BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,540
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 25 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 24 25
Re: Girls 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to MDU and Integrity at Lax for the Cure!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did everything go at the crabcake? Any surprises?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what will tryouts bring this week? do people think we will have any big surprises/turnover?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
what will tryouts bring this week? do people think we will have any big surprises/turnover?

The top 4 teams will get better. The second tier will lose its stars and pick up some players from Hero's White.

Big X factor is do the top legends players go to SW? Legends is a better team right now, but SW is in the area, plays in better tourneys and has the reputation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The top 4 teams will get better. The second tier will lose its stars and pick up some players from Hero's White.

Big X factor is do the top legends players go to SW? Legends is a better team right now, but SW is in the area, plays in better tourneys and has the reputation.

SW beat Legends in a summer tourney recently but OK. There are maybe 3-4 strong players at Legends and it seems they are trying out all over the place. So who knows.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]what will tryouts bring this week? do people think we will have any big surprises/turnover?

Posted before the first day of tryouts…bunch of malarkey

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]what will tryouts bring this week? do people think we will have any big surprises/turnover?

That statement actually seems fairly true… At least for Heros, which makes sense given their status as national champs. Sounds like not many people are opting for M&D. What about Coppermine and MDU?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s anyones guess at this point how it will work out since tryouts overlap and they aren’t yet finished. Coaches have numbers to work out and offers to be made then accepted creating a domino effect for all. And at the end of the day who really knows what the outcome will be until they all actual meet on the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That statement actually seems fairly true… At least for Heros, which makes sense given their status as national champs. Sounds like not many people are opting for M&D. What about Coppermine and MDU?

This statement is far from true. M&D had almost 90 kids there. From all over, various clubs. I think some kids tried out for Heros because they are the best team but we went to both so far. M&D had bigger numbers and the newer talent seemed better. Heros had a bunch of coppermine kids which was surprising. SW tonight for us as it seems both Heros and M&D will be tough for my kid to make considering neither made her an offer on the spot.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Any 29 goalie's looking for a home?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Advice to all parents of 29's.... stop worrying about who is national champions. National champions of what? the 6th grade? Think bigger picture. How do i position my daughter to be with the RIGHT program when she is in high school. Reputation is king/queen when it comes to recruiting. 6th grade national championships are totally irrelevant and mean absolutely NOTHING. Check program websites to see where the girls from that program are committing too. Yes there is some truth to "if you are good enough they will find you" but it is a heck of a lot easier to be seen if you are with the RIGHT program. Track record and reputation are what matters, not 6th grade national championships. There are 3 dominant players (SW Blue, Heros Green, M&D Black) in recruiting in the Maryland area, everyone else is below them. If your daughter is already on one of those teams and she is committed to playing college lacrosse, have her work her tail off to keep her spot. Trust me when she gets to high school, more and more players are going to be coming for her spot. How do i know? My daughter is on one of those 3 top programs and players come from all over trying to get on the team. Parents think big picture - the recruiting trail is difficult and stressful. If they are good enough to play college lacrosse, you can make it a little bit easier by going to one of those 3 programs. No disrespect intended to other programs and girls that play for them. Just stating reality. Playing college lacrosse is a privilege and doing it at any level is a gift. Perspective is important and ego is criminal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D and Hero's are
Advice to all parents of 29's.... stop worrying about who is national champions. National champions of what? the 6th grade? Think bigger picture. How do i position my daughter to be with the RIGHT program when she is in high school. Reputation is king/queen when it comes to recruiting. 6th grade national championships are totally irrelevant and mean absolutely NOTHING. Check program websites to see where the girls from that program are committing too. Yes there is some truth to "if you are good enough they will find you" but it is a heck of a lot easier to be seen if you are with the RIGHT program. Track record and reputation are what matters, not 6th grade national championships. There are 3 dominant players (SW Blue, Heros Green, M&D Black) in recruiting in the Maryland area, everyone else is below them. If your daughter is already on one of those teams and she is committed to playing college lacrosse, have her work her tail off to keep her spot. Trust me when she gets to high school, more and more players are going to be coming for her spot. How do i know? My daughter is on one of those 3 top programs and players come from all over trying to get on the team. Parents think big picture - the recruiting trail is difficult and stressful. If they are good enough to play college lacrosse, you can make it a little bit easier by going to one of those 3 programs. No disrespect intended to other programs and girls that play for them. Just stating reality. Playing college lacrosse is a privilege and doing it at any level is a gift. Perspective is important and ego is criminal.
More advice to parents. This previous post is from a SW parent trying to con Coppermine parents to moving kids to SW. M&D and Hero's aren't worried by Coppermine's rise, but SW is. This explains all of the shade that people will throw at Coppermine for the next few years. SW is a dying program. It's early in the transition, but it's still dying. Like TLC about 4-5 years ago.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally agree. Heros M&D and Coppermine will continue to be top in this age group and SW parents seemingly cant handle it. Unless SW picked up girls from those programs or the top 3-4 top Legends players they will not be able to hang. Rosters will show how it worked out soon enough.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine parents are delusional if they think they can put themselves in with the top 3 in recruiting. And 6th/7th grade rosters are irrelevant - high school rosters for this group in a couple of years will show how it is working out. Not hating or being personal, just stating fact.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
its a newer program so of course it has not recruited like others. TLC has an amazing reputation for recruitment - so does that mean those girls have a better shot at getting recruited (in 4 ish years mind you) if they go to TLC?
gotta start somewhere and the Coppermine 28 and 29 teams talent will help the program build that reputation as well.
again, are we really talking recruiting when we are dealing with 12/13 year old girls anyway.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TLC has dropped dramatically in recruiting, you can see the drops starts after the 2021 class.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly. Thats my point, things eb and flow and change.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounding like hero’s scooped up all the free agent talent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounding like hero’s scooped up all the free agent talent
Like who?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It also sound like m&d fell apart after they hired their new coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think any of us who have ever been on the sidelines of a game against M&D can understand why. I heard they lost 10 girls after making the new coaching announcement.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of coaching changes seemed to happen among top teams that led to some fallout

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top Coppermine players leaving to go there

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More advice to parents. This previous post is from a SW parent trying to con Coppermine parents to moving kids to SW. M&D and Hero's aren't worried by Coppermine's rise, but SW is. This explains all of the shade that people will throw at Coppermine for the next few years. SW is a dying program. It's early in the transition, but it's still dying. Like TLC about 4-5 years ago.[/quote]

These comments are probably made by a parent of a younger player or a Coppermine parent. SW 25's are getting ready to be recruited top to bottom this fall, the 26's are good, the 27's turned over 5-6 girls at tryouts as did the 28's. 28 SW are already nipping on the heals of the Coppermine team anyway. SW is doing what they always do which is accelerating as their teams head to high school. Now look at Coppermine 25'a, 26,'s, 27's ??? They may have a decent recruit here and there but it will not be like SW. Coppermine 28's are their strongest team and if they can stay together and attract talent as it seems like they did at tryouts that could jump start them in to high level recruiting which is a good thing. There's enough girls playing now that you need more than the traditional three. But Coppermine 29's are decently good - not like the 28's and the 30's are average and just lost key players to M&D and had a 4 girl deep walk off cause of parent coaching. So from middle school up Coppermine has one strong team. No one is "worried" about their "rise".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think any of us who have ever been on the sidelines of a game against M&D can understand why. I heard they lost 10 girls after making the new coaching announcement.

What is so bad about the new coach to cause so many girls to leave?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter plays for another team in NGLL A. This guy has been a disaster for years along with two other M &D dads. Very vocal from the sidelines, a lot of sideline coaching, trying to call where the draw would go etc. It seemed like a distraction for the girls, and quite frankly was inappropriate. I suspect that was the issue but can’t say for certain. Just my observation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter plays for another team in NGLL A. This guy has been a disaster for years along with two other M &D dads. Very vocal from the sidelines, a lot of sideline coaching, trying to call where the draw would go etc. It seemed like a distraction for the girls, and quite frankly was inappropriate. I suspect that was the issue but can’t say for certain. Just my observation.

The HC for the 29 M&D team is a woman, so not sure what this is in reference too. As said earlier, SWB, M&D and Hero’s will all be fine. Coppermine has 1 good team and some parent coaches that have no business coaching. 1 team doesn’t make a club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree and M&D 29 is gonna pay for their new coach, already losing 8-10 girls because of him and having to rebuild a team they have had for years. I believe that they will plummet in the rankings and have many teams pass them, and maybe not even make it to the championship. I also heard that all the new girls that they are planning to the team are not very skilled and do not compare to the girls they lost.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He’s never even played lacrosse before and now he’s coaching a top ranked team. No thanks!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The HC for the 29 M&D team is a woman, so not sure what this is in reference too. As said earlier, SWB, M&D and Hero’s will all be fine. Coppermine has 1 good team and some parent coaches that have no business coaching. 1 team doesn’t make a club.

For M&D, the issue is the recently named assistant coach.

Hearing also that coppermine 29 got a new coach and got rid of the existing parent coaches. Any truth to this? What was the reason?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed. Odd move. RN standing around with a stick like he’s going to jump in the game at a moment’s notice and screaming the whole game. What a bozo.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So where did all the players go? Hero’s m and D Coppermine skywalkers?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hearing also that coppermine 29 got a new coach and got rid of the existing parent coaches. Any truth to this? What was the reason?

Once Coppermine teams reach middle school the philosophy is to hire a non parent head coach and parents stay on as assistant coaches. 29 coach thought he would be the exception and when he wasn’t he quit and took his daughter and her friends with him

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where did the girls go?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard none went to coppermine

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Once Coppermine teams reach middle school the philosophy is to hire a non parent head coach and parents stay on as assistant coaches. 29 coach thought he would be the exception and when he wasn’t he quit and took his daughter and her friends with him

I’m so surprised, said no one.
Narcissist
The girls went to Heros

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like M&D will be just fine... Mid-Atlantic CHAMPS. And improved greatly with the talent they brought in over who they were going to cut or move to Red.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Winners & Losers after try-outs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like M&D will be just fine... Mid-Atlantic CHAMPS. And improved greatly with the talent they brought in over who they were going to cut or move to Red.

lol - keep telling yourself that. They did not improve greatly or at all...they lost starters to Heros, SW & Copp and some of the girls they scrambled to add to the roster are fringe B players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
😂 “Mid-Atlantic Champs” 😂 We all know this is an M&D parent or coach in denial. We can also all see what happened to the rankings of those they played like Eagle Sticks and Yellow Jackets and ACES. M&D should have CRUSHED those teams! This Championship was a given for them, they were a shoe in, and they are over the moon with relief because they actually pulled it off. They know they’re in trouble this season with games that close. It will be interesting to see what they do and if this opens the “Bozo’s” eyes and scares him enough to realize that his daughter isn’t as good as he thinks she is. If he really wants to continue to compete with the better teams, those ranked within the top 10 even, then he will need to focus on developing other girls and play the actual real talent, not his crying daughter the whole game. Talk about Narcissistic! What will he do now that he’s an official coach and not just directing the coaches as a parent anymore? And I also think it will be interesting to see how their new teammates fit in. They took one girl #6 who was cut from Heros while Heros took 3 of their girls who left willingly and before tryouts. I think the parent here says that the other girls they took were going to be cut or they pulled them from red! Sounds like they had 0 talent show up to their tryouts which is not surprising given the news that the sideline Bozo got a coaching position for the team.

Like Reply Quote
Page 17 of 25 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 24 25
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard