Originally Posted by Anonymous
Unrelated to current topic, but this forum is still sleeping on Coppermine? Foolish. I am in no way affiliated with the team but have watched them play enough to know they will be the team of the 2023-24 season in the 2028 division. I will refer back to this post next summer with an I told you so.

Not a Coppermine parent, to be clear, but I respect the team. There were a lot of Coppermine doubters/haters on this board at the start of Spring who didn't seem to believe their success in the summer and fall of '22 would be sustained, complained that they relied on 2 players, or flopped, or had negative parents, etc etc.

That said, I don't believe anyone is sleeping on a 55-3 team that only got stronger (absurdly so, at least in the midfield) through tryouts. The dialogue above is about recruiting and how long MD can hold its dominant perch on sending the most players to the top D1 programs, not about which 2028 team is the best.

Accordingly, your prediction is not really a bold one, so I don't believe I told you sos will be warranted. If a bunch of posters jump up to disagree, which is unlikely, then have a day, but I think it's been broadly accepted that the battle is for number 2.

For Coppermine, it will be interesting to see how they balance the playing time and keep their stars happy with the number of scoring opportunities and time with the ball. Culture, structure, and team play will be more challenging for them than their opponents.