Originally Posted by Anonymous
You people are pathetic.
They made it to the semifinals.
They are one of the best on age teams in the country.
The funny part is that both of you I quoted most likely have children not good enough to play for them. So you come on here and throw punches while hiding behind a computer. Sad

How did they do last weekend?

They shut down their season after the World Series. The kids know why, the parents don't seem too or don't want to admit it.

They are a great team.

Decision was made not to play- right or wrong good or bad. They would have been fine at NLF and would have had good a shot at any to win. See everyone who thinks venom stinks at tryouts tomorrow.

Maybe they didn’t want to go to a tournament and compete with holdbacks and reclasss “athletes” who don’t have the skill to stand out on age. What’s the point in wasting that time and money. Granted, I have no idea if they actually backed out, or were never intending on going, but if I was a parent on that team I would certainly be happy with not going. When is enough enough already?

The last year and a half and the next year are going to flat out [Censored] for Long Island teams. Not one team on the island will stand out on the national level unfortunately. Blame the system and blame the powers that be that have allowed cheating to occur for so long. Stop measuring the success of Long Island teams against teams with rosters consisting of 50% holdbacks. It shows you have no clue about not only the lacrosse world, but also basic physiology and how the stages of puberty work. Go educate yourself.

As far as the venom bashing, you all need a reality check. There are about 20 kids on the island that could currently try out for venom and find a spot. That’s 20, give or take, out of a few thousand that play lacrosse. And if you’re coming on here bashing that team, your child is NOT one of those 20 kids. It’s a fact. Accept it. Go to trainings. Hire a trainer. Take speed and agility. Hit the bounce back. Do whatever it takes to stop making yourself like the fool we all know you are.

For everyone that believes this rhetoric, please remember, many of the best 2028s in the country are playing a 2027 schedule. There are many kids that we don't even know are 28s, because we've only seen them on 2027 teams. Stop worrying about holdbacks and start worrying about competition level and working to bridge any gap.

Stop worrying in general and try to enjoy the game. It is FUN!!