BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,329
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 216 of 260 1 2 214 215 216 217 218 259 260
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Red hots runs out the oldest kids in the country.

Literally the oldest 2028s in the country. A bunch fall 2008 holdbacks who should be playing 2027.

But they are “number 1”

That’s how it works! Same scenario with the #1 2029 team. If teams brag about #1 on social media, they should have to list roster with birthdays for clarity so the boys get the credit (or harassment) they deserve. This forum would be appreciative

Check out Madlax Instagram today. Happy 14tn birthday to a 2028 player. In NY some of our 2028 guys aren’t 13 yet. I know there are different cutoff dates for school which is why lacrosse will eventually have to move to a birth year model. This is why Md teams bragging about their kids is laughable to us in NY. It’s comparing apples and oranges. The kids are not the same age.

Fake news. No such post.

It’s on Madlax 2028 Instagram story. So you’re wrong.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Literally the oldest 2028s in the country. A bunch fall 2008 holdbacks who should be playing 2027.

But they are “number 1”

That’s how it works! Same scenario with the #1 2029 team. If teams brag about #1 on social media, they should have to list roster with birthdays for clarity so the boys get the credit (or harassment) they deserve. This forum would be appreciative

Check out Madlax Instagram today. Happy 14tn birthday to a 2028 player. In NY some of our 2028 guys aren’t 13 yet. I know there are different cutoff dates for school which is why lacrosse will eventually have to move to a birth year model. This is why Md teams bragging about their kids is laughable to us in NY. It’s comparing apples and oranges. The kids are not the same age.

Fake news. No such post.

Not a ML parent, but even it was true, it's September. Even by the new rules that apply 2029 and younger, a player with a September 2009 bday would be on age as a 2028.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NY parents inaccurately and continuously label fall birthday kids holdbacks thus the fall 2008 kids double holdbacks.

They aren’t.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But they are “number 1”

Your kid must not play football. Mine does. He’s a 96lb running back that went up against a defensive line yesterday with the lightest kid weighing 223 and the heaviest 247 at pre game weigh in. Know how much I whined or most importantly my kid whined? None.

This has nothing to do with anything and is irrelevant to the fact presented.

And how do you know the exact weights of kids lol? Internet trolls will say anything.

What fact was presented?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NY parents inaccurately and continuously label fall birthday kids holdbacks thus the fall 2008 kids double holdbacks.

They aren’t.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But they are “number 1”

Fake news. No such post.

Not a ML parent, but even it was true, it's September. Even by the new rules that apply 2029 and younger, a player with a September 2009 bday would be on age as a 2028.

Yeah cutoff down here is Sept 1. He's an old 2028, but he's on-age if his bday is today.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just emphasizes the need to go to a birth year system.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They aren’t.

No one said anything about holdbacks but yes this kid would be a 2027 in NY. Our school cutoff is different which is why MD teams have such an advantage over NY teams in youth sports and is also why when a MD kid with a fall birthday like this holds back he essentially is playing 2 years down against NY kids. Just to be clear he is doing nothing wrong as per your school cutoff date and the current rules in travel lax but in NY he would be a 2027.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They aren’t.

No one said anything about holdbacks but yes this kid would be a 2027 in NY. Our school cutoff is different which is why MD teams have such an advantage over NY teams in youth sports and is also why when a MD kid with a fall birthday like this holds back he essentially is playing 2 years down against NY kids. Just to be clear he is doing nothing wrong as per your school cutoff date and the current rules in travel lax but in NY he would be a 2027.
Wow, HUGE difference he’d be 4 months older than your “on age” kids. Give it a rest

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They aren’t.

We know.

No one cares.

But by all means continue to post and repost this to your personal satisfaction.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, it doesn't. With birth year you still have an up to 12 month difference in age so it doesn't help anything there, and with Sept 1 you get to play with kids mostly in your grade in school

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, it doesn't. With birth year you still have an up to 12 month difference in age so it doesn't help anything there, and with Sept 1 you get to play with kids mostly in your grade in school

So you think a 12 month system is unfair but a 16 month system is fine. Ok you’re clueless. Soccer has no trouble with it at all! The point is this kid born in Sept will be playing with what should be his correct age group, 2009’s not 2010’s. If he wants to play sports with kids his age his parents should have enrolled him in school with the other 2009’s.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NY Parents: 'Our kids constantly lose vs MD kids because there is a 3 month age difference and that's not fair. Waaaahhh!'

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are we done with holdbacks at this age group? No one repeats 9th grade, right? Are most athletic holdbacks ones who repeat 8th and/or are pre-k holdbacks?

A few hard head parents will have their 2028 boys repeat 8th after this year, but that's it. At least in the MIAA and IAC (where this whole scenario is most likely), you get only 4 years of HS sports eligibility.

On the MIAA ? FB page just this year, there was a Palotti mom with a campaign for her son because he transferred schools for 10th grade (maybe for injury recovery, I don't know....), then came back to Palotti and held back to 10th again, and they were like OK how do you want to use your remaining 2 years of eligibility? And she went bonkers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NY Parents: 'Our kids constantly lose vs MD kids because there is a 3 month age difference and that's not fair. Waaaahhh!'

I do appreciate that the 20+ million residents of Westchester-NYC-LI are able to "somehow" cobble together 3-4 teams per age group who can beat FCA and Hawks, who pull from a 2 million resident geographic pool.

But I'm skeptical of what quality clubs this NY dad is associated with, if he honestly believes that there is some kind of age based purity in NY and CT youth lax. Half the kids from CT are heldback in 8th grade (or for boarding school....or never), but play lax with the younger age group starting in 3rd grade. That means they are lying every time they click his graduation year on team/league/tournament forms. I wonder if they ever lie about other age related issues in youth sports?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But they are “number 1”

Fake news. No such post.

Instagram doesn't have stories. So there's that. Thanks for playing tho.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But they are “number 1”

Fake news. No such post.

Instagram doesn't have stories. So there's that. Thanks for playing tho.

uh.. yes it does? Have you never used instagram before?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you think a 12 month system is unfair but a 16 month system is fine. Ok you’re clueless. Soccer has no trouble with it at all! The point is this kid born in Sept will be playing with what should be his correct age group, 2009’s not 2010’s. If he wants to play sports with kids his age his parents should have enrolled him in school with the other 2009’s.

I never said it was unfair, I said that measuring age range from Sept makes more sense than measuring it from Jan because it keeps kids roughly grouped by their class in school. My son is playing on age by either standard, but he definitely has more fun playing with his classmates.

If you think a four-month age difference in the competition is what's keeping your kid from being a superstar, you're deluding yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I never said it was unfair, I said that measuring age range from Sept makes more sense than measuring it from Jan because it keeps kids roughly grouped by their class in school. My son is playing on age by either standard, but he definitely has more fun playing with his classmates.

If you think a four-month age difference in the competition is what's keeping your kid from being a superstar, you're deluding yourself.

It’s not a 4 month window it’s potentially a 16 month window. Do they teach math in Maryland?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s not a 4 month window it’s potentially a 16 month window. Do they teach math in Maryland?

You were whining about the difference between a 12 month gap and a 16 month gap. Please let me know if you need me to math that one out for you. And maybe you should consider holding your kid back a year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many 15 year olds will be playing at the circuit this fall/winter?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only tournament there won’t be is the World Series.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You were whining about the difference between a 12 month gap and a 16 month gap. Please let me know if you need me to math that one out for you. And maybe you should consider holding your kid back a year.

It’s a 16 month window and because your kid can only compete because he’s 16 months older than everyone you are for it. Trust me little Timmy won’t be able to compete in H.S. when players have matured. Maybe you should hold him back again. Can’t talk to a holdback Dad who was probably held back himself. Keep cheating though, you do you!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AMEN

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok Einstein, there will always be a minimum of 12 in an age-based. Because NY chooses to start kids as of Dec 31st (clearly the donut brain in NY who came up with this date didn’t consider that the actual school year starts around Sept 1, and maybe that would be a better breakpoint??) means they’re 4 months behind and and virtually the rest of the country. Not 16. You really are thick.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AMEN
its why they are scared to come down and play md high schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s a 16 month window and because your kid can only compete because he’s 16 months older than everyone you are for it. Trust me little Timmy won’t be able to compete in H.S. when players have matured. Maybe you should hold him back again. Can’t talk to a holdback Dad who was probably held back himself. Keep cheating though, you do you!

As I expressly wrote two posts prior, my son is on age by either standard. But good to know your reading skills are as sharp as your math skills.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As I expressly wrote two posts prior, my son is on age by either standard. But good to know your reading skills are as sharp as your math skills.

Sounds like a Madlax Daddy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because his kid is on age and he pointed out that you can't read or do math? Are those MadLax things?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Snoozer

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because his kid is on age and he pointed out that you can't read or do math? Are those MadLax things?

Yeah, NY guy just take the L and go back to your own board.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
go play hockey karen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

None. They have to be born after May 31, 2009 according to the website.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You need to read the fine print.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope Bid Dawg. From the Circuit Website:
“In the 2023-2024 Circuit (“season two”) all 2028 players who competed during season one will be grandfathered into the Circuit and we will continue with three waivers/exemptions at the 2028 age group.”

So 3 per team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

“In the 2023-2024 Circuit (“season two”) all 2028 players who competed during season one will be grandfathered into the Circuit and we will continue with three waivers/exemptions at the 2028 age group.”

So 3 per team.

And beyond that, at the December Circuit event, rostering was WIDE OPEN. Known:

1. Multiple single holdbacks on almost every team (true at all Circuit events)....though I admit, many are probably summer birthdays and "not holdbacks acc to Circuit rules"
2. 1-2 double holdbacks on most teams (true at all Circuit events)
3. An unrostered holdback from a Hoco elite team in MD, played with Red Hots 2028. Though, again, he's a summer birthday so not a "Circuit Holdback"
4. An unrostered holdback from a *2027* Maryland team (that's right, a 2026 age class), played with UNRL National.

Is the Circuit really policing any of this? Highly doubt it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So 3 per team.

1. Multiple single holdbacks on almost every team (true at all Circuit events)....though I admit, many are probably summer birthdays and "not holdbacks acc to Circuit rules"
3. An unrostered holdback from a Hoco elite team in MD, played with Red Hots 2028. Though, again, he's a summer birthday so not a "Circuit Holdback"
4. An unrostered holdback from a *2027* Maryland team (that's right, a 2026 age class), played with UNRL National.

They absolutely are not policing it. And if they are grandfathering them in they are just as bad as everyone else.

Money must really talk. These dads are pushing hard!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So 3 per team.

3 per team is a joke and everyone knows it. No one is checking like soccer with age tags. That would be to simple. Teams have multiple rosters to compete with ( Another Joke ) .

Elite Lacrosse is run by private schools who major in holding their child back. This is another exercise in doing nothing while clainmng we are solving the problem in youth sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So 3 per team.

They absolutely are not policing it. And if they are grandfathering them in they are just as bad as everyone else.

Never known Lou G to turn down money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So 3 per team.

Never known Lou G to turn down money.

Let's be real, no tourney organizer want to be known for "being the most compliant in age verification," they want to be known for having the biggest, oldest, and most dominant "dawgs" at their event. Who cares if the kid from Cali is 2+ years older than everyone else? Will look cool on social media, and kid will be a top recruit after attending our event. For example, the "MVP" from Trilogy Future Aces camp (2027-2030) was a 2027 double holdback from Virginia. Literally had a 16 year old out there running circles around 11 year olds at times.

USL and others can say whatever they want about age-based lax but as long as this kind of thing is normalized, it doesn't matter.....

Like Reply Quote
Page 216 of 260 1 2 214 215 216 217 218 259 260
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard