BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,321
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 50 of 81 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 80 81
Re: MD Girls 2028
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Impressive comeback today by Coppermine, after getting dominated by Aces for 30 minutes on Saturday. Still top dog.

Aces had a heck of a tournament, handing Coppermine their first loss this year, as well as Crush (6-0 at half), and Heroes.

Also, while giving respect, where did this Sky Walkers 2028 come from? Going 4-0 and beating Eagle Stix in pool play! Then knocking off MD United East, who was having a great tourney in the bracket, before pushing Coppermine in the final. Since beating M&D toward the end of the NGLL season, they have had an impressive run.

Any insight into what changed for Sky Walkers? Did they get some new additions, or just start to click as a team? I have to say I was skeptical of the Sky Walkers homers claiming they would keep improving into the high school years on this thread. So far so good.

Skywalkers will continue to get better and keep improving. They are well coached and have the name behind them. They aren’t going anywhere.

This post adds no information to the OP's question. They had good coaching before right? What has changed since mid-April when they lost to Stars, to today when they beat MDU in a playoff by 5 goals. That's a huge leap in 2 months. What do Sky Walkers insiders attribute it to? Or if all they can say is "they have the name" and "they aren't going anywhere", maybe someone with lax IQ who has watched them can enlighten.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Impressive comeback today by Coppermine, after getting dominated by Aces for 30 minutes on Saturday. Still top dog.

Aces had a heck of a tournament, handing Coppermine their first loss this year, as well as Crush (6-0 at half), and Heroes.

Also, while giving respect, where did this Sky Walkers 2028 come from? Going 4-0 and beating Eagle Stix in pool play! Then knocking off MD United East, who was having a great tourney in the bracket, before pushing Coppermine in the final. Since beating M&D toward the end of the NGLL season, they have had an impressive run.

Any insight into what changed for Sky Walkers? Did they get some new additions, or just start to click as a team? I have to say I was skeptical of the Sky Walkers homers claiming they would keep improving into the high school years on this thread. So far so good.

Skywalkers will continue to get better and keep improving. They are well coached and have the name behind them. They aren’t going anywhere.

This post adds no information to the OP's question. They had good coaching before right? What has changed since mid-April when they lost to Stars, to today when they beat MDU in a playoff by 5 goals. That's a huge leap in 2 months. What do Sky Walkers insiders attribute it to? Or if all they can say is "they have the name" and "they aren't going anywhere", maybe someone with lax IQ who has watched them can enlighten.

Anyone who knows the SW program knows they are about development in the early years. Some times it takes time for it to “click”. Looks like this team is starting to put it together just in time for the HS years. Look at the 2027 team for another example of this happening. They went from irrelevant to making the semis and listing to heros by a goal in a game of they had a real chance to win at the end.

Anyone surprised by SW success really hasn’t followed their program to understand the “why”.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They hired a new coach who started in the spring. He was a HC at another major club for many years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This post adds no information to the OP's question. They had good coaching before right? What has changed since mid-April when they lost to Stars, to today when they beat MDU in a playoff by 5 goals. That's a huge leap in 2 months. What do Sky Walkers insiders attribute it to? Or if all they can say is "they have the name" and "they aren't going anywhere", maybe someone with lax IQ who has watched them can enlighten.[/quote]

I can give you insight. They got a new
coach who started in the spring with the NGLL. He moved girls around, uses playing time differently, and is a defense heavy coach and it has made a huge difference. They've lost to the coppermine 28's by only one goal in the last two tournaments

people who have been around club for a long time know this always happens with skywalkers and they've been saying it in this board all year. This is generally what happens with their teams as they approach high school. Both the 27's and 28's will improve even more after tryouts next month. All the naysayers on here will be proven wrong. Will they be the number one teams in the rankings ? Probably not but they will be much improved

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone who knows the SW program knows they are about development in the early years. Some times it takes time for it to “click”. Looks like this team is starting to put it together just in time for the HS years. Look at the 2027 team for another example of this happening. They went from irrelevant to making the semis and listing to heros by a goal in a game of they had a real chance to win at the end.

Anyone surprised by SW success really hasn’t followed their program to understand the “why”.

Let's cut out the [Censored]. The 2027 SW team played in the B bracket of Genesis, that's why they made the playoffs.
They went 4-0 against the #95, #34 (won by a goal) #55 and #56 ranked teams.

They played a HG team that's been going non stop since March. Yes, they kept it within a goal for 22 minutes.

SW could "click" by High School, but its going to be because of roster turnover, girls developed by other clubs who come to SW for recruiting purposes.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They hired a new coach who started in the spring. He was a HC at another major club for many years.

What club did he come from?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What club did he come from?

He was the 23 Black M&D coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SW could "click" by High School, but its going to be because of roster turnover, girls developed by other clubs who come to SW for recruiting purposes.[/quote]

You've actually got it completely backwards. what clubs do you think "develop" girls ?? That's comical. my daughter
plays for M&D so I can tell you there's no development happening there m. They are a collector of already talented players or players who are strong at a young age. There's no magic coaching or teaching there. Skywalkers problem with their young teams is they force their teams to move the and transition the ball instead of letting the best player or
physically biggest player run up and down with the ball. They take super athletic girls in the young age instead of girls with the beat stickwork. Sometime playing the right way hurts their teams but when they get older they
move the ball and play fast. Girls at M&D constantly pay (a lot) for outside training. i can't speak to their clubs but the development is being done by the girls themselves

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the responses on Sky Walkers progress. Very interesting and pretty impressive. Website suggests that they won't be at Mid Atlantic Summer Club Championships. Would have been intriguing to see if the trajectory continued up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SW could "click" by High School, but its going to be because of roster turnover, girls developed by other clubs who come to SW for recruiting purposes.

You've actually got it completely backwards. what clubs do you think "develop" girls ?? That's comical. my daughter
plays for M&D so I can tell you there's no development happening there m. They are a collector of already talented players or players who are strong at a young age. There's no magic coaching or teaching there. Skywalkers problem with their young teams is they force their teams to move the and transition the ball instead of letting the best player or
physically biggest player run up and down with the ball. They take super athletic girls in the young age instead of girls with the beat stickwork. Sometime playing the right way hurts their teams but when they get older they
move the ball and play fast. Girls at M&D constantly pay (a lot) for outside training. i can't speak to their clubs but the development is being done by the girls themselves[/quote]

Disagree on this bit. While there isn't much "skill" development from club and I agree that most players were talented before they got there, I do believe there is development.

This development comes from having to go up against talented players 3 times a week in practices and having to compete for playing time. This is why a talented player from a lower level club, say Next Level or NEMS, would really grow at a top 4 club.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

move the ball and play fast. Girls at M&D constantly pay (a lot) for outside training. i can't speak to their clubs but the development is being done by the girls themselves[/quote]

Yes and no. Development must take place outside of club practices, stickwork, shooting drills, etc. No denying that, and the kids that don't do this, as superior as they are athletically aren't going to fully develop and absolutely will get past by the grinders. But there is also team training during club that help develop talent. How is the offense ran, is it iso and screens or is there lots of ball movement, cutting from top and running offense through low attack like most HS and college teams do. Is it 1-2 scorers (typically middies) that just play me ball and run it down because of just size speed advantage, or are there assisted goals, coming from varying players?

Yes, the M&D and Hero's of the world win because of the talent that comes from outside through the years. Sometimes they start from Day 1.

As for "playing the right way", most teams try to work the ball out to defenders and move it upfield through passing, not just give it to a speed demon and watch her clear it.

Again, SW, if they break into the top-10, which as of now, no reason to think they will, it will be from additions not by development of the current crop.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Separate topic: how are clubs managing tryouts that conflict with US Youth Nationals? There has been lots of speculation on this board on moves between clubs. If all the players that might move are in Frederica during their home club and target club's scheduled tryouts, how will this movement happen? Are these informal conversations direct with coaches, or...

For instance, how will Sky Walkers get stronger after tryouts, if their tryout is during US Youth Nationals and most of the players who might be interested in a move are out of state. M&D's tryouts are also the same dates. Aren't they at US Youth Nationals as well? Seems like a relatively important conflict.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Separate topic: how are clubs managing tryouts that conflict with US Youth Nationals? There has been lots of speculation on this board on moves between clubs. If all the players that might move are in Frederica during their home club and target club's scheduled tryouts, how will this movement happen? Are these informal conversations direct with coaches, or...

For instance, how will Sky Walkers get stronger after tryouts, if their tryout is during US Youth Nationals and most of the players who might be interested in a move are out of state. M&D's tryouts are also the same dates. Aren't they at US Youth Nationals as well? Seems like a relatively important conflict.

no one from Baltimore plays in youth nationals

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree, my DD plays for a Top club and the only development has been at practice from competing and going against top players on the team. Not from coaching or good offensive/defensive concepts. The only development gained is by going up against other great players. Working outside with training is needed as the coaching at most of these clubs is not good and development is not there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The tryout rumors have been squashed in the past few weeks. Will their be a lot of movement or are people likely to stay put?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The tryout rumors have been squashed in the past few weeks. Will their be a lot of movement or are people likely to stay put?

The biggest question marks are what happens with the best players on MDU and Crush, do they move to other teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tryouts aren't meaningful for SW or any other top club, except for their B teams. Any girls serious about making a move has already practiced with them during the summer or will practice with them soon.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess you will be leaving M&D then ? I’m sure your family will be missed. Go watch the 23 -25 Sw. Selfish play all over. The out of state girls on each square come to get the SW name and force the ball way too much. SW also plays to win with a few on each team not getting into games. No club is perfect. Pick the team that fits your daughter instead of complaining.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The biggest question marks are what happens with the best players on MDU and Crush, do they move to other teams?
Word on the street is there may be a couple of defections from both teams! Especially after this past weekends tourney.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Word on the street is there may be a couple of defections from both teams! Especially after this past weekends tourney.

Wasn't the word here that Crush and their core was going to stay together? MDU movement would change the landscape if their top player leaves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both teams will lose top players this summer. They aren’t going down with the ship. Neither is a top A team and doesn’t have the pull to get better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wasn't the word here that Crush and their core was going to stay together? MDU movement would change the landscape if their top player leaves.
Heard a couple of possible movements that may shock some on this board and potentially change the balance of power in the A league. Guess we’ll all find out in two weeks when tryouts start.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last time I checked Hero's Green is from Baltimore. Believe their 2027s won US Youth Nationals last year. Assume they might send their 2028s this year? If so, that would undermine the Hero's Green girl(s) trying out for Sky Walkers line of discussion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both teams will lose top players this summer. They aren’t going down with the ship. Neither is a top A team and doesn’t have the pull to get better.

MDU has a good recruiting track record. Wouldn’t it be the opposite? People start going there for the recruiting reputation, not leaving there at this stage of the game?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MDU just tied Eagle stix, so not sure how they aren’t a top team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a top A team? That’s right only M&D and HG are top A teams in the state…..come on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a top A team? That’s right only M&D and HG are top A teams in the state…..come on.

The only players who should be looking to make a move at this age is the top players "who think" the grass is greener on a top team or players who are on top teams who sit the bench and never play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last time I checked Hero's Green is from Baltimore. Believe their 2027s won US Youth Nationals last year. Assume they might send their 2028s this year? If so, that would undermine the Hero's Green girl(s) trying out for Sky Walkers line of discussion.

And the schedules are out for US Youth Nationals 2023. If by saying "no one from Baltimore," you somehow aren't counting Coppermine and Hero's--the #1 and #3 teams in the country, then you would be right. Clown.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heard a couple of possible movements that may shock some on this board and potentially change the balance of power in the A league. Guess we’ll all find out in two weeks when tryouts start.

Let's hear the speculation!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will any clubs like M&D move players between the A and B team or does that not happen at this age?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will any clubs like M&D move players between the A and B team or does that not happen at this age?

M&D moved quite a few players from Black to the new Red team last summer. If new, better players come in to the Black team, there could be players moving down to Red or other clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many teams you want at the top ? M&D and Heros are by far the only teams at the top. Everyone else trying to beat them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many teams you want at the top ? M&D and Heros are by far the only teams at the top. Everyone else trying to beat them.

If we are talking actual lacrosse, versus historical or speculative recruiting reputation, there are more "top A teams". Coppermine is clearly there at the top and hasn't lost to either M&D or Hero's this year. And MDU and Crush--both top 6 teams nationally, with wins against both clubs this year, probably have a case to be considered a "top A team" in MD for goodness sakes. All will place girls at top D1 programs as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of people confusing teams with programs and basing ideas and perceptions of years old success.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If we are talking actual lacrosse, versus historical or speculative recruiting reputation, there are more "top A teams". Coppermine is clearly there at the top and hasn't lost to either M&D or Hero's this year. And MDU and Crush--both top 6 teams nationally, with wins against both clubs this year, probably have a case to be considered a "top A team" in MD for goodness sakes. All will place girls at top D1 programs as well.

I think the person was being sarcastic….but yes, everyone agrees these teams are top teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Things are awfully quiet in here. Is someone afraid of letting the cat out of the bag about comings and goings?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Things are awfully quiet in here. Is someone afraid of letting the cat out of the bag about comings and goings?

Very quiet. I wonder where the poster that predicted that several Coppermine and Hero's girls would go to Sky Walkers--especially since they will be playing at US Youth Nationals during SW's tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very quiet. I wonder where the poster that predicted that several Coppermine and Hero's girls would go to Sky Walkers--especially since they will be playing at US Youth Nationals during SW's tryouts.

I have no idea if anyone will go to SW or not although they've had plenty of people come practice with them the past two weeks. So if that is any indicator they'll pick up some girls. I'd be surprised if Coppermine picked up new girls. One - their tryouts are the same days as M&D and SW ( i guess they'll commute back and forth to DE for these youth nationals and norris field on tryout days🤔) but two they rely heavily on two maybe three players and the others can seem like place holders. That will begin to not work as the teams get older. i'm not saying they won't still win games but they'll have more losses and closer games going forward. It's already happened this summer. Third - a panic sets in when recruiting comes. i'm not saying it's right or that it's necessary. It just happens and families won't want to risk being at a club that doesn't have a strong recruiting history. again - i don't know whether or not girls from other clubs would be recruited as highly but people don't want to risk it. Heros lacks competition for girls in their geographic area. I think they'll get some good players at tryouts but after 8th grade they stop holding open tryouts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My guess is that every player wants to go to Coppermine. It only makes sense right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My guess is that every player wants to go to Coppermine. It only makes sense right?

Let's see if anyone takes the bait.

Like Reply Quote
Page 50 of 81 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 80 81
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard