Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just emphasizes the need to go to a birth year system.

No, it doesn't. With birth year you still have an up to 12 month difference in age so it doesn't help anything there, and with Sept 1 you get to play with kids mostly in your grade in school

So you think a 12 month system is unfair but a 16 month system is fine. Ok you’re clueless. Soccer has no trouble with it at all! The point is this kid born in Sept will be playing with what should be his correct age group, 2009’s not 2010’s. If he wants to play sports with kids his age his parents should have enrolled him in school with the other 2009’s.

I never said it was unfair, I said that measuring age range from Sept makes more sense than measuring it from Jan because it keeps kids roughly grouped by their class in school. My son is playing on age by either standard, but he definitely has more fun playing with his classmates.

If you think a four-month age difference in the competition is what's keeping your kid from being a superstar, you're deluding yourself.

It’s not a 4 month window it’s potentially a 16 month window. Do they teach math in Maryland?

You were whining about the difference between a 12 month gap and a 16 month gap. Please let me know if you need me to math that one out for you. And maybe you should consider holding your kid back a year.

It’s a 16 month window and because your kid can only compete because he’s 16 months older than everyone you are for it. Trust me little Timmy won’t be able to compete in H.S. when players have matured. Maybe you should hold him back again. Can’t talk to a holdback Dad who was probably held back himself. Keep cheating though, you do you!

As I expressly wrote two posts prior, my son is on age by either standard. But good to know your reading skills are as sharp as your math skills.

Sounds like a Madlax Daddy