Originally Posted by Anonymous
Saw National LC play against my son's team at Naptown. They were everything I had heard they were. Just a machine. Lot of big kids out there, but I didn't see any baby giraffes running around out there. If those boys are true 2029's, then good on them. Lots of good lacrosse to be played in the future. If they're not, shame on their parents and coaches for playing them down. Either way excited for the new age rules. If the older kids are truly great, they should have no trouble making a 2028 squad. At the very least they got their last hurrah this summer playing against younger kids.

As an aside, my son's regular club team's goalie has been reclassed twice. For three years most of us believed he was this athletic prodigy. Come to find out, he's not eligible to play with us next year. As a 2029, he's an excellent goalie, if he's a true 2028 or 2027, not that impressive. Takes the reps away from a kid who could benefit from developing with kids his age. Youth lacrosse could benefit from taking a page out of youth soccer's play book. Don't get me wrong, youth soccer has its issues, but age verification and rostering/guest player rules are light years ahead of youth lacrosse.
Anyone know how many kids the Hawks/Madlax/NL will lose to the 2028 teams due to age?