BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,321
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 210 of 260 1 2 208 209 210 211 212 259 260
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
That was in reference to him staying at his school not ML.
Ummm, no— he posted that he’s staying at Madlax, like we care

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ML misinterpreted the post that it was in reference to them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong. It was referring to him staying at his school STAB. They were looking at other schools for him to go to for High School but once ML announced they are " partnering" up with the new STAB coach he announced he was staying at STAB.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are kids really announcing where they are going to HS on instagram?

I'm embarrassed for him. Real life is going to set it hard for him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I thought we are not supposed to be singling out individual players. What is the benefit of the above post to this community other than a cheap shot at a visible player?

Admin, If you you are going to continue allowing derogatory comments about minors, at least request that the poster behind those, identifies as something other than anonymous.

Thanks,

FYI: https://www.backofthecage.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/boardrules/v/1.html

Last edited by JimSection1; . Reason: informational purposes
Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We know you are bitter junior isn’t starting anymore after claiming he was “best in the land” while in 4th grade, but try to be civil.

It’s ok, hawks are the new Madlax.

Exactly, we should discuss the Hawks dad who proclaimed his own son was "best in the land" in 6th grade lol. Would love an update on how that's going (just kidding, we already know).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OK Public School Dad. Lots of the DC and MD boys from Elite down to HoCo B will be - and should be - proud of where their hard work was able to get them admitted. Some of these schools admit less than 20% for 9th grade, some admit *double digits* of new students, only 1/3 or 1/2 of whom even play lax. In Maryland particularly, the school affiliation tracks with the boys through their early careers....if not longer.

If your son managed to rock a 3.8 through 8th grade and play 3 sports and survive the admissions interviews and write a coherent essay, then I'm proud of him, even if he costs my son a spot. Sure, a few sons-of-donors and other kids will squeak in, but generally it's a rare piece of modern meritocracy.

If you land in a good HS (including publics with an admissions process), good job parents and good job kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong. It was referring to him staying at his school STAB. They were looking at other schools for him to go to for High School but once ML announced they are " partnering" up with the new STAB coach he announced he was staying at STAB.
Wrong again. He posted it midway through Naptown event as an effort to keep Madlax together. Had absolutely no reference to STAB. He has taken down the post, but it’s out there somewhere. He made a misstep, now he’s backtracking

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OK Public School Dad. Lots of the DC and MD boys from Elite down to HoCo B will be - and should be - proud of where their hard work was able to get them admitted. Some of these schools admit less than 20% for 9th grade, some admit *double digits* of new students, only 1/3 or 1/2 of whom even play lax. In Maryland particularly, the school affiliation tracks with the boys through their early careers....if not longer.

If your son managed to rock a 3.8 through 8th grade and play 3 sports and survive the admissions interviews and write a coherent essay, then I'm proud of him, even if he costs my son a spot. Sure, a few sons-of-donors and other kids will squeak in, but generally it's a rare piece of modern meritocracy.

If you land in a good HS (including publics with an admissions process), good job parents and good job kid.
Haaaa whatever

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haaaa whatever

I guess I am lesser of a Dad since my kid is going to Public School...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice dissertation on public vs private. Very enlightening. BTW I’m guessing everyone on this board has a kid playing elite and going to a private Miaa or IAC school.

Why so sensitive?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haaaa whatever

Not lesser of a Dad, but definitely a millennial dad if you're that easily triggered by other people getting a compliment and you don't get one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haaaa whatever

You boys need a serious amount of validation, wow.

BOTC logic: parade out every 12 year old youth team for every random tournament victory that will be forgotten just months from now, and absolutely beat each tourney victory into the ground............. but absolutely don't talk positively about kids succeeding academically, which is an absolute essential for "the next level" of lacrosse anyway.

And if you're a typical public school lax dad, statistically you probably already won anyway. You're probably in one of the best school districts in the country, in a $600K - $990K house (a slightly better long term investment than sending 2 kids to private school), and your kids are on a college track. Out of spite, I'm still not going to say congratulations, because you're a grown up and you shouldn't need it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haaaa whatever

Not lesser of a Dad, but definitely a millennial dad if you're that easily triggered by other people getting a compliment and you don't get one.

Agree with this... Now Get Off My Lawn!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haaaa whatever

You boys need a serious amount of validation, wow.

BOTC logic: parade out every 12 year old youth team for every random tournament victory that will be forgotten just months from now, and absolutely beat each tourney victory into the ground............. but absolutely don't talk positively about kids succeeding academically, which is an absolute essential for "the next level" of lacrosse anyway.

And if you're a typical public school lax dad, statistically you probably already won anyway. You're probably in one of the best school districts in the country, in a $600K - $990K house (a slightly better long term investment than sending 2 kids to private school), and your kids are on a college track. Out of spite, I'm still not going to say congratulations, because you're a grown up and you shouldn't need it.

"What you're fighting about is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever seen. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can’t follow any of this...

Somebody comments that it’s funny that kids are so full of themselves that they need to announce to the world where they are going to HS. (I agree and I went to a private, humility is a good thing in some circles)

Somebody else then writes a book about public vs private (not sure how that’s at all relevant)

Then somebody makes fun of public school dads, huh?

Then somebody starts talking about house values and public school districts.

This is nuts even for BOTC

Can we just get back to talking about the demise of MadLax?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Goalie and D Pole looking for a team......any openings?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax! They are down to around 10 players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can’t follow any of this...

Somebody comments that it’s funny that kids are so full of themselves that they need to announce to the world where they are going to HS. (I agree and I went to a private, humility is a good thing in some circles)

Somebody else then writes a book about public vs private (not sure how that’s at all relevant)

Then somebody makes fun of public school dads, huh?

Then somebody starts talking about house values and public school districts.

This is nuts even for BOTC

Can we just get back to talking about the demise of MadLax?

Madlax is indeed a sad story. I know that the coach/owner brought it on himself with his behavior over the years, but I will say in his defense, that everyone always hears the bad stuff about the clubs and owners, and sometime not always the fool entitled behavior of the families. I'm sure there was plenty of stuff in both directions. I do hope that the kids land on new teams and better environments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait, fool goalie dad is this you? Are you going to join a team and then immediately insult every other player there and make unsubstantiated claims of greatness?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are always openings. If the goalie or pole is amazing at elite, then every team has a spot.

If you’re looking for a team in need, now is kind of a bad time since tryouts just happened.

Where are they located? DC, Baltimore or Anne Arundel ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait, fool goalie dad is this you? Are you going to join a team and then immediately insult every other player there and make unsubstantiated claims of greatness?
It could be!! He landed in the perfect spot, Madlax. Enjoy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what area? Division? If you are willing or in the Towson area I know there is an opening. Very well coached double AA program

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it still ‘daddy ball’ if the dad coach played lacrosse at the highest level and the son is top 3 at his position? Trying to understand…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone need a fogo?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax dismantled? What happened to all their fly-ins? I have hard time believing CM would allow this to happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As of now there are at least 4 definite -maybe 5 but can’t confirm - non local kids on their roster - so fly in game is strong. Also rest assured, one way or another, ML will be fine. CM will keep collecting checks but also it’s another place for kids to play. Maybe not a positive place but a place and that’s important.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax dismantled? What happened to all their fly-ins? I have hard time believing CM would allow this to happen.
Not the sharpest knife in the drawer. His little fiefdom is unraveling

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As of now there are at least 4 definite -maybe 5 but can’t confirm - non local kids on their roster - so fly in game is strong. Also rest assured, one way or another, ML will be fine. CM will keep collecting checks but also it’s another place for kids to play. Maybe not a positive place but a place and that’s important.
Until they don’t.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hearing Preds need both

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
>> Does anyone need a fogo?

FCA does but they need to be very good and play in the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait the FCA fogo was the best in the biz - did he leave??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think FCA already has 2 fogos and a defenseman that can do it in a pinch too.
I think your best bet at this late a date, if you're looking to get reps and play as high a level as possible, is Blue Claws or Annapolis Hawks Black.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The FCA backup (very good) fogo went to 91. Not sure if they added another in tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The FCA backup (very good) fogo went to 91. Not sure if they added another in tryouts.
So who did FCA actually add with value? Seems like they lost players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it still ‘daddy ball’ if the dad coach played lacrosse at the highest level and the son is top 3 at his position? Trying to understand…

I don't know what team you are referring to, but the answer to your question is absolutely yes. many teams run their offense through one or two players at the expense of the development of everyone else. that is never good, but especially infuriating when nepotism is part of the equation. and, often star players are selfish and the coach needs to pull them out of the game or otherwise modify their style of play. it is impossible for a daddy coach to do that objectively.
the last thing I would want is for my son to be on a team where the superstar happens to be the coaches' son.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 could be legit this year. Despite some really, really obnoxious parents. Some good athletes on that team, just lacking skill at some positions but that will come…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't know what team you are referring to, but the answer to your question is absolutely yes. many teams run their offense through one or two players at the expense of the development of everyone else. that is never good, but especially infuriating when nepotism is part of the equation. and, often star players are selfish and the coach needs to pull them out of the game or otherwise modify their style of play. it is impossible for a daddy coach to do that objectively.
the last thing I would want is for my son to be on a team where the superstar happens to be the coaches' son.
Crabs picked up a bunch of selfish players.....should be interesting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wasn’t referring to any specific team - I just discovered this forum so did some back reading and wanted to make sure I understood the term bc it’s said a lot. So daddy ball is just any team with a dad coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As opposed to a style of play I mean.

Like Reply Quote
Page 210 of 260 1 2 208 209 210 211 212 259 260
Quick Reply