BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,305
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 51 of 81 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 80 81
Re: MD Girls 2028
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My guess is that every player wants to go to Coppermine. It only makes sense right?

Maybe to fill the holes from girls leaving for Heros, SW and M&D. Parents would be fool to risk keeping their girls at CM with no recruiting history.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My guess is that every player wants to go to Coppermine. It only makes sense right?

Not for many.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Things are awfully quiet in here. Is someone afraid of letting the cat out of the bag about comings and goings?

Very quiet. I wonder where the poster that predicted that several Coppermine and Hero's girls would go to Sky Walkers--especially since they will be playing at US Youth Nationals during SW's tryouts.

I have no idea if anyone will go to SW or not although they've had plenty of people come practice with them the past two weeks. So if that is any indicator they'll pick up some girls. I'd be surprised if Coppermine picked up new girls. One - their tryouts are the same days as M&D and SW ( i guess they'll commute back and forth to DE for these youth nationals and norris field on tryout days🤔) but two they rely heavily on two maybe three players and the others can seem like place holders. That will begin to not work as the teams get older. i'm not saying they won't still win games but they'll have more losses and closer games going forward. It's already happened this summer. Third - a panic sets in when recruiting comes. i'm not saying it's right or that it's necessary. It just happens and families won't want to risk being at a club that doesn't have a strong recruiting history. again - i don't know whether or not girls from other clubs would be recruited as highly but people don't want to risk it. Heros lacks competition for girls in their geographic area. I think they'll get some good players at tryouts but after 8th grade they stop holding open tryouts

Mark this down and come back in a year. Coppermine will no longer be on top at this time next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why don't you click your heels together 3 times and go back to your jabroni club?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe to fill the holes from girls leaving for Heros, SW and M&D. Parents would be fool to risk keeping their girls at CM with no recruiting history.

You people here know absolutely nothing! Coaches will find good players no matter where they play. There is no risk staying. Just because you are at SW or Heros doesn’t mean they will recruit those teams more. All have B level players on their team that don’t go to top schools. The recruiting game is changing and players from different teams and different areas are being recruited. 26-30 SW will not measure up to past SW teams just because of the name on front.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You people here know absolutely nothing! Coaches will find good players no matter where they play. There is no risk staying. Just because you are at SW or Heros doesn’t mean they will recruit those teams more. All have B level players on their team that don’t go to top schools. The recruiting game is changing and players from different teams and different areas are being recruited. 26-30 SW will not measure up to past SW teams just because of the name on front.

keep telling yourself that

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

On a forum that is full of dense comments, this one wins.

Skywalkers is more than fine, peaking in middle school isn’t their objective and their 26-28 teams are all going in the right direction quickly. The 26 and 28 teams are in top 20 and 27s are sub 30 with a TON of talent banging on the doors for tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Skywalkers is more than fine, peaking in middle school isn’t their objective and their 26-28 teams are all going in the right direction quickly. The 26 and 28 teams are in top 20 and 27s are sub 30 with a TON of talent banging on the doors for tryouts.

28 SWB Team sitting at #9 now and rising. Lots of talent will be at tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tell 26-28 to step up and make sure they play in the top brackets. Not like 27 did at summer genesis origins.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is going to happen to the girls currently on the SW team when all this great new talent comes out? Will they take a white invite or jump ship?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tell 26-28 to step up and make sure they play in the top brackets. Not like 27 did at summer genesis origins.

27s took the number one team in country to the wire ina 3-2 game.

Anyway this is the 28 board and don’t understand your issue w Skywalkers

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Those Coppermine parents are more interested in winning t-shirts for their kids than joining SW and going to a better college! You can’t fix notIntelligent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Basically if SW will be successful in HS, it will be from grabbing talent on other clubs. That’s their secret.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was a 22 min game where HG had a full week of camp and played M&D, Aces, MDU, before having a fifth game of the weekend on a hot afternoon day.

SW only made the playoffs to begin with by playing sub top-30 teams in a bad bracket.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Tell 26-28 to step up and make sure they play in the top brackets. Not like 27 did at summer genesis origins.

Play a full game! It’s not the same.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Tell 26-28 to step up and make sure they play in the top brackets. Not like 27 did at summer genesis origins.

Play a full game! It’s not the same.

So playoff games don’t matter , got it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Those Coppermine parents are more interested in winning t-shirts for their kids than joining SW and going to a better college! You can’t fix notIntelligent.

They have to stay relevant some how so they show off their t shirts while talent leaves for better clubs for HS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The most amazing thing about Coppermine is the girls on the team are all really nice kids and hang out w girls from other clubs…Despite having awful parents who peaked in 8th grade

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The most amazing thing about Coppermine is the girls on the team are all really nice kids and hang out w girls from other clubs…Despite having awful parents who peaked in 8th grade

Shame there are some really bitter adults on here that post this [Censored]. I love watching my daughter play lacrosse and really enjoy all the other parents from other teams (local & out of State). Some parents can be intense on the sidelines from every team but majority are fun to watch great games with. Betting most of these post are from the same few trying to make others miserable like themselves. Stay positive people- are daughters are watching.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whooaaaa Nelly! Watch out...less than a week until chaos!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Predictions on the number of new players each of the top teams will pick up or lose?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Predictions on the number of new players each of the top teams will pick up or lose?

Will be a big change for some. Clubs that think they will be on top will find out soon enough.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will be a big change for some. Clubs that think they will be on top will find out soon enough.

My prediction: very little change among the top teams. The top players on Coppermine, MDU, and Crush will not leave for M&D or Hero's, nor, despite the optimism, SW. Same good teams competing next year. Teams not named Coppermine need to figure out a way to stop them. The top players on the Maryland top 5 will have successful recruiting processes even without one of the top historical names on the front of their jersey.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Recruiting doesn’t really start until fall of your sophomore year, coaches live in the now and aren’t even thinking about 27 and younger.

No need to move now but next year maybe.

I’d be most concerned if I was in crush, that is where I can see some girls bailing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My prediction: very little change among the top teams. The top players on Coppermine, MDU, and Crush will not leave for M&D or Hero's, nor, despite the optimism, SW. Same good teams competing next year. Teams not named Coppermine need to figure out a way to stop them. The top players on the Maryland top 5 will have successful recruiting processes even without one of the top historical names on the front of their jersey.

Top players from lower ranked clubs absolutely will leave for M&D, Heros and SW. It's been that way going into 8th grade for a decade. It is time to think about recruiting. M&D, Heros and SW all have massive recruiting histories tied to them. That will win in the end when it comes to high school club lacrosse. I am sorry to break this to you, but this is the way it is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The attendance at practices and private workouts says otherwise.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you have insight into who is attending multiple teams practices and "private workouts"? Unless you are a coach at one of the teams, this sounds made up. And even then you wouldn't have insight into what's happening at the other teams. Don't say "people talk". The smart ones don't about decisions like these.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Recruiting doesn’t really start until fall of your sophomore year, coaches live in the now and aren’t even thinking about 27 and younger.

I’d be most concerned if I was in crush, that is where I can see some girls bailing.

Wrong. The longer the club coaches and recruiting director know about a player firsthand, the better. Using M&D as an example, you know Scott R. is saying to schools, “player x has been with M&D for 4 years, so blah blah blah.”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong. The longer the club coaches and recruiting director know about a player firsthand, the better. Using M&D as an example, you know Scott R. is saying to schools, “player x has been with M&D for 4 years, so blah blah blah.”

Lies…coaches are NOT looking at 28s for a few years

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you have insight into who is attending multiple teams practices and "private workouts"? Unless you are a coach at one of the teams, this sounds made up. And even then you wouldn't have insight into what's happening at the other teams. Don't say "people talk". The smart ones don't about decisions like these.

You obviously don’t have a daughter on one of the top teams. There have been new players at all of their practices and some players have attended multiple teams practices. You don’t need to have “people talk”, the girls friends with girls across teams and word travels fast.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The moment a player shows up at practice, the text messages begin. It is no secret who is showing up where they don't belong until tryouts. And we all wonder why club lacrosse has such a bad rap these days. Nothing is done fairly anymore. Private tryouts are held, multiple "invites" to practices are given, so many back door door deals are made, teams are already decided prior to tryouts year after year, but continue to hold them for the extra money, and kids continue to be blindsided and lied to. This is club lacrosse. And it's only going to continue to get worse because the behaviors will never change. It's sad really. There was a time when the youth level was respectable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The moment a player shows up at practice, the text messages begin. It is no secret who is showing up where they don't belong until tryouts. And we all wonder why club lacrosse has such a bad rap these days. Nothing is done fairly anymore. Private tryouts are held, multiple "invites" to practices are given, so many back door door deals are made, teams are already decided prior to tryouts year after year, but continue to hold them for the extra money, and kids continue to be blindsided and lied to. This is club lacrosse. And it's only going to continue to get worse because the behaviors will never change. It's sad really. There was a time when the youth level was respectable.

Well said, you just described some of the top clubs including the top and how they do things.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what is the guess based off of knowledge of players at other teams. Who will come out the best?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lies…coaches are NOT looking at 28s for a few years

Thanks, Captain Obvious. Who said they were?

“No need to move now” was the comment. Moving to a club with better recruiting history earlier does have its benefits.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bam! NEMS is back…and better than ever! Coppermine isn’t the only team that wins championships! NEMS just won the Grind Championship and now have shifted their focus on winning the Mid-Atlantic! One tourney championship at a time!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said, you just described some of the top clubs including the top and how they do things.

It’s ALL being driven by the parents not the clubs

Kids aren’t writing emails and making calls…it’s the parents

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what is the guess based off of knowledge of players at other teams. Who will come out the best?

I think there is really only one player that people are focused on where she goes. The quiet about it is interesting, as I am sure she already has an offer or 2 or 3 even though tryouts are 24 hours away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bam! NEMS is back…and better than ever! Coppermine isn’t the only team that wins championships! NEMS just won the Grind Championship and now have shifted their focus on winning the Mid-Atlantic! One tourney championship at a time!

Impressive! You know good teams will be at the MA though?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think there is really only one player that people are focused on where she goes. The quiet about it is interesting, as I am sure she already has an offer or 2 or 3 even though tryouts are 24 hours away.

Where is our odds maker from the regular season for where that player goes! Haha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s ALL being driven by the parents not the clubs

Kids aren’t writing emails and making calls…it’s the parents

If you really believe that, you don’t know what goes on at these top clubs. They try to one up each other on who can be more shady.

As for the big team change, it’s probably quiet as all 3 teams in contention are just waiting on the decision.

Like Reply Quote
Page 51 of 81 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 80 81
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard