Originally Posted by Anonymous
Backfill rumor is kids coming from VLC, TC and Hammers - suspect about equal talent as was moved down with a push to break up programs in the Loudon area as True VA starts its program there this winter.

That is the certainly the question and I wouldn't shock me that that was part of the thought process on the team.

The strength of the team was in the d-poles slowing teams down - they were pretty long and athletic. Clearing was an issue sometimes and it resulted in them playing a lot of defense. That will likely be an issue moving forward.

Only 1 attackman is coming back from last year's team. The other attackman that played lefty attack but wasn't a lefty just quick is gone is one of the kids moving away. After that all the rest of the attackman didn't get Black invites. It will be interesting to see who ends up there - rumors are that one of the TC kids will fill that position and he is coming down from the TC 28 team. TC doesn't have a 29 team (at least they didn't).

1st middies were big and athletic. The other kid moving away was a good second face-off guy (came over from the Cavs portion of VLC - the elite team). The issue for the middies after those 3 kids was depth.

The first 10 or so kids from True NOVA could likely play with just about anyone not in the top 25, but unfortunately, the rest of the team couldn't - more likely a low end A or B level HOCO team. The rest of the team was small. Most of those kids are now on the green team. I think only 9 kids remain from last years team. There was talk if the kids from VLC that went to Chesapeake had gone to True NOVA they would have likely played in the Elite division. Whether they had success or not would be another story.