BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,328
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 55 of 81 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 80 81
Re: MD Girls 2028
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
A few cut Hero’s players went to M & D, so there goes your theory.

So they were cut before Heros tryouts ended?

No Heros dragged out the cutting process in hopes of girls having to stay on White team. Girls were left scrambling and reaching out to lots of clubs…if they landed at M&D kind of shows that M&D did not have top talent at tryouts if they were adding after their own rosters were supposedly set

M&D rosters were final before Heros did cuts. This is just gossip. As usual

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny- a girl (possibly 2) cut from HG is now playing for M&D. I don’t claim to know the why/how behind it. Just reporting facts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny- a girl (possibly 2) cut from HG is now playing for M&D. I don’t claim to know the why/how behind it. Just reporting facts.

If you have the facts, please share the facts on how this is accurate?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rosters are not out so it's a wonder you think you know "facts." Any Heros girls who may or may not be on that roster tried out for M&D before Heros tryouts concluded. So perhaps your implication is that players would have been cut, but again, unless your a Heros coach posting gossip on BOTC, I'm not sure how you know who would have been cut. Either way, it's rude and unnecessary to call players out like this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How it’s accurate? Because 13 year old girls talk. Not sure what you want- video evidence?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only people that care if it is factual or not are those associated with M&D who don’t want to admit that their top club would have to do this. Or a parent of a current player who doesn’t want to believe it because now the roster is larger and there goes your daughter’s playing time.

I am happy the girls found a home if Heros really waited that long to tell them they were no longer on Green.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only people that care if it is factual or not are those associated with M&D who don’t want to admit that their top club would have to do this. Or a parent of a current player who doesn’t want to believe it because now the roster is larger and there goes your daughter’s playing time.

I am happy the girls found a home if Heros really waited that long to tell them they were no longer on Green.

Actually, it's pretty obvious that the person who cares the most is the person who wants to make it seem like M&D will be weak, lost all their players, can't get new players, whatever. Beyond that, I would think the players in question (if they do exist) might care what's being said about them. As for the M&D parents, I really don't think they're all that worried about the prior situation of their new players. All this speculation is ridiculous, especially about 13 yo girls, until you see the team put on the field in the fall you have no idea.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is the correct take

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is the correct take

Just because you say it is enough times doesn’t make it correct. What team does your kid play for?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thoughts on the American Select Pools? Looks like the Maryland team is in the toughest bracket, as appropriate. DC-Virginia will also have two tough games if the Colorado teams' performance at Mid-Atlantic is indicative of where they are, and upstate NY is always strong.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3Step’s first tryout since taking over M&D and they can’t even get the rosters up and online. 11 days ago were tryouts ELEVEN!! You all pay a pretty penny and yet here is everyone waiting and in limbo if they made a team. They must be too busy trying to push girls to their new "C" team... oh wait I mean M&D West.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So let me get this straight...your daughter isn't on M&D but you are on here wondering where their roster is? Why? Girls may know the roster, just isn't public yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3Step’s first tryout since taking over M&D and they can’t even get the rosters up and online. 11 days ago were tryouts ELEVEN!! You all pay a pretty penny and yet here is everyone waiting and in limbo if they made a team. They must be too busy trying to push girls to their new "C" team... oh wait I mean M&D West.

The only team with a roster up is Heros so I'm not sure why you feel so entitled to M&Ds roster. Lord forbid they change their process. The coaches and the players know the roster and that's all that matters. You need to chill.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So let me get this straight...your daughter isn't on M&D but you are on here wondering where their roster is? Why? Girls may know the roster, just isn't public yet.

Right. The prior poster just wants to heckle if a former player for a competitor is on there. For actual M&D players/families, they know...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Focus on your own program and your daughter's development and team. The roster will be updated when things are final.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

11 days after tryouts and you are dying to see a roster of a team your kid is not on????? Obsess much?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry your daughter(s) is not good enough to make M&D Black, whatever age she is since you posted this in multiple threads. Get a life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is AU Futures by region again this year? Someone said a lot of local talent is doing AU instead of trying out for AS? Curious why people chose one over the other? If the AU trend didn't hold true across the country, may make for some lopsided games if it is based on location.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is AU Futures by region again this year? Someone said a lot of local talent is doing AU instead of trying out for AS? Curious why people chose one over the other? If the AU trend didn't hold true across the country, may make for some lopsided games if it is based on location.

I think the participants are spread between apex, au futures and AS so there may not be a dominant team at any of the events.
I also know a lot of families that took the year off from
showcases too knowing the upcoming years will be $$$ on those events, and coaches aren’t looking at 28s anyway.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

According to tourney machine, the teams are named by color, not region. Not sure if the girls were clumped together as a region or spread out. The colors is different from last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thoughts on the American Select Pools? Looks like the Maryland team is in the toughest bracket, as appropriate. DC-Virginia will also have two tough games if the Colorado teams' performance at Mid-Atlantic is indicative of where they are, and upstate NY is always strong.

Remember though that at American Select, the "one club" teams have a huge advantage because of familiarity. Between that and whether or not coaches play their bench, it is really hard to handicap.

Based on team makeup though, I would put Long Island and Georgia probably as the co-favorites at the 28 age group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
rosters still not up. anywhere tho so get a life

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if they are final why arent the live? seems all the teams are still figuring things out. except heros

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if they are final why arent the live? seems all the teams are still figuring things out. except heros
We have to wait to see how many more midfielders Coppermine can poach before rosters can be posted!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone’s daughter do the AU Futures event this year? Just wondering how it compares to previous years. Was it still by region? How did the Md team do?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone’s daughter do the AU Futures event this year? Just wondering how it compares to previous years. Was it still by region? How did the Md team do?

Yeah. MD team was a juggernaut. Their coach was apparently from Princeton and was fully engaged. Barking out structures for man-up opportunities; critiquing off-ball cuts after goals in blowouts. Pretty impressive effort from her. Top players with little to prove (unless they want to go to Princeton) seemed to be taking it very seriously as well, sprinting line to line.

Overall, the event seemed to be a bit low energy. Teams were uneven. No "AU pros" anywhere to be seen on day 2. It was hot...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah. MD team was a juggernaut. Their coach was apparently from Princeton and was fully engaged. Barking out structures for man-up opportunities; critiquing off-ball cuts after goals in blowouts. Pretty impressive effort from her. Top players with little to prove (unless they want to go to Princeton) seemed to be taking it very seriously as well, sprinting line to line.

Overall, the event seemed to be a bit low energy. Teams were uneven. No "AU pros" anywhere to be seen on day 2. It was hot...

What region did Maryland play in the finals?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They lost game 2, so, unsure if they will make it that far

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There were two “Maryland” teams and they played each other in the finals. There were no “juggernaut” teams there!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They lost game 2, so, unsure if they will make it that far

Think they were referring to Athletes Unlimited. And I think you were referring to American Select? They will probably make it to playoffs there because they get 3 spots in playoffs, but unsure they could win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There were two “Maryland” teams and they played each other in the finals. There were no “juggernaut” teams there!

Okay, two all-star tournaments last week. Different participation from MD between AU Futures and American Select.

The "juggernaut" reference was to Team Orange at AU Futures. Had Coppermine standouts, several Heroes, etc. They won all 5 games, most comfortably, and were champs. Team Orange did play another MD team in the final, Team Black, after beating them in pool play as well. Team Black appeared to have a number of good players from Crush, which means that Team Orange must have been pretty good to beat them twice. I stand by my description.

I was not talking about American Select where the Maryland 2028 team did not have as strong representation from some of the top clubs, namely Coppermine and Crush, who clearly picked AU, and lost by 6 in the first round of the bracket to Massachusetts, after going 2-2 in pool play. They lost to Pennsylvania, Long Island (all YJ), and Massachusetts (fast, athletic group who clearly practiced and played together before and just scored at will in transition).

American Select was a much more serious event, in my view. Hopefully, MD makes a better showing next year. Both 2025 teams went 0-4, even though one had TC coaching; 2026s lost in first round; 2027s lost in the final, and 2028s lost in the first round. LI looked like the strongest region at the lower ages--maybe due to teams drawn from one club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious, what made American Select such a serious event vs AU Futures?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AU futures just completed their third year.

AS more established, specifically with older grad years. They are also all over social media. Rosters and game results posted online. Def a better resume builder

MY daughter did AU first and second year and I do feel like there was a drop off. The complex changed, didn't seem as exciting etc. We did not do it this month so can't tell you how it was.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MD team also lost to Georgia 14-5.. The Long Island teams were stacked with talent..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

American Select was well-organized; much larger; had D1 coaches from top 25 programs lining the sidelines for the '25 and '26s; much higher intensity and quality of play; great facility and field conditions; preparedness of the teams (not from Mid-Atlantic); lots of factors. Not to mention comprehensive filming, social media engagement, "players who stood out" list, and more.

The draw for AU Futures was the engagement of the pros--like Charlotte North and Sam Apuzzo running drills and so forth. Did not see that at the 2028 level and there didn't seem to be any pros around on Day 2.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They really aren’t the same thing. AS is a competitor of AA, as they are both recruiting events. AU seems to be instructional with games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How I expect the 2028 landscape to play out over the next few years. Coppermine has too much momentum for it to change over the next few years. They could probably lose players and still be a top 3 team. I wish it was different but that ship has probably sailed. Heros will maintain their spot as the second best Maryland team. Their club has multiple number 1 teams and their 28 team is currently better than anyone else in Maryland. M&D has the club name and are good enough now to draw future talent. They will round out the top 3 teams in Maryland over the next few years. All three will be top 10 teams nationally in 3 years. The next tier is a different story. There are a bunch of NY, VA, PA, CT, MA, GA, CO and other regional all-star teams that will insert themselves between the top 3 Maryland teams and the next tier. Just look at the rankings for older teams where Maryland can only maintain 2 top ten teams. It will appear that MD United, Crush, and Skywalkers are moonwalking but really it is just other regions consolidating and improving while they stay stagnant. In a couple of years MDU/Crush/SW will be ranked between 15 and 30. MD United will bleed talent. Crush has stayed together but unable to get stronger. Skywalkers for all the talk is barely in the top 10 (barely improved from last year) and the club has weak 26-30 teams. None of these teams will draw impactful players and will keep getting weaker while other regions consolidate and pass them by over the next few years. Unless you are the top player or the club or coach owe you something you won't be seen the same way by colleges on these teams. Everything will be harder on the field for your daughter playing against better teams from all regions. Ground balls, extra touches, turnovers, connecting passes, getting open, extra possessions, saves turned to transition, draw percentage, goes on and on but what it means is for recruiting is it will be harder to stand out. NEMS, FCA, Next Level, CC Lax, and B teams are all good for players that want to improve for high school or play division 3 but obviously won't even be in this conversation.

There is a big difference in how a college views a #3 ranked team vs a #17 ranked team. The #3 ranked team may have 8-12 players that are great options whereas the #17 team may have 1-2 players. why this all matters and where I think it is heading for the big 5 in Maryland sooner than most realize.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How I expect the 2028 landscape to play out over the next few years. Coppermine has too much momentum for it to change over the next few years. They could probably lose players and still be a top 3 team. I wish it was different but that ship has probably sailed. Heros will maintain their spot as the second best Maryland team. Their club has multiple number 1 teams and their 28 team is currently better than anyone else in Maryland. M&D has the club name and are good enough now to draw future talent. They will round out the top 3 teams in Maryland over the next few years. All three will be top 10 teams nationally in 3 years. The next tier is a different story. There are a bunch of NY, VA, PA, CT, MA, GA, CO and other regional all-star teams that will insert themselves between the top 3 Maryland teams and the next tier. Just look at the rankings for older teams where Maryland can only maintain 2 top ten teams. It will appear that MD United, Crush, and Skywalkers are moonwalking but really it is just other regions consolidating and improving while they stay stagnant. In a couple of years MDU/Crush/SW will be ranked between 15 and 30. MD United will bleed talent. Crush has stayed together but unable to get stronger. Skywalkers for all the talk is barely in the top 10 (barely improved from last year) and the club has weak 26-30 teams. None of these teams will draw impactful players and will keep getting weaker while other regions consolidate and pass them by over the next few years. Unless you are the top player or the club or coach owe you something you won't be seen the same way by colleges on these teams. Everything will be harder on the field for your daughter playing against better teams from all regions. Ground balls, extra touches, turnovers, connecting passes, getting open, extra possessions, saves turned to transition, draw percentage, goes on and on but what it means is for recruiting is it will be harder to stand out. NEMS, FCA, Next Level, CC Lax, and B teams are all good for players that want to improve for high school or play division 3 but obviously won't even be in this conversation.

There is a big difference in how a college views a #3 ranked team vs a #17 ranked team. The #3 ranked team may have 8-12 players that are great options whereas the #17 team may have 1-2 players. why this all matters and where I think it is heading for the big 5 in Maryland sooner than most realize.

What about Capital Blue when they come together next year? Where will you put them?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting synopsis. All valid points that make a lot of sense to me. You definitely see the NY, MA, Conn, and CO teams getting stronger in HS. I think skywalkers is trying to get top players to come over, but not sure how successful they will be. They are struggling, however They do seem to have the ability to get out of state players to join. Not sure if they can rest on their historical HS success or not. Crush will be an interesting outlier because their strength and desire to continue on is unique to the 28 year. MDU seemed to have a really good thing going that was sustainable through HS, but the player loses this year will probably cause the downhill slide. M&D will continue to add talent has HS nears Md be competitive their name helps in this aspect. Hero’s benefitted for some early additions a couple of years ago and that has helped them attract others. Coppermine is stacked with talent and will continue to dominate unless they somehow self implode.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'd bet my mortgage your oldest kid is a 2028 because you are really off base with some of your takes.
I do agree with you in that the NON-MD teams will improve, 2028 is an anomaly with 6 MD teams in top ten. The other teams will get better.

I don't understand your logic, why will Crush, MDU "bleed" talent, I assume because you are basing off of HS teams. If history is what you are using, why does that not apply to Coppermine?

Crush will survive as long as they decide to stay there, obviously the coach is a huge draw. Maybe they all move on, but not in stone.
MDU lost its biggest piece this summer, other girls will step up. Maybe not enough to stay #6, but they aren't dropping out side of top-15.

All you need is to get into the top tournaments and play in the top two brackets. I don't see that changing for SW or MDU.

You are completely off base about the #17 national team with "1-2 players". MD is a hotbed, these kids play in top HS conferences and many will go D1.

A little example:

Mass Elite Red 2024 finished their Soph summer (last one before commitments) ranked #19 nationally.

They currently have commitments to

BC
Clemson
Notre Dame
Havard
Columbia
UNC
Vandy
Duke
Cuse

Even more extreme, Check-Hers 2024, ranked #30, has commits to

UMBC
Army
Pitt
East Carolina
GMU

MDU and SW even have more impressive track records.

Like Reply Quote
Page 55 of 81 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 80 81
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard