BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,842
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 24 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 23 24
Re: Boys 2028 - 7th Grade Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
hydra is a joke

No more than most teams. Why you mad bro?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How come venom didn’t go to the nlf?

Maybe they are tired of playing 15 year olds?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To busy crying about their on age World Series loss

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All that build up, then nothing, and they
cancel the rest of their season. But please tell us it’s about the kids, not your fragile parent egos.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryouts are this week. What will venom do? How many will they add/drop?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All that build up, then nothing, and they
cancel the rest of their season. But please tell us it’s about the kids, not your fragile parent egos.

You people are pathetic.
They made it to the semifinals.
They are one of the best on age teams in the country.
The funny part is that both of you I quoted most likely have children not good enough to play for them. So you come on here and throw punches while hiding behind a computer. Sad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are pathetic.
The funny part is that both of you I quoted most likely have children not good enough to play for them. So you come on here and throw punches while hiding behind a computer. Sad

How did they do last weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The immature nasty comments are definitely from people trying to create news or drama on ALL teams. Don’t take the bait people!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are pathetic.

They shut down their season after the World Series. The kids know why, the parents don't seem too or don't want to admit it.

They are a great team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are pathetic.

They shut down their season after the World Series. The kids know why, the parents don't seem too or don't want to admit it.

They are a great team.

Decision was made not to play- right or wrong good or bad. They would have been fine at NLF and would have had good a shot at any to win. See everyone who thinks venom stinks at tryouts tomorrow.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are pathetic.

They are a great team.

Decision was made not to play- right or wrong good or bad. They would have been fine at NLF and would have had good a shot at any to win. See everyone who thinks venom stinks at tryouts tomorrow.

Maybe they didn’t want to go to a tournament and compete with holdbacks and reclasss “athletes” who don’t have the skill to stand out on age. What’s the point in wasting that time and money. Granted, I have no idea if they actually backed out, or were never intending on going, but if I was a parent on that team I would certainly be happy with not going. When is enough enough already?

The last year and a half and the next year are going to flat out [Censored] for Long Island teams. Not one team on the island will stand out on the national level unfortunately. Blame the system and blame the powers that be that have allowed cheating to occur for so long. Stop measuring the success of Long Island teams against teams with rosters consisting of 50% holdbacks. It shows you have no clue about not only the lacrosse world, but also basic physiology and how the stages of puberty work. Go educate yourself.

As far as the venom bashing, you all need a reality check. There are about 20 kids on the island that could currently try out for venom and find a spot. That’s 20, give or take, out of a few thousand that play lacrosse. And if you’re coming on here bashing that team, your child is NOT one of those 20 kids. It’s a fact. Accept it. Go to trainings. Hire a trainer. Take speed and agility. Hit the bounce back. Do whatever it takes to stop making yourself like the fool we all know you are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are pathetic.

They are a great team.

Maybe they didn’t want to go to a tournament and compete with holdbacks and reclasss “athletes” who don’t have the skill to stand out on age. What’s the point in wasting that time and money. Granted, I have no idea if they actually backed out, or were never intending on going, but if I was a parent on that team I would certainly be happy with not going. When is enough enough already?

The last year and a half and the next year are going to flat out [Censored] for Long Island teams. Not one team on the island will stand out on the national level unfortunately. Blame the system and blame the powers that be that have allowed cheating to occur for so long. Stop measuring the success of Long Island teams against teams with rosters consisting of 50% holdbacks. It shows you have no clue about not only the lacrosse world, but also basic physiology and how the stages of puberty work. Go educate yourself.

As far as the venom bashing, you all need a reality check. There are about 20 kids on the island that could currently try out for venom and find a spot. That’s 20, give or take, out of a few thousand that play lacrosse. And if you’re coming on here bashing that team, your child is NOT one of those 20 kids. It’s a fact. Accept it. Go to trainings. Hire a trainer. Take speed and agility. Hit the bounce back. Do whatever it takes to stop making yourself like the fool we all know you are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As far as the venom bashing, you all need a reality check. There are about 20 kids on the island that could currently try out for venom and find a spot. That’s 20, give or take, out of a few thousand that play lacrosse. And if you’re coming on here bashing that team, your child is NOT one of those 20 kids. It’s a fact. Accept it. Go to trainings. Hire a trainer. Take speed and agility. Hit the bounce back. Do whatever it takes to stop making yourself like the fool we all know you are.[/quote]

1. Venom is a great team
2. Yes holdbacks are a problem . . . but canceling the remainder of your season because of them is shortsighted.
3. Continue to compete against the holdbacks. You might take some lumps now, but when all the kids hit puberty the venom kids will be on top because they are tougher having to compete against big kids.
4. Bailing on tourneys because the parents egos are bruised doesn't help the kids. You're letting the holdbacks win.

Keep fighting Venom. The on age parents out here are rooting for you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with at least 1 thing you said. Your team is going to have a long 8th grade season if they waste it complaining about hold backs the entire time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are pathetic.

They are a great team.

For everyone that believes this rhetoric, please remember, many of the best 2028s in the country are playing a 2027 schedule. There are many kids that we don't even know are 28s, because we've only seen them on 2027 teams. Stop worrying about holdbacks and start worrying about competition level and working to bridge any gap.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are pathetic.

They are a great team.

For everyone that believes this rhetoric, please remember, many of the best 2028s in the country are playing a 2027 schedule. There are many kids that we don't even know are 28s, because we've only seen them on 2027 teams. Stop worrying about holdbacks and start worrying about competition level and working to bridge any gap.

Stop worrying in general and try to enjoy the game. It is FUN!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hydra is a joke

No more than most teams. Why you mad bro?

This is the most accurate response I have seen in this place. Well done sir. I don't know anything about Hydra. But I've been around enough to know that most teams are jokes is one regard or another. What else would we have to talk about?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the Rebels Black team being formed to get away from the mess that is Hydra and their parents or just a way for the Rebels moms to hide the chili stains?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a big turnout for express tryouts, similar size for 91. I’m expecting these organizations 2nd team to be really good. Some of these top team kids who don’t play a lot should consider coming down to get the minutes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a big turnout for express tryouts, similar size for 91. I’m expecting these organizations 2nd team to be really good. Some of these top team kids who don’t play a lot should consider coming down to get the minutes

Surge will be good

Express’s second team has consistently been one of the worst teams around, the only LI teams that they beat are BTB B and rebels East b

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How was legacy tryouts? Heard they are losing a ton of kids

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Surge will be good

Express’s second team has consistently been one of the worst teams around, the only LI teams that they beat are BTB B and rebels East b

No venom players are going to surge just stop

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the Rebels Black team being formed to get away from the mess that is Hydra and their parents or just a way for the Rebels moms to hide the chili stains?

They aren’t the only mess. See legacy. Maybe adding more turtles will help like last year ie turtlewax how did that work out? They got into WS by beating rebels by 1

How did s2s do in WS? Or Rush? Or igloo?

Rebels have obnoxious parents just like legacy Rush and don’t get me started on 91. Have you been on a sideline with them!
The loud parents aren’t always the worst it’s the ones that operate behind the scenes that are toxic. Beware

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That would require checking egos at the door and that won’t happen

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They aren’t the only mess. See legacy. Maybe adding more turtles will help like last year ie turtlewax how did that work out? They got into WS by beating rebels by 1

Rebels have obnoxious parents just like legacy Rush and don’t get me started on 91. Have you been on a sideline with them!
The loud parents aren’t always the worst it’s the ones that operate behind the scenes that are toxic. Beware

In one post you managed to jump on the bandwagon by bashing rebels. Then proceeded to insult legacy, S2S, rush, igloo, and 91. You’re an angry little elf and must be fun at parties.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That would require checking egos at the door and that won’t happen

That will never happen. It’s been suggested for years. Let people learn the hard way that once the recruiting years come…you can’t get committed from the sidelines and coaches watch B teams. And they justify it by saying my son gets great reps at practice vs top players. Okay, I get that, but in the end, make it enjoyable for your son and yourselves and put him in a spot where he can succeed on the field. Don’t we all just want to see our sons play? Instead of standing on the sidelines?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In one post you managed to jump on the bandwagon by bashing rebels. Then proceeded to insult legacy, S2S, rush, igloo, and 91. You’re an angry little elf and must be fun at parties.

Spreading the love to all of you. Point being it isn’t just one team that beaut is trying to [Censored] one team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Surge will be good

Plenty of Venom players sitting, wondering when they’ll get their shot. Then they cancel going to NLF so some of these kids played maybe 15 minutes all year, total. But keep telling us there aren’t 20 kids who can make this team just to sit and watch. Ridiculous.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Surge will be good

Plenty of Venom players sitting, wondering when they’ll get their shot. Then they cancel going to NLF so some of these kids played maybe 15 minutes all year, total. But keep telling us there aren’t 20 kids who can make this team just to sit and watch. Ridiculous.

Advice from a parent with an older kid who went through this - if your son is not seeing any time, he is on the wrong team. If you are think he will be as good as everyone that does play, its a long shot. Get to a team where he plays. And is actually part of the team. Trust me!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son was on a top 20 team last year (north east based) and got limited minutes. He took a lot of pride in being part of the team, wearing the swag, etc. He wasn't offered the opportunity to stay and was devastated for a few days, but fortunately joined a lower level team he loves. He quickly became a starter, plays on man up team, and has had a great experience. Knowing that he is a valuable contributor on the team has been great for his self esteem instead of the stress of struggling to hang on each week while he waits for his late growth spurt). He’s still developing and getting better albeit not competing at the highest level (now playing teams ranked 50-110 mostly). He looks back now and not making the team last year was a blessing for him. What the prior poster said rings so true from my sons experience. Think long a hard about what is best for your kid. You have to be real about where your kid is and guide them on what is best. They only get these years once and they go fast. Don’t waste them!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son was on a top 20 team last year (north east based) and got limited minutes. He took a lot of pride in being part of the team, wearing the swag, etc. He wasn't offered the opportunity to stay and was devastated for a few days, but fortunately joined a lower level team he loves. He quickly became a starter, plays on man up team, and has had a great experience. Knowing that he is a valuable contributor on the team has been great for his self esteem instead of the stress of struggling to hang on each week while he waits for his late growth spurt). He’s still developing and getting better albeit not competing at the highest level (now playing teams ranked 50-110 mostly). He looks back now and not making the team last year was a blessing for him. What the prior poster said rings so true from my sons experience. Think long a hard about what is best for your kid. You have to be real about where your kid is and guide them on what is best. They only get these years once and they go fast. Don’t waste them!

This is a nice post for everyone and I agree. Find what works for you but the first thing you need to decide are what are your expectations: High d1 or high d3? Then you generally need to be on a top club AND get playing time to get recruited by those colleges.

If your expectations are d2 or mid low d3 then you can get recruited from any club team so playing time will matter.

The next step after expectations is does your kids talent meet those expectations? If those are not in alignment you are setting yourself up for a lot of pain and extra money.

My kid played on a top 50 AA club and probably had A- talent but not A+ talent. But he had high academic aspirations and was not going to sacrifice academics for simply the sake of saying he played mid-low D1. So he got into a high academic school that plays in the MCLA and he is perfectly happy. Remember that lax is finite, so don’t make short term decisions with long term consequences. That was his path so yiurs will be different; just be brutally honest about your expectations and your kids talent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is a nice post for everyone and I agree. Find what works for you but the first thing you need to decide are what are your expectations: High d1 or high d3? Then you generally need to be on a top club AND get playing time to get recruited by those colleges.

If your expectations are d2 or mid low d3 then you can get recruited from any club team so playing time will matter.

The next step after expectations is does your kids talent meet those expectations? If those are not in alignment you are setting yourself up for a lot of pain and extra money.

My kid played on a top 50 AA club and probably had A- talent but not A+ talent. But he had high academic aspirations and was not going to sacrifice academics for simply the sake of saying he played mid-low D1. So he got into a high academic school that plays in the MCLA and he is perfectly happy. Remember that lax is finite, so don’t make short term decisions with long term consequences. That was his path so yiurs will be different; just be brutally honest about your expectations and your kids talent

enjoyed reading your post. Would you mind saying which MCLA school he went to? Each year, I keep thinking that is probably the right path forward for 90% of players out there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

enjoyed reading your post. Would you mind saying which MCLA school he went to? Each year, I keep thinking that is probably the right path forward for 90% of players out there.

This forum is getting way too nice, reasonable and respectful! What happened to the [INSERT TEAM NAME] cheats and plays twenty yo against 13 yo. . .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prices for 23-24 season?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This forum is getting way too nice, reasonable and respectful! What happened to the [INSERT TEAM NAME] cheats and plays twenty yo against 13 yo. . .

Haha. Not gonna lie. I like it on the rare occasion that manners but I also like the turd slinging as well as its brain candy. He went to Georgia tech. MCLA is perfect for those kids no PLL bound as it’s not as grueling and stressful. Downside is it’s not cheap and you don’t get to say you played D1 lax (tongue in cheek on that one)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone except an offer on express 50 man roster

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A Lumberjack did

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Venom making some changes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Venom making some changes

Adding or subtracting?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone except an offer on express 50 man roster
After a successful season for Express to do this shows what is important to them.

Like Reply Quote
Page 15 of 24 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 23 24
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard