BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,892
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 186 of 257 1 2 184 185 186 187 188 256 257
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So my 6th grade 11 year old son just showed me a video on youtube of someone red hots kid. Also played on 91 national. Both are 2028 teams. It was so inspirational to my son to watch this man child beat up on kids 1.5-2 years younger than him. He even paused the highlights to zoom in and show me all the hair on his legs. He begged me to send him to private school next year so I can hold him back. My son is a legit player and and fast for his age. However, I’m considering holding him back. I can’t imagine how good he would he against the competition if I held him back. I keep thinking of the Instagram reels and YouTube highlights I can post. Plus he can be like 19.5 years old when he graduates high school. I figure that will make him more mature when he gets to college. On the flip side, I’m worried about my conscience. I know he will be an absolute student beating up on younger kids. But I’m afraid deep down I will be ashamed. Also, I’m worried that once he realizes all the accolades he gets are simply based on the day his mom and I decided to procreate, he will feel like a bit of a cheater. I’m also worried that he will get wind of the disdain other kids and parents will have for him.
What do you all think? Hold him back or no?

A few years from now you will re-read your post and cringe. You sound a bit unhinged and over invested.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Robots I mean Hawks win again.

This is so funny!!!

This must have been the winner dad who yelled “you [Censored]!” at one of the Hawks players. All class there with the True parents.

At least we don’t have to deal with daddy ball. Hawks=daddy ball. 3 dad coaches who let all 3 kids shoot and do whatever they want.

Go away Trish. Your kid got cut. Lotsa times. Deal with it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So my 6th grade 11 year old son just showed me a video on youtube of someone red hots kid. Also played on 91 national. Both are 2028 teams. It was so inspirational to my son to watch this man child beat up on kids 1.5-2 years younger than him. He even paused the highlights to zoom in and show me all the hair on his legs. He begged me to send him to private school next year so I can hold him back. My son is a legit player and and fast for his age. However, I’m considering holding him back. I can’t imagine how good he would he against the competition if I held him back. I keep thinking of the Instagram reels and YouTube highlights I can post. Plus he can be like 19.5 years old when he graduates high school. I figure that will make him more mature when he gets to college. On the flip side, I’m worried about my conscience. I know he will be an absolute student beating up on younger kids. But I’m afraid deep down I will be ashamed. Also, I’m worried that once he realizes all the accolades he gets are simply based on the day his mom and I decided to procreate, he will feel like a bit of a cheater. I’m also worried that he will get wind of the disdain other kids and parents will have for him.

Nah. Just hit the wall.

Obv someone just sour grapes because they are watching from the stands but it's just another poor argument.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We think you need another hobby.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who does your son play for?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah. Definitely hold him back. Your concerns on both sides are valid, but I think you should roll the dice and keep being the strong parent and role model you clearly

must be for your son.

It’s really a darn shame kids and parents are put in this situation of the holdback scenario!!! There are CLEAR advantages when kids are younger in developing years. Shame on those in charge of the rules for not going age based!!!!

Kids and parents shouldn’t have to be put in this position!! Someone who has say needs to fix the rules to age based and stop it from being an advantage and a sport for the elites who can afford private schools ti hold kids back in!

Check out the “studs” in D1 college play right now! How many are “holdbacks”?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah. Definitely hold him back. Your concerns on both sides are valid, but I think you should roll the dice and keep being the strong parent and role model you clearly

must be for your son.

It’s really a darn shame kids and parents are put in this situation of the holdback scenario!!! There are CLEAR advantages when kids are younger in developing years. Shame on those in charge of the rules for not going age based!!!!

Kids and parents shouldn’t have to be put in this position!! Someone who has say needs to fix the rules to age based and stop it from being an advantage and a sport for the elites who can afford private schools ti hold kids back in!

I'm pretty sure he was being facetious guys. Face palm

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you honestly think this is true story....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

must be for your son.

There’s some serious low IQ action on here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you honestly think this is true story....

Noon know it’s the Instagram clown who goes around posting about other people’s children all day.

People who love to obsess about other people kids (like this post) always hid behind being annoynous about there kid.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You and your son are just little girls. You just need little Timmy to hit the wall get better and not reclass. Reclass are people who arnt good enough for their own age so they reclass. My son Freddy(star player on rockfish) Is a double reclass cause he [Censored]. I still make him hit the wall every day. He listens super well and takes after his father. You guys just think ur kids are all that but there really just hot shots

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to the Annapolis Hawks. Undefeated season and convincing wins against some of the countries top teams.

Also congrats go out to Team Money for their AAA victory. Would love to see them and Team Maryland try their hands at Elite next season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fellowship of Christian Holddbacks better hope that they have a plan for MORE holdbacks if they want to try and win the Elite division

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well my 2028 dance card was close in February.

Elite-Hawks
AAA-Team MD (Team Money/Freedom won)
AA-Predators
A-HoCo Black
B-ML DMV (Zingos won)

Biggest 2028 surprises....what am I missing?

True Annapolis week-to-week highs and lows perhaps due to IL kids leaving on a jet plane.

91 won a game.

Freedom kids join Team Money

Kelly Post evaporates from the Laxosphere, 12 months after playing Elite Hoco.

VLC tailspins from mid AAA to bottom of AA in the span of 7 weeks. Likely headed to A next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to the Annapolis Hawks. Undefeated season and convincing wins against some of the countries top teams.

Also congrats go out to Team Money for their AAA victory. Would love to see them and Team Maryland try their hands at Elite next season.

Great job to the 27s playing the 28 division! You can't compete on age but you can beat up on 13 year olds.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Observations from 2023 HoCo Playoffs this weekend....
Elite: Hawks, FCA Blue and Madlax are in a league of their own; absolutely loaded with talent. Noticed True Chesapeake had 7 subs on Saturday when they lost 13-2 so assuming fly-ins were not present. They are a AAA team without their fly-ins. Period. Look for 91 and True Chesapeake to drop down to AAA.
AAA: Team MD choked against Blue Claws so you can write off Elite next year. Only way this happens is if they pick up 4-5 studs; but from where? Team Money shows why they are the best team. Watched them against Blue Claws and they are legit. You can tell they picked up some kids from other PA teams not in HoCo League. They should move up to Elite.
AA: Predators have some talent. If they can steal a few players from Crabs, FCA White, HLC, Blue Claws and 91 they could roll through AAA next year. The top 4 teams in AA (Preds, Next Level, HLC, ProStart) are better than the bottom 4 teams in AAA (Cannons, Wolfpack, Sidewinders, Hawks Black).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not Bored Lax Dad All HOCO elite division all star team:

Attack 1 -
Attack 2 -
Attack 3 -
Middie 1 - Hawks #99
Middie 2 -
Middie 3 -
Middie SSDM - MadLax (don't recall the number)
Middie LSM - Hawks #24
FOGO - FCA #5
Defense 1 - Crabs #24
Defense 2 -
Defense 3 -
Goalie - Hawks

Coaches - Not Cabell

Open to all suggestions / corrections.
Only rule - can't vote for your son, have some dignity!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great job to the 27s playing the 28 division! You can't compete on age but you can beat up on 13 year olds.

It's lacrosse in MD. Don't like it, play another sport kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Observations from 2023 HoCo Playoffs this weekend....
Elite: Hawks, FCA Blue and Madlax are in a league of their own; absolutely loaded with talent. Noticed True Chesapeake had 7 subs on Saturday when they lost 13-2 so assuming fly-ins were not present. They are a AAA team without their fly-ins. Period. Look for 91 and True Chesapeake to drop down to AAA.
AAA: Team MD choked against Blue Claws so you can write off Elite next year. Only way this happens is if they pick up 4-5 studs; but from where? Team Money shows why they are the best team. Watched them against Blue Claws and they are legit. You can tell they picked up some kids from other PA teams not in HoCo League. They should move up to Elite.
AA: Predators have some talent. If they can steal a few players from Crabs, FCA White, HLC, Blue Claws and 91 they could roll through AAA next year. The top 4 teams in AA (Preds, Next Level, HLC, ProStart) are better than the bottom 4 teams in AAA (Cannons, Wolfpack, Sidewinders, Hawks Black).

Team Money has a few good players but were bolstered by Freedom. Freedom tried to join and play 2 games per weekend. Freedom would be competitive in Elite, but would be at a huge disadvatage if they had to play 2 games in a weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haaaa. And apparently one of their D poles is like 16 now. Literally.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haaaa. And apparently one of their D poles is like 16 now. Literally.

Blah blah blah

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like it or not, here is a crash course in how elite lacrosse works in middle school in Maryland. There are three categories of players on elite teams. First, the holdbacks. Most were already good players in their prior class, which is why they dominate in their new class. Second, non-holdbacks who are exceptionally good players that can match up with holdbacks. Many are hitting their adolescent grown spurts and are therefore both big AND good, and actually look like holdbacks themselves. The third category is on age kids who are not keeping up with players in the first two categories due to age, size, and/or ability. If your son is in that third category, consider moving him to a lower division team where there are few to no holdbacks and he can thrive and regain the confidence that he used to have. Or if he is set on sticking on an elite team, he will have to work in the weight room, with a private coach, and on the wall, to get into that second category. Try not to take out your frustration on the kids or the families of holdbacks. It fosters a whiny/lost mentality for your son. and, families of holdbacks did not create the grade based lacrosse world that club directors, Maryland private schools, and college coaches seem to prefer. They are navigating the lacrosse world as it currently exists in the way that best benefits their son, which is what you should to do, whatever that may be. Hope this helps!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe if true could grab some kids from true Hongkong for the summer they can compete with these teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Attack 1 -
Attack 2 -
Attack 3 -
Middie 1 - Hawks #99
Middie 2 -
Middie 3 -
Middie LSM - Hawks #24
FOGO - FCA #5
Defense 1 - Crabs #24
Defense 2 -
Defense 3 -
Goalie - Hawks

Coaches - Not Cabell

Attack 1 - #7 Hawks
Attack 2 - #23 Hawks
Attack 3 - #3 (?) NL
Middie 1 - #47 ML
Middie 2 - #14 FCA
Middie 3 - #99 Hawks
Middie SSDM -
Middie LSM - #30 ML
FOGO - #5 FCA
Defense 1 - #34 Hawks
Defense 2 - #24 Crabs
Defense 3 - #23 ML
Goalie - Hawks

Coach - Not Cabell

True fly-in not eligible for consideration IMHO.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like it or not, here is a crash course in how elite lacrosse works in middle school in Maryland. There are three categories of players on elite teams. First, the holdbacks. Most were already good players in their prior class, which is why they dominate in their new class. Second, non-holdbacks who are exceptionally good players that can match up with holdbacks. Many are hitting their adolescent grown spurts and are therefore both big AND good, and actually look like holdbacks themselves. The third category is on age kids who are not keeping up with players in the first two categories due to age, size, and/or ability. If your son is in that third category, consider moving him to a lower division team where there are few to no holdbacks and he can thrive and regain the confidence that he used to have. Or if he is set on sticking on an elite team, he will have to work in the weight room, with a private coach, and on the wall, to get into that second category. Try not to take out your frustration on the kids or the families of holdbacks. It fosters a whiny/lost mentality for your son. and, families of holdbacks did not create the grade based lacrosse world that club directors, Maryland private schools, and college coaches seem to prefer. They are navigating the lacrosse world as it currently exists in the way that best benefits their son, which is what you should to do, whatever that may be. Hope this helps!

Stop with the accurate and succinct explanation. Truth is not welcome on this subject.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're giving this guy too much attention. He just needs a shoulder to cry on. Maybe someone can send him a clip of the little Money FOGO making the holdbacks on FCA look silly to realize his kid may just need to work a little harder...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

must be for your son.

There’s some serious low IQ action on here.

That original post was some prime channeling of Three Year Letterman. I'm both impressed at the homage and surprised no one pulled it off previously.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will either Team Money or Team MD challenge themselves this summer at any tournaments against tougher competition?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Attack 1 - #7 Hawks
Attack 2 - #23 Hawks
Attack 3 - #3 (?) NL
Middie 1 - #47 ML
Middie 2 - #14 FCA
Middie 3 - #8 BLC?
Middie SSDM -77 NL
Middie LSM - #30 ML
FOGO - #99 NL
Defense 1 - #34 Hawks
Defense 2 - #24 Crabs
Defense 3 - #23 ML
Goalie - Hawks

Coach - Not Cabell

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FCA has two double holdbacks on their team. I guess because they weren’t able to win with them, it doesn’t matter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Attack 1 - #7 Hawks
Attack 2 - #23 Hawks
Attack 3 - #3 (?) NL
Middie 1 - #47 ML
Middie 2 - #14 FCA
Middie 3 - #8 BLC?
Middie SSDM -77 NL
Middie LSM - #30 ML
FOGO - #99 NL
Defense 1 - #34 Hawks
Defense 2 - #24 Crabs
Defense 3 - #23 ML
Goalie - Hawks

Coach - Not Cabell

This is silly. These are 7th graders.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Attack 1 -
Attack 2 -
Attack 3 -
Middie 1 - Hawks #99
Middie 2 -
Middie 3 -
Middie LSM - Hawks #24
FOGO - FCA #5
Defense 1 - Crabs #24
Defense 2 -
Defense 3 -
Goalie - Hawks

Coaches - Not Cabell

Attack 1 - #7 Hawks
Attack 2 - #23 Hawks
Attack 3 - #3 (?) NL
Middie 1 - #47 ML
Middie 2 - #14 FCA
Middie 3 - #99 Hawks
Middie SSDM -
Middie LSM - #30 ML
FOGO - #5 FCA
Defense 1 - #34 Hawks
Defense 2 - #24 Crabs
Defense 3 - #23 ML
Goalie - Hawks

Coach - Not Cabell

True fly-in not eligible for consideration IMHO.

Not Cabell - Something we can all agree on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is what it is. Just remind the tax cheat not to lie and say his kid is playing up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is what it is. Just remind the tax cheat not to lie and say his kid is playing up.

MS/Youth holdback parents are such an interesting thing. The parents will actively promote a vague narrative and sometimes outright lie about the kids being on age. For example the PA kids from Team Money and Freedom "aren't holdbacks" as their parents would say, and that's technically accurate, but intentionally misleading. The most true answer is, "They are absolutely not held back, but they started school a year late for their age, which is kind of common with PA athletes." If there's no shame in the game, why lie or half-lie? Especially when the parents know you. The weirdness around it creates a bad ju ju. And for the "why do you care, that's weird" responses, when it's your kid getting barely beaten (but consistently) by a man-child on the field, it's weird to NOT care. Competition is real, it exists.

HS holdback parents tend to be very different and settled into the decision their family made. It's actually quite relaxing to have that conversation with them. You may not agree with their decision, but they are matter-of-fact about it (OK, maybe not Dad Millon) and will even have that conversation with a stranger. Pretty refreshing and normal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very reasonable post. My kid is in your third category, small and on age, on the younger side. On an elite team but clearly way behind in size and weight, but can hang. I’ll continue to let him play up as long as he’s competitive. When high school comes along, it should benefit him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Attack 1 - #7 Hawks
Attack 2 - #23 Hawks
Attack 3 - #3 (?) NL
Middie 1 - #47 ML
Middie 2 - #14 FCA
Middie 3 - #8 BLC?
Middie SSDM -77 NL
Middie LSM - #30 ML
FOGO - #99 NL
Defense 1 - #34 Hawks
Defense 2 - #24 Crabs
Defense 3 - #23 ML
Goalie - Hawks

Coach - Not Cabell
Attack 1 - #7 Hawks
Attack 2 - #23 Hawks
Attack 3 - #3 (?) NL
Middie 1 - #47 ML
Middie 2 - #14 FCA
Middie 3 - #8 BLC?
Middie SSDM -77 NL
Middie LSM - #30 ML
FOGO - #99 NL
Defense 1 - #34 Hawks
Defense 2 - #24 Crabs
Defense 3 - #23 ML
Goalie - Hawks

Coach - Not Cabell
No chance 3 NL is top Right Attack. Pick one from FCA, Hawks, the little guy from True, or Crabs I think 52.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now the weird NL and ML parents are ranking kids.

Good grief.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now the weird NL and ML parents are ranking kids.

Good grief.

Exactly. Horrible.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holdbacks are lame unless it’s based on developmental issues, in which case hopefully it paid off. If it was for hopes and dreams in the lax world, shame on you.
Reclass is even worse because at some point you realized something. It’s basically admitting your child has to repeat a year of school to stand out or even compete. I wonder how that conversation went in your brain or with your significant other. I’m sorry that you had to take advantage of the system in order to make a good highlight video for your son. For all the people who chime in on here and try to minimize or attack the parents who have issue with your decisions, please consider the following. Your child can not compete or stand out on age. It’s laughable that you had to make him repeat a year of school to compensate. And the worst part of the argument is your typical lame response. “Find another sport because that is lacrosse and how it is currently run” or some nonsense like that. My response….find another sport because your child is NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO COMPETE WITH KIDS HIS OWN AGE. Pathetic!!
It’s pretty cringeworthy to 90% of the parents of children who play lacrosse. Change is coming.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MS/Youth holdback parents are such an interesting thing. The parents will actively promote a vague narrative and sometimes outright lie about the kids being on age. For example the PA kids from Team Money and Freedom "aren't holdbacks" as their parents would say, and that's technically accurate, but intentionally misleading. The most true answer is, "They are absolutely not held back, but they started school a year late for their age, which is kind of common with PA athletes." If there's no shame in the game, why lie or half-lie? Especially when the parents know you. The weirdness around it creates a bad ju ju. And for the "why do you care, that's weird" responses, when it's your kid getting barely beaten (but consistently) by a man-child on the field, it's weird to NOT care. Competition is real, it exists.

HS holdback parents tend to be very different and settled into the decision their family made. It's actually quite relaxing to have that conversation with them. You may not agree with their decision, but they are matter-of-fact about it (OK, maybe not Dad Millon) and will even have that conversation with a stranger. Pretty refreshing and normal.
[quote=Anonymous]Congratulations to the Annapolis Hawks. Undefeated season and convincing wins against some of the countries top teams.

HS holdback parents tend to be very different and settled into the decision their family made. It's actually quite relaxing to have that conversation with them. You may not agree with their decision, but they are matter-of-fact about it (OK, maybe not Dad Millon) and will even have that conversation with a stranger. Pretty refreshing and normal.[/quote

Last edited by baldbear; .
Like Reply Quote
Page 186 of 257 1 2 184 185 186 187 188 256 257
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard