BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,819
Posts388,399
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 32 of 64 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 63 64
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Saw National LC play against my son's team at Naptown. They were everything I had heard they were. Just a machine. Lot of big kids out there, but I didn't see any baby giraffes running around out there. If those boys are true 2029's, then good on them. Lots of good lacrosse to be played in the future. If they're not, shame on their parents and coaches for playing them down. Either way excited for the new age rules. If the older kids are truly great, they should have no trouble making a 2028 squad. At the very least they got their last hurrah this summer playing against younger kids.

As an aside, my son's regular club team's goalie has been reclassed twice. For three years most of us believed he was this athletic prodigy. Come to find out, he's not eligible to play with us next year. As a 2029, he's an excellent goalie, if he's a true 2028 or 2027, not that impressive. Takes the reps away from a kid who could benefit from developing with kids his age. Youth lacrosse could benefit from taking a page out of youth soccer's play book. Don't get me wrong, youth soccer has its issues, but age verification and rostering/guest player rules are light years ahead of youth lacrosse.
Anyone know how many kids the Hawks/Madlax/NL will lose to the 2028 teams due to age?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From the massive amount of social media around this team it appears they have 30 kids on the roster. Just getting at least 10-12 kids ready to ride the bench on those 50 kid private school rosters. Nice job Dad…hope you enjoy your shmedium T shirt

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that we have all the stuff above squared away. What tournies are everyone else i?

It’s kinda quiet this weekend but there are 2 tournaments taking place in Pennsylvania

True Baltimore Black, Team 91 and ML Capital all play in the NXT Cup AA Division. Carroll Manor and Hawks Black will have a tough challenge at Hogan Hershey. Good luck to all the teams that play this weekend

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As the season is coming to an end here are the current, top 10, Maryland Rankings. Hawks and Next Level definitely belong at the top. True Chesapeake, FCA, and LTLC are top 3,4, and 5 and can easily be interchanged in my opinion if they go head to head. Who knows what the outcome will be. The bottom 5 out 10 are exactly that. Interesting to see how age verification will impact this list next year. I am sure every top team will be losing some players. (numbers represent where they rank nationally)

3 Annapolis Hawks Green (2029)
9 Next Level 2029

11 FCA MD 2029
42 True Chesapeake (2029)
45 LTLC Legends 2029

81 Saltwater South (2029)
112 Bethesda LC 2029 Blue
117 True Baltimore Black (2029)
119 Kelly Post Grey (2029)
121 Predators MD (2029)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw National LC play against my son's team at Naptown. They were everything I had heard they were. Just a machine. Lot of big kids out there, but I didn't see any baby giraffes running around out there. If those boys are true 2029's, then good on them. Lots of good lacrosse to be played in the future. If they're not, shame on their parents and coaches for playing them down. Either way excited for the new age rules. If the older kids are truly great, they should have no trouble making a 2028 squad. At the very least they got their last hurrah this summer playing against younger kids.

As an aside, my son's regular club team's goalie has been reclassed twice. For three years most of us believed he was this athletic prodigy. Come to find out, he's not eligible to play with us next year. As a 2029, he's an excellent goalie, if he's a true 2028 or 2027, not that impressive. Takes the reps away from a kid who could benefit from developing with kids his age. Youth lacrosse could benefit from taking a page out of youth soccer's play book. Don't get me wrong, youth soccer has its issues, but age verification and rostering/guest player rules are light years ahead of youth lacrosse.
Anyone know how many kids the Hawks/Madlax/NL will lose to the 2028 teams due to age?

Based on conversations I have had, neither hawks or madlax have any who fall into this category. And while some believe strongly that next level has at least one, I do not think that will be the case either.

FCA allegedly has one or two. True has one maybe two.

But until someone proves they are gonna enforce these rules no one should care.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"But until someone proves they are gonna enforce these rules no one should care." Really, I guess then there is no integrity. I am assuming that you live by the rule if you don't get caught it's not cheating.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My 2029 recently decided he wants to put his energy/focus into lacrosse. He's been playing with a club for about 5 years and has recently played for a national team. As he's beginning to network with more kids, I'm noticing that some of these kids are rostered on more than 1 regional club in their area. Is that a thing and if so, how does it work? We're thinking about leaving his current club because it lacks opportunities for development, but I'd be willing to keep him rostered with them as a secondary team, I'm just wondering if that's a common thing before I approach the club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My 2029 recently decided he wants to put his energy/focus into lacrosse. He's been playing with a club for about 5 years and has recently played for a national team. As he's beginning to network with more kids, I'm noticing that some of these kids are rostered on more than 1 regional club in their area. Is that a thing and if so, how does it work? We're thinking about leaving his current club because it lacks opportunities for development, but I'd be willing to keep him rostered with them as a secondary team, I'm just wondering if that's a common thing before I approach the club.

Probably depends on the player. Being rostered on multiple teams in same area only makes sense if tournament schedules don’t overlap. You can’t be on multiple rosters for HOCO so you would have to pick one for that , then if tournaments conflict seems like it would just be a waste of $. If player is good enough and team two is willing to cut a special deal for you then sure why not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As the season is coming to an end here are the current, top 10, Maryland Rankings. Hawks and Next Level definitely belong at the top. True Chesapeake, FCA, and LTLC are top 3,4, and 5 and can easily be interchanged in my opinion if they go head to head. Who knows what the outcome will be. The bottom 5 out 10 are exactly that. Interesting to see how age verification will impact this list next year. I am sure every top team will be losing some players. (numbers represent where they rank nationally)

9 Next Level 2029

11 FCA MD 2029
45 LTLC Legends 2029

121 Predators MD (2029)

Hawks definitely #1
Next Level #2

3-5....let's remember that LTLC does not exist anymore. Crabs 2029 is now in play. They already had 4-5 guest players playing with them this summer and hearing that there is a lot of turnover within LTLC coming with that transition.

If age verification goes through both True and FCA would lose one big piece of there offense from last season from what I have been told.

6-10....what the heck has happened to Predators and True Baltimore Black? After having success and winning the 2029 AAA division of HOCO, Preds has had a tough summer. Just lost to Team Money 2029 this past weekend who didn't win one game in AAA this spring.

Year after year it amazes me the difference in talent, skill level, and coaching between the Elite Teams and the AAA division. Very interested to see if Team 91 MD gets bumped to AAA or if they hold.

Hearing that VLC's best player may be leaving and could have others following as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Based on conversations I have had, neither hawks or madlax have any who fall into this category. And while some believe strongly that next level has at least one, I do not think that will be the case either.

FCA has four that are openly known. Based on the substantial # of holdbacks on both 2028 ML and Hawks from multiple states, I can't imagine their 2029 teams have NONE/ZERO. But maybe that's true. We all know the "holdbacks are no big deal" parents don't openly admit that they held back their sons for lax....until their son makes varsity.

What I'm interested in seeing is how this shakes up the CT/RI/MA clubs (notably S2S, 4 Leaf and Laxachusetts) whose kids play down without even re-classing in middle school, on the pretext that they WILL reclass in the future at some point. That scenario ranks up there with double holdbacks as "reasons that age based lax finally showed up."

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

9 Next Level 2029

11 FCA MD 2029
45 LTLC Legends 2029

121 Predators MD (2029)

Hawks definitely #1
Next Level #2

3-5....let's remember that LTLC does not exist anymore. Crabs 2029 is now in play. They already had 4-5 guest players playing with them this summer and hearing that there is a lot of turnover within LTLC coming with that transition.

If age verification goes through both True and FCA would lose one big piece of there offense from last season from what I have been told.

6-10....what the heck has happened to Predators and True Baltimore Black? After having success and winning the 2029 AAA division of HOCO, Preds has had a tough summer. Just lost to Team Money 2029 this past weekend who didn't win one game in AAA this spring.

Year after year it amazes me the difference in talent, skill level, and coaching between the Elite Teams and the AAA division. Very interested to see if Team 91 MD gets bumped to AAA or if they hold.

Hearing that VLC's best player may be leaving and could have others following as well.

Hawks could be number one just need to cut the st Mary’s ball hog kids. Team be better off. Win as team lose when we play ball hog.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FCA has four that are openly known. Based on the substantial # of holdbacks on both 2028 ML and Hawks from multiple states, I can't imagine their 2029 teams have NONE/ZERO. But maybe that's true. We all know the "holdbacks are no big deal" parents don't openly admit that they held back their sons for lax....until their son makes varsity.

What I'm interested in seeing is how this shakes up the CT/RI/MA clubs (notably S2S, 4 Leaf and Laxachusetts2) whose kids play down without even re-classing in middle school, on the pretext that they WILL reclass in the future at some point. That scenario ranks up there with double holdbacks as "reasons that age based lax finally showed up."

For clarification....FCA has only 2 on the 2029 team (Attack / Goalie)
True has 2 on the 2029 team as well (Midfield / Defense)
...............have a hard time believing that Madlax, Hawks, and NL don't have any......but not 100% sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

9 Next Level 2029

11 FCA MD 2029
45 LTLC Legends 2029

121 Predators MD (2029)

Hawks definitely #1
Next Level #2

So LTLC is officially gone now? So glad we got out earlier then.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

9 Next Level 2029

11 FCA MD 2029
45 LTLC Legends 2029

121 Predators MD (2029)

Hawks definitely #1
Next Level #2

So LTLC is officially gone now? So glad we got out earlier then.

Sons friend plays for LTLC. From what he told me, they are officially migrating over to Crabs. They will practice on LTLC fields and play in HOCO as LTLC, but will be playing in tournaments as Crabs. Like any transition, sounds like some people are excited for the transition and that some people are jumping ship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LTLC is not gone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA does have at least 2 holdbacks. They will add new players like always, but I think they will also be adding a white team. So some kids that jump ship from other teams may be infor a surprise. They are keeping the same "dad" coaches which are fine in my opinion. If it works why fix it. Curious to see what players jump to FCA from other teams or if FCA is recruiting at all. There has been talk about players missing playing time however, seemed to be calmed down with the new rule.

Team 91, not sure what to make about this. Wonder if they will still be in the elite division

LTLC does exist for next season their tryouts are listed. Just saw that Crabs does not have a 2029 tryout on their list anymore. LTLC/Crabs will just play a lot more games as both teams from what it seems like. After next year that is a different story.

Yes Crabs played in tournaments this summer as crabs with 95% LTLC players and the rest guest players. Nothing secretive about that. Just look at the tournaments played this month. As for movement I am sure some kids will leave but just as many kids will be cut.

The True Baltimore teams will regroup and have a better team and a not so good 2nd team. As long as they can field 2 teams for the $$$$ they will have 2 mediocre teams with on slightly better than the other. Saw both teams play in tournies this summer and made me question how bad Hoco AAA really was.

At this age, kids and PARENTS need to realize that their kid might not be the best or be the most coachable kid. With all teams, starting from this season on, it's those players that develop, give their best effort, and realize that they won't get what they want all the time are those that will succeed. Hard work pays off. Also those parents on the side line that coach their kids and complain about the team and think they no more about what their kid is doing on the field than the coaches. Your not helping you kid just making things worse for them. All teams have this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LTLC is hosting tryouts soon. I think they will compete quite well this year and if a said transition happens it might be good for players. Part of the deal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LTLC is hosting tryouts soon. I think they will compete quite well this year and if a said transition happens it might be good for players. Part of the deal.

Club Lacrosse has done to lacrosse what Club Soccer did to soccer. Stopped the growth .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What I'm interested in seeing is how this shakes up the CT/RI/MA clubs (notably S2S, 4 Leaf and Laxachusetts) whose kids play down without even re-classing in middle school, on the pretext that they WILL reclass in the future at some point. That scenario ranks up there with double holdbacks as "reasons that age based lax finally showed up."

Hahaha.... "FCA has four that are openly known".... Hahaha.... this is why I love reading BOTC... lots of dad's acting like old spinsters spreading gossip as if its fact. FCA has exactly two players (one starter) that are impacted.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry folks you won’t see any kids from 29 hawks or madlax leaving because of age. Don’t think FCA LTLC and NL can say the same

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t think FCA OR LTLC are hiding any. We know they have some.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, NL has a starting attackman who can leave due to age…to play with the 2030s because he’s still 11. Don’t think Madlax or hawks can say the same.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good one NL dad, but yes they can.
But keep avoiding the topic of holdbacks on your 29 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard HoCo is adopting the new age rules. Can anyone confirm? If so, next spring will be interesting and I expect it will be more broadly adopted.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Completely agree. Once youth sports could be monetized under the umbrella of creating elite athletes everyone started to jump ship. Rec. Councils not only in Maryland but around the country are stopping their youth engagement earlier and earlier because of the social and psychological influence of the club sport being the be all and standard for getting a sports scholarship and being elite. Yes clubs have a place, but so do rec programs. One day there will be limited to no local rec progams for kids to participate and enjoy the game. The club system has made the sport elitist and provided and false sense of entitlement for parents and kids. My kid does play club because there is no place of oppotunity to play at a level where he belongs. Also he has friends in middle school who are inspired to play and have no where to go and no resources. #Shrinkingthegame. #mykidplaysclub.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hahaha.... "FCA has four that are openly known".... Hahaha.... this is why I love reading BOTC... lots of dad's acting like old spinsters spreading gossip as if its fact. FCA has exactly two players (one starter) that are impacted.

And you know this due to the inherent transparency and radical candor of holdback parents? Or because you're on the FCA staff , Looking at birthdays, and policing BOTC?

More importantly, are you counting the kids who did late start kindergarten.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guess you will all find out who is telling the truth after tryouts and the new teams are formed.
But while on the birthdate/holdback topic. I watched a 2029 game today in which a player on one of the teams was taller than the ref as well as both of his coaches. The ref was 6ft tall. This was 2029, before 99.999% of boys hit puberty. He took the face offs against normal size 29s and won them all. He scored, they put a pole in his hand and put him on defense end of the game where he hurt a kid. Parents on his team quiet as a mouse the whole game. Parents on the other team not believing what they are watching. 2029 players, and this kids taller than my 15 yr old with just as much leg hair. Coaches high fiving him after he scored. Age base teams can’t get here fast enough.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guess you will all find out who is telling the truth after tryouts and the new teams are formed.
But while on the birthdate/holdback topic. I watched a 2029 game today in which a player on one of the teams was taller than the ref as well as both of his coaches. The ref was 6ft tall. This was 2029, before 99.999% of boys hit puberty. He took the face offs against normal size 29s and won them all. He scored, they put a pole in his hand and put him on defense end of the game where he hurt a kid. Parents on his team quiet as a mouse the whole game. Parents on the other team not believing what they are watching. 2029 players, and this kids taller than my 15 yr old with just as much leg hair. Coaches high fiving him after he scored. Age base teams can’t get here fast enough.

If this is true, why not call out the team in question? Otherwise just seems like a made up story to further fuel the flames on this topic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wah. No kids are allowed to be taller than my kid. Wah. Unless you know the kid was actually older, you are just a whiner who is having a hard time coping with defeat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wah. No kids are allowed to be taller than my kid. Wah. Unless you know the kid was actually older, you are just a whiner who is having a hard time coping with defeat.
Says the one whose kid has to go back to his on age team in a month.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In all seriousness, the parents of holdbacks should really keep an eye on their kids mental health. I have a feeling some of these kids going to their age level will be in for a rude awakening and won’t be able to handle the competition they are not use to. They won’t be able to handle not being number 1 and won’t be able to handle possibly not making a team of their choice. This won’t be all cases but some will have to deal with this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And you know this due to the inherent transparency and radical candor of holdback parents? Or because you're on the FCA staff , Looking at birthdays, and policing BOTC?

I'm commenting as an FCA parent who has been informed of the two players who are impacted by age verification. Our club doesn't play games. The coaching staff is transparent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm commenting as an FCA parent who has been informed of the two players who are impacted by age verification. Our club doesn't play games. The coaching staff is transparent.

Says the one whose kid has to go back to his on age team in a month.

My boys previously played on a team with an extremely large player. He is a legit 2029. 6' tall probably 160lbs. going into 7th grade. Dad is 6'8". I told his Dad he needs to bring a birth certificate to games just so families know he's not cheating.

Middle school is tough. Many kids hit puberty early. My kid is later.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sad that bringing a birth certificate even needs to be mentioned. I’ve seen big kids with big parents and big kids with small parents. If you think lacrosse kids are big then stay away from elite youth basketball. My 7th grader played against a 6’8” 13yr old kid dunking over everyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This would never be a problem if adults would stop cheating a system. Honesty is out the window and anything for an advantage is the new norm. It’s the expectations we have set for the next generation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryouts for a lot of teams start this weekend..............should be interesting to see what teams fold, what teams improve, etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard true did a complete overhaul. Tons of kids from other programs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which true?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was told FCA is trying to field a 2nd team at the 2029 level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard true did a complete overhaul. Tons of kids from other programs

Kids from which teams? Or do you just like spreading vague rumors?

Like Reply Quote
Page 32 of 64 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 63 64
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard