BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,305
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 215 of 260 1 2 213 214 215 216 217 259 260
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You make great points that I would totally support. Rec and township programs that are low cost are a great way to increase access. Speaking to high schools and colleges I realize there is quite a spectrum of quality of schools and students. What has been disappointing is to see a trend where 10-15 years ago you would have found a much greater representation of public school kids on every level of college roster including your top D1 teams. Today, there is a much smaller representation of public school kids on those rosters. There are many coaches who will not even look at a kids info if they are not from certain private schools (as told to me by a college coach). So there are many good players from excellent public high schools, with 4.0 GPA, and 1400+ SAT, who can’t get certain schools to even look at them. Then it becomes a community and reality only in certain communities. There is a strong myth in the lax world that only the smart and talented players are always “known” and rightfully scouted/discovered and there couldn’t possibly be any other talented players out there. I know a lot of people don’t care, but the sport could benefit from a lot more diversity of all kinds.

Coaches spend their limited time focusing on where they are most likely to find kids who can play. What coaches do in recruiting is 100% based on the environment they have to compete in and everyone of them is always trying to get an edge. Their behavior just illustrates the demographics of the recruiting landscape - it doesn't create it.

The real question is, why is most of the top lacrosse talent migrating to private schools? I have a couple theories but I think the strongest is that it is a byproduct of club lacrosse consuming rec lacrosse. It keeps becoming more expensive to continue playing lacrosse so mostly wealthier families continue through middle school and they are far more likely to choose private school. Then a feedback loop starts where the public high school programs get weaker and an experienced player will seek private school just for the competition - when otherwise the family would have been content to stay public.

I think we all agree that the course of action should be to somehow strengthen rec and town programs to keep more kids playing longer regardless of how well off the family is. An elite athlete doesn't need year round lacrosse through elementary and middle school to develop into a D1 talent. They just need continuing exposure to develop a passion and core skills. Unfortunately for every attempt there is to provide affordable options there are 2 or 3 well funded efforts to expand expensive (and profitable) options (I'm talking to you True). It will not be an easy path.
How many public school kids or kids that intend to go to public high school are on teams like Hawks, FCA, Crabs, 91, Predators? Probably 5% or less. Are the public school kids major contributors or are they just filling the roster?

Love how you threw Preds in here as a high-end team chock full of private school, D1 talent.

Why wouldnt he ? Predators are headed to be a top team in area. Will be the place to go for top MIAA players. Talk of Baltimore !

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I find it rather interesting (disingenuous?) that with September right around the corner there is suddenly "talk" of "creating a national combine" for lacrosse just as the regional events for a certain National Combine event are gearing up. Creative marketing? Generate discussion with out having to spend on advertising? From the write ups I've seen, not a top tier event for elite recruits.
Take it to the HS boards.

I find it rather interesting (disingenuous?) that with September right around the corner there is suddenly "talk" of "creating a national combine" for lacrosse just as the regional events for a certain National Combine event are gearing up. Creative marketing? Generate discussion with out having to spend on advertising? From the write ups I've seen, not a top tier event for elite recruits.
Except that the comments are in this thread, so there's that. Maybe pay attention a little closer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Except that the comments are in this thread, so there's that. Maybe pay attention a little closer.
Nobody paying attention to your post about a high school speed combine in the 13 year olds board.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You make great points that I would totally support. Rec and township programs that are low cost are a great way to increase access. Speaking to high schools and colleges I realize there is quite a spectrum of quality of schools and students. What has been disappointing is to see a trend where 10-15 years ago you would have found a much greater representation of public school kids on every level of college roster including your top D1 teams. Today, there is a much smaller representation of public school kids on those rosters. There are many coaches who will not even look at a kids info if they are not from certain private schools (as told to me by a college coach). So there are many good players from excellent public high schools, with 4.0 GPA, and 1400+ SAT, who can’t get certain schools to even look at them. Then it becomes a community and reality only in certain communities. There is a strong myth in the lax world that only the smart and talented players are always “known” and rightfully scouted/discovered and there couldn’t possibly be any other talented players out there. I know a lot of people don’t care, but the sport could benefit from a lot more diversity of all kinds.

Coaches spend their limited time focusing on where they are most likely to find kids who can play. What coaches do in recruiting is 100% based on the environment they have to compete in and everyone of them is always trying to get an edge. Their behavior just illustrates the demographics of the recruiting landscape - it doesn't create it.

The real question is, why is most of the top lacrosse talent migrating to private schools? I have a couple theories but I think the strongest is that it is a byproduct of club lacrosse consuming rec lacrosse. It keeps becoming more expensive to continue playing lacrosse so mostly wealthier families continue through middle school and they are far more likely to choose private school. Then a feedback loop starts where the public high school programs get weaker and an experienced player will seek private school just for the competition - when otherwise the family would have been content to stay public.

I think we all agree that the course of action should be to somehow strengthen rec and town programs to keep more kids playing longer regardless of how well off the family is. An elite athlete doesn't need year round lacrosse through elementary and middle school to develop into a D1 talent. They just need continuing exposure to develop a passion and core skills. Unfortunately for every attempt there is to provide affordable options there are 2 or 3 well funded efforts to expand expensive (and profitable) options (I'm talking to you True). It will not be an easy path.
How many public school kids or kids that intend to go to public high school are on teams like Hawks, FCA, Crabs, 91, Predators? Probably 5% or less. Are the public school kids major contributors or are they just filling the roster?

Love how you threw Preds in here as a high-end team chock full of private school, D1 talent.

Why wouldnt he ? Predators are headed to be a top team in area. Will be the place to go for top MIAA players. Talk of Baltimore !
Who is playing in the MD Invitational on Oct 22?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Predators are a mid team full of private school, D3 talent. They're not horrible. Or good. Like FCA White or 91MD, a decent option for mid level talent attending MIAA schools.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Predators are a mid team full of private school, D3 talent. They're not horrible. Or good. Like FCA White or 91MD, a decent option for mid level talent attending MIAA schools.

Predators are on their way to being just like Crabs, Hawks, FCA . Probably within two years, look at rise now. Talk of Baltimore

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Predators are on their way to being just like Crabs, Hawks, FCA . Probably within two years, look at rise now. Talk of Baltimore

Predators played in AA last year. Come back when they at least played in AAA. It's a bit of an overreach to lump them in with Elite teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NO they are not

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The handful of good players Preds had all left the team.

They will [Censored].

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They will [Censored].

Hardly, They picked up a couple top players along with some holdbacks coming their way. Someone's son didnt fair well with talk of Baltimore Predators. Keep Hitting the Wall. You and your sons time will come.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They will [Censored].

Hardly, They picked up a couple top players along with some holdbacks coming their way. Someone's son didnt fair well with talk of Baltimore Predators. Keep Hitting the Wall. You and your sons time will come.

LOL pass the Dutchie. They picked up players from True Baltimore and FCA White. Some real secret weapons there.

28 players on last year's roster.
18 left including 8 of 10 starters.
2 backup goalies left too.

25 TOTAL kids at day 1 of tryouts....including a bunch of kids who ended up leaving.

They had to hold a supplemental tryout, so you know nobody got cut.

Like it happens in most of youth lax, Preds had a surprisingly good early run with a decent group of kids who learned to play well together despite the adults in the room. Now with a new group of similar kids and the same adults, will they rocket to eliteness ? I mean maybe. I see them going 2-5 in AAA or 4-3 in AA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They will [Censored].

LOL pass the Dutchie. They picked up players from True Baltimore and FCA White. Some real secret weapons there.

25 TOTAL kids at day 1 of tryouts....including a bunch of kids who ended up leaving.

Like it happens in most of youth lax, Preds had a surprisingly good early run with a decent group of kids who learned to play well together despite the adults in the room. Now with a new group of similar kids and the same adults, will they rocket to eliteness ? I mean maybe. I see them going 2-5 in AAA or 4-3 in AA.
This happens to every team. Next year will be even worse right before high school. Most of Crabs will get replaced by out of state kids, FCA White will realize no one pays attention to a B team, FCA Blue will only want Calvert Hall kids, 91 will still struggle with 35 kids, and Preds will probably get new coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They will [Censored].

This happens to every team. Next year will be even worse right before high school. Most of Crabs will get replaced by out of state kids, FCA White will realize no one pays attention to a B team, FCA Blue will only want Calvert Hall kids, 91 will still struggle with 35 kids, and Preds will probably get new coaches.

Future looks bright for Baltimore Lacrosse !!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NO they are not

Guys, this was clearly trolling. I love the aggrieved reactions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Preds just need more holdbacks to contend with the top holdback teams like Hawks, Crabs and Madlax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
do teams have fall tournament schedules yet? Whose playing where?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Preds just need more holdbacks to contend with the top holdback teams like Hawks, Crabs and Madlax.
More like FCA....they are the leader at this age group!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax will likely drop to AAA, so maybe the Preds will get to measure up

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think so. I just checked out their roster and they have 24 players including at least a couple who I know are studs and probably more. yes they lost some players but they have reloaded. they always do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think so. I just checked out their roster and they have 24 players including at least a couple who I know are studs and probably more. yes they lost some players but they have reloaded. they always do.

Madlax reloaded with some holdbacks. They still have the 16 yr old so they should be pretty good!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The top half of their roster bolted. They added kids that were cut from DCE and Next Level. And some True kids. But yeah, they “reloaded.” LMAO.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CM will find some random kids from out of town to carry. Like always.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax reloaded with some holdbacks. They still have the 16 yr old so they should be pretty good!

Oh boy here we go again. FYI I believe he doesn't turn 16 until Feb. And you can't call him a fly in because obviously he comes to practices, 4 hour round trip, all the time!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty sure the 16 year old will never play with Madlax again. He’s Red Hots now, and like the 13th oldest kid on the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Red hots runs out the oldest kids in the country.

Literally the oldest 2028s in the country. A bunch fall 2008 holdbacks who should be playing 2027.

But they are “number 1”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Literally the oldest 2028s in the country. A bunch fall 2008 holdbacks who should be playing 2027.

But they are “number 1”
They have several kids who are double holdbacks, should be playing 2026. And that is a fact. From the horse’s mouth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But they are “number 1”

That’s how it works! Same scenario with the #1 2029 team. If teams brag about #1 on social media, they should have to list roster with birthdays for clarity so the boys get the credit (or harassment) they deserve. This forum would be appreciative

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predators were front and center at PLL halftime show. Player was talking with a couple of players . Predators ...Talk of Baltimore and PLL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rabil and the PLL invited the preds to boost sagging ratings and put on a lax clinic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rabil and the PLL invited the preds to boost sagging ratings and put on a lax clinic.
He was embarrassed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But they are “number 1”
They have several kids who are double holdbacks, should be playing 2026. And that is a fact. From the horse’s mouth.

Guess what, so does Nationals and Team Eighteen and 3D. Yawn.

Whoever told you this was a meritocracy, definitely lied to you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But they are “number 1”

That’s how it works! Same scenario with the #1 2029 team. If teams brag about #1 on social media, they should have to list roster with birthdays for clarity so the boys get the credit (or harassment) they deserve. This forum would be appreciative

Holdback parents put in a lot of work to make sure nobody finds out their kid is a holdback, this would never fly. So proud of their parenting decisions, that they burn energy trying to cover it up.

The funny part to me is that there are a # of west coast double holdback kids who don't even know how to play with a shot clock at the end of HS, and their parents are convinced it will all translate to a full ride at an east coast D1 school. My dude is 20 years old with a 2.9 at Rancho Cucamunga General HS but "he's gonna play at Yale." Actual quote.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But they are “number 1”

Check out Madlax Instagram today. Happy 14tn birthday to a 2028 player. In NY some of our 2028 guys aren’t 13 yet. I know there are different cutoff dates for school which is why lacrosse will eventually have to move to a birth year model. This is why Md teams bragging about their kids is laughable to us in NY. It’s comparing apples and oranges. The kids are not the same age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He was embarrassed

Ouch...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But they are “number 1”

Check out Madlax Instagram today. Happy 14tn birthday to a 2028 player. In NY some of our 2028 guys aren’t 13 yet. I know there are different cutoff dates for school which is why lacrosse will eventually have to move to a birth year model. This is why Md teams bragging about their kids is laughable to us in NY. It’s comparing apples and oranges. The kids are not the same age.

Ok, ok. You don’t want to admit your son is held back, like a lot of other northern states. Your 2 greatest attackman were how old their freshman year in high school? Did you forget?
How about the population difference? Your towns population equals our MD county population.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But they are “number 1”

Fake news. No such post.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But they are “number 1”

Your kid must not play football. Mine does. He’s a 96lb running back that went up against a defensive line yesterday with the lightest kid weighing 223 and the heaviest 247 at pre game weigh in. Know how much I whined or most importantly my kid whined? None.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are we done with holdbacks at this age group? No one repeats 9th grade, right? Are most athletic holdbacks ones who repeat 8th and/or are pre-k holdbacks?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But they are “number 1”

Your kid must not play football. Mine does. He’s a 96lb running back that went up against a defensive line yesterday with the lightest kid weighing 223 and the heaviest 247 at pre game weigh in. Know how much I whined or most importantly my kid whined? None.
I hope he just out ran them, seems simple. What’s your point? Post the picture.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But they are “number 1”

This has nothing to do with anything and is irrelevant to the fact presented.

And how do you know the exact weights of kids lol? Internet trolls will say anything.

Like Reply Quote
Page 215 of 260 1 2 213 214 215 216 217 259 260
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard