BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,369
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 38 of 64 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 63 64
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did true chesapeake just cut kids and fill them in with kids from Virginia? Seems strange. Why wouldn’t they recruit from MD teams. True Nova? Is that a team or is that True Virginia? Hard to believe the bottom VLC players make that team any good. Have you seen how they did in HOCO last year.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Talked to a VLC parent. All top kids left and went to True Ches. Rest went to True Nova. Don't sleep on True Nova improving and moving to AAA, heard they have solid coaching. VLC blew up cause directors pissed off all the parents. 28/29/30's are all a mess.

Didn't True Chesapeake implode about 3 weeks ago at 2028, 2027, and 2026?

Good luck with that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw the most ridiculous thing. On the national instagram a 29 dad posted a picture of him and his son getting on a chartered/ private Olán to fly to Baltimore to do a mini camp. Really? And to post it? with.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Talked to a VLC parent. All top kids left and went to True Ches. Rest went to True Nova. Don't sleep on True Nova improving and moving to AAA, heard they have solid coaching. VLC blew up cause directors pissed off all the parents. 28/29/30's are all a mess.

Good luck with that.

True is a combo trainwreck with a heaping of a Dumpster Fire. No matter what the directors come on here and say, Hi There True ! , They have imploded already.

They are what is wrong with youth sports, spinning false hopes on young people while profiting off their false dreams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck with that.

True is a combo trainwreck with a heaping of a Dumpster Fire. No matter what the directors come on here and say, Hi There True ! , They have imploded already.

They are what is wrong with youth sports, spinning false hopes on young people while profiting off their false dreams.

I can't speak to the older age groups but for the 2029's and 30's they are in great shape. It comes down to the coaches and the parents creating the right culture to learn and grow. They have had consistent coaching at the 2029's and the players have improved and developed every year. At the end of the day that's all you can really hope for is that your kid is improving and getting the right coaching for their age. Now, if those coaches were to move to a different club I'm sure players would follow but that's normal for any team.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So they’re taking their toys and going to JD’s sandbox in Glen Burnie. This will end well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
VLc has only 8 reclasses but I think they should do pretty well this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

8? Good Lord

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did true chesapeake just cut kids and fill them in with kids from Virginia? Seems strange. Why wouldn’t they recruit from MD teams. True Nova? Is that a team or is that True Virginia? Hard to believe the bottom VLC players make that team any good. Have you seen how they did in HOCO last year.

Yes. True NOVA is being rebranded to cover an entire True VA state team (similar to what True does in NC). True VA is covering the entire state as it expands (whether that makes sense or not is another story).

True Virginia/NOVA won the AA championship this spring. Many of True NOVA's best players on the 2023 spring team were on True Baltimore's 2022 combo team that won A in 2022. True NOVA was moving up regardless of whether VLC kids came over or not. Though True NOVA lost 2 of their best players - military kids and their parents were transferred out of DC area and won't be on the team next year. It will be interesting how much back fill they got and how it improves or not. I know most of the back half of the True NOVA roster was moved down to a Green team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like the Elite Division is set then..........early rankings based on new additions, etc. from what has been shared.

1. Hawks
2. Next Level
3. True Chesapeake
4. Madlax
5. FCA
6. Crabs
7. Predators
8. Team 91

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. True NOVA is being rebranded to cover an entire True VA state team (similar to what True does in NC). True VA is covering the entire state as it expands (whether that makes sense or not is another story).

True Virginia/NOVA won the AA championship this spring. Many of True NOVA's best players on the 2023 spring team were on True Baltimore's 2022 combo team that won A in 2022. True NOVA was moving up regardless of whether VLC kids came over or not. Though True NOVA lost 2 of their best players - military kids and their parents were transferred out of DC area and won't be on the team next year. It will be interesting how much back fill they got and how it improves or not. I know most of the back half of the True NOVA roster was moved down to a Green team.

And the price only went up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Backfill rumor is kids coming from VLC, TC and Hammers - suspect about equal talent as was moved down with a push to break up programs in the Loudon area as True VA starts its program there this winter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have no clue what you are talking about - there are/were zero reclasses on VLC, with the exception of the several boys who were playing up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like the Elite Division is set then..........early rankings based on new additions, etc. from what has been shared.

1. Hawks
2. Next Level
3. True Chesapeake
4. Madlax
5. FCA
6. Crabs
7. Predators
8. Team 91

I think the 8 teams are probably finalized now for sure. I agree that True Chesapeake has moved up, might even challenge for #2. Curious to see if Madlax picked up any new players as they seemed to be trending down as the summer went on. Also curious to see if FCA (Attack / Goalie) and Crabs (Midfield / Goalie) lost more impactful players or gained players as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Backfill rumor is kids coming from VLC, TC and Hammers - suspect about equal talent as was moved down with a push to break up programs in the Loudon area as True VA starts its program there this winter.

That is the certainly the question and I wouldn't shock me that that was part of the thought process on the team.

The strength of the team was in the d-poles slowing teams down - they were pretty long and athletic. Clearing was an issue sometimes and it resulted in them playing a lot of defense. That will likely be an issue moving forward.

Only 1 attackman is coming back from last year's team. The other attackman that played lefty attack but wasn't a lefty just quick is gone is one of the kids moving away. After that all the rest of the attackman didn't get Black invites. It will be interesting to see who ends up there - rumors are that one of the TC kids will fill that position and he is coming down from the TC 28 team. TC doesn't have a 29 team (at least they didn't).

1st middies were big and athletic. The other kid moving away was a good second face-off guy (came over from the Cavs portion of VLC - the elite team). The issue for the middies after those 3 kids was depth.

The first 10 or so kids from True NOVA could likely play with just about anyone not in the top 25, but unfortunately, the rest of the team couldn't - more likely a low end A or B level HOCO team. The rest of the team was small. Most of those kids are now on the green team. I think only 9 kids remain from last years team. There was talk if the kids from VLC that went to Chesapeake had gone to True NOVA they would have likely played in the Elite division. Whether they had success or not would be another story.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Hawks
2. Next Level
3. True Chesapeake
4. Madlax
5. FCA
6. Crabs
7. Predators
8. Team 91

I think the 8 teams are probably finalized now for sure. I agree that True Chesapeake has moved up, might even challenge for #2. Curious to see if Madlax picked up any new players as they seemed to be trending down as the summer went on. Also curious to see if FCA (Attack / Goalie) and Crabs (Midfield / Goalie) lost more impactful players or gained players as well.
FCA lost there Goalie

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you are saying that by combining the #39 and #40 teams that had a combined 5 - 9 record with one of the teams having half of its team from out of the area you somehow have a team that is better than 4 teams in the top 5?!? You are certainly setting your boys up for a let down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kind of reminds me of when the True NOVA 2028s played illegally all season with True Baltimore in 2021 and got sent home (6 kids) on a roster check in the semi finals lol. Officials missed the roster check all spring on the 2027 True goalie playing for the 2028 team on the same days. Definitely an organization where I want to spend my money. Kids' best interests are obvs a priority.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Hawks
2. Next Level
3. True Chesapeake
4. Madlax
5. FCA
6. Crabs
7. Predators
8. Team 91

FCA lost there Goalie

FCA's #1 goalie on last year's top 5-nationally ranked 2028 team is a 2029 - and is coming back to his true age group. Great kid. FCA improved at the goalie position for sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you are saying that by combining the #39 and #40 teams that had a combined 5 - 9 record with one of the teams having half of its team from out of the area you somehow have a team that is better than 4 teams in the top 5?!? You are certainly setting your boys up for a let down.

Yes, Subtraction by Addition .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is entering the World Series this year? Don’t give me the excuses. When you watch the kids there every year you can see it’s a great tournament and the kids love it! Come on Maryland, put an on age real travel team in the tournament. No “Team Maryland” nonsense, put your name on it. Crabs, Hawks etc!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is entering the World Series this year? Don’t give me the excuses. When you watch the kids there every year you can see it’s a great tournament and the kids love it! Come on Maryland, put an on age real travel team in the tournament. No “Team Maryland” nonsense, put your name on it. Crabs, Hawks etc!!!
True will have a team there. Not sure about the other programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Hawks
2. Next Level
3. True Chesapeake
4. Madlax
5. FCA
6. Crabs
7. Predators
8. Team 91

FCA lost there Goalie

FCA's #1 goalie on last year's top 5-nationally ranked 2028 team is a 2029 - and is coming back to his true age group. Great kid. FCA improved at the goalie position for sure.
We miss the Madlax parents boasting about how great they are… where’d the dude with the Lulu shorts? Come on, that was great chum in the water

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL. True will be the best kids pulled from all of their teams . Easy to put their name on it when they own so many clubs and pool of players to choose from.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Hawks
2. Next Level
3. True Chesapeake
4. Madlax
5. FCA
6. Crabs
7. Predators
8. Team 91

Let’s see who the Real Elite team is, battle it out in the World Series!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will WSYL adopt the NLF / US Lacrosse age guidelines? Many summer birthday 29s are going to miss out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are no more holdbacks in the 29 division and below. So what excuses will Long Island parents use now when their kids lose to better teams? The best MD clubs play in HoCo, which conflicts with YLWS money grab qualifiers. If they revived the old WSYL top MD clubs would enter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are no more holdbacks in the 29 division and below. So what excuses will Long Island parents use now when their kids lose to better teams? The best MD clubs play in HoCo, which conflicts with YLWS money grab qualifiers. If they revived the old WSYL top MD clubs would enter.

HoCo has adjusted schedules for True to play in the YLWS so if the big boys make the request they will definitely work with them. I think the biggest impediment is just cost - YLWS is another $1k+ per family. MD teams can already play really great schedules with only one tournament requiring hotel stays.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL. True will be the best kids pulled from all of their teams . Easy to put their name on it when they own so many clubs and pool of players to choose from.

I think it's any kid born before September 1, 2010 and within 100 miles of the Moose Athletic Facility can tryout for the WS team with True. It's a pretty amazing experience for the kids. The WSLC puts on a great event. Kids get to attend a banquet all dressed up with their teams and exchange pins with other teams from around the country. It definitely adds more time, money, and effort in a busy lacrosse season. Worth considering. Only comes around once in a players lifetime.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think it's any kid born before September 1, 2010 and within 100 miles of the Moose Athletic Facility can tryout for the WS team with True. It's a pretty amazing experience for the kids. The WSLC puts on a great event. Kids get to attend a banquet all dressed up with their teams and exchange pins with other teams from around the country. It definitely adds more time, money, and effort in a busy lacrosse season. Worth considering. Only comes around once in a players lifetime.

Fixed this for you:
born AFTER September 1, 2010 and within 100 miles of the Moose Athletic Facility can tryout for the WS team with True.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HoCo has adjusted schedules for True to play in the YLWS so if the big boys make the request they will definitely work with them. I think the biggest impediment is just cost - YLWS is another $1k+ per family. MD teams can already play really great schedules with only one tournament requiring hotel stays.

I totally get that. Would love to see the World Series back on the East Coast in Maryland, Delaware or Long Island. No flights needed then for the top teams and would make for a great tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True C 29's added 3 or 4 National team kids from VLC, that lefty #4 being one of them. Their Attack is going to be sick.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will WSYL adopt the NLF / US Lacrosse age guidelines? Many summer birthday 29s are going to miss out.

Hope not. Where I’m from summer birthdays are in the grade above. Sep 1 is the date we use for school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry, but the WSLC isn't some amazing tournament: It is a bunch of rich kids whose parents pay to play. Glad the kids get to dress up and trade pins. But other than that, it's no better than NLF or NAL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True C 29's added 3 or 4 National team kids from VLC, that lefty #4 being one of them. Their Attack is going to be sick.
Oh please, those kids didn’t see the field in the couple games that mattered. How many different teams does this make? A lot of wasted drive time in the future. Fly ins have already been contacted and are on the roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry, but the WSLC isn't some amazing tournament: It is a bunch of rich kids whose parents pay to play. Glad the kids get to dress up and trade pins. But other than that, it's no better than NLF or NAL.

My older son has played in them all - WSLC is by far his favorite. Sample size of 1 though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone please translate for the rest of us what this means? Is True already planning on flying in players for HoCo next year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh please, those kids didn’t see the field in the couple games that mattered. How many different teams does this make? A lot of wasted drive time in the future. Fly ins have already been contacted and are on the roster.

You have bad information. The proof will be in the playing. This is about kids just starting or about to start puberty, not the pro leagues.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My older son has played in them all - WSLC is by far his favorite. Sample size of 1 though.

Same for my older son as well. Sample size of two now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone please translate for the rest of us what this means? Is True already planning on flying in players for HoCo next year?

If they plan to try and compete in any elite division, yes.
They did it last year with the Last year with their True Chesapeake 27s. They still did not fare well in HoCo elite. Their starting roster varied greatly on a week by week basis depending on who was there. But you could tell which weeks they were shooting to try and get a win.

Like Reply Quote
Page 38 of 64 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 63 64
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard