BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,300
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 56 of 81 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 80 81
Re: MD Girls 2028
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some other 2024 teams ranked between 15-30.

Aim - 13 uncommitted
Dewlax - 13 uncommitted
LI Liberty - 11 uncommitted
Mad dog - 11 uncommitted
Cav lax - 13 uncommitted

The top 5 2024 teams - 10 uncommitted for all 5 teams

The #1 2024 team M&D has every kid recruited and 3 quarters to top 25 but only 8-12 were very highly sought after and will play key roles in college. For the weaker teams, 1-2 kids (maybe closer to 2-3 kids) per team will be highly sought after and play key roles on their respective college teams unless they decide to go to weaker D1 programs.

It makes a difference to how many players are being watched, the caliber of player, the opportunities on the field and the Maryland teams will lose their dominance over the next few years. The weaker Maryland teams won’t draw impactful players and will slip significantly in rankings as they stagnate with the players they currently have.

Capital Blue will be one of those teams catching weaker Maryland teams.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not every girl on 24 black is committed and a handful of committed girls are committed to lesser ranked D1 schools or new programs - which unlike you I don't think is bad but they're not all going to top programs

But look at heros 24's. There's still girls on that team
uncommitted. If heros M&D and skywalkers have say 70 roster spots on their "A" teams where should all the other girls who want to play lax go? Or should they just quit since they're "not even in the conversation" ?? you have to be an M&D of Coppermine parent. And by the way - if you're a coppermine parent I would be posting commitment numbers cause their vaunted 28's will have 4 highly recruited middies- maybe 5. The rest will committ to places you keep sticking your nose up to

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Aim - 13 uncommitted
Dewlax - 13 uncommitted
Mad dog - 11 uncommitted
Cav lax - 13 uncommitted

The #1 2024 team M&D has every kid recruited and 3 quarters to top 25 but only 8-12 were very highly sought after and will play key roles in college. For the weaker teams, 1-2 kids (maybe closer to 2-3 kids) per team will be highly sought after and play key roles on their respective college teams unless they decide to go to weaker D1 programs.

It makes a difference to how many players are being watched, the caliber of player, the opportunities on the field and the Maryland teams will lose their dominance over the next few years. The weaker Maryland teams won’t draw impactful players and will slip significantly in rankings as they stagnate with the players they currently have.

How are MD teams going to lose dominance while Capital gains?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The point is rankings are going to change as other states start clicking. It happens to every year. And rankings impact recruiting both positively and negatively for a lot of different reasons.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Aim - 13 uncommitted
Dewlax - 13 uncommitted
Mad dog - 11 uncommitted
Cav lax - 13 uncommitted

That's fine, but I was calling out the "1-2 players" reference in the OP. Let's not move the goal posts.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes but maybe closer to 2-3. And 50% or less on the top teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes but maybe closer to 2-3. And 50% or less on the top teams.

Yeah, wrong again.

What do you consider the "top teams", yes, being on a top-5 team prob has more D1 kids than top-20 team. What exactly is your point? Seems to me you are just trying to troll non Hero's Green and M&D clubs, with bad information. Maybe you just want to stir up drama or make people nervious for no reason?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The dominance of Maryland teams will be diminished by other states. It is impossible for Maryland to maintain 6 teams in the top 10. As this changes opportunities change too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of these teams will surprise. Clubs will great history will surprise to the upside and stay in the top tier.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
point of all of this chatter.... the original poster is clearly a dad from a specific program trying to build up where his daughter plays. No shame in that but the reality is - NO CLUE WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The dominance of Maryland teams will be diminished by other states. It is impossible for Maryland to maintain 6 teams in the top 10. As this changes opportunities change too.

I agree that it is impossible for Maryland to maintain 6 teams in the top 10. Historically it has been 3 and depending on the year it was made up of M&D, Heros, MDU, or skywalkers with an occasional outlier thrown in. Coppermine has definitely thrown a wrench into that formula taking top players that otherwise would have gone to any and all of those clubs. If the best crush players leave they could really solidify one of the others in the mix as a top contender.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]not every girl on 24 black is committed and a handful of committed girls are committed to lesser ranked D1 schools or new programs - which unlike you I don't think is bad but they're not all going to top programs

24 black has every single girl currently on their roster committed I was told. They also have approximately 17 on their red team committed. On instagram their team had announced by mid October too. I guess we will have to see if in your expert opinion they will all play or not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]not every girl on 24 black is committed and a handful of committed girls are committed to lesser ranked D1 schools or new programs - which unlike you I don't think is bad but they're not all going to top programs

24 black has every single girl currently on their roster committed I was told. They also have approximately 17 on their red team committed. On instagram their team had announced by mid October too. I guess we will have to see if in your expert opinion they will all play or not.

Sorry. Point being they will find spots for their girls! Go to M&D to get recruiting help.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unrelated to current topic, but this forum is still sleeping on Coppermine? Foolish. I am in no way affiliated with the team but have watched them play enough to know they will be the team of the 2023-24 season in the 2028 division. I will refer back to this post next summer with an I told you so.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unrelated to current topic, but this forum is still sleeping on Coppermine? Foolish. I am in no way affiliated with the team but have watched them play enough to know they will be the team of the 2023-24 season in the 2028 division. I will refer back to this post next summer with an I told you so.

LOL have you read this forum? It's 70% talking about Coppermine. New topic!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a Coppermine parent, to be clear, but I respect the team. There were a lot of Coppermine doubters/haters on this board at the start of Spring who didn't seem to believe their success in the summer and fall of '22 would be sustained, complained that they relied on 2 players, or flopped, or had negative parents, etc etc.

That said, I don't believe anyone is sleeping on a 55-3 team that only got stronger (absurdly so, at least in the midfield) through tryouts. The dialogue above is about recruiting and how long MD can hold its dominant perch on sending the most players to the top D1 programs, not about which 2028 team is the best.

Accordingly, your prediction is not really a bold one, so I don't believe I told you sos will be warranted. If a bunch of posters jump up to disagree, which is unlikely, then have a day, but I think it's been broadly accepted that the battle is for number 2.

For Coppermine, it will be interesting to see how they balance the playing time and keep their stars happy with the number of scoring opportunities and time with the ball. Culture, structure, and team play will be more challenging for them than their opponents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your prediction of the #1 team to be the #1 team? Bold

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have you been living under a rock? They were the team of the 22-23 season and only got stronger at tryouts. Everyone on this forum has said they are the strongest 28 team. Old news. Nice to talk about something different for a change.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yet so many still detest on them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Someone will pass them. It happens at every age group. New #1 at the end of every summer in older age groups.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Definitely you can see that happened with the YJ 25’s and M&D 24’s.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Someone will pass them. It happens at every age group. New #1 at the end of every summer in older age groups.

I’m not so sure about that. They may lose a game here or there, but if they stay together as a team they will remain on top. Not many teams have the top to bottom talent plus “super stars”. Many teams have one or the other but not both.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They won't be touched in '23-24. Maybe 2 years out if there is some consolidation at YJ, but not in the near to mid-term.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Definitely you can see that happened with the YJ 25’s and M&D 24’s.

Tough to compare to those teams. Won’t be another that dominates like those 2. Coaches will have to deal with fool parents and never go into a slump.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't think anyone is debating whether or not Coppermine 28s will be the best MD team in 23-24.

Bigger question is whether they will be the best team in 25-26 when it matters

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a Coppermine parent, to be clear, but I respect the team. There were a lot of Coppermine doubters/haters on this board at the start of Spring who didn't seem to believe their success in the summer and fall of '22 would be sustained, complained that they relied on 2 players, or flopped, or had negative parents, etc etc.

That said, I don't believe anyone is sleeping on a 55-3 team that only got stronger (absurdly so, at least in the midfield) through tryouts. The dialogue above is about recruiting and how long MD can hold its dominant perch on sending the most players to the top D1 programs, not about which 2028 team is the best.

Accordingly, your prediction is not really a bold one, so I don't believe I told you sos will be warranted. If a bunch of posters jump up to disagree, which is unlikely, then have a day, but I think it's been broadly accepted that the battle is for number 2.

For Coppermine, it will be interesting to see how they balance the playing time and keep their stars happy with the number of scoring opportunities and time with the ball. Culture, structure, and team play will be more challenging for them than their opponents.

You are right. Big question is will some new parents whose kids used to be stars be happy if their daughter is barely getting 6-8 minutes of playing time per game.

Also, remember as these girls get older and opposition defense gets better, there are fewer blowouts so bench time actually does down in 8th and 9th grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't think anyone is debating whether or not Coppermine 28s will be the best MD team in 23-24.

But that’s just it, it doesn’t matter if you’re the best team in 25-26. College coaches don’t need you to be on the best team. They need to see you, yes, but you don’t need to be #1 team to be seen.

What will matter is whether from now until 2025 that your your daughter gets the training, development, game experience, and confidence needed to play at the next level. And then come recruiting time it will matter whether the team will be showcasing all the girls on the team, even if it means losing a few games. Or will they prioritize the win and put all their eggs in the basket of those who they think will go to best programs for the sake of PR and boosting the clubs recruiting reputation?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But that’s just it, it doesn’t matter if you’re the best team in 25-26. College coaches don’t need you to be on the best team. They need to see you, yes, but you don’t need to be #1 team to be seen.

What will matter is whether from now until 2025 that your your daughter gets the training, development, game experience, and confidence needed to play at the next level. And then come recruiting time it will matter whether the team will be showcasing all the girls on the team, even if it means losing a few games. Or will they prioritize the win and put all their eggs in the basket of those who they think will go to best programs for the sake of PR and boosting the clubs recruiting reputation?

Winning matters to colleges too. They love watching kids make any play that helps their team win. If you know a college coach just ask them what they like more… showcases or championships. The best coaches like championships because there is accountability in a kids play. Still a spot for all on best teams but the are not getting recruited to NW just by being on that team. Coaches still want the bottom level of a top 20 club team than the top player on a lower team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They shouldn’t lose more than 2 games this upcoming season and it would be surprising if they lost at all. The superstars will carry the team while some players may turn with diminished roles. The other question is how well the coaches adjust, especially since they haven’t had to do much over the past few years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You don't need to be on the #1 team (in fact that actually turns off a few coaches) , but you do need to be on a club that plays in the top 2 or 3 brackets in the big recruiting tourneys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You don't need to be on the #1 team (in fact that actually turns off a few coaches) , but you do need to be on a club that plays in the top 2 or 3 brackets in the big recruiting tourneys.

Correct. In fact, if you are a goalie, defender, being on the top team, you may get less action and that's not ideal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The even bigger question is if they remain number one and keep number 1 level talent, will the coaches switch their style and showcase all of the players? Even if you are in the top brackets it is hard to get seen if you play 5 minutes or don’t touch the ball when you are on the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who are you trying to convince this is true ? Colleges love kids that are on top teams , play best competition and are great at filling their role.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who are you trying to convince this is true ? Colleges love kids that are on top teams , play best competition and are great at filling their role.

Right, which they can find on a lot of different clubs throughout the country.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The even bigger question is if they remain number one and keep number 1 level talent, will the coaches switch their style and showcase all of the players? Even if you are in the top brackets it is hard to get seen if you play 5 minutes or don’t touch the ball when you are on the field.

Would be hard to see all of that talent stay on the team for HS. Lots of girls would have bigger roles on other clubs and get to showcase their skills. They playing of 5 minutes will eventually cause some players to look elsewhere if they want to be seen and recruited.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would be hard to see all of that talent stay on the team for HS. Lots of girls would have bigger roles on other clubs and get to showcase their skills. They playing of 5 minutes will eventually cause some players to look elsewhere if they want to be seen and recruited.

You really don’t know how it works do you ? Kids on top teams don’t play just 5 minutes. Unless you play for slowalkers and they sit some girls whole games in non showcase tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You really don’t know how it works do you ? Kids on top teams don’t play just 5 minutes. Unless you play for slowalkers and they sit some girls whole games in non showcase tournaments.

Sounds more like you don’t know how it works. Have you ever watched a Coppermine game?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You haven’t watched a coppermine game then.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine’s parents rather have their daughters win backpacks and t-shirts than get recruited. If one of the top players were my daughters, I would be knocking the door down to leave for Hero’s, M&D or Skywalkers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine’s parents rather have their daughters win backpacks and t-shirts than get recruited. If one of the top players were my daughters, I would be knocking the door down to leave for Hero’s, M&D or Skywalkers.
You sound like a 🦠 to a team.

Like Reply Quote
Page 56 of 81 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 80 81
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard