Originally Posted by Anonymous
Things are awfully quiet in here. Is someone afraid of letting the cat out of the bag about comings and goings?

Very quiet. I wonder where the poster that predicted that several Coppermine and Hero's girls would go to Sky Walkers--especially since they will be playing at US Youth Nationals during SW's tryouts.

I have no idea if anyone will go to SW or not although they've had plenty of people come practice with them the past two weeks. So if that is any indicator they'll pick up some girls. I'd be surprised if Coppermine picked up new girls. One - their tryouts are the same days as M&D and SW ( i guess they'll commute back and forth to DE for these youth nationals and norris field on tryout days🤔) but two they rely heavily on two maybe three players and the others can seem like place holders. That will begin to not work as the teams get older. i'm not saying they won't still win games but they'll have more losses and closer games going forward. It's already happened this summer. Third - a panic sets in when recruiting comes. i'm not saying it's right or that it's necessary. It just happens and families won't want to risk being at a club that doesn't have a strong recruiting history. again - i don't know whether or not girls from other clubs would be recruited as highly but people don't want to risk it. Heros lacks competition for girls in their geographic area. I think they'll get some good players at tryouts but after 8th grade they stop holding open tryouts

Mark this down and come back in a year. Coppermine will no longer be on top at this time next year.