BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,321
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 193 of 260 1 2 191 192 193 194 195 259 260
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
11 thousand followers on WS instagram page. Tell me again how this is just a regular tournament lol!!!

It’s a decent field, but weaker than the fields at like NAL, NLF, or Naptown. It’s missing the best teams from New England like Laxachusetts and 3D New England, has none of the top Maryland teams, is missing the best teams in the south like Team 91 GA and ATL Rhino, and the best teams in the west like Texas Nationals, WCS, and Mad Dog West.

It’s in the same status as a good LI tournament like Tristar, except Tristar had a little bit stronger field.

Yep, it is missing all the national teams and all the teams that can't compete without holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
11 thousand followers on WS instagram page. Tell me again how this is just a regular tournament lol!!!

Hope you enjoy the tournament.

Not sure why you care so much that others don’t care.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please tell me you are a kid and not an adult. Of course it is a regular, elite-level, 7th grade lacrosse tournament. No more and no less. Plenty of great teams, but certainly not all the great teams, will be there. kids will play hard, parents will yell at the refs. It will make a lot of money for the organizers. Kids will post their highlights to social media where a zillion followers will (theoretically) watch them. the winning team will hog pile on top of each other and the losing teams will make excuses. There will be big rosters and some kids will barely get to play. Concessions will be expensive and they will be out of ketchup. The porta johns will be disgusting and the Moms will look for the nice bathrooms. It is just a regular tournament!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A regular tournament your kid won’t play. Also if it was regular tournament why didn’t the Hawks 28 team play last year against kids the same age . Oh yea because they would have lost and that’s the reason why they dropped down to 28.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A regular tournament your kid won’t play. Also if it was regular tournament why didn’t the Hawks 28 team play last year against kids the same age . Oh yea because they would have lost and that’s the reason why they dropped down to 28.

teams accusing each other of ducking competition? sure, that never happens in other tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

teams accusing each other of ducking competition? sure, that never happens in other tournaments.
what will guys do next year with all the 29 that have to play on age lol. What's even worse you to teach your kids to cheat in life as such young age great parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What team is your kid on?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What team is your kid on?
Hawks 28 because he stunk as a 27!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s a tournament but not a regular one. Regular 2028 tournaments would have Hawks, Madlax and Maryland 14 and 15 year olds. World Series is13U, BIG DIFFERENCE!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PLL Jrs has bigger social media following and is on ESPN+.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s a tournament but not a regular one. Regular 2028 tournaments would have Hawks, Madlax and Maryland 14 and 15 year olds. World Series is13U, BIG DIFFERENCE!

I have a 3rd grader on a Maryland club and all of the kids are on-age. When will this horde of kids 2 years older than everyone else start invading our team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have a 3rd grader on a Maryland club and all of the kids are on-age. When will this horde of kids 2 years older than everyone else start invading our team?

Never. Age verification starts next year for all age groups 2029 and below.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is that the case for HOCO? I thought it was just certain tournaments at this point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is that the case for HOCO? I thought it was just certain tournaments at this point.

I believe all leagues and tournaments get underlying insurance through US Lacrosse and they’re the ones doing the verifications. That said, I’d be very surprised if HOCO doesn’t comply. Hopefully, that stops all the holdback obsessions at the younger age groups, but we’ll see.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s a decent field, but weaker than the fields at like NAL, NLF, or Naptown. It’s missing the best teams from New England like Laxachusetts and 3D New England, has none of the top Maryland teams, is missing the best teams in the south like Team 91 GA and ATL Rhino, and the best teams in the west like Texas Nationals, WCS, and Mad Dog West.

It’s in the same status as a good LI tournament like Tristar, except Tristar had a little bit stronger field.

Well yeah because the best teams outside of Long Island have holdbacks. Duh.

At the end of the day it either does or doesn’t matter to individuals that is their prerogative but point is you can try to downplay it all you want but doesn’t make it any less.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the tournament director for Wold championships on the board?

Enjoy the tournament. I hope it’s a great time for all involved.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You all do realize that once your kid is in high school, he will be playing with kids one, two, maybe even three years older than him, right? Get used to it. Stop crying. Or stop playing the sport. End of story.
-signed a parent of an on age kid who played against holdbacks for years and was better for it by high school.

You do realize they aren't in HS. That's like saying "you do realize that kids will be 21 at some point".

-Signed, we all know your signature about being an "on-age" parent is a lie.

Hilarious what these hold back parents say or do. I have never heard a hold back parent talk about their childs age at a tournament. Its hush hush,,,They know it is wrong and frankly like many MIAA parents, want their child to have an advantage no matter what it is. Pretty simple.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Update from Crabfeast:

Liberty sports park or whatever it’s called is awful.

One star venue.

Signed a parent who traveled a long way to have to pee in the woods.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Update from Crabfeast:

Liberty sports park or whatever it’s called is awful.

One star venue.

Signed a parent who traveled a long way to have to pee in the woods.

No bathrooms?

I had heard it was nice, guess not. Some Naptown games there Monday

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They did not have any. Crabs parent here. I

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tons of clean portapots there last week. Not sure why there were not any this weekend, but the facility itself is great. I have been to multiple tournaments there. Easy to get to. Ample parking, great fields, designated tent areas. Sounds like there may have just been a scheduling error.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tons of clean portapots there last week. Not sure why there were not any this weekend, but the facility itself is great. I have been to multiple tournaments there. Easy to get to. Ample parking, great fields, designated tent areas. Sounds like there may have just been a scheduling error.
Priceless… Hawks just got taken down by a ragtag group of kids from BLC and NL. Who went 0-3 yesterday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You all do realize that once your kid is in high school, he will be playing with kids one, two, maybe even three years older than him, right? Get used to it. Stop crying. Or stop playing the sport. End of story.
-signed a parent of an on age kid who played against holdbacks for years and was better for it by high school.

You do realize they aren't in HS. That's like saying "you do realize that kids will be 21 at some point".

Hilarious what these hold back parents say or do. I have never heard a hold back parent talk about their childs age at a tournament. Its hush hush,,,They know it is wrong and frankly like many MIAA parents, want their child to have an advantage no matter what it is. Pretty simple.

At the HS level, when the kid is on the field, the MIAA parents will openly discuss it. But never, ever until 9th grade. They will answer with any obtuse answer they can find to simple questions about "Oh it's his birthday today? How old is he?" Or "Do the parents in your part of PA usually start schooling a year later?"

And IMHO parents are trying to get their last Ten Bucks out of their holdback schemes this summer, so don't blow a gasket over it. Last weekend at a low level event (which makes it sadder), I saw a 2028 holdback (on-age 2027) playing on a 2029 team as a guest player. Recognized his dad and had to work to keep a straight face. Kid has a seriously impressive mustache, and playing with 6th graders at an Aloha level event.....should be starting 9th grade in 60 days. I love to see it! Go Dad!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Priceless… Hawks just got taken down by a ragtag group of kids from BLC and NL. Who went 0-3 yesterday.

When they get rattled they can’t recover. Whole team is a four player success (in goalie), when the four players are off it’s a rapid downward spiral. They’ll have more and more games like this as the playing field levels out this next year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At the HS level, when the kid is on the field, the MIAA parents will openly discuss it. But never, ever until 9th grade. They will answer with any obtuse answer they can find to simple questions about "Oh it's his birthday today? How old is he?" Or "Do the parents in your part of PA usually start schooling a year later?"

And IMHO parents are trying to get their last Ten Bucks out of their holdback schemes this summer, so don't blow a gasket over it. Last weekend at a low level event (which makes it sadder), I saw a 2028 holdback (on-age 2027) playing on a 2029 team as a guest player. Recognized his dad and had to work to keep a straight face. Kid has a seriously impressive mustache, and playing with 6th graders at an Aloha level event.....should be starting 9th grade in 60 days. I love to see it! Go Dad!!!

9 out of 10 comments on 2028 BOTC is about holdbacks. OKAY we get it! IT’S BAD! We know…..Please take your obsessions go to the holdback page.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When they get rattled they can’t recover. Whole team is a four player success (in goalie), when the four players are off it’s a rapid downward spiral. They’ll have more and more games like this as the playing field levels out this next year

That ‘ragtag group’ had the best faceoff, defensive unit, and goalie in the tournament. Held two of the semifinalists (Red Hots, 91GA) and the Hawks to their lowest goal totals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

9 out of 10 comments on 2028 BOTC is about holdbacks. OKAY we get it! IT’S BAD! We know…..Please take your obsessions go to the holdback page.

Thanks holdback Dad and props to your son on his fine moustache

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Got it Holdback Dad, Some players can play on age some cant,, we know where you put your player

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That ‘ragtag group’ had the best faceoff, defensive unit, and goalie in the tournament. Held two of the semifinalists (Red Hots, 91GA) and the Hawks to their lowest goal totals.

Congrats on a nice win but maybe calm down with the "best in the tournament" nonsense. 19 teams in this tournament, Hit Squad finished with 20 GA on day 1, which puts them tied for 13th best in the 2028 division, which is good but not nearly the best of the tournament.

NL parents and constantly overrating their squad, name a more iconic duo...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congrats on a nice win but maybe calm down with the "best in the tournament" nonsense. 19 teams in this tournament, Hit Squad finished with 20 GA on day 1, which puts them tied for 13th best in the 2028 division, which is good but not nearly the best of the tournament.

Ragtag's faceoff was FCA. Defense featured BLC, NL, and others. Goalie was NL. Point is that it's not a fluke they beat Hawks and gave Red Hots a tough game. And, contra your armchair expert opinion, Hawks are still an excellent team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ragtag's faceoff was FCA. Defense featured BLC, NL, and others. Goalie was NL. Point is that it's not a fluke they beat Hawks and gave Red Hots a tough game. And, contra your armchair expert opinion, Hawks are still an excellent team.

"Armchair expert opinion" was "congrats on a nice win," see, you can see it, just above this post ^^^^. Hawks are defending hoco champs, so yeah, nice win. No idea how FOs went but goals against is a pretty good measurement of how the D and goalie looked, and it's on Tourney Machine, so it's not armchair, its stats. They had a good run but calm down with the "best in tournament" talk, k? And your opinion, is it not also from the armchair, my dude? Unless you were out there playing and decided to hop online an post here?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol why quote the portapot comment tho

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Got it Holdback Dad, Some players can play on age some cant,, we know where you put your player

You’re wrong. My son might get cut at tryouts this year because of the situation. It is…what it is….We’ll still have fun playing the GAME. As my dad used to said,”If you try reasoning with [Censored] too long, you start to sound like one.” Goodbye.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sounds like the middies and attackers owe the D goalie and FO an apology, if they'd just been average you guys would've run the table and won the tournament

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sounds like the middies and attackers owe the D goalie and FO an apology, if they'd just been average you guys would've run the table and won the tournament

I don’t think the rag tags have held a single practice, ever, and had never played a game until yesterday, when they went 0-3. So I’m not sure how or why they were competitive with the #2 team in the country that has been training and playing year round for many years and won HoCo elite practically every season since second grade. Maybe the rag tags had studs at certain key positions, but the Hawks have their own studs at every position. I didn’t see the game myself but I gotta say it is very odd. ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You’re wrong. My son might get cut at tryouts this year because of the situation. It is…what it is….We’ll still have fun playing the GAME. As my dad used to said,”If you try reasoning with [Censored] too long, you start to sound like one.” Goodbye.

Sure he isnt, but he is, Nothing wrong with taken advantage of the game when you can. It is within the rules, so no harm no foul

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They went 2-4, and now they have the best D core in the torment. Classic NL hyperbole.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol why quote the portapot comment tho
While we are on the porto pot subject, can we please address the Madlax forfeit today? What happened? Were they going to send the Madlax Monuments tomorrow am to play Red Hots? How do you make it to the semifinals and just bail?

Anyone have color on what happened?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On day 1, Madlax Nationals beat #16 and #18 seeds out of 19 teams (combined 0-9 at Naptown). Lost to #8 seed 3D Georgia team that didn’t beat anyone else with winning record. Madlax won rematch vs 3DGa on day 2. Then beat #17 seed. Then got smoked by #4 Red Hots before using weather delay as excuse to ungratefully quit mid game. Other semi-finalists waited it out. Hope the fly-ins got refunds.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure he isnt, but he is, Nothing wrong with taken advantage of the game when you can. It is within the rules, so no harm no foul

Glad that you finally get it. Bye.

Like Reply Quote
Page 193 of 260 1 2 191 192 193 194 195 259 260
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard