BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,872
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 24 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 23 24
Re: Boys 2028 - 7th Grade Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Guess all those daddy coaches over there aren’t working out

Venom lost in the semifinals to North in a great game. They are one of the best coaches teams out there year after year. Not sure what’s “not working”.

I thought that comment was directed at the LumberingJacks

Lumberjacks cut a goalie that went and played for Express. I question the people making decisions. They have some talent but not enough to hang w top 2. Would love to see them play Rush.

They cut a kid that then started for a much better team?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lumberjax have left their legacy

Leave them alone they beat the 2nd to last team!

Only thing Legacy had in last several years is Taz but that is done now also. Overrated organization who just dangles that carrot in front of parents to the highest degree smh

Parents eat it up though. “Look at all the schools this team is sending kids to.”

they can sell it all they want, but they don’t have another team like that in their pipeline right now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only thing Legacy had in last several years is Taz but that is done now also. Overrated organization who just dangles that carrot in front of parents to the highest degree smh

Parents eat it up though. “Look at all the schools this team is sending kids to.”

they can sell it all they want, but they don’t have another team like that in their pipeline right now.

That's whatis laughable. College lax scholarships.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW....got really quiet in here! 2 Westchester teams make the finals, I guess the fellas up north are starting to catch up to LI.
Good Luck in the finals, North vs. 2Way
2 way cheated. Face off kid from PA. They were chanting cheaters after the freedom game.
The fogo from PA didn’t even play for 2way at World Series. He was on freedom because he was too far from 2way

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to Igloo Northmen, got crushed!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guess all those daddy coaches over there aren’t working out

Venom lost in the semifinals to North in a great game. They are one of the best coaches teams out there year after year. Not sure what’s “not working”.

I thought that comment was directed at the LumberingJacks

Lumberjacks cut a goalie that went and played for Express. I question the people making decisions. They have some talent but not enough to hang w top 2. Would love to see them play Rush.

They cut a kid that then started for a much better team?

Yup. Kid was at Legacy for years too. Obviously, it wasn't the kid that was the problem.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking into tryouts for my son and I’ve noticed that the rebels are holding tryouts a week before everyone else. My son is a AA player but there is no way I’d commit to them before hearing results from 91, Express, Legacy, Rush or S2S. We’re still not 100% sure on who else he’s going to try out for due to try out conflict times, this is my wife and mines opinions, any insight would be appreciated

91/express - we feel our boy can contribute on these teams but probably won’t make them
Surge - good core, a possibility

Rebels - I’ve heard many disgruntled parents with them this year, I saw at the beginning of this year they claimed new additions would put them back at the top, but that has not happened at all

Legacy - I heard all the kids that went to them this year and was upset we didn’t try out there last year, but surprising to me they didn’t perform well at all. I honestly thought they were going to be better than Venom and Express this year, if not…. Real close to them. Is coaching the problem?

Rush - it looks like they are starting a second team, I wonder if that will open up some spots on a team whose roster has been the same for the most part for the past few years. They seemed to have some good results lately but has some rough results earlier

S2S - strong core of kids, I’ve heard some of the top kids want to move to 91 or express, will they make it, will they bring in new talent, and it seems there has been coaching issues there

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My advice would be to play for a team which your son will see significant minutes on the field and get coached by varsity coaches. Stay away from daddy ball and 35 kids on express’ sideline. Depending on where you live, I recommend Rush or Surge

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking into tryouts for my son and I’ve noticed that the rebels are holding tryouts a week before everyone else. My son is a AA player but there is no way I’d commit to them before hearing results from 91, Express, Legacy, Rush or S2S. We’re still not 100% sure on who else he’s going to try out for due to try out conflict times, this is my wife and mines opinions, any insight would be appreciated

91/express - we feel our boy can contribute on these teams but probably won’t make them

Rebels - I’ve heard many disgruntled parents with them this year, I saw at the beginning of this year they claimed new additions would put them back at the top, but that has not happened at all

Legacy - I heard all the kids that went to them this year and was upset we didn’t try out there last year, but surprising to me they didn’t perform well at all. I honestly thought they were going to be better than Venom and Express this year, if not…. Real close to them. Is coaching the problem?

Rush - it looks like they are starting a second team, I wonder if that will open up some spots on a team whose roster has been the same for the most part for the past few years. They seemed to have some good results lately but has some rough results earlier

S2S - strong core of kids, I’ve heard some of the top kids want to move to 91 or express, will they make it, will they bring in new talent, and it seems there has been coaching issues there

First if you thought Legacy was going to be #1 you don’t know the teams. And that’s no knock on legacy- great kids there but they are a notch below and on top of that have underperformed. Kids will prob move away from this team
Second if your kid is good enough to contribute at Venom or Chucks then he will make the team- go to tryouts.

After that surge, Rush and S2S all good options. Good coaching and solid players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t know about rush or rebels. Each of those teams have a couple of parents that you don’t want to be around. It got ugly between those 2 last weekend. Don’t say you weren’t warned

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

0savior instead of spending time coaching their players and team....they think the new golden child is the bomb then alienate their core talentedplauwrs, bad businessmodel because players scatter, hence posts like this. That is why many programs flounder like legacy and rebels. .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t know about rush or rebels. Each of those teams have a couple of parents that you don’t want to be around. It got ugly between those 2 last weekend. Don’t say you weren’t warned

Parents were screaming at each other at the Venom Chucks game too @tristar. I’m sure that every team has “that parent”. We all know years ago the rebels parents were by far the worst, but for the most part they seemed to have calmed down lately.

Golden rule for me of being in the sideline, don’t negatively interact with the other teams kids or parents and everything goes smooth, once someone crosses that line it can get ugly. There is always going to be parents, kids and coaches that will question refs, but that’s up to the refs to handle. If you don’t have anything nice to say to people you don’t know don’t say anything at all

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

These are off the cuff numbers for 2028, so forgive me if I’m wrong.

Rebels has 3 teams
Express has 3 teams (I think)
Rush has 1 team
Igloo has 2 teams
Recon has 1 team
True blue has 1 team
91 has 2 teams
S2S had 1 team
Legacy has 3 teams.

Maybe I missed one or two, but let’s all agree on 17 teams for the 2028 graduation year on Long Island. The lumberjax are pretty much the 3rd best team out of 17 on Long Island. Maybe one or two teams below them could beat them on a given day. With that said, they could beat the two teams above them if all cylinders fire and the ball goes their way.

But anyway, on to my point and hopefully a moment of clarity. Can one of the two people I quoted please come back and answer this question?
What’s with the obsession with the lumberjax? In all seriousness, it’s perplexing. I’m going to make an assumption that you’re not venom or chuck parents. That wouldn’t make sense because you have beaten the lumberjax and truth be told have a roster that runs a bit deeper. Thus, any parent from the aforementioned teams wouldn’t waste their time on here bashing a team that is no threat to them. Which leads me to the motivation behind the obsession. Is it because your son tried out and didn’t make the team? A little bit of training can help that and I can recommend some facilities with quality training. I can see some bitterness arising from that but there is hope for your child. Or maybe your child was on the team and rode the bench, so you chose to leave? If that’s the case, I give the same advice. Train hard!
It’s a bit of a mystery to me so I would appreciate some insight. I’ll be waiting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have definitely seen every team have parents lose their cool, some kids have lost their spots on teams due to how toxic they are

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At the National Showdown (run by the rebels parent company) the 3 rebels teams won a combined 3 games out of 15 games and 2 of those wins were vs other rebels teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My advice would be to play for a team which your son will see significant minutes on the field and get coached by varsity coaches. Stay away from daddy ball and 35 kids on express’ sideline. Depending on where you live, I recommend Rush or Surge

Nice job Surge coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryouts question, looking for suggestions. Is playing time on an average team better than less playing time but MUCH better coaching somewhere else?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At the National Showdown (run by the rebels parent company) the 3 rebels teams won a combined 3 games out of 15 games and 2 of those wins were vs other rebels teams.

It appears someone not only has a legacy obsession but a rebels obsession too

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your son is a AA player and isn’t on any of those teams? Where has he been hiding all these years?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you want daddy ball? Go to Legacy, both 91 teams
Do you want to be screamed at by a lunatic coach? Go to Rush or igloo

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryouts question, looking for suggestions. Is playing time on an average team better than less playing time but MUCH better coaching somewhere else?

Yes, 1000%. But the coach has to committed as well. But there is so much A team envy out there, however, eventually in 3 years this group will learn you can’t get committed from the sidelines. Confidence starts with success on the field and that can’t be matched in practice. Getting one shift or [Censored] time minutes is an absolute waste. IMHO you should be contacting coaches now and asking to come to practice and get a look (for you and by the coach) before tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, 1000%. But the coach has to committed as well. But there is so much A team envy out there, however, eventually in 3 years this group will learn you can’t get committed from the sidelines. Confidence starts with success on the field and that can’t be matched in practice. Getting one shift or [Censored] time minutes is an absolute waste. IMHO you should be contacting coaches now and asking to come to practice and get a look (for you and by the coach) before tryouts.

Well said. Nothing matters more than playing time and your kid contributing to the outcome of the game. Every team (all- not one team excluded) has a parent or 2 who is a little much. Find the right mix of playing time and level of competition. Some people complain of Daddy Ball coaches however, they tend to be the most invested and reliable. if you are a backup on a top team like Express or 91 and are happy with not playing much then maybe it is the right fit. Look at your sons emotions prior to and after a game. Does he enjoy the time between games or at the hotel? Those moments are as important as the tournaments themselves. All things being equal find a place where your son can play a significant amount of time and has a top notch coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rebels has 3 teams
Rush has 1 team
Igloo has 2 teams
Recon has 1 team
True blue has 1 team
91 has 2 teams
S2S had 1 team
Legacy has 3 teams.

Maybe I missed one or two, but let’s all agree on 17 teams for the 2028 graduation year on Long Island. The lumberjax are pretty much the 3rd best team out of 17 on Long Island. Maybe one or two teams below them could beat them on a given day. With that said, they could beat the two teams above them if all cylinders fire and the ball goes their way.

But anyway, on to my point and hopefully a moment of clarity. Can one of the two people I quoted please come back and answer this question?
What’s with the obsession with the lumberjax? In all seriousness, it’s perplexing. I’m going to make an assumption that you’re not venom or chuck parents. That wouldn’t make sense because you have beaten the lumberjax and truth be told have a roster that runs a bit deeper. Thus, any parent from the aforementioned teams wouldn’t waste their time on here bashing a team that is no threat to them. Which leads me to the motivation behind the obsession. Is it because your son tried out and didn’t make the team? A little bit of training can help that and I can recommend some facilities with quality training. I can see some bitterness arising from that but there is hope for your child. Or maybe your child was on the team and rode the bench, so you chose to leave? If that’s the case, I give the same advice. Train hard!
It’s a bit of a mystery to me so I would appreciate some insight. I’ll be waiting.

Coaching

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rebels has 3 teams
Rush has 1 team
Igloo has 2 teams
Recon has 1 team
True blue has 1 team
91 has 2 teams
S2S had 1 team
Legacy has 3 teams.

Coaching

If your looking for Coaching/low roster size tons of practices and Middle of the island - Try out at BTB - 18 field players and 2 goalies - Looking to add the correct depth and the coach won't just take anyone to fill roster spots.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone tell me what they know about 2way!!! Did they really cheat?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice job Surge coach.

Surge is the last place to go …..kids left during tournamen bc of fool coach not a good look

Out of control

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Surge is a good team. The reason why a kid left a tournament was because of playing time. It's a competitive team with too many kids on it, which is being addressed. The disgruntled ones are leaving as they should. Their kids needs to be playing. I wish them luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The rumor flying around NC was that 2Way had 2 illegal kids. The tourney was made aware after the kids had played all day 1.. The only punishment . . . those 2 kids were no longer allowed to play.

I hope that's not the case. Obviously it would be a bad look for 2way, but it would also kill the credibility of LWSC and encourage programs to cheat in the future if there's no real penalty.

Anyone have more details?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rebels has 3 teams
Rush has 1 team
Igloo has 2 teams
Recon has 1 team
True blue has 1 team
91 has 2 teams
S2S had 1 team
Legacy has 3 teams.

Coaching

If your looking for Coaching/low roster size tons of practices and Middle of the island - Try out at BTB - 18 field players and 2 goalies - Looking to add the correct depth and the coach won't just take anyone to fill roster spots.

Their coach is as good as it gets. They had a good core at end of last year but many left and it fell apart. He still does a great job and they compete all the time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correction,
Surge only has 31 players and 3 Daddy coaches

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rebels has 3 teams
Rush has 1 team
Igloo has 2 teams
Recon has 1 team
True blue has 1 team
91 has 2 teams
S2S had 1 team
Legacy has 3 teams.

Coaching

Their coach is as good as it gets. They had a good core at end of last year but many left and it fell apart. He still does a great job and they compete all the time.

Agreed. Coaching is top notch and they can hang with the better teams. Only going to improve each year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correction,
Correction,

31??????
For the B team with a fool coach that’s insane

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Correction,

Cmon someone has to pay for the venom players tuition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rebels has 3 teams
Rush has 1 team
Igloo has 2 teams
Recon has 1 team
True blue has 1 team
91 has 2 teams
S2S had 1 team
Legacy has 3 teams.

Coaching

Not sure I’d say “fell apart”. Considering that 75% of the previous yr starters left (like the Baltimore Colts) for greener pastures LOL - coaching staff did a bang up job. If it’s about the bumper sticker - stay where you are. If you want to play meaningful games and learn then call us. If you paid 4K to watch little Johnny Laxbro stand on the sideline - I’m talking to you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to Igloo?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The rumor flying around NC was that 2Way had 2 illegal kids. The tourney was made aware after the kids had played all day 1.. The only punishment . . . those 2 kids were no longer allowed to play.

I hope that's not the case. Obviously it would be a bad look for 2way, but it would also kill the credibility of LWSC and encourage programs to cheat in the future if there's no real penalty.

Anyone have more details?

I don’t know about the cheating but I can tell you all is the teams were chanting “cheaters” at them when they beat Philadelphia freedom. The kids all seem to know something. Then at the championship game all of the kids from other teams were openly rooting for North and booing 2Way. I feel for the kids because their coaches and program program really put them in a tough position.

In the end it didn’t matter because North beat them easily and was clearly the class of the tournament. That team kind of came out of nowhere but hats off to them. They beat all of the top teams convincingly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
According to Greta - Igloo melted!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The rumor flying around NC was that 2Way had 2 illegal kids. The tourney was made aware after the kids had played all day 1.. The only punishment . . . those 2 kids were no longer allowed to play.

Anyone have more details?[/quote

I don’t know about the cheating but I can tell you all is the teams were chanting “cheaters” at them when they beat Philadelphia freedom. The kids all seem to know something. Then at the championship game all of the kids from other teams were openly rooting for North and booing 2Way. I feel for the kids because their coaches and program program really put them in a tough position.

In the end it didn’t matter because North beat them easily and was clearly the class of the tournament. That team kind of came out of nowhere but hats off to them. They beat all of the top teams convincingly.

North has been a great team for at least the past 3 yrs. Aside from being huge, they are well coached.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. They had 1 (maybe 2) players that were not in the qualifier roster that they brought, got called out for doing it, and still were allowed to play with the player(s). Add to that the team is a CT, NY, MA, PA, and NJ team that was mostly new players to the club/age group based out of Greenwich CT it was essentially an all-star team stretching the 100 mile rule pretty good. The program dumped ~10 players to bring on a group of kids from NJ who were all new to 2Way. These guys actually are worse than the Boston Blue Jays who at least didn’t pretend to be a club team. 2Way directors/coaches should be ashamed to have put those kids in that position. The team was booed and shouted at as “cheaters” after their win over Freedom. The entire stadium at the final was cheering for Express North over 2Way for obvious reasons. No wonder 2Way isn’t in the NAL or NLF.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious to see what happens with all the pop up east teams from last year. Express, legacy, rebels. Will the kids return or do they struggle filling rosters.
Now turtles looking to make an east team. They couldn’t make a regular 28 team last year not sure what intel is telling them there is a big market for east but maybe they know something.

Like Reply Quote
Page 12 of 24 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 23 24
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard