Originally Posted by Anonymous
If kids are from the DMV area and switch teams I do not consider that a "Fly in". Everyone, especially at the elite level plays in Hoco, and most teams travel relatively the same distance for Tournaments (NC up to LI). It really comes down to if the kids all practice together. As long as they practice together and play together it shouldn't matter where a kid lives. I agree an actual fly in kid for a HoCo game is notIntelligent. I know families that live in MD and play for VA teams, and I know VA families that play for MD teams. So I am not sure what the big deal is. Do what's best for your kid, and what makes them happy, no one on BOTC has any idea what a certain families situation is. I'm just glad they have stopped the reclass. Kids should play with kids their own age and maturity level, especially at the MS transition years.
You’re not talking about flyins. Most teams around here have kids from all around the DMV. Flyins are thenones that True is flying in from Nevada, Illinois, and North Carolina.

Wrong forum. This is 2029.
Applies to all forums. A kid living in Leesburg playing for Next Level is not a flyin. You wasted 5 minutes of your life typing something that made absolutely zero sense