BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,819
Posts388,399
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 39 of 64 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 63 64
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can someone please translate for the rest of us what this means? Is True already planning on flying in players for HoCo next year?
Yes.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone please translate for the rest of us what this means? Is True already planning on flying in players for HoCo next year?

If they plan to try and compete in any elite division, yes.
They did it last year with the Last year with their True Chesapeake 27s. They still did not fare well in HoCo elite. Their starting roster varied greatly on a week by week basis depending on who was there. But you could tell which weeks they were shooting to try and get a win.

True has a private jet to fly 2029 players in and out of HoCo because people care that much about 7th grade lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They did it last year with the Last year with their True Chesapeake 27s. They still did not fare well in HoCo elite. Their starting roster varied greatly on a week by week basis depending on who was there. But you could tell which weeks they were shooting to try and get a win.
This is the 2029 forum. 29's didn't do it last year and no intention on doing it this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Half of the new team is fly ins apparently. Well, drive ins from another state

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shocking.......Virgina, D.C., West Virginia are just sooooo far. Hard to get a visa and through customs too.

HOCO runs a great league and, if kids in the DC metro area want/need to play at a high level, it is a great place to do it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who Madlax, NL, VLC, True Virgina????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shocking.......Virgina, D.C., West Virginia are just sooooo far. Hard to get a visa and through customs too.

HOCO runs a great league and, if kids in the DC metro area want/need to play at a high level, it is a great place to do it.

You forgot about Pennsylvania....

The Elite 2028 True team had kids from Illinois and some big kid from Las Vegas....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You forgot about Pennsylvania....

The Elite 2028 True team had kids from Illinois and some big kid from Las Vegas....
This is the 2029 forum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you suggesting True will now be accepting international fly-ins for HOcO!?!!?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is the 2029 forum. 29's didn't do it last year and no intention on doing it this year.

Maybe. But be aware. This is the same program.
And there is a huge difference between 6th grade and 8th grade elite.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I pulled my 29 off of True because of all the HOCO Fly-ins last spring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100% lie!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100% lie!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100% lie!

Easy there Coach. Are you saying there were no out of town players ? LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100% lie!

Define out of HOCO town Spanky. Annapolis? Frederick? Los Angeles? Leesburg? Waldorf? Wilmington? Exactly how far from the field is out of bounds.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100% lie!

Define out of HOCO town Spanky. Annapolis? Frederick? Los Angeles? Leesburg? Waldorf? Wilmington? Exactly how far from the field is out of bounds.

100% fly in players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100% lie!

Air dropping into this conversation....for middle school ball, with zero college coaches watching, a team should be a team. Fly-ins/drop-ins for tournaments happen at literally every level of the game, but for a defined season/league, the roster should practice together. Most coaches would agree that's a key definition of a "middle school team." Practicing together at least weekly. That is a realistic standard for a "season."

Fly-in parents on BOTC will tell you that, yes absolutely they do a 4 hour round trip to practice 3x per week in the spring, plus a 5 hour round trip on game day for 7-8 weeks. That's either not true, or really sad. Kid will spend 120+ hours in the car in 8 weeks for 8 hours of max game time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While we waste time debating flying in players for HOCO, it is cool to see that 4 teams were represented in US Club Lax "Golden 16 - Final Rankings".

#3. Hawks 2029
#4. Madlax 2029
#8. Next Level 2029
#10. FCA 2029

I can't imagine a more competitive spring league with so much talent coming from one area when you add in True Chesapeake to that list as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bring him back if he improves enough

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While we waste time debating flying in players for HOCO, it is cool to see that 4 teams were represented in US Club Lax "Golden 16 - Final Rankings".

#3. Hawks 2029
#4. Madlax 2029
#8. Next Level 2029
#10. FCA 2029

I can't imagine a more competitive spring league with so much talent coming from one area when you add in True Chesapeake to that list as well.
Completely agree. Pretty incredible!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hope your son doesn’t get stuck behind the fly-ins like half the team did last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hope your son doesn’t get stuck behind the fly-ins like half the team did last year.
This is the 2029 forum. You're off a year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#3. Hawks 2029
#4. Madlax 2029
#8. Next Level 2029
#10. FCA 2029

Agree....kudos to the incredible kids on all these teams. That's pretty amazing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Appreciate your concern but no need to worry. My son was one of the fly ins and got plenty of action. He’s old for his grade and in addition was held back. That’s not a double holdback though so it’s cool. But seriously, we’d love to have your son back if only to provide sideline support. True on 2!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#3. Hawks 2029
#4. Madlax 2029
#8. Next Level 2029
#10. FCA 2029

Holdback central. When the 13 year olds start playing 2028 next year, this list will change dramatically.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Appreciate your concern but no need to worry. My son was one of the fly ins and got plenty of action. He’s old for his grade and in addition was held back. That’s not a double holdback though so it’s cool. But seriously, we’d love to have your son back if only to provide sideline support. True on 2!

Now that is the way to compete. Competing is not for the weak. Strike First , Strike hard, No Mercy .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#3. Hawks 2029
#4. Madlax 2029
#8. Next Level 2029
#10. FCA 2029

Holdback central. When the 13 year olds start playing 2028 next year, this list will change dramatically.

HAHA... These teams were virtually untouched by age verification and in many cases, actually improved with off season additions. I guess you're gonna have to come up with a new excuse to explain to your son on why his Team 91 team gets slaughtered every week. "Those teams are cheating with older kids" aint gonna cut it this year. Maybe time to have little Johnny accept the fact that he's not that good and should give volleyball a try.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If kids are from the DMV area and switch teams I do not consider that a "Fly in". Everyone, especially at the elite level plays in Hoco, and most teams travel relatively the same distance for Tournaments (NC up to LI). It really comes down to if the kids all practice together. As long as they practice together and play together it shouldn't matter where a kid lives. I agree an actual fly in kid for a HoCo game is notIntelligent. I know families that live in MD and play for VA teams, and I know VA families that play for MD teams. So I am not sure what the big deal is. Do what's best for your kid, and what makes them happy, no one on BOTC has any idea what a certain families situation is. I'm just glad they have stopped the reclass. Kids should play with kids their own age and maturity level, especially at the MS transition years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If kids are from the DMV area and switch teams I do not consider that a "Fly in". Everyone, especially at the elite level plays in Hoco, and most teams travel relatively the same distance for Tournaments (NC up to LI). It really comes down to if the kids all practice together. As long as they practice together and play together it shouldn't matter where a kid lives. I agree an actual fly in kid for a HoCo game is notIntelligent. I know families that live in MD and play for VA teams, and I know VA families that play for MD teams. So I am not sure what the big deal is. Do what's best for your kid, and what makes them happy, no one on BOTC has any idea what a certain families situation is. I'm just glad they have stopped the reclass. Kids should play with kids their own age and maturity level, especially at the MS transition years.
Agreed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did Team 91 MD 2029 finish out after tryouts? I know they had a lot of people leaving. Did they rebuilt?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You’re not talking about flyins. Most teams around here have kids from all around the DMV. Flyins are thenones that True is flying in from Nevada, Illinois, and North Carolina.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You’re not talking about flyins. Most teams around here have kids from all around the DMV. Flyins are thenones that True is flying in from Nevada, Illinois, and North Carolina.

Wrong forum. This is 2029.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong forum. This is 2029.
Applies to all forums. A kid living in Leesburg playing for Next Level is not a flyin. You wasted 5 minutes of your life typing something that made absolutely zero sense

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s up with Hawks parents fighting on the sidelines. Funny how parents on the same team can’t get along….smh

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many players from Madlax 2029s from last season are now having to play in 2028?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s up with Hawks parents fighting on the sidelines. Funny how parents on the same team can’t get along….smh
When?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many players from Madlax 2029s from last season are now having to play in 2028?

Zero

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha, troll. You will have to do better then that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just having some fun , lighten up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Zero

C'mon now. If you're gonna brag about being 'ranked' #4 you gotta at least own up to fact that some of those holdbacks are no longer eligible. Everyone knows some former Madlax 29s are now 28s. Why not just admit how many?

Like Reply Quote
Page 39 of 64 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 63 64
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard