BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,579
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
Re: Boys 2031 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does your son like his current team? Good coaches? Having fun? Does your son like playing the game? Is the team competitive relative to your son's skill level? If so, then why leave? Re-evaluate those questions year-to-year. If your son is good enough to make a top tier high school team when he gets to that age, he will make it. If you son is already in one of those programs that has top level high school teams and a new kid shows up who is better, that new kid will take your son's spot, regardless of how long your kid has been there.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Looking for some advice from some people with older sons.

Looking to leave LTLC to tryout for Preds, True, FCA, or 91. Have enjoyed LTLC, but not a fan of what they seem to be doing with there older teams as they reach middle school. How can a viable club program that is competing against the 91's, FCA's, and Crabs at the younger levels just decide to bail on their 7th and 8th grade teams and merge with Crabs?

So my question for those with older kids....have you seen this happen before? And any advice people can share on Preds, True, FCA or 91 - 2031 teams?

Having seen and been through it (Kelly Post) with my older sons.......I would say that "rec" clubs are great up until 5th grade. Once you get to 5th grade I would recommend making the switch if your son is loving the game. If not, you will be left behind quickly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So from what I am hearing is that the Wolfpack rumors are true! I heard coach told team last week. Will be interested to see where all those players go. Top players will be with Crabs but Crabs can take only so many WP players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So from what I am hearing is that the Wolfpack rumors are true! I heard coach told team last week. Will be interested to see where all those players go. Top players will be with Crabs but Crabs can take only so many WP players.
This isn’t the only big hoco news coming out of the long weekend either…

Billy_mays_but_wait_there’s_more.gif

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Could you please elaborate?!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your response is worthless without info. WWI

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s the other news??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dont hold back now.. no one else has on here!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s a notable coaching change. I see a connection to the other big news in this thread. But that’s just my guess based on how these programs seem to work and the intel I have. I’ll let people associated with that team confirm it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks have also moved on.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s a notable coaching change. I see a connection to the other big news in this thread. But that’s just my guess based on how these programs seem to work and the intel I have. I’ll let people associated with that team confirm it.

Not going to happen. Rumor mill.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two things about the LTLC comments. You have the right to tryout for which ever team you would like. However with that being said you also have to expect a few things. The earlier you get into the club system does not guarantee that you will stay with that team. You can be cut at any time. You will be expected to pay a lot more money to possibly be on a really bad team. Just look at team 91 at all years under 8th grade. Why are you worried about where your kid is playing in 5 th grade and what is happening at the older teams. Not all teams will jump to crabs. Crabs does not have a 2029 team. The transition of the LTLC team is a rare situation. Caution with the swag marketing and social influence when picking a team. If your kid wants to wear the swag find a helmet on sideline swap and let him play with that. Look at all the Rec programs in the Maryland area. They are being depleted because of false hopes and dreams private teams promise. LTLC has produced some of the top players present and past in lax history. Yes I am a supporter of LTLC. The problem that is occurring at the 6th 7th and 8th grade levels is that tournaments that are more competitive will not give a “rec/club” programs a serious look or even an invitation to their tournaments because of that. Do as you may but do it for the right reasons. Riding the pibe on an elite team is still riding the pibe.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs does not have a 29 team. That is my LTLC is in the discussion. They have a team at every other level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bottom half of the crabs will be sent packing to make room for the new wolfpack kids. Probably just 7-8 kids at most.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not going to happen. Rumor mill.
Removed the coach and asst coach names from website

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The WP Dad sure got quiet in here, anyone seen him?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like there’s a new club in AAC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WHAT IS IT???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs does not have a 29 team. That is my LTLC is in the discussion. They have a team at every other level.

Not sure why we are talking about 2029 teams in the 2031 discussion, but Crabs 100% has a 2029 team. The LTLC 2029 team, which has been a competitive team, is migrating over to Crabs 2029 this year. They will be playing in HOCO as LTLC, but tournaments as Crabs 2029......specifically so that they can play in the crabs events (Crabsfeast, NLF Championship, etc.). They are actually playing in both of these events this summer. Guessing there will be some turnover (cuts and people who don't want what Crabs offers) and then some who are excited about more commitment, better coaches, etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this about your boy’s getting beat (unless you’re ML) by boys from 3 elementary schools or about whether you were behind the plot?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yea u are correct. However crabs does not have a season long crabs team this year or next. You are correct that LTLC will play as both. The reason I mentioned it here was because I don’t think it will happen to all the LTLC Teams and parents to start jumping ship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this about your boy’s getting beat (unless you’re ML) by boys from 3 elementary schools or about whether you were behind the plot?

You forgot to mention the difference in club fees and the $1,500 car magnets that all of the teams that beat WP this year get to put on their SUVs! Come on WP, Dad. Step it up. How are you going to save the team with effort like this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is HOCO staying age based or grade based?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's going aged based for the 29's and below.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NLF has gone aged based, but HOCO has not ruled on it just yet. All the local clubs are waiting for HOCO's decision on it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NLF has gone aged based, but HOCO has not ruled on it just yet. All the local clubs are waiting for HOCO's decision on it.

Just got an email from our club that HoCo and the club are following the June 1st cutoff age based rules and to plan accordingly for tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just got an email from our club that HoCo and the club are following the June 1st cutoff age based rules and to plan accordingly for tryouts.
Who is the club?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who is the club?
Elite divisions will stay grade base. All others will be age base.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who is the club?

That seems unlikely as many teams don't know if they will be in Elite until March. There must be an email from HoCo with next year's rules someone can share.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You forgot to mention the difference in club fees and the $1,500 car magnets that all of the teams that beat WP this year get to put on their SUVs! Come on WP, Dad. Step it up. How are you going to save the team with effort like this?
There is nothing to be saved as the rumors are true. So are you just a dad from a random club not aware of what happened and are here to make yourself good about the money you've paid over the past 3 years to beat a team with kids from total of 3 elementary schools in rural Harford County a total of 1x? Congrats on that win and never having to worry about getting beaten in the rematch. If you're affiliated with crabs, are you trying to show the new families coming over to the club the real character of folks in the crabs org?

I'm not sure who I'm dealing with here so not sure what you want me to say.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who is the club?
My understanding of the hoco email was that ALL divisions are age based. The grade issue is: if a boy qualifies as on age for 5th grade team but is in 6th grade, they must play 6th grade. 5th graders who don't qualify on age would have to play as 6th graders.

Though if anybody has the actual text of the email and can post it, we can stop speculating.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is nothing to be saved as the rumors are true. So are you just a dad from a random club not aware of what happened and are here to make yourself good about the money you've paid over the past 3 years to beat a team with kids from total of 3 elementary schools in rural Harford County a total of 1x? Congrats on that win and never having to worry about getting beaten in the rematch. If you're affiliated with crabs, are you trying to show the new families coming over to the club the real character of folks in the crabs org?

I'm not sure who I'm dealing with here so not sure what you want me to say.

Easy there Karen, all will be well tomorrow after little joe joe gets an email saying he can tryout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yea u are correct. However crabs does not have a season long crabs team this year or next. You are correct that LTLC will play as both. The reason I mentioned it here was because I don’t think it will happen to all the LTLC Teams and parents to start jumping ship.

Every time there's a merger/acquisition and the new controlling team sells all these promises about keeping the old team's roots....it's a sales pitch not a promise.

Look up "hardshells" or "koopers" for 2 great examples of "yeah it's week 3 and now you're ours. New logo...our logo.""

All this is fine...but be realistic. Why would Crabs let a good Crabs team play as LTLC? Wouldn't it make more sense to have them play as Crabs or "Lutherville Crabs?" My guess, the parents get peppered with Crabs PR all fall and winter...and none from LTLC.... and in a Feb zoom call, director will ask "Hey so let's just call em the Crabs!"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Like stated above I think this is a specific issue with the LTLC 2029 team not a program wide plan. This is a 31 page don’t start rumors to cause worry and question among parents. Smh

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please review the GHCLC Grade/Age Guidelines below. We will continue to have discussions with our governing organizations to ensure the best outcomes for the GHCLC and youth lacrosse in the Mid-Atlantic. Thank you for your patience as we move through this transition. Please reach out with any questions or concerns. We will have a follow up meeting once everyone has completed the tryout phase. I will try to answer questions as they come in to the best of my ability.

Age Requirement: No Player born before June 1, 2008 may participate in 2028

Grade Requirement: Player MUST be in 8th grade or below (2029, 2030, etc.)

Age Requirement: No player born before June 1, 2010 may participate in 2029

Grade Requirement: Players in 7th grade MUST participate in the 2029 grade designation or above (2028) pending age requirement

*Players born before June 1, 2010 in 7th grade must participate in the 2028 grade designation.

Age Requirement: No player born before June 1, 2011 may participate in 2030

Players in 6th grade MUST participate in the 2030 grade designation or above (2029, 2028).

*Players born before June 1, 2011 in 6th grade must participate in the 2029 (7th grade) or older grade designation.

Age Requirement: No player born before June 1, 2012 may participate in 2031

Players in 5th grade MUST participate in the 2031 grade designation or above (2030, 2029, etc.) pending age requirement.

*Players born before June 1, 2012 in 5th grade must participate in the 2030 (6th grade) or older grade designation.

Age Requirement: No player born before June 1, 2013 may participate in 2032

Players in 4th grade MUST participate in the 2032 grade designation or above (2031, 2030, etc.)

*Players born before June 1, 2013 in 4th grade must participate in the 2031 (5th grade) or older grade designation.

Age Requirement: No player born before June 1, 2014 may participate in the 2033 divisions

Players in 3rd grade MUST participate in the 2033 grade designation or above (2032, 2031, etc.)

*Players born before June 1, 2014 in 3rd grade must participate in the 2032 (4th grade) or older grade designation.

Age Requirement: No player born before June 1, 2015 may participate in the 2034 division

Players in 2nd grade MUST participate in the 2034 grade designation or above (2033, 2032, etc.)

*Players born before June 1, 2015 in 2nd grade must participate in the 2033 (3rd grade) or older grade designation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey WP dad, how’s Crabs going for ya? Did the new team magnet fit just right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NL 2031 is all smoke and mirrors. Lost their starting goalie and best face off to the new age rule. Mad lax destroys NL every time they play. Like destroys. NL won by last minute goals 3 times in HOCO. The balto teams will start to beat them this year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When should decisions be made?!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's the news after tryouts? Any movement or good talent added to any of the top teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs win HOCO next year!! Unarmed robbery committed!

Like Reply Quote
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard