious risk of not becoming “big Johnny” if puberty is not kind to the lad. Strong, fast athletes on AA teams will figure out the stick work, and they will take a lot of those spots in 9th grade and beyond

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would say this is about spot on… little Johnny who dominated in 4th grade is at serious risk of not becoming “big Johnny” if puberty is not kind to the lad. Strong, fast athletes on AA teams will figure out the stick work, and they will take a lot of those spots in 9th grade and beyond

While I largely agree with the puberty comments, I’d also add that many of these top kids in 7th grade will go on to pursue other sports or drop sports all together.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While I largely agree with the puberty comments, I’d also add that many of these top kids in 7th grade will go on to pursue other sports or drop sports all together.

I'd also add that in most age groups the difference between the top of the Elite division and bottom of the Elite division is pretty large. While each team may average 4 or 5 legit prospects, the top teams may have 5-10 and the bottom will probably be 1 or 2 tops. Pretty similar to the number of prospects coming from the top of the MIAA vs the bottom.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'd also add that in most age groups the difference between the top of the Elite division and bottom of the Elite division is pretty large. While each team may average 4 or 5 legit prospects, the top teams may have 5-10 and the bottom will probably be 1 or 2 tops. Pretty similar to the number of prospects coming from the top of the MIAA vs the bottom.

To your point, if you look at lax showcases and combines boasting 40yd dash times for 11th graders, the "fastest" are in the 4.71 range.

The immediate response is always "they don't have the best prospects" but in reality if your son is running closer to a 4.5, he's looking at track, football, or soccer options which are all waaaaay more plentiful than lax, and generally at the same schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To your point, if you look at lax showcases and combines boasting 40yd dash times for 11th graders, the "fastest" are in the 4.71 range.

The immediate response is always "they don't have the best prospects" but in reality if your son is running closer to a 4.5, he's looking at track, football, or soccer options which are all waaaaay more plentiful than lax, and generally at the same schools.

Please keep that to yourself. We would like to think that we have some of the best athlete's playing lacrosse. But the reality is that we have mainly decent athletes and the occasionally good one but very rarely the exceptional one. As someone once said, we need some sport for the 5 ft 10 white guy to play and shine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please keep that to yourself. We would like to think that we have some of the best athlete's playing lacrosse. But the reality is that we have mainly decent athletes and the occasionally good one but very rarely the exceptional one. As someone once said, we need some sport for the 5 ft 10 white guy to play and shine.

I mean there's some truth to it....

Your HS son's team absolutely includes:

The 6'3" defenseman who isn't big enough to play D Line at college football.
The 5'9" all star FOGO who is only a 1 star wrestler
The "shifty attackman" who's the slowest soccer player on his HS team.

I think this adds to the shock/anger when the lax late bloomers start showing up on the radar in 9th-11th grade. "Club Team: Weight Room."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Happened to see Preds 2029 team practicing last week and they definitely have a lot of new faces and upgraded talent on the field. Looked like they now have two 2029 teams. Preds is on the rise!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Happened to see Preds 2029 team practicing last week and they definitely have a lot of new faces and upgraded talent on the field. Looked like they now have two 2029 teams. Preds is on the rise!!!

Hahaha.... Preds Dad reappears after a few months of regaling his friends about how his kid is playing for an elite team now...

Get ready for a big shock at the Next Level Invitational, Preds Dad... Better hope you don't draw NL, FCA, or True Chesapeake or even, frankly, Crabs/LTLC....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For being such a Preds fan, one would think that you would/should have known that there were two teams this summer before tryouts when the True Baltimore Black team moved over to become their second team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For being such a Preds fan, one would think that you would/should have known that there were two teams this summer before tryouts when the True Baltimore Black team moved over to become their second team?
Preds have dedicated coaches at the 2029 level, not so much at the 2028 team. They don't even practice on Sunday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hahaha.... Preds Dad reappears after a few months of regaling his friends about how his kid is playing for an elite team now...

Get ready for a big shock at the Next Level Invitational, Preds Dad... Better hope you don't draw NL, FCA, or True Chesapeake or even, frankly, Crabs/LTLC....

Lets hope we do. Someone is jealous. Preds are on the rise, get used to it ! Talk of Baltimore

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks 2029 would be better with the st Mary’s kids. To much daddy ball

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lets hope we do. Someone is jealous. Preds are on the rise, get used to it ! Talk of Baltimore

This won’t age well, count on it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You sound ridiculous.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You sound ridiculous.

Here we go! A 7th grade dad who has it all planned out. Gee none of us have seen that before.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“Definitely a Rebels Black mom who knows their son would never make another team without Dad coaching. That cult will be your downfall lol.“

This is such a poor take

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“Definitely a Rebels Black mom who knows their son would never make another team without Dad coaching. That cult will be your downfall lol.“

This is such a poor take

Who the heck are the Rebels?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw True C scrimmaging LTLC last weekend while at Red Hots training. Some good talent over there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw True C scrimmaging LTLC last weekend while at Red Hots training. Some good talent over there.
I think quite a few of the Elite HOCO teams from last year are playing in two weeks at the Next Level tournament. Should be fun to watch! The Preds Dad has me really wanting to pay attention to how they fare.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where??? True, Ltlc or red hots

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New favorite for HOCO this year is 91.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you ok?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Preds dad don't tell me something happened and you are going back to your old team again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would actually really like to see this. They have been the punching bag for so long. Would love to see all the other
teams parents losing their minds!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would actually really like to see this. They have been the punching bag for so long. Would love to see all the other
teams parents losing their minds!!!!

The Washington Generals of 2029 Elite, but then again the Generals did have a few wins…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91MD 2029 wouldn't have a winning record in AAA - maybe they are dropping to AA?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91MD 2029 wouldn't have a winning record in AAA - maybe they are dropping to AA?
Word on the street is they will never move down from Elite so they can sell parents their kid is an elite player. Pretty painful to watch the last 4 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Word on the street is they will never move down from Elite so they can sell parents their kid is an elite player. Pretty painful to watch the last 4 years.

This is the year!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nope. True Chesapeake is making all the moves this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look who is here, Thanks Mark ! Now dont you and Austin have some snuggling to do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nope. True Chesapeake is making all the moves this year.
Hurry up and wait

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Based on what I saw at the Circuit this weekend, are you sure that wasn’t True National’s 2028 team reclassed and now playing with/as the 29 Red Hots National Team?

Like Reply Quote
Page 42 of 64 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 63 64
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard