@BackOfTheCAGE
Discuss the 31’s here
Madlax CAP, NL Blue, and Annapolis Hawks are the clear top 3. Interested to see where BLC plays this spring, had a bunch of kids leave for NL and a few for ML.

VLC had two teams in HOCO last year, probably more a factor of the merger. ML DMV played VLC to some close games this fall.

True VA, St James, Top Caliber all seem to be on the new side. Not sure if Hammers have a 31 team yet.
That top three is prob correct in order of ranking as well.
No way BLC will be in elite anymore, very few kids remained.
That top three is prob correct in order of ranking as well.
No way BLC will be in elite anymore, very few kids remained.
Why did everyone leave BLC? Noticed this at other older age groups as well
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why did everyone leave BLC? Noticed this at other older age groups as well

This is an overall trend of non-profit elite clubs and rec select lax. With the franchised for-profit having stronger marketing it's difficult to compete. for profit elite clubs are also more willing to take on hold backs (91, Hawks, Madlax, True,...) that help them win to look better. The lack of a governing body in MD to make rec better also hurts.
Or staffing teams with dad coaches that don’t know how to properly coach beyond rec and that favor their sons over better more athletic kids may also have had something to do with it
All 3 coaches kids left, maybe the coaches got sick of dealing with insane parents who care more about bragging rights on the squash courts than actual player development. Luckily the 30 & 32 BLC teams are both very strong.
2030 BLC team is legit, son’s team has played them multiple times. I’m shocked their other years aren’t as successful…
Wow…sounds like a disgruntled parent and disgruntled coach responded to my query. How about an impartial witness?
Given this is such a young age… who are the kids on some of the smaller clubs that are players to watch? Kids who we will see making a jump up the big name clubs?
Given this is such a young age… who are the kids on some of the smaller clubs that are players to watch? Kids who we will see making a jump up the big name clubs?
Really? I hope you’re not serious. If you are, get a grip.
Madlax CAP, NL Blue, and Annapolis Hawks are the clear top 3. Interested to see where BLC plays this spring, had a bunch of kids leave for NL and a few for ML.

VLC had two teams in HOCO last year, probably more a factor of the merger. ML DMV played VLC to some close games this fall.

True VA, St James, Top Caliber all seem to be on the new side. Not sure if Hammers have a 31 team yet.
Clear top 3? Wolfpack smoked NL and beat Hawks handily in semis. NL got better as did ML with the BLC kids. Why does the team with kids from 3 elementary schools get no respect?
Or staffing teams with dad coaches that don’t know how to properly coach beyond rec and that favor their sons over better more athletic kids may also have had something to do with it
The BLC coach’s son was the goalie. He was good, too. Think it’s mostly insane parents.
Wolfpack is deserving of being in the top group, not sure a 2 goal win would be considered “handily” but they are a big, athletic, and well coached team.
Wolfpack is deserving of being in the top group, not sure a 2 goal win would be considered “handily” but they are a big, athletic, and well coached team.
And all on-age, unlike Hawks and ML
I accidentally clicked on the 2031 thread looking for HS commits gossip......you infants are talking about 2031 holdbacks?!??!?! Ahahhahahaha.
And all on-age, unlike Hawks and ML

What kids (jersey #'s) are hold backs on Hawks and ML? Or is this just an assumption based on the older teams in these programs.
Blake from Hawks and Brendan from ML were both 10 last spring.
ML kid referenced is on age, your information is incorrect.
Names, really? Let’s keep this appropriate
Are we seriously calling our kids names when they are 31’s?
Now is the time for most to start being or looking to get on a top club. Dont listen to naysayers. Now is the time to start training for MIAA HS and beyond.

Get some extra training too. and NOW . Think about holding back if you arent already a prefirst or heldback . Dont listen to negative comments about holding back. Boys born after Jan and on age should be seriously considered for this if you are thinking D1. You have very little chance play as starter on top club and get recruited to D1 without holding back.

You will thank me later for this sage advice.

Everyone knows I am right. Give me facts, not emotion if you think differently. Time is a wastin
Now is the time for most to start being or looking to get on a top club. Dont listen to naysayers. Now is the time to start training for MIAA HS and beyond.

Get some extra training too. and NOW . Think about holding back if you arent already a prefirst or heldback . Dont listen to negative comments about holding back. Boys born after Jan and on age should be seriously considered for this if you are thinking D1. You have very little chance play as starter on top club and get recruited to D1 without holding back.

Everyone knows I am right. Give me facts, not emotion if you think differently. Time is a wastin

If you think this way, your son's sports experience is about you not him.
ML kid referenced is on age, your information is incorrect.
ML kid told my kid he was 10 last year. Is this a “pre-first is normal” on age argument or was he lying last year?

If you think this way, your son's sports experience is about you not him.

Isn't that the reason parents play their older kids down against younger kids?
Who makes up the AAA or whatever the highest level of HOCO this spring?
The following are locks:
Wolfpack
Crabs
Hawks
Madlax
Next Level

Possible:
BLC
Zingos
LTLC
VLC
Kelly Post

Actual advice:
1) Get your son on the best club team, he can make, where he will actually see reps, ASAP.
2) Get extra training and make sure it's not lame. At this age it should be about form, basic IQ, and footwork, agility, and speed. That's it.
3) Don't yell at him when he is playing. Even if you played, he will probably be better than you ever were. Your yelling makes him detest the game.

Truth bombs:
1) Getting your son on an elite team will not keep him on that elite team when it matters in HS.
2) The lies about "We don't cut existing players" and "We develop players here" are just that - outright lies. Your 2031 elite team is just a money maker, and the players are just placeholders until a double holdback from TX, CA, or FL magically shows up at a tournament.
3) Yes, statistically speaking, if you think your son is going to start on an elite club HS team or elite HS team, he will need to be held back. Ask a parent of a 2028 or 2027 about that this year. They'll tell you what they are seeing.
4) Half of athletes quit sports by age 12, and another half quit by age 15. Conduct your "angry drive home after the game" talks accordingly. Current 8th graders who played for FCA, 91, Hawks, etc in 4th grade have quit the sport entirely already.

Actual advice:
1) Get your son on the best club team, he can make, where he will actually see reps, ASAP.
2) Get extra training and make sure it's not lame. At this age it should be about form, basic IQ, and footwork, agility, and speed. That's it.
3) Don't yell at him when he is playing. Even if you played, he will probably be better than you ever were. Your yelling makes him detest the game.

Truth bombs:
1) Getting your son on an elite team will not keep him on that elite team when it matters in HS.
2) The lies about "We don't cut existing players" and "We develop players here" are just that - outright lies. Your 2031 elite team is just a money maker, and the players are just placeholders until a double holdback from TX, CA, or FL magically shows up at a tournament.
3) Yes, statistically speaking, if you think your son is going to start on an elite club HS team or elite HS team, he will need to be held back. Ask a parent of a 2028 or 2027 about that this year. They'll tell you what they are seeing.
4) Half of athletes quit sports by age 12, and another half quit by age 15. Conduct your "angry drive home after the game" talks accordingly. Current 8th graders who played for FCA, 91, Hawks, etc in 4th grade have quit the sport entirely already.

Same useless opinion guy as above with clarification, I think the number is 55% of kids quit sports by 12 and of the remaining 45%, more than half quit sports by the end of 9th grade. It's from Pew? Foundation's "The State of Youth Sports" report from circa 2019

Actual advice:

Truth bombs:

How do you square "Actual advice #1" with Truth Bomb #2? They seem to run counter to each other. For player development at this age, I would focus on a club or rec team that has coaches who actually teach the game the right way. There is a reason beyond holdbacks and reclass that Long Island and Baltimore continue to pump out high IQ players. They are taught the correct way to play early on.

Actual advice:

Truth bombs:

How do you square "Actual advice #1" with Truth Bomb #2? They seem to run counter to each other. For player development at this age, I would focus on a club or rec team that has coaches who actually teach the game the right way. There is a reason beyond holdbacks and reclass that Long Island and Baltimore continue to pump out high IQ players. They are taught the correct way to play early on.

My son is a 10th grader who almost quit the sport in 8th grade and the most important thing I’ve learned from it all is that the yelling from the sideline and negative focus and criticism will burn a kid out. He told me in 8th grade to quit that [Censored] and I did and it gave him a whole new outlook on the sport. He plays for the fun of it now and not to please me. I would encourage all of you to learn from my mistakes. Shut up during games. Only say positive things after games and make sure he us having fun. You think you are helping him but it almost always will have the opposite effect.
My son is a 10th grader who almost quit the sport in 8th grade and the most important thing I’ve learned from it all is that the yelling from the sideline and negative focus and criticism will burn a kid out. He told me in 8th grade to quit that [Censored] and I did and it gave him a whole new outlook on the sport. He plays for the fun of it now and not to please me. I would encourage all of you to learn from my mistakes. Shut up during games. Only say positive things after games and make sure he us having fun. You think you are helping him but it almost always will have the opposite effect.[/quote]

This is a truth bomb. Thanks you for sharing and good for you.
My son is a 10th grader who almost quit the sport in 8th grade and the most important thing I’ve learned from it all is that the yelling from the sideline and negative focus and criticism will burn a kid out. He told me in 8th grade to quit that [Censored] and I did and it gave him a whole new outlook on the sport. He plays for the fun of it now and not to please me. I would encourage all of you to learn from my mistakes. Shut up during games. Only say positive things after games and make sure he us having fun. You think you are helping him but it almost always will have the opposite effect.

This is a truth bomb. Thanks you for sharing and good for you.[/quote]

Anytime. One thing I forgot to mention. I used to sign him up for this clinic and that camp assuming he was into it. Finally in 8th grade he was like dad do I have to go to these? This was one reason why he got burnt out. Now he gets to say no to anything he wants to and he is much happier.
Poll: most obnoxious parents in Hoco 31s?
NL, Crabs a close second.
NL, Crabs a close second.
Didn’t really notice the NL parents much except for visor-dad-who-walks-up-and-down-sideline-with-lax-stick guy. ML has multiple parents who walk from end to end, helicoptering their kids to the success they feel they’re entitled to.
ML has one awful dad, negative to his kid mostly, but shares the negativity with other kids as well.

Seems like all teams have Offense and Defense parents who switch ends.
Lots of parents switch sides; maybe stop drinking and enjoy watching your boy up close? It’s def worth it…

Actual advice:

Truth bombs:

Use from Both and your chances are better than most. Obviously he must have some ability too. No matter what ability, Hold him back.
Lots of parents switch sides; maybe stop drinking and enjoy watching your boy up close? It’s def worth it…
Yeah like the BLC parents from last year who thought their kid didn’t play enough so they could be one of the 25 kids on ML or NL. 200 IQ move.

Actual advice:

Truth bombs:

Use from Both and your chances are better than most. Obviously he must have some ability too. No matter what ability, Hold him back.
Exactly right. If your son can’t legally drink by the time he’s a college freshman, you’re a complete beta dad. Just ask the new england clubs.
Kids that went to ML were all big contributors that played a ton, so were a bunch of the kids initially to NL. All those kids now play a ton on their new teams.
So your sarcastic comment was unfortunately right on point.
200 IQ move to get off the ship before it sinks
Question - Which programs play/ practice all year round here? And if so what do they offer? Thnx
Next Level and Madlax play year round.
Spring: HoCo Travel League (Mar-May)
Summer: Tournaments (Jun-July)
Fall: Practices and Tournaments (Sep-Nov)
Winter: NL indoor at TSJ, ML box at Dulles (Dec-Feb)

BLC and VLC both have similar offerings, but haven't had first hand experience. Hawks & Crabs are also full year programs.
Next Level and Madlax play year round.
Spring: HoCo Travel League (Mar-May)
Summer: Tournaments (Jun-July)
Fall: Practices and Tournaments (Sep-Nov)
Winter: NL indoor at TSJ, ML box at Dulles (Dec-Feb)

BLC and VLC both have similar offerings, but haven't had first hand experience. Hawks & Crabs are also full year programs.

Thank you
Which teams are in the TSJ and Dulles leagues?
TSJ only has 2 clubs (VLC & TSJ), and 3 rec teams (ALC, Fort Hunt, & Vienna). Likely a VLC vs. Vienna battle.

Dulles is mostly Madlax kids, with a sprinkling of different club helmets and white helmets.
Are the Crabs going to play elite this year?
Are the Crabs going to play elite this year?
I think if they play elite and if they’re play in elite division are two separate questions.
Crabs lost to Wolfpack B team indoor? #yikes
Crabs lost to Wolfpack B team indoor? #yikes

Crabs are looking to reboot the 2029 (folded), 2030 and 2031 team, likely with a group acquisition of coaches and key players from FCA or 91. The brand is pretty well mangled at those younger ages - the young Crabs teams at 2021-2028 were very talented. 2029 was a coaching/staffing disaster and it trickled down to lack of confidence in the club for 2030 and 2031.

Team 91, FCA, and lately, Predators have been successful in this model of "hire the coach and tell him to bring his 8-10 favorite kids" so if you're playing for Crabs already, you will likely have a new coach who has his own favorite players in July. And in about 2 years, the steady trickle of holdbacks will enter the roster, mostly from BL. Welcome to club lax! #hitthewall #holdemback
Kind of quiet in here, are any tournament schedules released for the spring summer?
Next Level preseason tournament is March 12. NAL is June 10 & 11. Other than those I have no idea. Trying to survive basketball season over here.
may want to check crabfest post on IG... they are using age based for this summer tournament, 2031 is now May 2012-April 2013. I have to imagine they didn't do this alone and others will follow suit. Otherwise they run the risk of going out of business. Crabfeast is one of the largest national tournaments....
may want to check crabfest post on IG... they are using age based for this summer tournament, 2031 is now May 2012-April 2013. I have to imagine they didn't do this alone and others will follow suit. Otherwise they run the risk of going out of business. Crabfeast is one of the largest national tournaments....
well this just got interesting...
well this just got interesting...

Looks like HS is still grade based as the age limits are only through the 27 class. Makes sense imho. If you can hang in HS on varsity then club isn't any different. However, this may deter holdbacks before 9th grade now. Which is a good thing!
The dates are still very generous . . . all of those summer birthdays that wouldn't qualify for the World Series ARE eligible for Crabfeast. It's a start though. The big question is how well will it be enforced. Posting something on IG is easy. The logistics of checking rosters before games during the tourney is not as easy.
Most of our 2031 team from NY would be too young to participate. Our birthdays span from 12/2012 - 11/2013. This is a great start but still seems off for 4th grade.
The dates are still very generous . . . all of those summer birthdays that wouldn't qualify for the World Series ARE eligible for Crabfeast. It's a start though. The big question is how well will it be enforced. Posting something on IG is easy. The logistics of checking rosters before games during the tourney is not as easy.

They make no sense as they favor a late spring early summer birthday and penalize kids who started school on time by having them play down. Essentially making them a hold back. The his age alignment encourages you to hold back your kid if they were born in May June July August.

There is zero logic to using May 1. Either go sept 1 to align with school year or go birth year. The kids “trapped” in 8th grade now are the kids who actually started school on time.

If I had to guess Crabfeast did this on their own as a compromise for late spring early summer hold backs.
These are the maximum ages allowed. You don’t have to down.

They make no sense as they favor a late spring early summer birthday and penalize kids who started school on time by having them play down. Essentially making them a hold back. The his age alignment encourages you to hold back your kid if they were born in May June July August.

There is zero logic to using May 1. Either go sept 1 to align with school year or go birth year. The kids “trapped” in 8th grade now are the kids who actually started school on time.

If I had to guess Crabfeast did this on their own as a compromise for late spring early summer hold backs.

So many on BOTC have been complaining about the safety against playing kids 3 years older. Referencing that their child commonly played against kids 2-3 yrs older in tournaments and it wasn't safe.

This eliminates that.
So many on BOTC have been complaining about the safety against playing kids 3 years older. Referencing that their child commonly played against kids 2-3 yrs older in tournaments and it wasn't safe.

This eliminates that.
And that's a win in my book

Good point. The original article did say they would go with a 16 month window.
Hawks
Crabs
LTLC
Madlax
Next Level
Wolfpack
Zingos

Interesting to say the least…
BLC and Hornets moving down is not a surprise, great to see LTLC & Zingos move up. How is the 91 team?

Hawks, Crabs, Madlax, Next Level, and Wolfpack all have quality teams. Should make for a very competitive spring if these are the teams.

Disappointed VLC did not move up to the top division.
Hawks and NL will be battling it out for the top spot. NL 3rd.
BLC finished the regular season 5-2 last year and played well, did they drop down to AA or are they just not fielding at team at 31 this year?
BLC finished the regular season 5-2 last year and played well, did they drop down to AA or are they just not fielding at team at 31 this year?

I would look at the poster's list of elite teams as common sense conjecture, not fact.

I highly doubt LTLC or Zingoes move up.

91 coaches at every age group are told to push as aggressively towards elite as possible, because even if you lose every game, you start recruiting "elite" kids from other teams at that point. The point of 91's youth teams is to raise money, as most of the local players not hand-picked by Millon (ie the 2023 and 2025 teams), are jettisoned before 8th and 9th grade in favor of large, speedy holdbacks who live between DC and Long Island. Nothing wrong with any of this, but don't say you weren't warned to be skeptical of the "we develop elite players" sales pitch. Whether it's 91 or any other elite team.

I would look at the poster's list of elite teams as common sense conjecture, not fact.

91 coaches at every age group are told to push as aggressively towards elite as possible, because even if you lose every game, you start recruiting "elite" kids from other teams at that point. The point of 91's youth teams is to raise money, as most of the local players not hand-picked by Millon (ie the 2023 and 2025 teams), are jettisoned before 8th and 9th grade in favor of large, speedy holdbacks who live between DC and Long Island. Nothing wrong with any of this, but don't say you weren't warned to be skeptical of the "we develop elite players" sales pitch. Whether it's 91 or any other elite team.

Sorry your son was not selected to play on 91.

Hit the wall.

looks like you forgot the team that won hoco last year and only got better with the BLC adds
I assume it was so supposed to say Hawks and ML will be battling it out for top spot.

Some of those teams may protest being placed in elite but that’s the elite division.

BLC 31s basically folded. I spoke with the coach at the PLL semis in DC. Half the kids wants to ML and half went to next NL.

The ? with Hawks and ML is whether the new age rules will force #97H and #10ML to play on 30s. I don’t know their dates of birth but do know they were both 10 last spring.
Based on the BLC disintegration, it’s probably ML and NL top tier with Hawks, Wolfpack, and crabs next tier. 91 is a new 2031 squad afaik and LTLC and zingos were the top AA teams last year.

Some of those teams may protest being placed in elite but that’s the elite division.

BLC 31s basically folded. I spoke with the coach at the PLL semis in DC. Half the kids wants to ML and half went to next NL.

The ? with Hawks and ML is whether the new age rules will force #97H and #10ML to play on 30s. I don’t know their dates of birth but do know they were both 10 last spring.

This post has become tiresome, the ML player in question just turned 10. I guess that means your dear Thad/Chad/Preston lied to you, or you made it up to feel better. If the Crabs age limit were adopted by HoCo, which is a big IF, and zero indications that it will occur, than ML would lose, wait for it, NO KIDS. The entire roster is good for multiple months past the proposed Crabfest date. They actually could add a couple current 2030s if those dates ever become official.

hilarious that you think #10 is a holdback. bring on age based teams
Well we’re not going to decide it here and it doesn’t matter; no excuses. But last season the boy, whose name begins with a B, told my son that he was 10. ML is really good with or without him.
NL smoked the Hawks in a tournament this Fall. Not sure what was going on because it wasn't even close. If that Hawks team from the Fall is the one that shows up for HoCo, they will have a tough go at the top tier teams.
Saw this infamous #10 ML kid playing in a soccer tournament and he was on a U11 (5th grade) team. Maybe he's just really good at soccer and plays up a year, but soccer goes by age and not grad year, so if he was actually 10 during last Spring's lax season, it would make sense that he plays U11 soccer.
So comical that you guys are still talking about #10 and that you know what he looks like to recognize him at soccer tournament. That’s just weird and creepy.
Look at madlax 31 insta page, he isn’t old. Oh never mind it’s prob a fake post to throw you off.
Better spend these next few weeks coming up with new reasons why your boy can’t beat madlax this spring
re #10 and the soccer tourney. The utterly weird poster clearly doesn't understand how birth year works. If a kid was born in December of 2012 he would/could be assigned to a team with kids born all the way back to January of 2012.....who would indeed be in the grade above. Thus, a Dec birthday would literally be the least advantageous month to be born in given the rules. Bafflingly daft point to make.

Seems like NL is upset #10 left for ML a few years ago and is using this thread to bash a 4th grader. Get a life.
First couple weeks of the HoCo schedule got posted to the HoCo website. They haven't posted standalone groupings to show who's in what group, but you can figure it out if you stare at the schedules long enough.
Anyone make it out to Baltimore Bloom this weekend? Hawks look ready to make a HOCO run!
Did they play other teams than the B level ones on the schedule ?
Anyone make it out to Baltimore Bloom this weekend? Hawks look ready to make a HOCO run!
What teams were there? What were the scores?
Yikes what were Team 91 coaches thinking.

What does this mean?
Team 91 lost 22-1 trying to jump from no club straight to elite.

What does this mean?

They lost 1-22. Mark pushes teams to be elite. The practice too little in the fall and then they're surprised when they start losing in the spring to teams that do 3 times as much.
Guessing it’s the fact that Team 91 lost 22-1 to the Crabs today. Don’t love to see the Crabs coaches running up the score like that though. That’s rough.

The Hawks/Wolfpack score isn’t up on the website. Any idea how that went?
Wolfpack 8 Hawks 5
Guessing it’s the fact that Team 91 lost 22-1 to the Crabs today. Don’t love to see the Crabs coaches running up the score like that though. That’s rough.

The Hawks/Wolfpack score isn’t up on the website. Any idea how that went?

Mark has made many, many comments on Crabs that I'm sure led to no mercy. Agreed there's no need for it.
I don’t think the person obsessed with ML player age is a NL ‘31 Blue parent b/c I can assure you the ML player in question turned 10 only a few months ago (I dropped my son off at his 10th birthday party). No parents of NL ‘31 think any ML ‘31 players are holdbacks and we all know each other pretty well. ML ‘31 is a very good team as are several others in the ‘31 Elite division, including Wolfpack Green.

And before folks make assumptions based on scores reported on HoCo website, be aware that these are highly inaccurate, especially shortly after the games (often corrected a few days later).
Looks like a 5 team race for the elite division. Crabs with an impressive win today against a strong Wolfpack squad, ML & NL both rolled, and Hawks had a bye.

Big match up next week between Crabs and ML, followed by a huge slate the following weekend, Crabs/NL and Hawks/ML.
That was a great game yesterday, think Wolfpack underestimated Crabs??
I haven't seen the Crabs play yet this year, but the fact that they're 3-0 after winning just once last year is a pretty amazing turnaround. Frankly thought it was a factor of who they were playing so far this year, but the win against Wolfpack is really impressive.
Did the crabs add players from last year? If so from where?
Are 30’s missing last years roster?
Crabs got brought back down to earth by MadLax. The Zingos W over Wolfpack was impressive.
Zingos lost 7-1. Crabs are still a strong contender, Hawks is gonna give MadLax a game next week, followed by Crabs NL. Fun weekend ahead in HOCO.
Never ceases to amaze me how the HoCo website always seems to mess up the winners and losers of games, but makes much more sense now that they corrected it and have Zingos taking the L to Wolfpack. It seems to me that ML is the clear top-notch team of the group. Then I'd put Wolfpack, Hawks, NL and Crabs together for now until things sort themselves out more. It's fun to see a lot competitive teams in the mix. How do playoffs work? Just single-elim among all of the teams in the group?
4/30/23 2031 Elite Lines

91 v. Zingos (OFF)

91 O/U 3 Goals Scored vs. Zingos

NL (-1.5) v. Crabs

ML (-7) v. Hawks
If considering private school do not send your son to Gilman. Complete nightmare of a school with a horrendous lacrosse coach who’s taking the program down to B conference
If 91 scores 3 goals on Zingos, they may have hope after all. The Zingos goalie and Hawks goalies are both really strong 4th grade goalies.

NL line looks appriopriate.

ML Hawks should be pick'em, a great goalie covers up lots of issues and makes any game up for grabs.
Zingo’s’ goalie is excellent. Hawks play slow deliberate offense and last year resulted in tighter games. While parity is great for competition, absent incredibly efficient offense by Hawks, post BLC absorption, just too much talent on ML I think.
NL and ML to cover for the usual sum.
With the talent ML has, the hawks goalie can have a great game making 15 saves and still have 10 plus shots go past him.
ML and NL continue to roll heading towards the Sunday of the regular season showdown.

I’ll take the over on 91 (3 goals) with the hopes that after Q1 the Zingo’s coach also makes his team play with its off hand, not ride and pass to every offensive player before a scoring attempt.
If considering private school do not send your son to Gilman. Complete nightmare of a school with a horrendous lacrosse coach who’s taking the program down to B conference

My son and I went to meet with Gilman. The coach is socially weird. Has zero personality and very little knowledge of the MIAA and what it takes to win. We chose another school. My observation, Gilman doesn’t care about lacrosse!! If they did they would recognize the coach doesn’t have it. I don’t see how or why they would have hired such an incompetent person.
Zingos goalie is excellent. Game we played them would have been close to 3 times the score if not for him. ML is to well coached and to much for talent for anyone to come close to beating.
If NL plays their game, they’ll hang with ML.
ML and NL both win big today
2031 Elite 2031 May 5 - 7 Lines:

Wolfpack (Pick’em) Hawks
NL (-1.5) Wolfpack
ML (Off) 91
91 +225 Over 1 Goal
Hawks (-7.5) Zingo’s
If NL plays their game, they’ll hang with ML.

NL has and will hang with ML, at a minimum. 2 very high quality teams and programs with similar kids. Impressive 4th quarter for NL against Crabs.

Wolfpack/Hawks round 2 should be a great matchup, Wolfpack's strength of schedule is impressive, facing ML and Hawks twice.

Curious decision for 91 to be in elite, VLC, LTLC, and Sidewinders all would've been better fits for the division.
There's no question that 91 would have been better off in AAA or maybe even AA, but I'm not sure there are other AAA teams that would be all that competitive in Elite. BLC disbanding created a bit of a top heavy situation in Elite.
Give me Wolfpack on Friday and NL to cover on Sunday (buying down the half
Point at -135). Zingo’s and the points for the Sunday Hawks match up - pace of play and Zingo’s goalie keeps it tighter than expected.

Wolfpack (Pick’em) Hawks
NL (-1.5) Wolfpack
ML (Off) 91
91 +225 Over 1 Goal
Hawks (-7.5) Zingo’s

LMFAO what in the Maryland is going on here?! Haha Are you guys seriously betting lines for 4th graders? Holy smokes and I thought we were bad in Long Island. This is one for the books. haha
Gilman coach is a fool!!! One of the players had to educate him on the practice of double poking the wings. Coach had never heard of it and couldn’t figure out how to do so. Complete incompetence!!

Wolfpack (Pick’em) Hawks
NL (-1.5) Wolfpack
ML (Off) 91
91 +225 Over 1 Goal
Hawks (-7.5) Zingo’s

LMFAO what in the Maryland is going on here?! Haha Are you guys seriously betting lines for 4th graders? Holy smokes and I thought we were bad in Long Island. This is one for the books. haha

Did they stop giving out senses of humor on Strong Island? Love the levity these posts provide every week. Give me NL, Hawks x2, and 91 has a long shot to put up a season high in goals this week.
Theoretical Indicative Line:

ML (-14.5) v. ‘31 LI Rebels (The Pride of LI)
Ngl the 4th grade lines each week is one of the best message board bits I’ve seen in years 10/10
Seriously admins FIX THE HIGH SCHOOL FORUM!!!!
As a Long Islander, you should know that all of the kids who play in the 2031 Hoco league from the DMV area are 18 years old or older, so we're just trying to get their feet wet in how to gamble responsibly.
Theoretical Indicative Line:

ML (-14.5) v. ‘31 LI Rebels (The Pride of LI) in a 6 man down simulation

Here I fixed it for you. Come to LI and bring your crabs we love to eat.
2031 Elite May 13th & 14th Lines:

NL (-14.5) Zingo’s
Crabs (OFF) Team 91
91 Over 0.5 Goals +350
ML (-6) Wolfpack

Wolfpack (OFF) Team 91
91 Over 0.5 Goals +325
ML (-2.5) NL
Crabs (-0.5) Hawks
Anybody know who won Wolfpack/Hawks last Friday? HoCo hasn’t posted a score.
For Saturday -

NL/Zingo’s feels like a 16-2 game, so buy down the hook and take NL at -120.

Take 91 at +350 to score a goal.

ML could be looking past Wolfpack to Sundays’s mega showdown and Wolfpack’s pace and lefty goalie can keep a game tight, so take the pack and the points.
Two units on ML tomorrow, line should be (-3). Hawks are hot, take the money line at +110.
Wow...ML smoked NL!
Raise a hand for your team if you have players affected by age rule. Be honest.
Raise a hand for your team if you have players affected by age rule. Be honest.

Will all teams partake in the new rule?
I would think the majority of 2031 players are on age. The reclassing usually begins in 7th grade, which is my guess as to why they chose to start the new rule with the ‘29s because of the amount of 28s who reclassed this year across the board.
I would think the majority of 2031 players are on age. The reclassing usually begins in 7th grade, which is my guess as to why they chose to start the new rule with the ‘29s because of the amount of 28s who reclassed this year across the board.

Some kids start K a year late too so good chance there are kids that will be impacted, in fact the really going [Censored] parents will start kids late and then do a hold back year in middle school later. That to me is really at the root of this change as it has gotten out of hand
Wolfpack dismantling this year 3/4 coaches taking 6-8 kids to Crabs. Current crabs coach will be getting the boot. Will be a new look crabs next season!
Wolfpack dismantling this year 3/4 coaches taking 6-8 kids to Crabs. Current crabs coach will be getting the boot. Will be a new look crabs next season!
laughable! The only boy leaving team is a 2032 who was playing up. The core of the team is definitely not going anywhere. However there are only 16 total boys on the team and they're looking for depth for next year. So you can either play for the crabs or you can pay 1/3 of crabs' dues to play for a team that went undefeated at NAL.
It’s happening, confirmed at beach lax this past wkend. Being done very quietly leaving FH in shambles in the 2031 age group. DK, KS, GM and the goalie father are all gone plus a couple other kids. A MF and a FOGO all heading to the Crabs and current coach of Crabs is gonna be asked to leave.
Undefeated at NAL is impressive - congrats on winning the championship! How'd the team do in HoCo this year?
It’s happening, confirmed at beach lax this past wkend. Being done very quietly leaving FH in shambles in the 2031 age group. DK, KS, GM and the goalie father are all gone plus a couple other kids. A MF and a FOGO all heading to the Crabs and current coach of Crabs is gonna be asked to leave.
wolfpack 31s played NAL this weekend. I think the 31 'white' team played beach lax.
Undefeated at NAL is impressive - congrats on winning the championship! How'd the team do in HoCo this year?
They didn't win championship. ML won championship. Wolfpack lost tiebreaker to sweetlax/igloo. Sweetlax and igloo both got crushed in semis by hawks/ML. Wolfpack 4-0-1. Not bad for a bunch of "hicks" (stay classy Next Level parents) from 3 elementary schools.
FH “A” team played NAL, correct. Information is still accurate. They have 16 kids on the team and the “elite” talent pool is drying up in Harford county for 2031. They cant add anybody and this DK is moving 8 kids to the crabs. DK will be the face of the team while KS will be the true head coach just like how they operate at FH. Crabs future is bright in the 2031 age bracket!
Like is this an attempt to Jedi mind trick "this DK" into doing this? I can imagine crabs parents being stubborn/elitist/whatever and not wanting to be associated with a rec club team. Especially with their mismatched helmets -- new helmets next year btw -- and they're tough to crack lineup. But why want to spend 3x? Those crabs boys should come to tryouts because the Wolfpack is looking to expand. They only have one goalie and there's plenty of playing time available at most positions because of their playing style.
It’s moving year baby!!!

Kelly Post moving to the predators

Zingos moving to FCA

FH Wolfpack A team moving to Crabs

Whole new look in the Elite division for 2031’s!!
It’s moving year baby!!!

Zingos moving to FCA

Predators on the move up. Talk of Baltimore
It’s moving year baby!!!

Zingos moving to FCA

With everyone on age!!
It’s moving year baby!!!

Zingos moving to FCA

With everyone on age!!
Why would Kelly Post players want to play for predators instead of Wolfpack? Why would crabs want to play for crabs instead of Wolfpack let alone Wolfpack players playing for crabs? I assure you Wolfpack players are going nowhere.
Stop with the non sense; FH is a rec program that has nothing to offer. They don’t even have a home location. Helmets are all different colors, Harford county pool of players isn’t As deep. No one from Balt Co is gonna drive to FH when they can join a club team.
Kelly post is part of MDLL now.
Stop with the non sense; FH is a rec program that has nothing to offer. They don’t even have a home location. Helmets are all different colors, Harford county pool of players isn’t As deep. No one from Balt Co is gonna drive to FH when they can join a club team.
The only team to ever beat this "FH rec team" 3x is Madlax. The only team to beat them 2x are the hawks (and Wolfpack was missing a key middie in that 2nd loss). Are Baltco parents worried they'll save 2k in dues by playing for the Wolfpack? Matching helmets coming next year. Indoor turf training all offseason.

Kids are driving 40+ minutes to play for Madlax and Hawks. I bet parents who think their kids are talented enough to play for teams of that caliber would be willing to travel less than 40 minutes and pay a 1/3 of what those clubs charge. Maybe some people just approach decision making differently than I do.
Crabs beat FH this year!

FH can’t offer what clubs can. Indoor winter training?!? Where at Harford Sports?? Stop w the senseless argument, FH is cheaper cause it offer less, simple as that. DK and KS are moving to crabs along with 5 other boys. You will see!!
If WP top 6-8 are leaving for Crabs, that is a huge coup for Crabs. WP starters can and have hung with anyone, depth has been the issue for them. Crabs already had some talented players, most of them the current coaches sons. Hopefully if this merger rumor becomes fact, they are able to keep all the key pieces. Next problem will be finding enough teams for the HoCo elite division.
Crabs beat FH this year!

FH can’t offer what clubs can. Indoor winter training?!? Where at Harford Sports?? Stop w the senseless argument, FH is cheaper cause it offer less, simple as that. DK and KS are moving to crabs along with 5 other boys. You will see!!
That’s 1x. Only 2 teams have done it more than once and one of those arguably with an asterisk. But good for the crabs on their crowning achievement of the season. How’d the rematch go? What FH offers my son is a better team at a better value than crabs. You don’t have to get mad at me because you’re paying too much. The Wolfpack is looking to add talent so if you want to save some coin and you think your kid can actually make this little ol’ rec team, head on out to tryouts this summer.
Sorry buddy but your son will have to join their “b” team or will be wearing different colors next year. It’s reality, doesn’t matter how good the team is they cant field an elite team. After their studs they struggle. Sorry TS, Twins, HM, CP and their goalie is all they have and when those boys arnt on the field it shows. That’s why Hawks and ML have created a clear gap.

The current HC of the crabs is a great coach but his son struggles at the elite level hence the need for the FH coaching staff. The writing is on the wall, it makes the most sense for the boys and the coaches.
Crabs beat FH this year!

That’s 1x. Only 2 teams have done it more than once and one of those arguably with an asterisk. But good for the crabs on their crowning achievement of the season. How’d the rematch go? What FH offers my son is a better team at a better value than crabs. You don’t have to get mad at me because you’re paying too much. The Wolfpack is looking to add talent so if you want to save some coin and you think your kid can actually make this little ol’ rec team, head on out to tryouts this summer.

You talk a mean game for a team that had 3 wins this year in HoCo.
Sorry buddy but your son will have to join their “b” team or will be wearing different colors next year. It’s reality, doesn’t matter how good the team is they cant field an elite team. After their studs they struggle. Sorry TS, Twins, HM, CP and their goalie is all they have and when those boys arnt on the field it shows. That’s why Hawks and ML have created a clear gap.

The current HC of the crabs is a great coach but his son struggles at the elite level hence the need for the FH coaching staff. The writing is on the wall, it makes the most sense for the boys and the coaches.
It’s creepy that you seem to know so much about the players and coaches. But it’s odd you also seem to have some very wrong intel on coaches and players and team strengths weaknesses.

ML exploits their weaknesses, especially the one between ears, so there’s a gap there until proven otherwise. Hawks are 2-2 against them and last game was played without a key player. On a team with 16 kids, that’s a big handicap. Hawks are great and the boys love the emerging rivalry though.

The only thing the team needs is more depth at every position. Are you scared your kid wouldn’t make the cut during tryouts? Even knowing there are roster slots available? Was he already cut once before? The past is the past. New players have joined the last 2 years.
Kelly post is part of MDLL now.

Incorrect. 2027 team becoming MDLL as they move into HS
You are correct, they need depth! The well is dry in Harford county. Your points are valid with pricing but you are in the minority with that thought process. Families want what the clubs offer, if that wasn’t the case clubs wouldn’t exist.
You are correct, they need depth! The well is dry in Harford county. Your points are valid with pricing but you are in the minority with that thought process. Families want what the clubs offer, if that wasn’t the case clubs wouldn’t exist.
We're talking 2031s here. What do families want? Elite, competitive team and talent to ensure growth: check. Optimized economics for that value proposition: check; there are 4 more years of HoCo which translates to ~$8k savings. I mean if that bumper sticker on the car is worth that for you, I guess it's your money.
We're talking 2031s here. What do families want? Elite, competitive team and talent to ensure growth: check. Optimized economics for that value proposition: check; there are 4 more years of HoCo which translates to ~$8k savings. I mean if that bumper sticker on the car is worth that for you, I guess it's your money.

Not sure about the whole “competitive team and talent to ensure growth”. Crabs seem to be rising up the ranks and developing/improving a lot from last year. Wolfpack seemed to have taken a few steps back. To go from playing for the championship last year to just 3 wins this year in HoCo is pretty rough.
How'd the second game against Wolfpack go for the crabs? How'd crabs do at NAL? Was an extra $2000 in dues worth those outcomes?
Wait... what? So people on here think that families should take their 8 year old and drive for 1 hour each way 2x a week for practice, with the same coaches they already have now, to play in the same league and division they are currently in plus pay 2k more. Interesting.....
Wait... what? So people on here think that families should take their 8 year old and drive for 1 hour each way 2x a week for practice, with the same coaches they already have now, to play in the same league and division they are currently in plus pay 2k more. Interesting.....

You're in the 2031 thread, which is 9 and 10 year olds. You may want to go to the 2033 thread to talk about 8 year olds. But assuming you're talking about the issue at-hand, yes, I think parents would happily do that to be a part of a club team that's on the rise vs. one that peaked last year and is in decline.
Someone is mad cause lil Johnny didn’t get the invite and is being left behind and will have to play for the blue claws next year
Undefeated at NAL = “on the decline”

Desperate leaps of logic. You must be really praying hard that your 2031 crab boys don’t try out for Wolfpack with those KP and LTLC boys. Your only hope is that enough parents like the prestige of their $2000 car magnet.
Undefeated at NAL = “on the decline”

Desperate leaps of logic. You must be really praying hard that your 2031 crab boys don’t try out for Wolfpack with those KP and LTLC boys. Your only hope is that enough parents like the prestige of their $2000 car magnet.
I was personally thinking more about the fact that the team had 3 wins during the HoCo season. But now that I know that the Wolfpack beat the Hawks and MadLax at NAL on its undefeated march to the tourney championship, I take it back. That one weekend wipes away the months of the hoco season.
Ok you got me. I took the bait and that’s on me. All I can say if you think your kid is good enough to make the team, he’ll make the team. Don’t bring your hurt feelings here; tell him to hit the wall. Don’t try to scare off other kids because you’re scared of your son having competition.

Pathetic
What the heck does that have to do with kids leaving WP for crabs?!?! Who is trying to scare anyone! We welcome those 8 kids, they will make us elite!!
Nobody is leaving WP green for crabs. You need better intel. Maybe the WP white team kids will go to crabs?
Sounds like overall there is going to be a lot of shuffling at this age group.....

Kelly Post 2031 AAA coach leaving for Predators and team folding
LTLC 2031 AAA several kids leaving
Zingos 2031 Elite coach leaving for FCA
Sidewinders bought out....team folding
Meeting last night w DK, GM and KS with JW Crabs. It’s a done deal. WP play in tourney this wkend announcement will be made after this wkend!
Sounds like overall there is going to be a lot of shuffling at this age group.....

Kelly Post 2031 AAA coach leaving for Predators and team folding
LTLC 2031 AAA several kids leaving
Zingos 2031 Elite coach leaving for FCA
Sidewinders bought out....team folding

Sidewinders wasn't bought out. You can't buy a non-profit organization. Just a rebranding. They are hiring an outside org (Kyle Harrison's group) to help manage the club. The club is still a non profit and under the umbrella of the Crofton Athletic Council.
Wolfpack Tryouts July 10 and July 26th

"Hawks and ML have created a clear gap"? NL is 3-1 against Hawks this year and boat raced them for 2 of those wins (including the most recent one at Lax Splash). ML has created a clear gap at the moment.
Thanks for clearing that up NL dad
Thanks for clearing that up NL dad
When NL dads aren’t helicoptering on the sidelines, switching sides every quarter, they can be found here defending their son’s team
Not sure NL dads have a monopoly in that area.
Watching Wolfpack bury teams like Mesa and Express is awesome. Bunch of sour parents can’t handle the fact that their state all-star team can’t beat kids from a single town.
Your team will be irrelevant in a few yrs, the boys will move on to bigger/better programs…enjoy Wolfpack for now
Watching Wolfpack bury teams like Mesa and Express is awesome. Bunch of sour parents can’t handle the fact that their state all-star team can’t beat kids from a single town.
Thanks, wolf pack mom. Really good squad but you have some holes and you’re going nowhere with those mismatched helmets.
Thanks, wolf pack mom. Really good squad but you have some holes and you’re going nowhere with those mismatched helmets.
Say what you want. I love celebrating those kids, and there’s 3 or 4 kids on that team who will be names to remember for the next few years. I’d be scared if the top kids were looking to move too, cause they could take anyone’s spot. So easy to root for this program!
^^yup. It’s a sign of changing times in lacrosse. No longer will your kid be special because of the prestige of the club team they play for. There’s so many kids out there ready to take your son’s spot at the next try out—and the scorelines from Wolfpack’s tournament W show it. Combined 15+ goal margin of victory against two teams of high prestige. Again, they’re from the same small town! Haha!
No one will remember 4th grade laxers names this year or next or the following years…get a grip
As a Wolfpack dad I love how much my son’s team has apparently fried some of your brains. Not aware of any players thinking about leaving or why they’d even want to leave. Lots of playing time with only a handful of subs and lots of winning against teams with a false sense of entitlement. laugh
As a Wolfpack dad I love how much my son’s team has apparently fried some of your brains. Not aware of any players thinking about leaving or why they’d even want to leave. Lots of playing time with only a handful of subs and lots of winning against teams with a false sense of entitlement. laugh

WP is a good squad, which wasn’t reflected in the HOCO record this year. Lost a lot of really close games. They play a slow and deliberate game, however, and I think that is starting to catch up to them relative to the other ‘31 elite teams. But who knows, things change year to year and if they can keep the core pieces together, WP could definitely be competitive next year as well.

The NAL tourney must have felt great. You won more games in 2 days that weekend than you did in 2 months of play in HOCO.
Can’t we all just get along? Our kids can.

The NAL tourney must have felt great. You won more games in 2 days that weekend than you did in 2 months of play in HOCO.
They’re 10 year old boys who aren’t really used to losing and it’s easy to get caught off guard by teams you’ve never lost to before. But as somebody else mentioned, the only teams to EVER beat them more than one time are ML and Hawks and that second loss to hawks was without a key middie.

Unless you’re a ML parent, you know there’s a good chance if you play the Wolfpack, you’re going to lose. That’s what feels great; I can handle a team that pulls from 20x the population base having our number.
The biggest joke here is how defensive some of you get. Would’ve never guessed people argue about 10 year olds like this. WP is absolutely legit, no matter how you spin it. So are other teams. They can all be good. Did you guys know college recruiting starts in 6 years?

It starts small but living through your son is a disease…get help, a life or a hobby.
HOCO is adopting the new ages rules THIS FALL. How many teams will be impacted? :grabs popcorn:

It starts small but living through your son is a disease…get help, a life or a hobby.

Agree, to see Lax dads on here boasting about a 9/10 year old team and how great they are, just wow. Nobody is going to remember how many games you won or lost in 4th grade Lax.
Pretty sure the "boasting" is a direct response to the [Censored] talk about a team being "on the decline" and "players are leaving the team," presumably because they're unhappy. Nice try. And nicer $2000 team magnet on your car. I hope it eases the pain of your son not being good enough to make the team that costs a 1/3 of the team your son could make.
Asking for a friend, which position is in need of players the most? Attack, Midfield, Defense?
Asking for a friend, which position is in need of players the most? Attack, Midfield, Defense?
For WP? All of the above and include G. 16 players and no 2nd goalie isn’t enough especially with specialization and more use of players coming out of box. Talent always finds a way onto the field and nothing is ever given.
Where is Wolfpack out of?
Where is Wolfpack out of?
Forest Hill MD
Parents are maroons.
No need to leave a community program until 7th-8th grade.
And save yourself $1500/year and play AA and AAA ball instead of elite.
Kids get to learn team-based lacrosse, and play against fewer holdbacks.
Parents are maroons.
Or better yet: save yourself $1500/year and play elite ball. With no holdbacks. Wolfpack 2031 maybe the only place in HOCO at any age level where this is possible.
Parents are maroons.
Or better yet: save yourself $1500/year and play elite ball. With no holdbacks. Wolfpack 2031 maybe the only place in HOCO at any age level where this is possible.

*Yet still lose to ML
Yes, you nailed it - the other parents are “maroons” lol
This forum is gold
Parents are maroons.

*Yet still lose to ML

**and every other team in the league that isn’t Team 91 or Zingos.
Looking for some advice from some people with older sons.

Looking to leave LTLC to tryout for Preds, True, FCA, or 91. Have enjoyed LTLC, but not a fan of what they seem to be doing with there older teams as they reach middle school. How can a viable club program that is competing against the 91's, FCA's, and Crabs at the younger levels just decide to bail on their 7th and 8th grade teams and merge with Crabs?

So my question for those with older kids....have you seen this happen before? And any advice people can share on Preds, True, FCA or 91 - 2031 teams?
Does your son like his current team? Good coaches? Having fun? Does your son like playing the game? Is the team competitive relative to your son's skill level? If so, then why leave? Re-evaluate those questions year-to-year. If your son is good enough to make a top tier high school team when he gets to that age, he will make it. If you son is already in one of those programs that has top level high school teams and a new kid shows up who is better, that new kid will take your son's spot, regardless of how long your kid has been there.
Looking for some advice from some people with older sons.

Looking to leave LTLC to tryout for Preds, True, FCA, or 91. Have enjoyed LTLC, but not a fan of what they seem to be doing with there older teams as they reach middle school. How can a viable club program that is competing against the 91's, FCA's, and Crabs at the younger levels just decide to bail on their 7th and 8th grade teams and merge with Crabs?

So my question for those with older kids....have you seen this happen before? And any advice people can share on Preds, True, FCA or 91 - 2031 teams?

Having seen and been through it (Kelly Post) with my older sons.......I would say that "rec" clubs are great up until 5th grade. Once you get to 5th grade I would recommend making the switch if your son is loving the game. If not, you will be left behind quickly.
So from what I am hearing is that the Wolfpack rumors are true! I heard coach told team last week. Will be interested to see where all those players go. Top players will be with Crabs but Crabs can take only so many WP players.
So from what I am hearing is that the Wolfpack rumors are true! I heard coach told team last week. Will be interested to see where all those players go. Top players will be with Crabs but Crabs can take only so many WP players.
This isn’t the only big hoco news coming out of the long weekend either…

Billy_mays_but_wait_there’s_more.gif

Could you please elaborate?!

Your response is worthless without info. WWI
What’s the other news??

Dont hold back now.. no one else has on here!

It’s a notable coaching change. I see a connection to the other big news in this thread. But that’s just my guess based on how these programs seem to work and the intel I have. I’ll let people associated with that team confirm it.
Hawks have also moved on.

It’s a notable coaching change. I see a connection to the other big news in this thread. But that’s just my guess based on how these programs seem to work and the intel I have. I’ll let people associated with that team confirm it.

Not going to happen. Rumor mill.
Two things about the LTLC comments. You have the right to tryout for which ever team you would like. However with that being said you also have to expect a few things. The earlier you get into the club system does not guarantee that you will stay with that team. You can be cut at any time. You will be expected to pay a lot more money to possibly be on a really bad team. Just look at team 91 at all years under 8th grade. Why are you worried about where your kid is playing in 5 th grade and what is happening at the older teams. Not all teams will jump to crabs. Crabs does not have a 2029 team. The transition of the LTLC team is a rare situation. Caution with the swag marketing and social influence when picking a team. If your kid wants to wear the swag find a helmet on sideline swap and let him play with that. Look at all the Rec programs in the Maryland area. They are being depleted because of false hopes and dreams private teams promise. LTLC has produced some of the top players present and past in lax history. Yes I am a supporter of LTLC. The problem that is occurring at the 6th 7th and 8th grade levels is that tournaments that are more competitive will not give a “rec/club” programs a serious look or even an invitation to their tournaments because of that. Do as you may but do it for the right reasons. Riding the pibe on an elite team is still riding the pibe.
Crabs does not have a 29 team. That is my LTLC is in the discussion. They have a team at every other level.
Bottom half of the crabs will be sent packing to make room for the new wolfpack kids. Probably just 7-8 kids at most.

Not going to happen. Rumor mill.
Removed the coach and asst coach names from website
The WP Dad sure got quiet in here, anyone seen him?
Looks like there’s a new club in AAC
WHAT IS IT???
Crabs does not have a 29 team. That is my LTLC is in the discussion. They have a team at every other level.

Not sure why we are talking about 2029 teams in the 2031 discussion, but Crabs 100% has a 2029 team. The LTLC 2029 team, which has been a competitive team, is migrating over to Crabs 2029 this year. They will be playing in HOCO as LTLC, but tournaments as Crabs 2029......specifically so that they can play in the crabs events (Crabsfeast, NLF Championship, etc.). They are actually playing in both of these events this summer. Guessing there will be some turnover (cuts and people who don't want what Crabs offers) and then some who are excited about more commitment, better coaches, etc.
Is this about your boy’s getting beat (unless you’re ML) by boys from 3 elementary schools or about whether you were behind the plot?
Yea u are correct. However crabs does not have a season long crabs team this year or next. You are correct that LTLC will play as both. The reason I mentioned it here was because I don’t think it will happen to all the LTLC Teams and parents to start jumping ship.
Is this about your boy’s getting beat (unless you’re ML) by boys from 3 elementary schools or about whether you were behind the plot?

You forgot to mention the difference in club fees and the $1,500 car magnets that all of the teams that beat WP this year get to put on their SUVs! Come on WP, Dad. Step it up. How are you going to save the team with effort like this?
Is HOCO staying age based or grade based?
It's going aged based for the 29's and below.
NLF has gone aged based, but HOCO has not ruled on it just yet. All the local clubs are waiting for HOCO's decision on it.
NLF has gone aged based, but HOCO has not ruled on it just yet. All the local clubs are waiting for HOCO's decision on it.

Just got an email from our club that HoCo and the club are following the June 1st cutoff age based rules and to plan accordingly for tryouts.

Just got an email from our club that HoCo and the club are following the June 1st cutoff age based rules and to plan accordingly for tryouts.
Who is the club?

Who is the club?
Elite divisions will stay grade base. All others will be age base.

Who is the club?

That seems unlikely as many teams don't know if they will be in Elite until March. There must be an email from HoCo with next year's rules someone can share.

You forgot to mention the difference in club fees and the $1,500 car magnets that all of the teams that beat WP this year get to put on their SUVs! Come on WP, Dad. Step it up. How are you going to save the team with effort like this?
There is nothing to be saved as the rumors are true. So are you just a dad from a random club not aware of what happened and are here to make yourself good about the money you've paid over the past 3 years to beat a team with kids from total of 3 elementary schools in rural Harford County a total of 1x? Congrats on that win and never having to worry about getting beaten in the rematch. If you're affiliated with crabs, are you trying to show the new families coming over to the club the real character of folks in the crabs org?

I'm not sure who I'm dealing with here so not sure what you want me to say.

Who is the club?
My understanding of the hoco email was that ALL divisions are age based. The grade issue is: if a boy qualifies as on age for 5th grade team but is in 6th grade, they must play 6th grade. 5th graders who don't qualify on age would have to play as 6th graders.

Though if anybody has the actual text of the email and can post it, we can stop speculating.

There is nothing to be saved as the rumors are true. So are you just a dad from a random club not aware of what happened and are here to make yourself good about the money you've paid over the past 3 years to beat a team with kids from total of 3 elementary schools in rural Harford County a total of 1x? Congrats on that win and never having to worry about getting beaten in the rematch. If you're affiliated with crabs, are you trying to show the new families coming over to the club the real character of folks in the crabs org?

I'm not sure who I'm dealing with here so not sure what you want me to say.

Easy there Karen, all will be well tomorrow after little joe joe gets an email saying he can tryout.
Yea u are correct. However crabs does not have a season long crabs team this year or next. You are correct that LTLC will play as both. The reason I mentioned it here was because I don’t think it will happen to all the LTLC Teams and parents to start jumping ship.

Every time there's a merger/acquisition and the new controlling team sells all these promises about keeping the old team's roots....it's a sales pitch not a promise.

Look up "hardshells" or "koopers" for 2 great examples of "yeah it's week 3 and now you're ours. New logo...our logo.""

All this is fine...but be realistic. Why would Crabs let a good Crabs team play as LTLC? Wouldn't it make more sense to have them play as Crabs or "Lutherville Crabs?" My guess, the parents get peppered with Crabs PR all fall and winter...and none from LTLC.... and in a Feb zoom call, director will ask "Hey so let's just call em the Crabs!"
Like stated above I think this is a specific issue with the LTLC 2029 team not a program wide plan. This is a 31 page don’t start rumors to cause worry and question among parents. Smh
Please review the GHCLC Grade/Age Guidelines below. We will continue to have discussions with our governing organizations to ensure the best outcomes for the GHCLC and youth lacrosse in the Mid-Atlantic. Thank you for your patience as we move through this transition. Please reach out with any questions or concerns. We will have a follow up meeting once everyone has completed the tryout phase. I will try to answer questions as they come in to the best of my ability.

Age Requirement: No Player born before June 1, 2008 may participate in 2028

Grade Requirement: Player MUST be in 8th grade or below (2029, 2030, etc.)

Age Requirement: No player born before June 1, 2010 may participate in 2029

Grade Requirement: Players in 7th grade MUST participate in the 2029 grade designation or above (2028) pending age requirement

*Players born before June 1, 2010 in 7th grade must participate in the 2028 grade designation.

Age Requirement: No player born before June 1, 2011 may participate in 2030

Players in 6th grade MUST participate in the 2030 grade designation or above (2029, 2028).

*Players born before June 1, 2011 in 6th grade must participate in the 2029 (7th grade) or older grade designation.

Age Requirement: No player born before June 1, 2012 may participate in 2031

Players in 5th grade MUST participate in the 2031 grade designation or above (2030, 2029, etc.) pending age requirement.

*Players born before June 1, 2012 in 5th grade must participate in the 2030 (6th grade) or older grade designation.

Age Requirement: No player born before June 1, 2013 may participate in 2032

Players in 4th grade MUST participate in the 2032 grade designation or above (2031, 2030, etc.)

*Players born before June 1, 2013 in 4th grade must participate in the 2031 (5th grade) or older grade designation.

Age Requirement: No player born before June 1, 2014 may participate in the 2033 divisions

Players in 3rd grade MUST participate in the 2033 grade designation or above (2032, 2031, etc.)

*Players born before June 1, 2014 in 3rd grade must participate in the 2032 (4th grade) or older grade designation.

Age Requirement: No player born before June 1, 2015 may participate in the 2034 division

Players in 2nd grade MUST participate in the 2034 grade designation or above (2033, 2032, etc.)

*Players born before June 1, 2015 in 2nd grade must participate in the 2033 (3rd grade) or older grade designation.

Hey WP dad, how’s Crabs going for ya? Did the new team magnet fit just right?
NL 2031 is all smoke and mirrors. Lost their starting goalie and best face off to the new age rule. Mad lax destroys NL every time they play. Like destroys. NL won by last minute goals 3 times in HOCO. The balto teams will start to beat them this year

When should decisions be made?!
What's the news after tryouts? Any movement or good talent added to any of the top teams.
Crabs win HOCO next year!! Unarmed robbery committed!
Good for KS if he was able to bring his top echelon boys to crabs. He is a class act, and the WP team was lucky to have him. They hung with every team in the HOCO elite with a glorified rec team. If the top 6 kids from WP did move to Crabs, they will be a legit threat to win 2031 HOCO elite in the spring.
Crabs win HOCO next year!! Unarmed robbery committed!

They got a lot better through the season. If they picked up Wolfpack’s best, they could definitely make a run. I don’t think anyone beats ML but they could definitely snatch second place honors from the Hawks
Will NL make the jump this year to compete with ML? Hearing they picked up some new talent
NL had 4 31s who play up on their 30 team. 2 of those boys are difference makers and will make the 31 NL very competitive with HOCO squads and nationally.
Hopefully they solved their goalie issue with goalie having to age up based on new age rules
NL had 4 31s who play up on their 30 team. 2 of those boys are difference makers and will make the 31 NL very competitive with HOCO squads and nationally.
I just don’t get these playing up references. In any other league in the country it probably makes sense to have kids play up to face harder competition but that’s not the case in HOCO. Perhaps those players could’ve helped NL not get boat raced by ML? These claims just strike me as BS.
Funny with all the gripes on here about teams having too many older kids that the NL team seems to have actually gained 4 kids who were playing up rather than losing a bunch to the new age rules
Hopefully they solved their goalie issue with goalie having to age up based on new age rules

Believe they did add 2 new goalies that are strong. One moved up from their red team. Other is a new kid coming in from Virginia
I just don’t get these playing up references. In any other league in the country it probably makes sense to have kids play up to face harder competition but that’s not the case in HOCO. Perhaps those players could’ve helped NL not get boat raced by ML? These claims just strike me as BS.

To be fair, everyone got boat raced by ML this year

I think that these kids playing up had more to do with the fact that the NL 2030 team barely had enough kids to field a team until the BLC takeover. The club didn’t want them to move back down when numbers were so thin but was happy to give them the boot when the BLC squad rolled through
There were 3 NL '30s who (prior to the HoCO age changes) could have played on the '31s. They've played together since the team's inception and were hesitant to switch teams. Of the 3: one kid is simply phenomenal...he made the '30 team for the upcoming season...the second kid is too old to now play on the '31s, and the third kid WILL be joining the '31 team.
The claims aren't BS...one of those kids who's a true '31 currently playing on the '30 team would be an absolute game changer. And the new age rules don't prohibit kids from playing up...
NL might be scary good next year with these additions. Will challenge most likely for HOCO. Unknow will be goalie and fogo for them with losing both to age rule. Anyone know how they addressed those two areas?
NL might be scary good next year with these additions. Will challenge most likely for HOCO. Unknow will be goalie and fogo for them with losing both to age rule. Anyone know how they addressed those two areas?

What additions? It's pretty much the same team. One kid from the NL 2030 team is dropping down to now play with the 31s but that's it. Don't think that one kid is going to tip the balance and all of a sudden make them competitive against ML.
Playing up is easy…. older players are better and it’s much easier to play with good players!! When they go down will be the real challenge.
Heard they picked up a very good goalie and some of the better BLC players
There were 3 NL '30s who (prior to the HoCO age changes) could have played on the '31s. They've played together since the team's inception and were hesitant to switch teams. Of the 3: one kid is simply phenomenal...he made the '30 team for the upcoming season...the second kid is too old to now play on the '31s, and the third kid WILL be joining the '31 team.
So these 3 boys joined the NL 30s when they were 1st graders or tried out as rising 2nd graders or what? I know NL 31 had a team for 2nd grade season.
They played as first graders.
Did BLC '31 have any good players left after last year's exodus?
Always some diamonds in the rough.
Help! My son didn’t make the team. Any teams having additional tryouts?
Where did you tryout? Where are you located? True, St James looking for players.

Zingos has tryouts next week.

Goalie is taken there!

Goalie is taken there!

Zingos , thats a low blow.

Goalie is taken there!

Zingos , thats a low blow.

The Zingos goalie was one of the best in the league this spring. A legit student
The zingos goalie kept that team kept them from losing by 15 every game. Whichever team lands him is lucky.
Heard zingos was blowing up. Any truth to that?
Most likely wouldn’t it be zingos landing him again? Which means we wouldn’t have to face him because I can’t see them playing elite or AAA. That was zingos first and last time in that league. Never even knew it was a club before this year.
Most likely wouldn’t it be zingos landing him again? Which means we wouldn’t have to face him because I can’t see them playing elite or AAA. That was zingos first and last time in that league. Never even knew it was a club before this year.

I heard from a friend that he was going to either Crabs or LTLC from what it sounded like.

I heard from a friend that he was going to either Crabs or LTLC from what it sounded like.
I don't think he went to crabs. Though crabs did get zingos' top field player from what I understand.
Preds 31 cleaned up at Trilogy. Watch out Hoco!

Preds 2031 was definitely the top team. Was surprised to see FCA in the championship after beating a HOCO team that was pretty good in AAA last season. FCA definitely has improved as well as they were at the bottom of AA last season. The Preds 2031 is basically the entire Kelly Post team from last year which won AAA HOCO..........are they going to go up to the elite division this year? They should, but not sure if they are at that level yet.

Preds 2031 was definitely the top team. Was surprised to see FCA in the championship after beating a HOCO team that was pretty good in AAA last season. FCA definitely has improved as well as they were at the bottom of AA last season. The Preds 2031 is basically the entire Kelly Post team from last year which won AAA HOCO..........are they going to go up to the elite division this year? They should, but not sure if they are at that level yet.

Let's see how they fare against a little tougher competition this weekend at the NL Invitational.

Let's see how they fare against a little tougher competition this weekend at the NL Invitational.

They’ll go 1-2 with a win against the Clippers and 2 huge losses to the Crabs and NL. Would put them at -7 against the Crabs and -10 against NL.
New look Crabs vs. Next Level should be a good indicator on how the roster consolidation from this summer worked out. Wolfpack bringing their top 5/6 players and coaches to Crabs and NL adding 3 of 4 31s that had previously been playing up on 2030.
How have the teams fared this fall? Any big surprises?
Why did Hawks drop out of NAL? NY teams were looking forward to the match up.
Field wasn’t strong enough too many LI Teams
That’s Strong island!
ML and Hawks great battle, good match up. Dukes very respectable showing. Outside of that it is slim. Interested to see if NL was able to get better. At the moment in time Long Island Teams cant compete with this group, big gap in talent. Rebels/Igloo are second tier programs, waiting on Express and 91 to figure it out.
NL lost a close one to crabs 4-3 in their first game of season and could tell team was feeling each other out. Few weeks later then handled them easily 9-5. Team looks stronger then last year for sure.
Problem will be finding teams to fill out the 2031 HOCO elite division. NL, ML, Hawks and Crabs have clearly separated themselves. Wolfpack lost almost their starting lineup, Zingos and 91 had long springs last season. Maybe Clippers, LTLC, and VLC will step up.
Clippers, Predators and VLC should absolutely step up this year and play in Elite
Before we make any rash decisions, let’s see how these teams fair at the NAL and or the remainder of fall ball. It wouldn’t make sense for them to move up and get smoked. But do agree, Zingos 91 and Wolfpack can no longer hack it.
Clippers, Predators and VLC should absolutely step up this year and play in Elite

VLC will get smoked if they play in Elite.
See the Hawks are back on the NAL schedule. Not a strong enough field but now playing in a bracket where the LI teams have crushed most of those teams in previous years less Madlax.
Think it is clear why hawks swapped now. Igloo won Saturday and they [Censored]. Hawks crushed them last year at NAL 9-0. Waste of time for the Hawks. At least tomorrow they get to play ML.

I heard big things about Predators, Lot of talk going on.
Think it is clear why hawks swapped now. Igloo won Saturday and they [Censored]. Hawks crushed them last year at NAL 9-0. Waste of time for the Hawks. At least tomorrow they get to play ML.

How’d the Hawks do today? Assuming they and ML ran the slate and played for the ‘ship - who won that one?
Is it clear why the Hawks swapped now?
Hawks came in 4th and Madlax 2nd.
Hawks lost to Sweetlax FL who were beat by S2S yesterday. S2S were then crushed by Igloo 10-4 in the Championship game.
Things change, teams get better, work harder. Can’t look at 6 months ago as a measure of how teams play…
ML got run off the field by SweetLax Florida, tied West Coast Starz. Not a strong performance from ML at NAL.
No need to make excuses but I think it’s obvious Sweetlax Florida wasn’t the same team Sunday as it was Saturday. S2S is horrendous and couldnt beat ML if ML tied their strong hand behind their backs. We are now waiting until next summer to figure it out but very happy to look back here in 7-8 months and say ML is a solid 10 goals better than S2S. Igloo is the same, not part of the conversation.
Isn’t this an excuse?
Why would the team be different? West Coast and Sweetlax FL were the same teams Saturday AND Sunday.
Maybe ML was just missing a lot of players. Lots of soccer tournaments, football super bowls, etc. going on this past weekend. Hard to believe a bunch of kids from Florida and California would take it to them like that if they were playing with their full squad.
ML played with their full squad, just couldn't hang with the boys from Florida.
You’re telling me that kids in 5th grade actually play other sports besides lacrosse in the fall!!! No way
You’re telling me that kids in 5th grade actually play other sports besides lacrosse in the fall!!! No way

Tiz, true. But the ones that play other sports are obviously not going D1. Head is already in wrong place.

Tiz, true. But the ones that play other sports are obviously not going D1. Head is already in wrong place.

So true. If they aren’t playing year round and taking over priced lessons they don’t stand a chance

So true. If they aren’t playing year round and taking over priced lessons they don’t stand a chance

This is densest thing I've heard and worst advice to give a young athlete. At this age playing just one sport doesn't prove where they will go in the sport. High School would be more realistic if they really have to focus on one and want to. Also to say their head is in the wrong place because they enjoy other sports along with this one is completely wrong.

This is densest thing I've heard and worst advice to give a young athlete. At this age playing just one sport doesn't prove where they will go in the sport. High School would be more realistic if they really have to focus on one and want to. Also to say their head is in the wrong place because they enjoy other sports along with this one is completely wrong.

Get a clue. If your kid is not focused solely on lax, taking over priced lessons, and considering holding back sooner than later . . . you're clearly not on the D1 track.

Get a clue. If your kid is not focused solely on lax, taking over priced lessons, and considering holding back sooner than later . . . you're clearly not on the D1 track.

While you may say that with some sarcasm, truer words have not been spoken. The climb to DI and MIAA A is steep, better get going early on the climb if you want to get to the top. Focus on Lacrosse , Check ! , Get Private Lessons , Check ! , Hold him Back , Double Check !! , Sorry folks, it is what it is.
Heard HOCO brackets got released yesterday. What do we have for the divisions for the 2031s?
Elite - Hawks, Clippers, Crabs, Madlax, Next Level, Predators, Team 91, VLC
AAA - FCA, HoCo, Madlax, Next Level, Prostart, Wolfpack
AA - Swarm, Blue Claws, Cannons, Clippers Red, Legends, Rebels DMV, True Ches, True NOVA, Zingos, Carroll Manor
A - Bethesda Blue, G, HLC, Kelly Post, MD Mayhem, Team MD, Ville, Wolfpack 31/32
ML runs the table
Hawks are the favorites, adding top 2031 scorer from The Circuit pushes them past ML. NL, Crabs finish out the final four.

How will the new teams stack up? VLC has been rolling in the next level down, Team 91 likely improved.

Are Clippers and Predators new teams or rebrands of other clubs they acquired at this age group?
AA - Swarm, Blue Claws, Cannons, Clippers Red, Legends, Rebels DMV, True Ches, True NOVA, Zingos, Carroll Manor
A - Bethesda Blue, G, HLC, Kelly Post, MD Mayhem, Team MD, Ville, Wolfpack 31/32

Clippers, Predators and VLC moving up is interesting. Not sure how they will do up there. Any ideas why Wolfpack dropped down? They always managed to hang in there with the big boys up in elite.
Wolfpack merged with Crabs.
Wolfpack dropping down very surprising. VLC will have difficulties hanging. Top 4 will be Crabs, Hawks, ML and NL (not in any order).
For enjoyment, what teams have the best:
FOGO
Attack
LSM
LSD
Goalie

Go.....
Team 91 will not win a game all year as usual

Surprised to see LTLC/Legends moving down to AA after going 6-1 last year in AAA. What's going on there?

Surprised to see LTLC/Legends moving down to AA after going 6-1 last year in AAA. What's going on there?

They lost 4-5 of their better players from last season. I think 2 went to Preds and 2 went to FCA. Still figured they would compete in AAA, but maybe after fall competition decided otherwise.

They lost 4-5 of their better players from last season. I think 2 went to Preds and 2 went to FCA. Still figured they would compete in AAA, but maybe after fall competition decided otherwise.

Team is more about playing lacrosse and having fun then getting in MIAA as starting Freshman. Good move.

Team is more about playing lacrosse and having fun then getting in MIAA as starting Freshman. Good move.

Imagine that…actually playing something for it to be fun and not shoving a team into a division where it doesn’t belong. having a goal difference of 100 plus not in your favor in the elite division definitely doesn’t sound fun 91.
Any big roster moves for elite?
Who will make a run at knocking off ML finally?
NL
Four team race, ML, Hawks, NL, & Crabs.
ML: Can they make it three in a row? Undersized, will that finally catch up with them or can they hold off until middle school when all madlax teams implode.
Hawks: Added leading scorer from the circuit, could be the missing piece on offense to push them to the title? Outstanding at all three levels, can they find a faceoff guy to get their offense the ball?
NL: Outstanding individual athletes, especially in the midfield. Can they play as team and sacrifice personal stats for team wins?
Crabs: Have the former Wolfpack and holdover Crabs jelled as a team? Do they have the depth to hang with ML, Hawks, and NL?

VLC, Clippers, and Preds new to the elite division, can they spring an upset on the top 4? Can Team 91 make into double digits on the scoreboard for the season? Hopefully they added some firepower to give the boys a chance this spring.
Four team race, ML, Hawks, NL, & Crabs.
ML: Can they make it three in a row? Undersized, will that finally catch up with them or can they hold off until middle school when all madlax teams implode.
Hawks: Added leading scorer from the circuit, could be the missing piece on offense to push them to the title? Outstanding at all three levels, can they find a faceoff guy to get their offense the ball?
NL: Outstanding individual athletes, especially in the midfield. Can they play as team and sacrifice personal stats for team wins?
Crabs: Have the former Wolfpack and holdover Crabs jelled as a team? Do they have the depth to hang with ML, Hawks, and NL?

VLC, Clippers, and Preds new to the elite division, can they spring an upset on the top 4? Can Team 91 make into double digits on the scoreboard for the season? Hopefully they added some firepower to give the boys a chance this spring.

Seems like a pretty fair rundown. My two cents:

ML takes it again, no question. Don't think lack of size will catch up to them quite yet except maybe against the Hawks D - their individual talent and coaching is still top-notch.

If the Hawks goalie continues to play lights out, they have the best chance to make a run at ML. The kid from the Circuit is a good player but nothing special among the top attack lines on top Hoco teams (check out his stats against the 2 or 3 teams that actually competed with Nationals LC at the Circuit and didn't get blown out by 15), so I don't think that tips the balance too much.

NL will beat up on the bottom half of the league, have good games vs. Hawks and Crabs but won't be able to take it to ML. They won't get over the hump until the ML squad inevitably dissolves and NL takes on a bunch of that roster.

Crabs are still a year away at competing solidly with NL, Hawks and ML. Could surprise one or two of the better teams in the regular season, but won't be able to make a serious run at the 'ship quite yet.

VLC, Clippers and Preds will compete well with each other but won't be able to do any damage against the top teams. Clippers got smoked this weekend against NL and barely beat 91 at NL's tournament, and VLC didn't even bother competing in the top division at the tourney. Team 91 will have trouble scoring more than 10 goals in total this season.
HUGE DAY FOR JW AND HIS CRABS!! Going 3-0 with wins against Hawks and ML!! This new team will make a run for the ship this year! The defense, anchored by #0 will be something special to watch! The offense will continue to gel as the season begins this coming weekend! The future is bright for these young crabs!
HUGE DAY FOR JW AND HIS CRABS!! Going 3-0 with wins against Hawks and ML!! This new team will make a run for the ship this year! The defense, anchored by #0 will be something special to watch! The offense will continue to gel as the season begins this coming weekend! The future is bright for these young crabs!

Only a matter of time. Cream rises to top. King Crab does it again. I suspect this team will get stronger each year. Reason the boys wear their yellow and blue swag in public.

Only a matter of time. Cream rises to top. King Crab does it again. I suspect this team will get stronger each year. Reason the boys wear their yellow and blue swag in public.

Hats of to the crabs for organizing a tournament during the first week of dmv private school spring break when most of their competition will be out of town.

Hats of to the crabs for organizing a tournament during the first week of dmv private school spring break when most of their competition will be out of town.
NAILED IT!
Excuses are like [Censored]!!
There wont be any excuses once HOCO starts! Crabs wont be able to hide.
Week 1 Predictions:

Hawks 11 - Preds 6
NL 16 - Team 91 2
Crabs 10 - Clippers 3
Madlax - VLC bye
wow...you really nailed that NL - team 91 line.
Why are they in elite again? Not a good look for 91, adds no value for them or opponent
Why did Madlax and VLC have byes? They have less games
They will make the game up at a later date.
It’s not a bye. Just shows up that way in the system. It’s a reschedule. ML does this every year HoCo coincides with spring break across all age groups to avoid losing games they’d otherwise win if they weren’t short on kids.
Why are they in elite again? Not a good look for 91, adds no value for them or opponent
What 91 does is take any kid or should i say parent who wants the elite label and will.pay the elite price tag who can’t make a real elite team. As far as them being in elite…what mark wants is what mark gets.
Anyone one know the score of the crabs vs clippers game? wasnt posted on hoco site.
It’s not a bye. Just shows up that way in the system. It’s a reschedule. ML does this every year HoCo coincides with spring break across all age groups to avoid losing games they’d otherwise win if they weren’t short on kids.

Except 30’s and 29’s played. Wait for it, with kids missing
10-3 Crabs
That’s ridiculous lots of teams have kids out on spring break right now. Don’t think that should be allowed!

Except 30’s and 29’s played. Wait for it, with kids missing

Right. Because they had to play teams that don’t entertain doing favors for ML’s owner when he tries this every year (Crabs and NL). It takes both teams agreeing to postpone a game and some teams say yes while others don’t.
Week 1 Predictions:

Hawks 11 - Preds 6
NL 16 - Team 91 2
Crabs 10 - Clippers 3
Madlax - VLC bye

Results:
Hawks 11 - Preds 2
NL 17 - Team 91 2
Crabs 10 - Clippers 3
ML - VLC still didnt play

Week 2 Predictions
VLC 4 - NL 12
Clippers 3 - ML 15
Team 91 1 - Hawks 14
Preds 4 - Crabs 12
Week 1 Predictions:

Hawks 11 - Preds 6
NL 16 - Team 91 2
Crabs 10 - Clippers 3
Madlax - VLC bye

Results:
Hawks 11 - Preds 2
NL 17 - Team 91 2
Crabs 10 - Clippers 3
ML - VLC still didnt play

Week 2 Predictions
VLC 4 - NL 12
Clippers 3 - ML 15
Team 91 1 - Hawks 14
Preds 4 - Crabs 12

Pretty decent predictions, however a few off
VLC 3- NL 16
Clippers 4 - ML 12
Team 91 2 - Hawks 16
Preds 5 - Crabs 13
Team 91 looks rough. Amazing how much energy and time went and go into sons of MM and what goes into all the other 91 teams. Reason what is said about him rings true to many.

NAILED IT!

Nailed what ? That the Crabs are always ready to play while others go on vacation ?
Any observations or takeaways from week 2?
Nothing really to take away from this weekend, same for next weekend. True tests begin on the 21st, where the pecking order of the top 4 will start to come into focus. Based on spring play day, Crabs are early favorite.
ML is walking away with the title
Clippers and Preds are in over their heads.
Crabs are def not the early favorite
Hawks, ML and NL are the favorites
Week 3 Predictions
VLC 5 - Crabs 10
Clippers 3 - Hawks 16
Team 91 2 - ML 17
Preds 3 - NL 11
Early Week 4 Predictions

Crabs 5 - NL 10
Team 91 4 VLC 6
Clippers 5 - Preds 8
Hawks 8 - Madlax 11
NL vs Crabs will be much closer. No way they beat them by 5
Crabs beats next level, 8-6. Crabs will control the pace and NL will get frustrated with lack of offensive opportunities.
ML beats Hawks by 6
ML beats Hawks by 6
Clippers and Preds are in over their heads.
Clippers are definitely over their heads. Parents think their kids are superstar players. They are a B team and not much more. And the Clippers.B team is a rec team. Waste of money to join a daddy ball team.
Not as bad as the delusional parents of Team 91. They have no business being in elite. What a waste of time for the other teams
usual sum, Mortimer?
He was wearing my Harvard tie. Can you believe it? MY Harvard tie. Like oh, sure, HE went to Harvard.
© US Lacrosse Community Forum