BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,361
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 36 of 64 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 63 64
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love you guys…except for the guy that knows that his 13 year old 6th grader (hahaha) is gonna be a superstar. Odds are you are wrong. So good luck with that homey

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is this code for “the kids playing down are back at 2028”? Or are 2029 players actually playing up?

New age rules forcing 29 holdbacks out. Will be rude awakening for them to face double holdbacks in 2028. That division has no real age restriction.

Nothing to do with that. It is the grade to do a holdback if you missed the prefirst year. Nothing stopping the flood of holdbacks. Privates could care less about being fair with age

Thanks Holdback Dad

Your welcomed , look at any Ivey, Duke, or top D1 roster. Besides some Long Island boys, the teams are loaded with private school holdbacks . D2 and D3 need players too.

Whatever helps you sleep at nigh Holdback Dad, and sorry your kid couldn’t cut it with his peers that must have been so devastating for you.

Comforting knowing that D1 is in his future . Top player at his age, Superstar player after being reclassed. Expect him to start no later than a Sophomore in MIAA. That is how many do it today. Not alone. Dont get upset with me, get upset with the process.

My son loves Lacrosse and plays for an elite team. He may not be a “superstar”, but is on age and probably playing against your kid. He will go to the college of his choice based on academics and continue playing lacrosse if he wants. Not upset at all, just a bit shocked by how delusional some are regarding youth sports. No one will give a s$&@ when he’s 24 unless his goal is to make 30k in the PLL.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, super Dad with the super son on the elite team with good grades and has his head on right too! Wish we all had it figured out just like you!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He forgot to mention he's also the coach! hahahahah

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think most of elite will stay. Not sure what kind of pull 91 has to stay or if hoco says go down. If 91 goes down Preds move up. I think Preds have improved the most of all teams with so many additions. This does not mean they will beat everyone or even come close to winning in elite. Just think odds are they seemed to have the largest pool to choose from. Enough to have 2 teams. All the other teams have improved as well with some additions. Fca lost two contributing players that where difference makers and according to the drama on the fca thread seems like they have some issues. They said they needed a pole and an fogo. LTLC lost some players including their second goalie. but more importantly their middie. They are looking to add a second goalie. True Baltimore is so uncertain who stayed who left. Lots of movement their. Based on this past season Madlax seems to be slowing down with dominance not sure about additions will they be able to keep up. My prediction.

Disclaimer- just an average dad who enjoys watching lacrosse. Probably don’t know what I am talking about. Enjoy observing. My thoughts came from talking to other parents at tournaments, this thread, and many tryouts. Wish we can just talk about lacrosse and not wine and point fingers like many of the other threads

Predictions

Hawks
Next Level

Madlax/LTLC/True C./FCA

Preds/91

Surprise of the season will be LTLC and Preds

Disappointment - will still be 91.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think most of elite will stay. Not sure what kind of pull 91 has to stay or if hoco says go down. If 91 goes down Preds move up. I think Preds have improved the most of all teams with so many additions. This does not mean they will beat everyone or even come close to winning in elite. Just think odds are they seemed to have the largest pool to choose from. Enough to have 2 teams. All the other teams have improved as well with some additions. Fca lost two contributing players that where difference makers and according to the drama on the fca thread seems like they have some issues. They said they needed a pole and an fogo. LTLC lost some players including their second goalie. but more importantly their middie. They are looking to add a second goalie. True Baltimore is so uncertain who stayed who left. Lots of movement their. Based on this past season Madlax seems to be slowing down with dominance not sure about additions will they be able to keep up. My prediction.

Disclaimer- just an average dad who enjoys watching lacrosse. Probably don’t know what I am talking about. Enjoy observing. My thoughts came from talking to other parents at tournaments, this thread, and many tryouts. Wish we can just talk about lacrosse and not wine and point fingers like many of the other threads

Predictions

Hawks
Next Level

Madlax/LTLC/True C./FCA

Preds/91

Hawks???

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HAven't seen them in any tournaments or heard anything just basing it on last season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks team could be stronger but daddy ball keeps them back. Lots of talent they missed on at tryouts. only to take daddy’s st Mary’s friends.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Predictions

Hawks
Next Level

Madlax/LTLC/True C./FCA

Preds/91

Hawks???

Hawks is the class of the Elite division. I'd go:

Hawks
ML
NL
True Chesapeake (could be higher with their VLC additions)
FCA
LTLC
VLC (are they even staying in elite?)
Preds

IMO, 91 gets dropped to 3A unless VLC moves out of elite.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks team could be stronger but daddy ball keeps them back. Lots of talent they missed on at tryouts. only to take daddy’s st Mary’s friends.

Sad but true

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow and here we go again the poster simply asked how the teams faired and look for next season. Yet again someone is upset and needs to say something notIntelligent about daddy ball or what ever it may be. So maybe you should have said Hawks had some kids come to try out but not sure if they picked the best players to make theirteam better.” It’s summer relax.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow and here we go again the poster simply asked how the teams faired and look for next season. Yet again someone is upset and needs to say something notIntelligent about daddy ball or what ever it may be. So maybe you should have said Hawks had some kids come to try out but not sure if they picked the best players to make theirteam better.” It’s summer relax.

Why would a coach not take the best kids at tryouts? What other reason can explain this accept daddy ball. Anyone close to the hawks team knows this to be true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would a coach not take the best kids at tryouts? What other reason can explain this accept daddy ball. Anyone close to the hawks team knows this to be true.

Look at the 2026 team. Same MO

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let’s rephrase the comment in another way. How does the hawks team look to fair next year in Hoco?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m guessing you’re a St. Mary’s mom, did this strike a nerve? Hit the books lady, your English is atrocious!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this code for “the kids playing down are back at 2028”? Or are 2029 players actually playing up?

New age rules forcing 29 holdbacks out. Will be rude awakening for them to face double holdbacks in 2028. That division has no real age restriction.

Nothing to do with that. It is the grade to do a holdback if you missed the prefirst year. Nothing stopping the flood of holdbacks. Privates could care less about being fair with age

Thanks Holdback Dad

Your welcomed , look at any Ivey, Duke, or top D1 roster. Besides some Long Island boys, the teams are loaded with private school holdbacks . D2 and D3 need players too.

Whatever helps you sleep at nigh Holdback Dad, and sorry your kid couldn’t cut it with his peers that must have been so devastating for you.

Comforting knowing that D1 is in his future . Top player at his age, Superstar player after being reclassed. Expect him to start no later than a Sophomore in MIAA. That is how many do it today. Not alone. Dont get upset with me, get upset with the process.

Gotcha, Superstar sixth grader that should be in 7th, that definitely projects to a no doubt D1 recruit. It’s clown show in here today.

Most elite players on top teams that are on the older side (Heldback/prefirst) will be playing elite from now on until graduation. You may not like it, but by 6/7th grade you know . Others on age will join too, but lets not kid ourselves, there is a reason these boys are top players now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love you guys…except for the guy that knows that his 13 year old 6th grader (hahaha) is gonna be a superstar. Odds are you are wrong. So good luck with that homey

Some players have it some don't. My odds are good. Guarantee on varsity in 9th grade with starting no later than 10th , possibly 9th at his MIAA school.
Keeping in real in Baltimore

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you are a kid. Pretty confident. That is great. If not you have clearly absconded with your childs youth. Good luck

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guess how many 9th graders started in the miaa last year.
It won't be your son either.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks Holdback Dad

Gotcha, Superstar sixth grader that should be in 7th, that definitely projects to a no doubt D1 recruit. It’s clown show in here today.

Most elite players on top teams that are on the older side (Heldback/prefirst) will be playing elite from now on until graduation. You may not like it, but by 6/7th grade you know . Others on age will join too, but lets not kid ourselves, there is a reason these boys are top players now.

Really? So how many of the “Elite” 29 holdback kids that had to go to 2028 teams are still going to play Elite? I suspect zero is the correct answer to this question. Because in reality most are post pubescent “superstars” playing against kids who haven’t hit puberty yet. Enjoy it while you can.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really? So how many of the “Elite” 29 holdback kids that had to go to 2028 teams are still going to play Elite? I suspect zero is the correct answer to this question. Because in reality most are post pubescent “superstars” playing against kids who haven’t hit puberty yet. Enjoy it while you can.

TRUTH!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clearly we are in the off-season. Back to the holdback chatter. Can't wait for fall ball -- panic and celebration over results from tournaments where teams show up with 14 kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Sophomore starter in the MIAA"

At MSJ.

That ain't happening on any MIAA playoff team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Predictions

Hawks
Next Level

Madlax/LTLC/True C./FCA

Preds/91

The Preds aren't a surprise. This team is dangerous.

If you haven't seen this coming for 2 years, you're blind.

Talk of the town, baby!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Talk of the town, baby!
OH MY GOD STOP POSTING ABOUT PREDS ON EVERY MARYLAND FORUM ON BACK OF THE CAGE! Irrelevant until PROVEN otherwise and you haven’t proved a thing yet!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Predictions

Hawks
Next Level

Madlax/LTLC/True C./FCA

Preds/91

Talk of the town, baby!

Hope you are right! There is a very large step jump from the AAA division to Elite. Just ask FCA. They went undefeated in AAA in 2022 and went 3-4 in Elite in 2023. It's a difficult transition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m guessing you’re a St. Mary’s mom, did this strike a nerve? Hit the books lady, your English is atrocious!!!

Uneducated St Mary’s parents

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Duplicate quote
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Predictions

Hawks
Next Level

Madlax/LTLC/True C./FCA

Preds/91

Talk of the town, baby!

Hope you are right! There is a very large step jump from the AAA division to Elite. Just ask FCA. They went undefeated in AAA in 2022 and went 3-4 in Elite in 2023. It's a difficult transition.

The Preds 2029 team is well coached by former 91 coaches and 3 straight years of pick-of-the-litter recruits from 91 as well as a few from other AAA clubs. The coaching is what separates them from the similarly talented 2028 Preds team (easily won AA and beat most AAA teams at tournaments, or at least split W/L) that somehow imploded this summer, or the 2027 Preds team that didn't quite become anything over the last 2 years despite having a solid starting lineup. Anyway the 2029 team is peaking at the right time. If Elite doesn't work out, who cares, go tear it up in AAA in 8th grade. Finish strong.

As for 91? They'll demand to stay in Elite. It's important to the brand. They'll keep pushing out youth players and replacing them with dissatisfied elite players from other clubs (no different than anybody else, really). I'd guess they've had something like 150% turnover in the last 3 years alone (blame Predators for this if you like, but it happens at every 91 team 2026-2032). By 9th grade it will be all new kids and the team will be nationally competitive, you can set a watch to it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Predictions

Hawks
Next Level

Madlax/LTLC/True C./FCA

Preds/91

Talk of the town, baby!

And both of the teams mentioned reportedly are losing key players to age verification rules, so it remains to be seen what the impact will be for these teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The coach might evaluate the players differently. IMO, a new player has to be significantly better to replace an existing player (assuming the coach is happy with the player).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Predictions

Hawks
Next Level

Madlax/LTLC/True C./FCA

Preds/91

Talk of the town, baby!

The Preds 2029 team is well coached by former 91 coaches and 3 straight years of pick-of-the-litter recruits from 91 as well as a few from other AAA clubs. The coaching is what separates them from the similarly talented 2028 Preds team (easily won AA and beat most AAA teams at tournaments, or at least split W/L) that somehow imploded this summer, or the 2027 Preds team that didn't quite become anything over the last 2 years despite having a solid starting lineup. Anyway the 2029 team is peaking at the right time. If Elite doesn't work out, who cares, go tear it up in AAA in 8th grade. Finish strong.

As for 91? They'll demand to stay in Elite. It's important to the brand. They'll keep pushing out youth players and replacing them with dissatisfied elite players from other clubs (no different than anybody else, really). I'd guess they've had something like 150% turnover in the last 3 years alone (blame Predators for this if you like, but it happens at every 91 team 2026-2032). By 9th grade it will be all new kids and the team will be nationally competitive, you can set a watch to it.

"pick of the litter from 91"?!?! What makes you think 91 has any players that are difference makers at the elite level? Their record over the past three years says otherwise. Preds lost their top 4 players to age verification and replaced them with strong AAA-level players.

Yes, they have good coaching and they have an abundance of good/not great players. I doubt that combination gets them wins at the elite level against anyone other than T91 and a very diluted VLC team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s the deal? Does Crabs have a 2029 team or not? Did that group stay at LTLC or make the switch after summer? They didn’t hold tryouts at Crabs for the age group and it’s not listed on the website.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LTLC Legends will do a hybrid year playing as Legends in regular season and a few tourneys and then Crabs in tourneys too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Predictions

Hawks
Next Level

Madlax/LTLC/True C./FCA

Preds/91

Talk of the town, baby!

"pick of the litter from 91"?!?! What makes you think 91 has any players that are difference makers at the elite level? Their record over the past three years says otherwise. Preds lost their top 4 players to age verification and replaced them with strong AAA-level players.

Yes, they have good coaching and they have an abundance of good/not great players. I doubt that combination gets them wins at the elite level against anyone other than T91 and a very diluted VLC team.

The 91 coaches pop onto BOTC with some regularity and will tell us all that they picked out the elite laxers from literal kindergarten and have been coaching them up into the elite (0-20 last year) athletes that they are, and except for the part where they're going to cut all these kids before 9th grade, about how they love to develop players into HS stars.

Oh, you mean in the real world. Yes in the real world, you are correct and below the 2025 grade, 91's players = Preds players. Not sure what advantage there is in shuffling the kids back and forth every year, but they do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of words.
Save us time with your next post and just tell us up front that your son got cut from both 91 and Preds.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Predictions

Hawks
Next Level

Madlax/LTLC/True C./FCA

Preds/91

Talk of the town, baby!

The 91 coaches pop onto BOTC with some regularity and will tell us all that they picked out the elite laxers from literal kindergarten and have been coaching them up into the elite (0-20 last year) athletes that they are, and except for the part where they're going to cut all these kids before 9th grade, about how they love to develop players into HS stars.

Oh, you mean in the real world. Yes in the real world, you are correct and below the 2025 grade, 91's players = Preds players. Not sure what advantage there is in shuffling the kids back and forth every year, but they do.

Great point... I don't see how replacing a player that is the equivalent of a 2nd or third line middie or back up attackman on Hawks with another player who with the essentially the same ability level moves Preds up in capabilities.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is correct About LTLC/CRABS. If you think about it, it makes the best sense especially for kids who are on the fence for playing club, rec, or less elite teams. This upcoming year will give these players and families a taste of what both have to offer. At the end of the season families will be able to figure out where their kid stands talent wise, financially, and the commitment involved.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please People, Stop the Press,,,There is a team of new sheriffs coming, and they are the talk of Baltimore ... and possibly the nation ,

You know them as the.......PREDATORS !!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There have been a few, and I am sure mine will be one too. Sorry guys, sometimes you just know

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please People, Stop the Press,,,There is a team of new sheriffs coming, and they are the talk of Baltimore ... and possibly the nation ,

You know them as the.......PREDATORS !!!

This will not age well. Of that I am certain.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There have been a few, and I am sure mine will be one too. Sorry guys, sometimes you just know

No chance

Like Reply Quote
Page 36 of 64 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 63 64
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard