BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,872
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 211 of 215 1 2 209 210 211 212 213 214 215
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is there an AA list for Private/Catholic?

There is all league (for Catholics) which is more or less the equivalent of all-county, but I don't think there is anything national.

Do the Catholics on LI have a shorter season and play weaker competition/league on LI? We were told and under the impression that Saint Anthony’s was one of the best programs in the country for girls lacrosse?

We are moving to LI and are considering putting our daughter in a catholic school on LI. Thoughts on which one has the best lacrosse program? Thank you.

What towns are you considering and what year & position does daughter play?

We will be moving to Plainview next month and my daughter is a 2026. She is playing Midfield on a club team in Massachusetts. We are considering St. Anthony’s or Sacred Heart for next year. Everyone we speak to, says St. Anthony’s has the best lacrosse program?

Good school great sports. Best be realistic on daughters actual talent if you want her to play. Many very good jrs and sr’s never play any meaningful minutes ( 10 mins in 15-0 win doesn’t count imo ) and watch games all season. Many very solid sophomores play on JVA and wait to try to start ( best 5+ sophs already on Varsity ) until junior year. Not a knock just a fact. It’s loaded with talent and perhaps more akin to a top travel team as it has 8-12+ very solid players per year. Many of the top HS’s will have 3-4+ top per year and average schools say 2+ per grade. Heck even many bottom teams will have 1+ very solid kids per grade.
I rambled. Point is be realistic unless watching from sidelines is fine. You’ll win championships but I think kids want to play. Saint Anthony’s is always stacked.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would not choose SA - they attract the best players historically. Play weak schedule and coaching is sub par. SH has a legit coach. Less BS.

Thank you smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, the SH coached played on US National Team and has coached at Virginia Tech, Army, and Georgetown. Definitely legit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you really choosing your daughters High School Education based on which Catholic School has the best lacrosse program?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you really choosing your daughters High School Education based on which Catholic School has the best lacrosse program?

Yes, why not....

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is all league (for Catholics) which is more or less the equivalent of all-county, but I don't think there is anything national.

Do the Catholics on LI have a shorter season and play weaker competition/league on LI? We were told and under the impression that Saint Anthony’s was one of the best programs in the country for girls lacrosse?

We are moving to LI and are considering putting our daughter in a catholic school on LI. Thoughts on which one has the best lacrosse program? Thank you.

We will be moving to Plainview next month and my daughter is a 2026. She is playing Midfield on a club team in Massachusetts. We are considering St. Anthony’s or Sacred Heart for next year. Everyone we speak to, says St. Anthony’s has the best lacrosse program?

Good school great sports. Best be realistic on daughters actual talent if you want her to play. Many very good jrs and sr’s never play any meaningful minutes ( 10 mins in 15-0 win doesn’t count imo ) and watch games all season. Many very solid sophomores play on JVA and wait to try to start ( best 5+ sophs already on Varsity ) until junior year. Not a knock just a fact. It’s loaded with talent and perhaps more akin to a top travel team as it has 8-12+ very solid players per year. Many of the top HS’s will have 3-4+ top per year and average schools say 2+ per grade. Heck even many bottom teams will have 1+ very solid kids per grade.
I rambled. Point is be realistic unless watching from sidelines is fine. You’ll win championships but I think kids want to play. Saint Anthony’s is always stacked.

Garden City HS is another option since you mention catholic schools

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree SA is generally better lacrosse but SH coach is more decorated. She also coaches at Liberty lacrosse. SH also an all girls school. A lot of Garden City and RVC families at SH as well

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Welcome to LI! SA - has the best talent and program legacy but currently the coaching is abit lagging. Alittle off topic but is she also considering any LI club teams? If you dont mind sharing what MA club team does she play on now?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why aren’t All Division winners invited to the Girls. Suffolk County dinner?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why aren’t All Division winners invited to the Girls. Suffolk County dinner?

Way too many trophies being handed out

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Welcome to LI! SA - has the best talent and program legacy but currently the coaching is abit lagging. Alittle off topic but is she also considering any LI club teams? If you dont mind sharing what MA club team does she play on now?

Thank you for your feedback. She’s prob. Going to stay playing with her current club team / Mass Elite. Thanks again,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did they announce the catholic school all american?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

USA lacrosse will eventually put out a list the catholic league generally gets 2 AA 2 AA Academic and one Jackie Pitts award.
Since the catholic league doesn’t have a dinner it’s not announced like the public schools are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FYI: If you’re considering playing in the “All Long Island “ games next year. Don’t do it. What a huge scam money grab. Most of the top girls don’t even do it, it is a made up event. “Photo shoot” was pathetic. One horrible picture is not a photo shoot. What happened to the BBQ that was promised? Waste of time that nobody cares about. Run fast

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Commack attacker ? Everyone knows those stats were padded.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FYI: If you’re considering playing in the “All Long Island “ games next year. Don’t do it. What a huge scam money grab. Most of the top girls don’t even do it, it is a made up event. “Photo shoot” was pathetic. One horrible picture is not a photo shoot. What happened to the BBQ that was promised? Waste of time that nobody cares about. Run fast

Big waste of money for another uniform for one useless game. If they are going to do it, it has to be more than one game. What a waste of time and money!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Commack attacker ? Everyone knows those stats were padded.

You mean like WB? Lol, stop

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FYI all this stuff is now a money grab. You are invited to such and such, just apply and have a 500 dollar check and the invites in the mail. Find a club where your daughter plays and they go to tournaments where coaches will be. The coaches will find you. Stop wasting money and paying people who don't care for your kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Breaking news……SA’s will have a completely new varsity coaching staff next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Breaking news……SA’s will have a completely new varsity coaching staff next year.

Where did you see this news? I don’t see it anywhere? Was there an announcement?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When will the LI AA Highlight roster be posted?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When will the LI AA Highlight roster be posted?

Why is there a girl from Connecticut on the LI roster???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because players travel to tryout. I’m sure there have been LI players on the Conny, or other tri-state teams over the past several years. Not the first time this has happened.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because players travel to tryout. I’m sure there have been LI players on the Conny, or other tri-state teams over the past several years. Not the first time this has happened.

The CT girl was also on LI Yellow Jackets for club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait, does she not go to practice if playing for YJ and living in CT. How does that work. I actually have also seen girls from FL and Ohio on YJ lol not sure how this works

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait, does she not go to practice if playing for YJ and living in CT. How does that work. I actually have also seen girls from FL and Ohio on YJ lol not sure how this works

It’s called team stacking. Boys teams do it all the time. Just show up to tournaments. I thought All-America had a rule that you had to try out in your home region?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A lot of these kids have parents that grew up on Long Island and still have family here. Many spend the summer on LI.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

CT is not that far. We are not talking a lot of practices either for that team. I believe she did show up most of the time. We are only talking about a handful of practices. FL and OH! Not sure how they make it to the practices?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s called team stacking. Boys teams do it all the time. Just show up to tournaments. I thought All-America had a rule that you had to try out in your home region?

That's never been a real thing. A prominent 2024 that always wears a pink bow in her hair didn't make it in her region a few years back, so she tried out for a team smack dab in the middle of the country and made it. If you look at the West roster this year, you'll see some kids tried out for AA while out there for another tournament. This isn't a problem, as the West isn't always the strongest group. Further, the tournament has pulled kids from other regions to fill out rosters when needed.

It happens. Often.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A lot of these kids have parents that grew up on Long Island and still have family here. Many spend the summer on LI.

What does that have to do with anything?? The girl should try out in the region she plays. It’s taking away a position from a regional girl. Terrible!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are they doing for practices in the fall winter and spring? Not show up?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What does that have to do with anything?? The girl should try out in the region she plays. It’s taking away a position from a regional girl. Terrible!

Not sure about the others? The CT girl does play for a Long Island YJ team. So, it is the region she plays in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UA has always been open for anyone to tryout for any region.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can I get others opinions on thr Maryland Showcase I’d you attended this past weekend? I have very strong negative feelings but was curious if it’s just me or others did as well?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ANY TRUE TO THIS ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes SA will have all new varsity coaches this year all three of the previous ones were fired.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why were they let go?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes SA will have all new varsity coaches this year all three of the previous ones were fired.

Who are they interviewing?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No surprise that they were fired there coaching has always been eh with the amount of talent they have they should’ve went undefeated and should not have let SH almost take them to OT.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fired?? Not true! I think maybe some resigned.? How do you know this anyways? You shouldn't speak to what you don’t know

Like Reply Quote
Page 211 of 215 1 2 209 210 211 212 213 214 215
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard