BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,329
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 197 of 260 1 2 195 196 197 198 199 259 260
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
There are 2 elite goalies in 2028. 3D GA and the new Madlax Goalie. Size and their ability to lead the D. The rest will play at their local HS. Some of the True Chesapeake D coming with him. They are tough. Move over Madlax scoopers.

Translation: you need to go all the way to Georgia to find a goalie as good as my kid.
Nice job insulting all the local 2028 goalies, and all the local HS players, and your sons new D players, all in one swing. Maybe the post of the year.
Madlax definitely got something.
His team finished in like second to last place in HoCo even with their flyins, and he gave up third most goals in the league. But somehow he’s one of the top two goalies in America.. He’s been nothing but less than average since he got to Madlax this summer. Looks like he’s a double holdback too, shows up on East Side 2026 roster from 2020 when you Google his name.

Could very well be the post of the year on BOTC. This clown managed to insult basically his entire new team, as well as every other 2028 goalie in America.. then again, pretty sure Cabell Maddux will take anyone. Perfect harmony over there in Madlax Land.

Thanks for the update former Madlax goalie dad!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are 2 elite goalies in 2028. 3D GA and the new Madlax Goalie. Size and their ability to lead the D. The rest will play at their local HS. Some of the True Chesapeake D coming with him. They are tough. Move over Madlax scoopers.

Translation: you need to go all the way to Georgia to find a goalie as good as my kid.
Nice job insulting all the local 2028 goalies, and all the local HS players, and your sons new D players, all in one swing. Maybe the post of the year.
His team finished in like second to last place in HoCo even with their flyins, and he gave up third most goals in the league. But somehow he’s one of the top two goalies in America.. He’s been nothing but less than average since he got to Madlax this summer. Looks like he’s a double holdback too, shows up on East Side 2026 roster from 2020 when you Google his name.

Could very well be the post of the year on BOTC. This clown managed to insult basically his entire new team, as well as every other 2028 goalie in America.. then again, pretty sure Cabell Maddux will take anyone. Perfect harmony over there in Madlax Land.

BOTC participants had an agreement not to talk about specific kids. This doesn’t seem to apply to goalies. As the parent of a goalie, I sure hope my son doesn’t come on this forum. Let’s clean this stuff up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As for goalies....I don't see any openings at goalie on Elite teams. 91 goalie can probably start at FCA Blue or maybe a lower team; then 91 would have an opening at goalie. I'm sure FCA Blue will filter more kids down to White team. Some of those parents wouldn't be able to take being labeled on the "B" team and would rather be a playmaker somewhere else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BOTC participants had an agreement not to talk about specific kids. This doesn’t seem to apply to goalies. As the parent of a goalie, I sure hope my son doesn’t come on this forum. Let’s clean this stuff up.

if your son is a 2028 goalie, and he came on this forum, I bet he would be happy to see how many people called baloney on the Madlax goalie Dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

if your son is a 2028 goalie, and he came on this forum, I bet he would be happy to see how many people called baloney on the Madlax goalie Dad.

Or a local HS goalie, or a D like on Madlax, also known as “scoopers” according to True goalie dad. Managed to insult a lot of people all at once, can’t imagine what fellow parents at True have to say about this clown

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As for goalies....I don't see any openings at goalie on Elite teams. 91 goalie can probably start at FCA Blue or maybe a lower team; then 91 would have an opening at goalie. I'm sure FCA Blue will filter more kids down to White team. Some of those parents wouldn't be able to take being labeled on the "B" team and would rather be a playmaker somewhere else.

There are always openings for good goalies. And if 2028 parents weren't familiar with kids playing down before they will be in 8th grade year as MIAA parents jockey to position their special kids before HS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs have a tournament after try-outs? How many existing crabs will be cut?

Crabs want to cut half their team.

Not sure if they will get that many kids to show up who are upgrades though.

I do know they are casting a wide net for kids to come though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where do they practice?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where do they practice?
They have already told players new players will be joining them in CT this weekend and will be in the team after.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where do they practice?
They have already told players new players will be joining them in CT this weekend and will be in the team after.

That's a sad fact if it's a lot of kids. Saw the new coaches for next year will be two college-age kids.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where do they practice?

That's a sad fact if it's a lot of kids. Saw the new coaches for next year will be two college-age kids.
Why do parents pay $5-6k per year to these club directories to have college or recent college graduates coaching their boys? It’s just nuts…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This new MadLax goalie Dad (or whomever is on here promoting him) has now insulted all the other goalies at Naptown, local HS goalies, and his own teammate. Good goalies respect each other. And I watched junior play one half at Naptown, and in that particular half I don’t recall him making a single save, and his team lost by one. Just curious, why is he leaving True Chesapeake?
This could easily just be Cabell or one of his minions trying to keep this team together. From shoving an official in Vail to quitting in Naptown, you have to wonder when the lacrosse community/families finally says enough is enough with CM's antics (apparently never). This, along with his email claiming that every big name coach in the area not affiliated with a club program is now involved with the 28s, has moved my reaction from 'how pathetic' to 'aww how cute.' By the way, all of those coaches listed either have no idea their name is being listed or have specifically said no.

I hadn't heard about a list of coaches. You mean that Cabell is emailing his own team that other big name coaches will be helping coach MadLax? can someone share the list of coaches?
My son’s best friend is on Madlax, he said there were no less than 10 kids one foot out the door a week ago, and Cabell stepped down as coach in hopes of preventing that. Told them he is going to bring “guest coaches” through on a regular basis at practice, and they include head coaches from Gonzaga, St John’s, Prep, St Anne’s Belfield, and Landon. Know for fact one of them had no idea he was being used as one of Cabell’s props. Another one just announced he’ll be coaching at his competitor, BLC (2030 age group).

This was the only outcome that was possible and most of us saw it 3 or 4 years ago. CM is a disaster and the parents let it happen,.

sounds like a mess. where are those ten players going to try out?

LOL 10 guys walking out of an elite team don't saunter off to tryouts to see what happens next. Dads have made sure they have somewhere to go. Tryouts...yeah right.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where do they practice?

Why do parents pay $5-6k per year to these club directories to have college or recent college graduates coaching their boys? It’s just nuts…
It's all about wearing the yellow helmet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where do they practice?

It's all about wearing the yellow helmet.

Got that right...And it does come with recognition from peers and bigtime bragging rights !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In all honesty....how can you not know and accept this, by this point?

The best MD clubs at the HS level recruit who they want, any state, 5-10 new kids per year and rarely add more than a few kids they don't know, as a result of the tryouts.

If you believed the promise that paying 5+ years of elite youth lax dues would either develop your son's skill to keep his spot at the club in HS, or otherwise entitle him to a spot on that club's team in HS, you are mistaken. Now they'll probably not cut him, and take your money. But if there's a double holdbsck from MA with elite skills available for the next tourney, your son will absolutely sit. Time to mentally adjust to that reality.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Crabs have a tournament after try-outs? How many existing crabs will be cut?

Where do they practice?

That's a sad fact if it's a lot of kids. Saw the new coaches for next year will be two college-age kids.[/quote
Guest players from what clubs? How many?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In all honesty....how can you not know and accept this, by this point?

The best MD clubs at the HS level recruit who they want, any state, 5-10 new kids per year and rarely add more than a few kids they don't know, as a result of the tryouts.

If you believed the promise that paying 5+ years of elite youth lax dues would either develop your son's skill to keep his spot at the club in HS, or otherwise entitle him to a spot on that club's team in HS, you are mistaken. Now they'll probably not cut him, and take your money. But if there's a double holdbsck from MA with elite skills available for the next tourney, your son will absolutely sit. Time to mentally adjust to that reality.

No team adds 10 kids a year im high school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting to hear MadLax got beat by Freedom again 7-2. Which made me look at USClub Lax and I noticed MadLax played (and beat) FCA National the week before.

Who is FCA national?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let the try out season begin. Hearing secret spots have already been secured.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let the try out season begin. Hearing secret spots have already been secured.

Shocking news.

Thank you for this post.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next Level 2028 is scary good.

Now that sounds scary, bragging about a scary team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

they are okay, but I don't think they are scaring the pants off of anybody.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cool story, NL dad.

No one else is thinking let along talking about this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many holdbacks from other clubs at Crabs try-outs tonight?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We’ve been on a team without a lot of turnover so can someone remind me if it’s normal to have a tournament after tryouts for the next year’s team? Maybe that’s normal and it just wasn’t notable, but with some of the reshuffling that seems to be going on it seems like that could create some weird situations this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We’ve been on a team without a lot of turnover so can someone remind me if it’s normal to have a tournament after tryouts for the next year’s team? Maybe that’s normal and it just wasn’t notable, but with some of the reshuffling that seems to be going on it seems like that could create some weird situations this year.

I wouldn't call it normal, but I can see how it happens. Every year teams hold tryouts earlier and earlier, trying to get a jump on each other. They used to be August, but now are mostly July. Plus, "guest players" are a common occurrence at summer tournaments. So it is inevitable that tryouts and summer tournaments will bleed into each other. Of course there are wierd situations. Welcome to middle school travel lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The comment that NL is "scary good" was 2-3 years ago, and it was a bit of a stretch both then and now. Not sure why somebody would resurrect a silly comment from so long ago.

But anyhow, things could get interesting for NL with MadLax supposedly imploding, and DCE trying to make a mediocre BLC team into an elite team. Those three teams pull from the same pool, so I wonder what they will look like in September.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The comment that NL is "scary good" was 2-3 years ago, and it was a bit of a stretch both then and now. Not sure why somebody would resurrect a silly comment from so long ago.

But anyhow, things could get interesting for NL with MadLax supposedly imploding, and DCE trying to make a mediocre BLC team into an elite team. Those three teams pull from the same pool, so I wonder what they will look like in September.

I feel like the DMV area for 2028 has had issues every season....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The core of NL is staying, and there are supposed to be a lot of other elite players trying out. At least that’s what my 13 year old says…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is not what my 13 year old is hearing. Because of N’s less than stellar year, they are now in play for poaching to other clubs, including, gasp, ML.

It is a total mess and it is anyone’s guess what is going to happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any updates on Crabs try outs? Hearing the talent is not what parents expected.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is not what my 13 year old is hearing. Because of N’s less than stellar year, they are now in play for poaching to other clubs, including, gasp, ML.

Gonna be lots of churn this summer. Madlax losing a bunch, NL likely losing a bunch. DC Express building from scratch. Madlax offering free to NL kids to convince them to do the unimaginable… play for Madlax. In the end, Madlax will likely remain the top DMV team, but I’d expect to see DC Express move past NL. NL the big lost

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree with you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gonna be lots of churn this summer. Madlax losing a bunch, NL likely losing a bunch. DC Express building from scratch. Madlax offering free to NL kids to convince them to do the unimaginable… play for Madlax. In the end, Madlax will likely remain the top DMV team, but I’d expect to see DC Express move past NL. NL the big lost

"free" is a great selling point for some things in life, but not travel lacrosse. Nobody is going to put their son on a team that is a dumpster fire just because it is free.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax is going to suffer from the same root cause of its problems: the coach. He is giving himself a new title (GM) hoping that parents and players will fall for it.

DCE is recruiting heavily but it’s pulling from the same DMV pool of players, so unless they get the best from ML and NL, then it’s just BLC with a new name and new coaches. (Coaches look like they have good resumes though)

NL is keeping its core players and has over 85 signed up for tryouts. Remains to be seen how many top players from other clubs come over.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who says DCE won't just be Hit Squad, who did more the NL, ML and BLC could individually? I think other than 2 or 3 Freedom players and 1 FCA player they were just NL, BLC and some randoms.

I have no inside knowledge, but it seems like all 3 of the existing squads have negative connotations while DCE is new and in the same pool. If I were to take my kid to one (we won't, he's in Baltimore), it would be DCE.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is NL having so much negative talk? Guessing i need to look on previous pages..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"free" is a great selling point for some things in life, but not travel lacrosse. Nobody is going to put their son on a team that is a dumpster fire just because it is free.
Any kid playing for free is a “rental.” He will leave at the first opportunity to improve his standing. Typical of Cabbell Maddux

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax is going to suffer from the same root cause of its problems: the coach. He is giving himself a new title (GM) hoping that parents and players will fall for it.

DCE is recruiting heavily but it’s pulling from the same DMV pool of players, so unless they get the best from ML and NL, then it’s just BLC with a new name and new coaches. (Coaches look like they have good resumes though)

NL is keeping its core players and has over 85 signed up for tryouts. Remains to be seen how many top players from other clubs come over.
NL is going to be the biggest lost in the Fall. Hands down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is NL having so much negative talk? Guessing i need to look on previous pages..

last year's champs crashed to 3-4 and missed the Hoco playoffs, haven't done much in the summer tourneys. People not happy with coaching, head coach is juggling multiple age groups, a HS team, and for some reason just launched a national team. Adding new players randomly. At other age groups (2026, 2030) people have taken notes that at any time 10 or more new players poached from other programs can result in a player who's accepted an offer and paid for the year being unceremoniously pushed to the B team, and that same scenario could definitely happen for the 2028 team. There's only so much of that behavior that people will put up with before they leave.

Like Reply Quote
Page 197 of 260 1 2 195 196 197 198 199 259 260
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard