BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,321
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 200 of 260 1 2 198 199 200 201 202 259 260
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What is the deal with hitsquad? Seems like they could be a team to consider. Are they full time? If NL and BLC aren’t competitive, how are the two combined so talented? Any team that can beat the Hawks should be taken Seriously.
They went 2-4 in their 1 tournament. Gotncrished by 91 GA and Project Midwest. Leave it at that.

I hear they want to go to Club Nationals in the winter. Maybe they will get their shot at MadLax—or what’s left of that team.

actually the MadLax owner has been texting the kids (not parents, the kids directly) on the Hit Squad trying to recruit them to Madlax. I guess he wants to know the secret to beating the Hawks, which obviously his own teams haven't yet figured out.
Yep, this is true. The clown is on full tilt trying to fill the gaping hole in his roster. Texting and DM’ing kids behind their parents’ backs. Ironically, the kids are laughing at him. Dude has zero class, and everyone knows it.

does he think that the Hit Squad are rec players? most are already on travel teams. he must be classless AND clueless.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NLF starts today, lots of chatter going on, and many good teams not competing.

Not competing or blocked???

Meaning they didn't allow certain teams to register....

MadLax and NLF a sinking ship. Openly and blatantly blocking competitors like NL, BLC, FCA from registering and competing in NLF Championship. Event used to be open invite and the premier event. Uncontrolled club directors like MadLax, Express in LI, Leading Edge in NJ, Laxachusetts in NE all blocking their competitors. As a result NL, BLC, 3D NE, BBL all competing in Pinnacle. Shame on MadLax.
And as someone who was there— flat out worst facilities for a tournament that I have seen. Ever. Last 3 years. Huge opportunity for all the clubs outside of NLF to shun them back with a great event on proper fields.

I was there too, and I thought the fields were fine, but the competition was the issue. Of the five DC area teams, the two elite teams (DCE and Next Level) were missing, and the second tier teams (VLC, MadLax, and Hawks) were there battling it out. if you want to have an elite event you need to invite the best teams.

Outstanding troll post.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reaching out to kids online??? That is fool!! Wonder if any of those contacted kids parents have reached out to him to stop?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MadLax and NLF a sinking ship. Openly and blatantly blocking competitors like NL, BLC, FCA from registering and competing in NLF Championship. Event used to be open invite and the premier event. Uncontrolled club directors like MadLax, Express in LI, Leading Edge in NJ, Laxachusetts in NE all blocking their competitors. As a result NL, BLC, 3D NE, BBL all competing in Pinnacle. Shame on MadLax.
And as someone who was there— flat out worst facilities for a tournament that I have seen. Ever. Last 3 years. Huge opportunity for all the clubs outside of NLF to shun them back with a great event on proper fields.

I was there too, and I thought the fields were fine, but the competition was the issue. Of the five DC area teams, the two elite teams (DCE and Next Level) were missing, and the second tier teams (VLC, MadLax, and Hawks) were there battling it out. if you want to have an elite event you need to invite the best teams.

Outstanding troll post.

PP here, not a troll, but I thought I was on the 2026 form so my observation didn’t make much sense here. Sorry!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hardshells are coming to the 2028 level. Aren't these teams usually around for 1 year. Asking for a friend.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hardshells are coming to the 2028 level. Aren't these teams usually around for 1 year. Asking for a friend.
Yes. Crabs takes your money for one more year before you are smart enough to realize that hard shells is not crabs, and you move on and the team folds. At least that’s how it’s been with other Hardshells teams in existence. One year and then it folds

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. Crabs takes your money for one more year before you are smart enough to realize that hard shells is not crabs, and you move on and the team folds. At least that’s how it’s been with other Hardshells teams in existence. One year and then it folds
I have experienced this with other son. This comment is spot on. You live and you learn.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Outstanding troll post.

PP here, not a troll, but I thought I was on the 2026 form so my observation didn’t make much sense here. Sorry!

Love that the PP posted again so the actual trolls don't get jealous.

The sentiment is correct though. A few years ago NLF had great competition. Today, it's honestly soft relative to other top tournaments. None of the national teams and top club teams, Red Hots, FCA, Venom, 2Way, Freedom etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious, how were Hawks tryouts? Have friends at True that said a few True kids would probably go.

Numbers? Notables?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So is this Clippers team serious or are they just in it for Instagram pictures? They have already performed better on the gram than all you club directors and have not played 1 game. True is good at this game too.

Well they bragged that they got 350 kids trying out for 11 or 12 teams, enough to only cut about 5 kids per team, so I guess file it under "you gotta start somewhere."

Guessing math isn't you strong suite. 350/11= 31 on average trying out for a 20-21 man roster. The 2027's had 72 boys out on Sunday, so my guess is that 350 estimate is very conservative.

Which club do you run or coach for, ProStart, True, MDLL or Helmsman? The only reason someone comes on here to talk [Censored] about a club is they have a financial incentive (they own/run a club)or their kid got cut and they are bitter about it.

There's 2 2027 teams so if 72/2=36 yeah that tracks. And the the typical roster size at that age group, come tourney time, won't be "21." Not for any claimed "top 5 team."

Clippers bragged on IG that attendance was 350 and if you think any business's IG brags are "conservative" then math isn't your strong suit.

And as far as guessing motivations.....you must be new here.

Poor guy, show us where Kyle Harrison touched you.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard DCE is not happy the ML boys who attended the secret practice aren't committing. Especially after the organizer committed to bringing 7-8 kids. DCE still trying to negotiate offers to ML players, but all seem to have made a pact to stay for the Fall. DCE offering no fees to recruit Hawks, ML and NL kids so they aren't stuck with the BLC pipeline. Wonder who will take them up on that offer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard DCE is not happy the ML boys who attended the secret practice aren't committing. Especially after the organizer committed to bringing 7-8 kids. DCE still trying to negotiate offers to ML players, but all seem to have made a pact to stay for the Fall. DCE offering no fees to recruit Hawks, ML and NL kids so they aren't stuck with the BLC pipeline. Wonder who will take them up on that offer.

We're too far away, but my son's would be DCE if he were looking to switch. Not sure how ML has any players left, NL coaching is inconsistant and BLC doesn't exist. Seems like an obvious move.

Hawks to DCE seems like a stretch, most of the Hawks kids are from Annapolis, and east/north of Annapolis.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I bet the BLC kids who are stuck waiting for the "negotiations" with the chosen few from ML to make their decisions aren't that happy either. maybe DCE isn't shaking out to be the great escape everyone thought.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a great escape. More like a team with Bobby Horsey and Joey Severns coaching. And unlike coaches listed in a team rebrand email from another 28 program, Horsey and Severns have actually agreed to coach the DCE 28 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious, how were Hawks tryouts? Have friends at True that said a few True kids would probably go.

Numbers? Notables?

Okay numbers. True kids did not standout from what I saw. Several MIAA head coaches in attendance. Those coaches were focused on what I assume are the parents from the A team. If anyone has a chance it’s probably only for the B team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA Blue picked up two new goalies. Where did the other two end up? Any other upgrades?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2028 tryouts were 7/18, NL second tryout is 7/20. DCE second tryout is 7/24. Still a lot left to shake out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a great escape. More like a team with Bobby Horsey and Joey Severns coaching. And unlike coaches listed in a team rebrand email from another 28 program, Horsey and Severns have actually agreed to coach the DCE 28 team.
Thought Horsey had a team he coached.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If I now NL they'll focus on some shiny new objects at the expense of boys who've been there awhile, so there will be some free agents out there who can play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA Blue picked up two new goalies. Where did the other two end up? Any other upgrades?

Their main goalie that played three of the four quarters was a 2029 playing up, he moved back to his age group where he is going to keep on killing it! He is a phenomenal goalie! (Not his parent, my son just used to be co-goalies with him at FCA before he decided to move teams and he was a sweet kid with tremendous talent.) As for their other goalie, I can’t speak on that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2028 tryouts were 7/18, NL second tryout is 7/20. DCE second tryout is 7/24. Still a lot left to shake out.

NL tryout had a ton of kids and plenty of helmets from other programs, including ML and DCE. lots to shake out indeed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How were the 2028 Madlax tryouts? How many showed up?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There were 12 goalies at tryouts. I doubt both have been selected before the final tryout on Thursday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would love to have been a fly on the wall at MadLax

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Outstanding troll post.

Makes more sense, if the PP poster was a 2028, he would not have defended the fields at NLF. Bull and huge holes marked by cones. Zero grass in front of the goalies, they had to throw down mulch on Saturday to soak up the mud. Pathetic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Numbers? Notables?

Okay numbers. True kids did not standout from what I saw. Several MIAA head coaches in attendance. Those coaches were focused on what I assume are the parents from the A team. If anyone has a chance it’s probably only for the B team.

You can't drop that in here and not expand. Was there some special parent behavior? I would think tryout parent behavior would be pretty tame.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If I now NL they'll focus on some shiny new objects at the expense of boys who've been there awhile, so there will be some free agents out there who can play.

that is a silly criticism. all team take new players at tryouts, often at the expense of incumbents who have been there awhile, if the new player is better. do you know of a single team that does NOT do that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No 28s have a DCE helmet yet because this is the first year of the program but nice try.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Horsey coaches the 26s who just won Naptown, and now will be coaching the DCE 28s with Joey Severns.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Numbers? Notables?

You can't drop that in here and not expand. Was there some special parent behavior? I would think tryout parent behavior would be pretty tame.

Lots of mingling, recruiting and generalized kissing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Outstanding troll post.

Was just about to give kudos to the troll and then see they were in the wrong forum. Possible double troll post = double kudos

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No 28s have a DCE helmet yet because this is the first year of the program but nice try.
you're right, I meant BLC - there were plenty of those

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard 10-12, some of them already on the team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are only a handful of players in this area better than the others and most of those have already completed puberty. Of that handful, most have already been team hoppers so imagine they will continue as little Timmy is a ball hog hero whose dad will keep shopping him around until he is the faceoff and attack star anyways. These poor boys dads will never be happy until Timmy plays for Duke. Plenty to shake out with puberty, age verification and reclassing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are only a handful of players in this area better than the others and most of those have already completed puberty. Of that handful, most have already been team hoppers so imagine they will continue as little Timmy is a ball hog hero whose dad will keep shopping him around until he is the faceoff and attack star anyways. These poor boys dads will never be happy until Timmy plays for Duke. Plenty to shake out with puberty, age verification and reclassing.

What?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have experienced this with other son. This comment is spot on. You live and you learn.
The Crabs step-child is back for a year. They don't even get a yellow helmet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
kind of fool. the NL and DCE coaches are also putting a hard sell on several ML players. so far, the pack is still in tact waiting to see how the new coaches run the s show. popcorn is popping for the show.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh you mean Madlax, who listed every local high school coach as a future “guest coach?” They have two 25 year old guys with virtually no experience stepping in to coach the 2028 team as Cabell got run out by the parents. He won’t be far, lurking in the shadows and getting kicked out of games, or forfeiting the ones they can’t win. Oh— and a new name should change everything. Maybe they’ll
Crack the top 25 with that one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with this. I think next year going into HS these current star players are going to be overshadowed by someone hitting a growth spurt.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard 10-12, some of them already on the team

What? They held a tryout and only 12 kids showed up? Can someone verify if that is true? Hard to believe.

Like Reply Quote
Page 200 of 260 1 2 198 199 200 201 202 259 260
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard