BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,321
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 184 of 260 1 2 182 183 184 185 186 259 260
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there any teams that split time between two goalies every game? How about three?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Were any of the fly ins hold backs?

Please say yes, BOTC would need a new server.

Stop with the "on age" comment. That is not a badge of accomplishment in the lacrosse landscape. Kids flying in took spots from other kids, I doubt seriously that parents of the local kids would tell you that they are happy with it. Parents from other teams don't dislike the parents flying their kids in, its not about fly in parents or their kids. It is the fact that True the organization is making a mockery of building local talent. That should tell you about that organization, we are in one of the most lacrosse rich areas and they are flying in kids to compete because they have either wasted all the talent from the teams they purchased or they did not cultivate and acquire talent in this area.

I love the hypocrisy of this argument! So outraged over the IL fly-ins, but no issue with holdbacks.

The IL parents should have considered the feelings of the displaced kids? Do the holdback parents care about the feelings of the displaced kids on the younger teams?

True is making a mockery of building local talent and not developing players . . . meanwhile the business model for most elite clubs is holding kids back and drawing kids from adjacent states.

I don't really care about holdbacks or flyins, just pointing out the hypocrisy of the outrage . . .[/quote]

You are making rationale comments on this forum.... BITC is going to boot you!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there any teams that split time between two goalies every game? How about three?

A lot of teams split time between two goalies. I have not done a survey but I would guess more than half, and the older a team gets, the more likely they are to carry two. But no team carries three as far as I know.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No. As a “fly-in” none of the kids are “hold-backs.” Ironically all the “fly-ins” mine included are undersized with the exception of our Big Middie who is actually still 12. As a midwesterner, I’ve also been recently “educated” on this term and the strategy behind it. Personally I don’t use the term. It has a negative connotation and then becomes a crutch used, when a team loses or performs poorly. If it’s legal within the rules we’re all good. Personally I don’t agree with the concept but it never enters into conversation with my kid or any team we play against or on. We play whoever is on the field. Lax is hard enough, acknowledging “hold-backs” puts you in a negative mindset. You can’t win, overcome, with a negative mindset.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The taller goalie is July 2009 Hot shot

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a goalie parent, I’ve paid attention to goalie play in most games. Most seem to split fairly evenly. Either half/half or every other quarter. A few exceptions if one goalie is “on” the other plays less. I believe there were 2-3 teams with only one goalie (in Elite).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly...should be in 8th grade. Other goalie is def a holdback, played for the 2027s last year. Quit pretending your team isn't doing what all the other teams are doing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And that, sir, is a HOLDBACK. To be on age in 2028 is a DOB AFTER 8/31/2009.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A lot of teams split time between two goalies. I have not done a survey but I would guess more than half, and the older a team gets, the more likely they are to carry two. But no team carries three as far as I know.
If your team is playing 3 goalies run for the hills

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You sir are a massive hammerhead. He’s is literally two months older and you are crying unfair?! Shame on you sir, shame.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You sir are a massive hammerhead. He’s is literally two months older and you are crying unfair?! Shame on you sir, shame.

Fair or not, it's a factual statement that a July 2009 kid should be a 2027 unless some other developmental/academic reason demands otherwise.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ELITE HAWKS

AAA team md

AA HLC? NL red?

A Bethesda bandits? Hoco?

B zingos

Elite - Hawks
AAA - Team Maryland for the 19th year in a row, over a pretty talented Team Money / Freedom team.
AA - Whichever team wins the HLC vs Preds semi on Saturday.
A - HoCo Black
B - ML DMV, and I'd sure roster check them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hammerhead, I don’t care if he TWO DAYS OLDER. There is a cutoff date that makes kids holdbacks, or on age. The kid born in July of 2009 is not on age in 2028. Grow up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Illinois Premier 2028 (which is True’s OG club) is scheduled to play a tourney in Texas this weekend against Mad Dog West Elite, Kings CO, Texas Nationals, etc. It’ll be interesting to see whether the “fly-ins” get sent East or West this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait— when did this guy say it was “unfair?” He merely pointed out that your post when you said “the taller goalie is a July 2009 Hot Shot” was the incriminating evidence that he is a holdback. Did he say it was unfair? No he did not. He called you out on the fact— the fact— that your July 2009 goalie is a Holdback. Hammerhead.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop with the "on age" comment. That is not a badge of accomplishment in the lacrosse landscape. Kids flying in took spots from other kids, I doubt seriously that parents of the local kids would tell you that they are happy with it. Parents from other teams don't dislike the parents flying their kids in, its not about fly in parents or their kids. It is the fact that True the organization is making a mockery of building local talent. That should tell you about that organization, we are in one of the most lacrosse rich areas and they are flying in kids to compete because they have either wasted all the talent from the teams they purchased or they did not cultivate and acquire talent in this area.

I love the hypocrisy of this argument! So outraged over the IL fly-ins, but no issue with holdbacks.

The IL parents should have considered the feelings of the displaced kids? Do the holdback parents care about the feelings of the displaced kids on the younger teams?

True is making a mockery of building local talent and not developing players . . . meanwhile the business model for most elite clubs is holding kids back and drawing kids from adjacent states.

I don't really care about holdbacks or flyins, just pointing out the hypocrisy of the outrage . . .

You are making rationale comments on this forum.... BITC is going to boot you!!!![/quote]

Yup. Any parent who holds their child back for advantages in lacrosse is beyond pathetic. Imagine that the only way your child can dominate or stand out or make a good highlight video is by playing against kids that they have a distinct physical advantage over because they are older and deeper into puberty…thus stronger, faster, more muscular development, etc… I’m sorry in advance to all those parents out there who just read that and got a little sad or maybe a little embarrassed that they are taking advantage of the rules to capitalize on their child’s shortcomings and inability to play against children their own age or play up.

Last time I brought some thoughtful insightful reasoning to this absurd Maryland board a few days ago, I was told to “hit the wall Johnny” or some nonsense like that.
I must say it’s very fun to come on here once in a while and spit out truths we all know (even though some are in denial about it) and never be questioned in any way by anyone with any intelligence. Makes me feel superior. Much like a 14 year old playing against 12 year olds.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't really care if he plays with 2028s, but in fairness he is 2 months older than the oldest 2028s but could be 14 months older than the youngest ones, which is a pretty big difference at this age.

And if your counterargument is that no very young 2028s actually compete in 2028, that sort of proves the other guy's point about the importance of age and how months matter,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't really care if he plays with 2028s, but in fairness he is 2 months older than the oldest 2028s but could be 14 months older than the youngest ones, which is a pretty big difference at this age.

And if your counterargument is that no very young 2028s actually compete in 2028, that sort of proves the other guy's point about the importance of age and how months matter,

^^^^^ isn't there another thread for this type of whining https://www.backofthecage.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/243877/holdbacks.html#Post243877[quote=Anonymous

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't really care about holdbacks or flyins, just pointing out the hypocrisy of the outrage . . .

You are making rationale comments on this forum.... BITC is going to boot you!!!![/quote]

If you read hypocrisy into that comment we cannot help you! Your reading comprehension is at an all time low. That post was not defending hold backs or fly ins, it was saying True is not a good organization. Maybe your just a little sensitive to hold backs...That post was accurate, hold backs are part of the landscape right now and apparently so are fly ins. You [Censored] think of the DMV as "adjacent states" !!! If you were from here you would know this area is all a stones throw away from one another. MD, DC, VA, DE, and WV could all be in Howard County for a game in short time. But you keep crying about hold backs...that seems to be what you do best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are making rationale comments on this forum.... BITC is going to boot you!!!!

Yup. Any parent who holds their child back for advantages in lacrosse is beyond pathetic. Imagine that the only way your child can dominate or stand out or make a good highlight video is by playing against kids that they have a distinct physical advantage over because they are older and deeper into puberty…thus stronger, faster, more muscular development, etc… I’m sorry in advance to all those parents out there who just read that and got a little sad or maybe a little embarrassed that they are taking advantage of the rules to capitalize on their child’s shortcomings and inability to play against children their own age or play up.

Last time I brought some thoughtful insightful reasoning to this absurd Maryland board a few days ago, I was told to “hit the wall Johnny” or some nonsense like that.
I must say it’s very fun to come on here once in a while and spit out truths we all know (even though some are in denial about it) and never be questioned in any way by anyone with any intelligence. Makes me feel superior. Much like a 14 year old playing against 12 year olds.[/quote]

Your comments are not insightful...they are that of a whiny little baby! Until hold backs are deemed illegal and against the rules, they are going to happen. My son is not a hold back and I could care less. Rants about hold backs, which is allowed by lacrosse, just sound like crying!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fellowship of Christian Holdbacks will win it all. Can I get an Amen?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many FCA Blue 2028 and Crab 2028's will reclass to 2029s? Are there 2027s coming down to the 2028s?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many FCA Blue 2028 and Crab 2028's will reclass to 2029s? Are there 2027s coming down to the 2028s?
This is the summer for Crabs to cut and replace with 2027s repeating. If you are currently on Crabs and you are on age, make sure you are at other tryouts this summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is the summer for Crabs to cut and replace with 2027s repeating. If you are currently on Crabs and you are on age, make sure you are at other tryouts this summer.
I can second this statement!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fellowship of Christian Holdbacks will win it all. Can I get an Amen?

My vote is on the Hawks holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you read hypocrisy into that comment we cannot help you! Your reading comprehension is at an all time low. That post was not defending hold backs or fly ins, it was saying True is not a good organization. Maybe your just a little sensitive to hold backs...That post was accurate, hold backs are part of the landscape right now and apparently so are fly ins. You [Censored] think of the DMV as "adjacent states" !!! If you were from here you would know this area is all a stones throw away from one another. MD, DC, VA, DE, and WV could all be in Howard County for a game in short time. But you keep crying about hold backs...that seems to be what you do best.[/quote]

I made it clear that I don't have an issue with holdbacks or flyins. If it's not against the rules, parents and clubs will do what's in their best interest. The only gripe I have is with people asking us to feel sorry for the poor True MD kids that got displaced by the True IL kids . . . meanwhile their kid is a holdback who displaced a younger kid. That younger kid just needs to "hit the wall" right? But the True MD kid deserves our empathy? If you don't see the hypocrisy I don't know what else to say.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I must say it’s very fun to come on here once in a while and spit out truths we all know (even though some are in denial about it) and never be questioned in any way by anyone with any intelligence. Makes me feel superior. Much like a 14 year old playing against 12 year olds.

Your comments are not insightful...they are that of a whiny little baby! Until hold backs are deemed illegal and against the rules, they are going to happen. My son is not a hold back and I could care less. Rants about hold backs, which is allowed by lacrosse, just sound like crying![/quote]

I don't have a problem with the holdbacks myself but I have to comment on how fool the issue makes people on both sides. Go back and read this tiff from the start. A Next Level booster pointed out correctly that NL scored eleven goals in a one goal loss to FCA, which is the first time they have scored that many against a good team in a while. Then someone else couldn't resist chiming in that FCA has a bunch of former 2027's playing in 2028, like all elite 2028 teams do. Then someone else had to point out that NL has at least three holdbacks of their own. (I would guess they have more, but again, I don't care). And now people are writing long missives calling each other names like hammerhead and using words like pathetic over holdbacks - can't you people hold a discussion about anything without digressing into holdbacks? Seriously, if it bothers you that much, have your son play a sport that is based on age (soccer, hockey) or based on weight (wrestling, football) and not based on grade. At some point, you need to accept that you chose this sport and that is how it is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pathetic

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pathetic

The better word is "uninformed," to describe any family whose son joins Crabs in grades 4-7 as an average sized, good but not spectacular, on-age player who thinks he will stay on the team through HS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First half was a good game, halftime score was 1-2 with hawks only ahead by one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The big attacker for next level I heard reclassed due to his school and there not being enough room in the 27 class

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The big attacker for next level I heard reclassed due to his school and there not being enough room in the 27 class
Haaaa. Whatever. He was 2027 BLC till last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is wrong. He is not on age, but he didn’t reclass and I’m not sure what you are talking about with the room in the 27 class. The school he attends has lots of reclasses and kids who started late. So it’s not like it’s unusual there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which means he’s a holdback, Hot Shot. And one who is watching the playoffs from his couch.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

The 2 Dmiddies on NL are reclasses one is massive and the other has a beard my son told me when he was on the wings with them he got frightened NL has so many more reclasses than we think

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Mate delay cabel got landon vs mater dei live streamed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unofficial HOCO playoffs thread. Keep it classy guys!

Game 1
Hawks v True

Does True bring in reinforcements again? didnt pan out in their favor last time with an 8-2 Hawks victory. Fly ins may help some but prediction is 11-3 alAnnapolis Hawks

Game 2
FCA v Madlax

FCA thumped Madlax pretty badly before they got some kids some much needed PT. Does Cabell have any tricks up his sleeve? Prediction is a closer contest but FCA wins 12-7

Championship

Hawks v FCA. Heavyweights square off once again. Big punches exchanged early between both teams with Hawks outlasting and pulling away handedly in their first matchup.

Prediction-HOCO champion Annapolis Hawks with a 10-9 win

Good luck to those teams playing this weekend. Keep it classy parents!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which means he’s a holdback, Hot Shot. And one who is watching the playoffs from his couch.

He's a holdback yeah but no need to get personal. He's a great goalie and IMO he would be just as dominant if he played with the 2027s. Not his fault NL didn't make the playoffs, the D was great all year. And no not an NL parent, just looking at the Hoco scores and goals against, also my son's team has played against them mult times the past few yrs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unofficial HOCO playoffs thread. Keep it classy guys!

Game 1
Hawks v True

Does True bring in reinforcements again? didnt pan out in their favor last time with an 8-2 Hawks victory. Fly ins may help some but prediction is 11-3 alAnnapolis Hawks

Game 2
FCA v Madlax

FCA thumped Madlax pretty badly before they got some kids some much needed PT. Does Cabell have any tricks up his sleeve? Prediction is a closer contest but FCA wins 12-7

Championship

Hawks v FCA. Heavyweights square off once again. Big punches exchanged early between both teams with Hawks outlasting and pulling away handedly in their first matchup.

Prediction-HOCO champion Annapolis Hawks with a 10-9 win

Good luck to those teams playing this weekend. Keep it classy parents!

looks accurate to me. I think Hawks/FCA margin of victory will be a little larger, no disrespect to FCA, they're a great team, but the Hawks just seem on a diff level and their defense is tighter. It's the playoffs though so anything can happen. Good luck to everyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the one with the beard is friends with my son his bar mitzvah was about 3 weeks ago the kid is fine and of age.

Like Reply Quote
Page 184 of 260 1 2 182 183 184 185 186 259 260
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard