BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,715
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 41 of 81 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 80 81
Re: MD Girls 2028
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is anyone else hoping their daughter's team loses in playoffs to preserve your Memorial Day weekend with family?

Playoffs end on 5/14. Memorial Day is 2 weeks later.
Only non-Coppermine parents wouldn't understand that the NGLL Championships are held in conjunction with the NCAA Women's Championship Memorial Day weekend. I've had hotel reservations for months because I knew our team was heading South to get that Championship!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is anyone else hoping their daughter's team loses in playoffs to preserve your Memorial Day weekend with family?

Only non-Coppermine parents wouldn't understand that the NGLL Championships are held in conjunction with the NCAA Women's Championship Memorial Day weekend. I've had hotel reservations for months because I knew our team was heading South to get that Championship!
Why do people on here detest Coppermine and the parents so much? Do you really know any of them or the girls on the team?
Why are people on here always trying to stir the pot?
People love to detest on here! SAD

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only non-Coppermine parents wouldn't understand that the NGLL Championships are held in conjunction with the NCAA Women's Championship Memorial Day weekend. I've had hotel reservations for months because I knew our team was heading South to get that Championship![/quote]

god be quiet !!!! i find it rich that M&D, heros and skywalkers parents are on here complaining about Coppermine parents. the big three clubs around here parents are notorious for their mouth and sideline behaviors

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think the game will be close at all. Hero's will be too much for Crush to handle. It will be a Hero's v Coppermine final - with Coppermine taking it all.[/quote]

Interested to hear others opinions on why everyone think Hero's is so strong? Disagree they beat Crush easily. Crush may have the least amount of depth but are well coached. MDU has the most speed to compete with Coppermine.[/quote]

I think it depends on which Crush teams shows up. I believe their head coach may have a tournament that weekend as well. That may be a factor, but, I believe their assistant coaches will keep them focused. Either way, hopefully there are two great semis and a great championship game and the mid-Atlantic rep takes home the ship!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The last playoff piece. M&D or MD United for the last playoff spot. GA for M&D is 28 but play FCA (playing better) and SW (lost Stars Blue this weekend) vs GA for MD United is 31 but only play NEMS. Predictions?

I think GA is the stat used only if if there is a 3 or more teams tied for the last spot. So if pride beats stars then the GA stat comes into place. MDU will not let up more than 2 to nems. So their GA final should be 33. So can M&D hold FCA and SW to 2 goals each? possible. It will be tight race.

If pride loses to stars, however, then the GA stat is no longer relevant since they would have 3 losses and it would only be a 2 way tie between M&D and MDU and MDU wins based on head to head competition.

Improved Pride will not lose to improved Stars, even if it a Virginia rivalry game. That said, I think MDU has the clearer path here with Goals Against.

MDU could easily shut out NEMS if they made that their objective. That said, M&D holding FCA and SW to a total of 4 goals is a tough task. SW is averaging 10 goals a game. M&D would have to play an ugly game of keep away for 30+ minutes in each game, and a turnover or transition goal or two, much less a free position (given how tightly fouls are called) seems very likely.

Shocking as it is to see M&D left out of the playoffs, it looks like the fourth spot is probably going to MDU. Goal Differential would have been preferable.

Shocked as well to see M&D lose to Heros in a must have game. The Crush Heros game will be entertaining
I don't think the game will be close at all. Hero's will be too much for Crush to handle. It will be a Hero's v Coppermine final - with Coppermine taking it all.

Interested to hear others opinions on why everyone think Hero's is so strong? Disagree they beat Crush easily. Crush may have the least amount of depth but are well coached. MDU has the most speed to compete with Coppermine.

MDU matches up best with Coppermine yet they had the biggest margin of loss compared to crush and hero’s. Was it just an off day for them? Crush already played a 1 goal game with coppermine and Hero’s only lost by 2, so it is definitely anyone’s trophy at this point. The hero’s/ coop game was the 1st of the season so it will come down to who improved the most.

The MDU game was in the rain so that probably had some impact. Don't see it being a 5+goal game again for the playoff matchup.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do people on here detest Coppermine and the parents so much? Do you really know any of them or the girls on the team?

Quotes like the above are perfect examples and answers to your question.
Yes, only Coppermine parents know that there is actually college lacrosse and that the championship is Memorial Day weekend...clown statement.
And , by all means, book your room ahead of time. Im sure others have as well from other clubs. But to continue to post it here makes you again, look like a clown to other clubs. Stating your confidence by booking a room ahead of time is stirring the pot, not people disliking that bs comment.

And no one dislikes any of the girls on Coppermine or other teams, just the parents...lol. The girls are great!

Should be 2 great games in the playoffs and the conference will have a strong national contender heading to NC, no matter who wins.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MDU matches up best with Coppermine yet they had the biggest margin of loss compared to crush and hero’s. Was it just an off day for them? Crush already played a 1 goal game with coppermine and Hero’s only lost by 2, so it is definitely anyone’s trophy at this point. The hero’s/ coop game was the 1st of the season so it will come down to who improved the most.[/quote]

The MDU game was in the rain so that probably had some impact. Don't see it being a 5+goal game again for the playoff matchup.[/quote]

Will any other non-Coppermine parent acknowledge that the 2028 team has separated itself from the pack and is playing at a higher and more consistent level than the other top 4 teams in Maryland, or is it really going to be a litany of excuses (it was rainy, it was the first game of the season, we only lost by a goal, it was closer than the score...) right up through the regional Championship?

As a non-Coppermine parent/fan, I give credit where it's due, and wish Coppermine luck representing the region against Eagle Stix for the Championship in North Carolina, after it takes care of business next weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Improved Pride will not lose to improved Stars, even if it a Virginia rivalry game. That said, I think MDU has the clearer path here with Goals Against.

MDU could easily shut out NEMS if they made that their objective. That said, M&D holding FCA and SW to a total of 4 goals is a tough task. SW is averaging 10 goals a game. M&D would have to play an ugly game of keep away for 30+ minutes in each game, and a turnover or transition goal or two, much less a free position (given how tightly fouls are called) seems very likely.

Shocking as it is to see M&D left out of the playoffs, it looks like the fourth spot is probably going to MDU. Goal Differential would have been preferable.[/quote]

I would hope that a 7th grade lax team would not play keep away for 40 minutes for 2 games but it wouldn’t shock me if M&D tried because they have done it in the past when championships were on the line. With that being said, I think FCA and SW are too good to let that happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I didn't read the post about

god be quiet !!!! i find it rich that M&D, heros and skywalkers parents are on here complaining about Coppermine parents. the big three clubs around here parents are notorious for their mouth and sideline behaviors[/quote]

Pretty sure the poster you responded to was talking up Coppermine, not complaining about them. "non-Coppermine parent's wouldn't understand" = "Coppermine parents being the only people who understand"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Non-Big 5 parent but rooting for CM because they have the best chance to beat ES and win the championship for region.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MDU matches up best with Coppermine yet they had the biggest margin of loss compared to crush and hero’s. Was it just an off day for them? Crush already played a 1 goal game with coppermine and Hero’s only lost by 2, so it is definitely anyone’s trophy at this point. The hero’s/ coop game was the 1st of the season so it will come down to who improved the most.

The MDU game was in the rain so that probably had some impact. Don't see it being a 5+goal game again for the playoff matchup.[/quote]

Will any other non-Coppermine parent acknowledge that the 2028 team has separated itself from the pack and is playing at a higher and more consistent level than the other top 4 teams in Maryland, or is it really going to be a litany of excuses (it was rainy, it was the first game of the season, we only lost by a goal, it was closer than the score...) right up through the regional Championship?

As a non-Coppermine parent/fan, I give credit where it's due, and wish Coppermine luck representing the region against Eagle Stix for the Championship in North Carolina, after it takes care of business next weekend.[/quote]

Would someone please give the parents the affirmation they need already?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please stop taking anonymous troll bait as Copp parent posts.

Best to all in the coming weeks and cheers to a competitive summer tourney season before a well deserved lacrosse break!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best to all in the coming weeks and cheers to a competitive summer tourney season before a well deserved lacrosse break!

Can someone please explain to me when this alleged lacrosse break is?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can someone please explain to me when this alleged lacrosse break is?

August, if you don't do some camps lol.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
your team doesn't play tournaments?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are the lines for this weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like Crush and M&D are the only upper level A teams in the Mid-Atlantic Summer Club Championships. Schedules are out...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Patience my trolling friend...they will arrive shortly. The question should be: Will Skywalkers play spoiler this weekend. Can they pull the upsets against M&D and Hero's?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So clearly our lines were driven by M&D Dad who now no longer cares enough to pay attention.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like Crush and M&D are the only upper level A teams in the Mid-Atlantic Summer Club Championships. Schedules are out...

Summer Mid Atlantic is becoming less and less popular. The timing of it is not good with tryouts for lost clubs occurring right before. Also with mid Atlantic at the end of the summer season after most teams have played 5-7 tourneys already it’s losing its appeal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do the new additions to skywalkers from PA attend all the NGLL games or just he important ones? Their scores seem lopsided

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So clearly our lines were driven by M&D Dad who now no longer cares enough to pay attention.

Umm or Coppermine who has finished their regular season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Summer Mid Atlantic is becoming less and less popular. The timing of it is not good with tryouts for lost clubs occurring right before. Also with mid Atlantic at the end of the summer season after most teams have played 5-7 tourneys already it’s losing its appeal.
What are the 5-7 Summer tourneys for 28s? These are the 5 I'm tracking: Impulse, Live Love Lax, Lax for the Cure, Genesis Origins, Mid-Atlantic

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's not true. Both Eagle Stix and Aces are playing in the same division they are. Maybe you meant mid-atlantic top teams, but who cares? Summer time tourneys should be about playing competition you don't see 75 times throughout the rest of the year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's not true. Both Eagle Stix and Aces are playing in the same division they are. Maybe you meant mid-atlantic top teams, but who cares? Summer time tourneys should be about playing competition you don't see 75 times throughout the rest of the year.
Considering this is a Maryland forum, I would assume they meant Maryland A level teams!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Also Maryland Cup becoming more popular. Almost all top NE teams playing in that event instead.

At older age groups, lots of top MD teams playing in it as wel. Heros 25s and 26s playing there instead. Same with Capital, TLC and a few others.

My guess is that it will soon be the top maryland based summer tourney.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Considering this is a Maryland forum, I would assume they meant Maryland A level teams!

That's sort of limiting the conversation when discussing the level of "upper level" competition at any given tournament. Out of state teams are relevant to that conversation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When has M&D held the ball for 40 min in the past? They have certainly held the ball late in games as I would say all good teams do. I think we can all agree that’s the proper strategy. M&D has been on the other side as well when teams have held the ball to kill clock.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Patience my trolling friend...they will arrive shortly. The question should be: Will Skywalkers play spoiler this weekend. Can they pull the upsets against M&D and Hero's?

FCA was almost the spoiler. Who would have ever guessed they would play M&D to a 1 goal game?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is going on at M&D? 3 losses in NGLL. Haven’t looked good in any games this spring. Lots of turnovers!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is going on at M&D? 3 losses in NGLL. Haven’t looked good in any games this spring. Lots of turnovers!

You've watched all their games this spring?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Playoff predictions? M&D goes from Champs to out. Pride goes 6-2 and misses out.

Hero's vs Coppermine championship?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wonder if it’s their joystick coaching?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is joystick coaching?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Too bad for Pride; a 6 team pool would have made more sense. That would have allowed Pride to play Crush and M&D face the number 1 seed. Or even a 5 v 4 play in..

But, for predictions on the actual playoffs, it would be easier with a line, but here goes:

--Coppermine over MD United again, but closer than the rain game earlier this month. Coppermine by 3.

--Crush over Heroes. They haven't been tested since early season, but their one goal loss to Coppermine and win over MDU make me believe they can pull this off. Crush by 1.

--Coppermine over Crush in the finals. They are just too strong this Spring (or since last Spring really) and will play their best game of the year. Coppermine by 4.

--Bonus Pick. Coppermine will beat Eagle Stix in NC for the National Championship. Eagle Stix hasn't played anybody serious since last November. Coppermine will be tuned up. Coppermine by 2.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Up, down, up, down, A, B, A, B, select, start

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Removing any spontaneity from the athletes by controlling every move they make from the sidelines. It's great for winning games at younger ages, but terrible for building sports IQ for the long term. If your coach is constantly calling plays on every offensive possession, deciding who gets to take it in, against which defender, and when, congrats, you have a joystick coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Removing any spontaneity from the athletes by controlling every move they make from the sidelines. It's great for winning games at younger ages, but terrible for building sports IQ for the long term. If your coach is constantly calling plays on every offensive possession, deciding who gets to take it in, against which defender, and when, congrats, you have a joystick coach.

I have to disagree slightly as many parents liken sets to plays. Good coaches at this age call "sets" that give the girls structure and teaches them how to cut, play off each other, etc. Too many times you see coaches just allowing "free" play and you see girls taking space from a drive, cutting at the same time as another cutter, driving into 2-3 girls. I hear too many times parents arguing for "free" play and to be honest it is usually the parents of kids with lower IQs, an inability to grasp a concept or set, inability to play a team game. These are the same kids that will struggle come HS. I wish more coaches would teach sets that build off each other and teach the girls how to play a team concept game while understanding their roles given the situation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lines for Semi-Finals

Coppermine vs MDU
Coppermine -3.5

Hero's Green vs Crush
HG -2

All four teams can win. I do like Crush pulling the upset, they have some fantastic speed. That being said, likely Coppermine vs HG is what we get. Don't count out MDU pulling an upset here. They have been in this spot many times.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree- it makes the girls tentative and feel like they are not trusted (especially the ones that are not encouraged to go to the goal or have any plays geared them) as well as afraid to make mistakes.

Like Reply Quote
Page 41 of 81 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 80 81
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard