Originally Posted by Anonymous
SW could "click" by High School, but its going to be because of roster turnover, girls developed by other clubs who come to SW for recruiting purposes.

You've actually got it completely backwards. what clubs do you think "develop" girls ?? That's comical. my daughter
plays for M&D so I can tell you there's no development happening there m. They are a collector of already talented players or players who are strong at a young age. There's no magic coaching or teaching there. Skywalkers problem with their young teams is they force their teams to move the and transition the ball instead of letting the best player or
physically biggest player run up and down with the ball. They take super athletic girls in the young age instead of girls with the beat stickwork. Sometime playing the right way hurts their teams but when they get older they
move the ball and play fast. Girls at M&D constantly pay (a lot) for outside training. i can't speak to their clubs but the development is being done by the girls themselves[/quote]

Yes and no. Development must take place outside of club practices, stickwork, shooting drills, etc. No denying that, and the kids that don't do this, as superior as they are athletically aren't going to fully develop and absolutely will get past by the grinders. But there is also team training during club that help develop talent. How is the offense ran, is it iso and screens or is there lots of ball movement, cutting from top and running offense through low attack like most HS and college teams do. Is it 1-2 scorers (typically middies) that just play me ball and run it down because of just size speed advantage, or are there assisted goals, coming from varying players?

Yes, the M&D and Hero's of the world win because of the talent that comes from outside through the years. Sometimes they start from Day 1.

As for "playing the right way", most teams try to work the ball out to defenders and move it upfield through passing, not just give it to a speed demon and watch her clear it.

Again, SW, if they break into the top-10, which as of now, no reason to think they will, it will be from additions not by development of the current crop.