BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,329
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 42 of 81 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 80 81
Re: MD Girls 2028
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Too bad for Pride; a 6 team pool would have made more sense. That would have allowed Pride to play Crush and M&D face the number 1 seed. Or even a 5 v 4 play in..

But, for predictions on the actual playoffs, it would be easier with a line, but here goes:

--Coppermine over MD United again, but closer than the rain game earlier this month. Coppermine by 3.

--Crush over Heroes. They haven't been tested since early season, but their one goal loss to Coppermine and win over MDU make me believe they can pull this off. Crush by 1.

--Coppermine over Crush in the finals. They are just too strong this Spring (or since last Spring really) and will play their best game of the year. Coppermine by 4.

--Bonus Pick. Coppermine will beat Eagle Stix in NC for the National Championship. Eagle Stix hasn't played anybody serious since last November. Coppermine will be tuned up. Coppermine by 2.

Looks like these predictions are definitive? Or playoff team boosters worried about jinxing if they weigh in?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wonder if it’s their joystick coaching?

What is joystick coaching?
Removing any spontaneity from the athletes by controlling every move they make from the sidelines. It's great for winning games at younger ages, but terrible for building sports IQ for the long term. If your coach is constantly calling plays on every offensive possession, deciding who gets to take it in, against which defender, and when, congrats, you have a joystick coach.

Evaluation from a parent that I bet has never won a title at any sport let along win a game! Undefeated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Removing any spontaneity from the athletes by controlling every move they make from the sidelines. It's great for winning games at younger ages, but terrible for building sports IQ for the long term. If your coach is constantly calling plays on every offensive possession, deciding who gets to take it in, against which defender, and when, congrats, you have a joystick coach.

The offense looks like it struggles the most this NGLL season. Hopefully they look at upgrading

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Evaluation from a parent that I bet has never won a title at any sport let along win a game! Undefeated.

But is M&D undefeated?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New Post - Most people concentrate on the flashy, exciting aspect of offense and goal scoring but championships are most often won by DEFENSE.
Any thoughts or breakdown opinions on the defensive side of Semi-Finals ?

HG vs Crush - Defensive Players & Goalies

Coppermine vs MDU - Defensive Players & Goalies

Same Comparisons for whichever teams you expect to play in Final

Thank you

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New Post - Most people concentrate on the flashy, exciting aspect of offense and goal scoring but championships are most often won by DEFENSE.

Thank you

They all have a similar stat line for GA. Crush has the fewest, but they also had 1 less game against a top 5 opponent. I would say they are all pretty Sonia lad and strong defensively, which is why they are the 4 left standing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When looking at the “ top 5 opponent”. If you are using end of season standings, Hero’s Green is the one that had the easiest schedule, only playing Coppermine.
Coppermine had the toughest, playing the other 3 playoff teams…wow.
Crush and MDU each played each other and Coppermine.
Hero’s only played Coppermine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you

They all have a similar stat line for GA. Crush has the fewest, but they also had 1 less game against a top 5 opponent. I would say they are all pretty Sonia lad and strong defensively, which is why they are the 4 left standing.

Coppermine's goalie is outstanding. And their starting defender who covers low attack on the right side is possibly the best 1 v1 defender in the NGLL. Middies play great defense too with their size.

Crush D plays a nice team game with smooth switches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any scores from the playoff games for today?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But, for predictions on the actual playoffs, it would be easier with a line, but here goes:

--Coppermine over MD United again, but closer than the rain game earlier this month. Coppermine by 3.

--Crush over Heroes. They haven't been tested since early season, but their one goal loss to Coppermine and win over MDU make me believe they can pull this off. Crush by 1.

--Coppermine over Crush in the finals. They are just too strong this Spring (or since last Spring really) and will play their best game of the year. Coppermine by 4.

--Bonus Pick. Coppermine will beat Eagle Stix in NC for the National Championship. Eagle Stix hasn't played anybody serious since last November. Coppermine will be tuned up. Coppermine by 2.[/quote]

Must have been some great games today at Garrison Forest! Coppermine over MDU 9-8 and Crush over Heroes 7-6. Anybody who saw the games want to give a summary?

Missed the margin of victory for Coppermine--looks like MDU brought their A game today--but got the Crush win right.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t have a 2028 but I was at GFS for hours, with other grad years, can we talk about Coppermine 28 and their flopping? It’s embarrassing to the game. It’s LeBron level. Great lax players but cut the BS please, these refs talk

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
10-3 is no BS.

Will the Coppermine haters change their tune yet? Or after the Nationals?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations Coppermine!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t have a 2028 but I was at GFS for hours, with other grad years, can we talk about Coppermine 28 and their flopping? It’s embarrassing to the game. It’s LeBron level. Great lax players but cut the BS please, these refs talk

Watched the game too and yes there were flops by both teams. However the refs did a great job of mostly letting the girls play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The flopping is getting worse and worse. Lots of acting and trying to draw cards in the head when nothing is there. Bad look for sure and takes away from the talent on the field. Just play the game and stop over dramatizing every little ounce of contact.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only BS is you saying you don’t have a 2028.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats on a good NGLL season everyone. It was a more competitive bunch overall with several competitive teams, and not just 3 or 4. It is clear the game is growing and the talent is spreading. The Playoff representation seemed more evenly spread from all the age groups

Championship Weekend representation by club for the A division (27-32)

Heros Green 5 teams
MDU 5 teams
Coppermine 3 teams
M&D 3 teams
BLC 3 teams
Limelight 2 teams
Crush 1 team

It is nice to see the list of teams in the playoffs growing and having enough talent in the area to support more competitive teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was not at the game and don't have a 2028, but I'll add the dropping the head to get a card seems to be a new and growing thing. I see it at all levels including HS. Flopping has always been around some, but it's definitely getting worse. It's a very hard game to ref, but the lax ref guidance needs to come down hard on it. They need to issue automatic cards for a clear and obvious flop. Right now, there is no downside to flopping. You can flop after 9 bad shots and they can all be obvious and not get called, but then flop one more time and the ref has a bad angle and you get the call.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was not at the game and don't have a 2028, but I'll add the dropping the head to get a card seems to be a new and growing thing. I see it at all levels including HS. Flopping has always been around some, but it's definitely getting worse. It's a very hard game to ref, but the lax ref guidance needs to come down hard on it. They need to issue automatic cards for a clear and obvious flop. Right now, there is no downside to flopping. You can flop after 9 bad shots and they can all be obvious and not get called, but then flop one more time and the ref has a bad angle and you get the call.

The problem won't stop until refs starting giving cards for diving/flopping. It was an officiating point of emphasis in New York this year. Hope it catches on everywhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, the constant head dropping while being defended, trying to draw a card is out of control. Some of the most talented players are doing this and parents add to the noise. The game will go downhill if Refs don't step in and warm teams to stop doing the head drop and then flop.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you watch D1 lacrosse? It's horrible to watch - some schools worse then others. I believe the Va Tech coach even tweeted about how bad it is and something needs to change.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Watched the game too and yes there were flops by both teams. However the refs did a great job of mostly letting the girls play.

Was there to watch the semifinal game after and have played both teams many times over the years. MDU player is going warp speed and at times out of control and gets bailed out when contact happens because she is off balance. Coppermine player is slowly jogging, puts her head down as she barrels in then snaps her head violently back to draw a foul. And she typically gets the call so don’t see it stopping anytime soon.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was there to watch the semifinal game after and have played both teams many times over the years. MDU player is going warp speed and at times out of control and gets bailed out when contact happens because she is off balance. Coppermine player is slowly jogging, puts her head down as she barrels in then snaps her head violently back to draw a foul. And she typically gets the call so don’t see it stopping anytime soon.

Watch the Coppermine / MDU game and saw MDU flop once when surrounded by the sideline. Saw Coppermine flop right on top of 8M on slight contact. Either were girls moving fast much less at a jog. Point is I agree it happens too much by all teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, the constant head dropping while being defended, trying to draw a card is out of control. Some of the most talented players are doing this and parents add to the noise. The game will go downhill if Refs don't step in and warm teams to stop doing the head drop and then flop.

I'm an official at the youth/HS level. Currently there is no nomenclature that allows for calling a foul or carding a "flop" or what would be considered embellishment. The only wording in the rule book under misconduct fouls is Article I- h- Any type of behavior which in the official's opinion amounts to misconduct.

I have a feeling there will be something added this coming season similar to the college game as it is a point of emphasis there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed. In the 29 championship game, I actually saw an offensive foul called for a girl leading with her head to try to get a foul

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter used to play for Coppermine. The coaches instructed them every practice how to flop when going to the goal. It’s an embarrassment to the great game of lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter used to play for Coppermine. The coaches instructed them every practice how to flop when going to the goal. It’s an embarrassment to the great game of lacrosse.

Agreed. I overheard one parent during drop-off yell to her daughter from the car “go get those 8-meter freebies”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people stoop to new lows everytime I log on to this site. How sad of an individual do you have to be to make a comment like that??
They teach how to flop right in between defensive clearing and shot placement in practice.
SMH

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They've been doing this for years. And the way they ALL do it the same way, it's obvious it's either coached or just girls on the team emulating one another. As cheap and boring as it is, it does usually work out for them so it's unlikely to stop.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are any of your DDs trying out for American Select this weekend? Anyone know who the 2028 coaches will be? I realize a pool of coaches are listed on the website, but it doesn't say who is coaching what.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are any of your DDs trying out for American Select this weekend? Anyone know who the 2028 coaches will be? I realize a pool of coaches are listed on the website, but it doesn't say who is coaching what.

save your $1,000 plus dollars

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Flat out, made up lie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree! Use that money for individual or small group training.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree! Use that money for individual or small group training.

Somehow I missed it was out of town, so I guess it would be well over 1k! That’s pretty steep for a few games with no real significance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
loyo29 posts on here a lot. Click his name you can figure out exactly who he is and that he lies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
loyo29 posts on here a lot. Click his name you can figure out exactly who he is and that he lies.

I'm not sure if this is a joke or not. But in the event that it isn't...all new threads are posted in response to loyo29 because they are the member who started the thread.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like a disgruntled parent who’s daughter wasn’t good enough to get PT on one of the best teams in the country. They win because they have some really talented girls and are well coached. Work with your daughter to get better rather than making BS up about a great team. You’re pathetic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They've been doing this for years. And the way they ALL do it the same way, it's obvious it's either coached or just girls on the team emulating one another. As cheap and boring as it is, it does usually work out for them so it's unlikely to stop.

Stoop to new lows. Guess it’s easier to make up stuff about great teams when your DD’s team isn’t good enough to beat them. You should be proud of yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine coaches coming to the defense like they do on all these forums. I don’t blame them but own the reputation you’ve created.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine coaches coming to the defense like they do on all these forums. I don’t blame them but own the reputation you’ve created.

Yup, if people only knew what goes on.

Like Reply Quote
Page 42 of 81 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 80 81
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard