BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,328
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 206 of 260 1 2 204 205 206 207 208 259 260
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
CM had to know this was going to happen after we forfeited at Nap town like that. Other than angry goalie dad everyone was scandalized. I’m amazed that so many of the kids stayed (nothing against them - great players great families). This whole summer was a s-show, freak outs at the refs, puzzling personnel choices, blatant daddy ball, and a maniac on the sidelines randomly screaming “ bury it” Good luck with that.
Ironically, it was the departing goalie dad who tried the hardest to keep the team together until it was obvious things would never change for the better— and he was the first to go. CM should have paid closer attention, it could have been prevented. Took a lot to break up this team…

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At first I thought this over-obsessive ML conversation was a welcome distraction from "Clippers Talk of the Town" and "Hardshells will dominate" but now it's getting old.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At first I thought this over-obsessive ML conversation was a welcome distraction from "Clippers Talk of the Town" and "Hardshells will dominate" but now it's getting old.
Yes please. Enough already. Madlax has become an average team, and now they’re diluted further.

Any new happenings at NL? They pick up any players from Madlax or BLC? Or from elsewhere?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Right. Madlax is average. DCE will be average. NL is average.

DMV lax at 2028 is about who is the least average.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually fairly accurate. Not a grade grade year for DMV

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did NL pick up any new players?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the infatuation with Madlax? If they didn’t have a good summer, who cares if half the team is leaving. Sounds like they need to clean house and these True boys will bring some grit and athleticism. If those leaving all go to the same team
Combined with even lesser talent than the 1-3 at NLF, doesn’t sound like a recipe for success.

Sorry, so your argument is that a team that went 5-2 in HOCO is losing a bunch of starters and replacing them with guys from a team that went 3-4 only with the benefit of fly-in players, and the team is now going to be better? Because grit?

good point. without the fly-ins, True Chesapeake would have gone 0-7, and lost every game pretty badly. so is MadLax getting the locals or the fly ins?

Madlax has its roster posted. They lost some good players - an attackman, 2 middies, a couple poles, former goalie. But they seem to have kept their top 3 attack, all but one of the middies that played significant minutes and kept the older one discussed on here all the time. Kept most of their poles that played. Also added several new players, presumably those are the True kids. So realistically we are looking at a lateral movement for them. I’d expect they are marginally worse next year as NL and DCE reload with new players and Hawks and FCA were already better. So something like Hawks, FCA, Crabs/NL/DCE, Madlax, and 91 is the likely order going into next season in terms of talent. I bet elite is just 7 teams unless Freedom comes down.
Your information is simply not accurate. Give it a few weeks when families are willing to make it public that they’ve left Madlax. The just got gutted.

Don't blame the PP, he is merely reporting based on the roster posted by ML on its web page. But that roster is wrong. There are at least two players listed who I know for a fact have joined other teams. MadLax will list players for a long time after they have departed in the hopes that they can sign up new players (local or fly in) who believe they still have a good team.

If you know for a fact about all these suppose departures then just say where they went. Otherwise, sounds like wishful thinking on your part. DCE got a few players off of Madlax bench. 1 or 2 went to NL. So where did all the impact players go?
Madlax is trying to recruit kids from the DC Express Orange team now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the infatuation with Madlax? If they didn’t have a good summer, who cares if half the team is leaving. Sounds like they need to clean house and these True boys will bring some grit and athleticism. If those leaving all go to the same team
Combined with even lesser talent than the 1-3 at NLF, doesn’t sound like a recipe for success.

Sorry, so your argument is that a team that went 5-2 in HOCO is losing a bunch of starters and replacing them with guys from a team that went 3-4 only with the benefit of fly-in players, and the team is now going to be better? Because grit?

good point. without the fly-ins, True Chesapeake would have gone 0-7, and lost every game pretty badly. so is MadLax getting the locals or the fly ins?

Madlax has its roster posted. They lost some good players - an attackman, 2 middies, a couple poles, former goalie. But they seem to have kept their top 3 attack, all but one of the middies that played significant minutes and kept the older one discussed on here all the time. Kept most of their poles that played. Also added several new players, presumably those are the True kids. So realistically we are looking at a lateral movement for them. I’d expect they are marginally worse next year as NL and DCE reload with new players and Hawks and FCA were already better. So something like Hawks, FCA, Crabs/NL/DCE, Madlax, and 91 is the likely order going into next season in terms of talent. I bet elite is just 7 teams unless Freedom comes down.
Your information is simply not accurate. Give it a few weeks when families are willing to make it public that they’ve left Madlax. The just got gutted.

Don't blame the PP, he is merely reporting based on the roster posted by ML on its web page. But that roster is wrong. There are at least two players listed who I know for a fact have joined other teams. MadLax will list players for a long time after they have departed in the hopes that they can sign up new players (local or fly in) who believe they still have a good team.

If you know for a fact about all these suppose departures then just say where they went. Otherwise, sounds like wishful thinking on your part. DCE got a few players off of Madlax bench. 1 or 2 went to NL. So where did all the impact players go?
Madlax is trying to recruit kids from the DC Express Orange team now.

That tracks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Calling Next Level leverage is a stretch. To end the HoCo season and into the summer they were below average to terrible.

BLC has been terrible for years. Given the DCE is a whole new org they deserve the benefit of the doubt to see what they do - but from what I’ve heard it’s largely the same kids from BLC with some others sprinkled in. Time will tell.

Sell your Madlax stock now. Sell sell sell.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m hearing from my son that there are multiple MadLax players going to DCE and to Next Level, and that they are top half of the roster. The kids usually know.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s enough Bitter Betty.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To clarify my that’s enough was to the poster who slammed all the DMV clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m hearing from my son that there are multiple MadLax players going to DCE and to Next Level, and that they are top half of the roster. The kids usually know.
It is FACT that Cabell is trying to recruit kids from the DCE Orange roster. He is desperate to find enough kids to have a team. After the departures ti DCE, he’s left with 10 kids before the True additions. So maybe 14-15 now? That’s a problem folks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also to clarify, the Bitter Betty I was referring to was the ‘calling next level average is a stretch’ and so on person.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also to clarify, the Bitter Betty I was referring to was the ‘calling next level average is a stretch’ and so on person.
Next Level was pretty bad this spring and summer… so yeah— definitely less than than average. It is what it is. If you disagree, tell me who they beat?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is FACT that Cabell is trying to recruit kids from the DCE Orange roster. He is desperate to find enough kids to have a team. After the departures ti DCE, he’s left with 10 kids before the True additions. So maybe 14-15 now? That’s a problem folks.

DC Puppies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next Level was pretty bad this spring and summer… so yeah— definitely less than than average. It is what it is. If you disagree, tell me who they beat?

NL lost 4 games in HOCO by 2 points or less and they are bad? Summer sessions were def less than stellar but less than average on either is absolutely a stretch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NL lost 4 games in HOCO by 2 points or less and they are bad? Summer sessions were def less than stellar but less than average on either is absolutely a stretch.

NL lost a lot of close games in HoCo this year to the same teams that they beat the prior year, also in close games, while winning the elite division ship. It all evens out. I’m hearing that they kept everyone on the top half of the roster, most of the bottom half, and picked up 4-5 new players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are literally describing below average performance.

A bunch of league losses and “less than stellar” summer performance.

Nothing about that is average pal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

sorry your son didn't make the team. but trust me he won't be missed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You’re describing their performance in the Elite bracket and at better events. The literal definition of average is the mean of a data set, which in HOCO would be the 4th or 5th place team in AA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

14-15 record spring and summer, and literally did not have a single quality win. Not one. And to top it all off, they lost to BLC— yeah, BLC, who has won 2/3 games over the past 2 years in HoCo. So don’t try to tell us they’re anything but average, or below. They need real help in order to improve their chances against the Elite teams in HoCo. Madlax lost a bunch of players, so they may have a leg up there, but I suspect they finish well out of the HoCo playoffs in the spring behind Hawks, FCA, DC Express, Crabs, and possibly even Madlax. Maybe they’ll find some scorers, they certainly didn’t have them this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let’s remember that the players on these teams are children. So [Censored] the clubs, owners, coaches, parents but please not the kids. They all are busting their butts out there all year long regardless of the outcome.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nothing about that is average pal.[/quote]
14-15 record spring and summer, and literally did not have a single quality win. Not one. And to top it all off, they lost to BLC— yeah, BLC, who has won 2/3 games over the past 2 years in HoCo. So don’t try to tell us they’re anything but average, or below. They need real help in order to improve their chances against the Elite teams in HoCo. Madlax lost a bunch of players, so they may have a leg up there, but I suspect they finish well out of the HoCo playoffs in the spring behind Hawks, FCA, DC Express, Crabs, and possibly even Madlax. Maybe they’ll find some scorers, they certainly didn’t have them this year.[/quote]

I guess it can be viewed that way…all of those stellar programs couldn’t beat NL by more than 2 points? And NL is a team that can’t score!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
14-15 record spring and summer, and literally did not have a single quality win. Not one. And to top it all off, they lost to BLC— yeah, BLC, who has won 2/3 games over the past 2 years in HoCo. So don’t try to tell us they’re anything but average, or below. They need real help in order to improve their chances against the Elite teams in HoCo. Madlax lost a bunch of players, so they may have a leg up there, but I suspect they finish well out of the HoCo playoffs in the spring behind Hawks, FCA, DC Express, Crabs, and possibly even Madlax. Maybe they’ll find some scorers, they certainly didn’t have them this year.[/quote]

I guess it can be viewed that way…all of those stellar programs couldn’t beat NL by more than 2 points? And NL is a team that can’t score![/quote]

I'm not going to call the team average, but winning teams find ways to win. If NL is losing so many games by so few goals then they aren't a winning a team. I think they will do better in HOCO next year, but they definitely have some work to do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let’s remember that the players on these teams are children. So [Censored] the clubs, owners, coaches, parents but please not the kids. They all are busting their butts out there all year long regardless of the outcome.

Thanks Mom, buy yourself a therapy dog go out and give your son a participation trophy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks Mom, buy yourself a therapy dog go out and give your son a participation trophy.

That's some first order toolery, friend. Your wife and kids must be so fulfilled and happy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predators now holding supplemental tryouts after half the team left for other clubs. “Talk of the town.”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You’re describing their performance in the Elite bracket and at better events. The literal definition of average is the mean of a data set, which in HOCO would be the 4th or 5th place team in AA.

Agreed but You're wasting your time. Yes, it's a fact that AA athletes in the HoCo league could play (and often beat) 90% of other lax players in the country (outside of MA, CT, NY, NJ and PA). HoCo AAA and elite teams look like nothing the rest of the country sees, aside from the Wezt Coazt Ztarz 32-state roster (I thought the West Coast was 3 states). Team Maryland, BLC Blue, all the way up to FCA Blue would put on a clinic against all but 3? 4? 2028 teams in the country (outside the DC to Boston zone). And those 3-4 teams that wouldn't be a "clinic" would still be easy wins.

Dads who haven't seen what the (lack of) talent is in other regions should stop thinking they understand what "average" is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predators now holding supplemental tryouts after half the team left for other clubs. “Talk of the town.”

What's the story. Heard that 20 of 28 kids left, and yet not one Predators parent has barked about it on BOTC. Won AA without breaking a sweat, it looks like.

No bragging.......no complaining......???

Is there some kind of legal issue? Non disclosure etc?

I mean there are like 35 new posts for every third string bench riding midfielder leaving Madlax.

For how much everybody has dunked on this club since Day 1...just...20 kids gone and nothing to say?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed but You're wasting your time. Yes, it's a fact that AA athletes in the HoCo league could play (and often beat) 90% of other lax players in the country (outside of MA, CT, NY, NJ and PA). HoCo AAA and elite teams look like nothing the rest of the country sees, aside from the Wezt Coazt Ztarz 32-state roster (I thought the West Coast was 3 states). Team Maryland, BLC Blue, all the way up to FCA Blue would put on a clinic against all but 3? 4? 2028 teams in the country (outside the DC to Boston zone). And those 3-4 teams that wouldn't be a "clinic" would still be easy wins.

Dads who haven't seen what the (lack of) talent is in other regions should stop thinking they understand what "average" is.

Correct. NL is ranked 35th out of 349 teams on USCL, so right on the edge of being top 10% (and I'm sure there are more national teams on relative basis in at the top than the bottom, so almost definitely top 10% of regular teams).

If you're defining the data set as the top 40 teams in the country then sure, they're below average, but that's such an arbitrary cut-off as to make it meaningless.

NL also added firepower on offence from ML Cap that should help their scoring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's the story. Heard that 20 of 28 kids left, and yet not one Predators parent has barked about it on BOTC. Won AA without breaking a sweat, it looks like.

I mean there are like 35 new posts for every third string bench riding midfielder leaving Madlax.

For how much everybody has dunked on this club since Day 1...just...20 kids gone and nothing to say?

Sounds like someone is upset his son didn't get a Preds offer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

14-15 record spring and summer, and literally did not have a single quality win. Not one. And to top it all off, they lost to BLC— yeah, BLC, who has won 2/3 games over the past 2 years in HoCo. So don’t try to tell us they’re anything but average, or below. They need real help in order to improve their chances against the Elite teams in HoCo. Madlax lost a bunch of players, so they may have a leg up there, but I suspect they finish well out of the HoCo playoffs in the spring behind Hawks, FCA, DC Express, Crabs, and possibly even Madlax. Maybe they’ll find some scorers, they certainly didn’t have them this year.

I could care less about Next Level, but I find this series of posts interesting. why are you so invested in trying to measure whether a particular "average" or "below average"?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hardly, Team is intact , Not sure what your beef is, but I suspect it has to do with your sons ability , or should I say,,,lack of ability. Predators are still talk of town and in a good way ! Two more years and they will be aside Hawks, Crabs, FCA .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Non story, didnt happen. Sorry little Johnny couldnt make the team, There is always next year. Predators are still the talk of Baltimore and growing each year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hardly, Team is intact , Not sure what your beef is, but I suspect it has to do with your sons ability , or should I say,,,lack of ability. Predators are still talk of town and in a good way ! Two more years and they will be aside Hawks, Crabs, FCA .
It’s so great to dream big.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Non story, didnt happen. Sorry little Johnny couldnt make the team, There is always next year. Predators are still the talk of Baltimore and growing each year

is there anyone not on Predators who cares? what division do they play in? I have two sons on elite division teams in different age groups and neither of them has ever played against Predators. if you have to SAY you are the talk of the town, isn't that like giving yourself a nickname?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like someone is upset his son didn't get a Preds offer.

Seeing as how Preds just announced supplemental tryouts at nearly every age group including 2028s...I highly doubt anybody was cut.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

is there anyone not on Predators who cares? what division do they play in? I have two sons on elite division teams in different age groups and neither of them has ever played against Predators. if you have to SAY you are the talk of the town, isn't that like giving yourself a nickname?

I get that it’s frustrating that neither of your sons got Preds offers, but that’s no reason to lash out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So does anyone have any idea why anyone has not built an Elite 2028 Northern Virginia team? Madlax is having trouble keeping a team and VLC cannot keep a team..

Like Reply Quote
Page 206 of 260 1 2 204 205 206 207 208 259 260
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard