BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,925
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 206 of 215 1 2 204 205 206 207 208 214 215
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to the LI girls getting selected to the All American games! Best of the best! LI already has more this year than last. I’m sure there will be a few more to follow.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Good point. Northport also came within 2 OT and 1 point of losing the LIC to Massapeqa. Massapeqa would have been LI Champ and at the States with Zero AA. And northport the lost with 3 AA.
Something smells bad.

Massapequa just may have a good team with no superstars.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good point. Northport also came within 2 OT and 1 point of losing the LIC to Massapeqa. Massapeqa would have been LI Champ and at the States with Zero AA. And northport the lost with 3 AA.
Something smells bad.

Massapequa just may have a good team with no superstars.

Like Bayport

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can somebody tell me why Bellport has a win versus east Hampton and East Hampton / Bridgehampton / Pierson / Ross Girls Lacrosse? I thought East Hampton does not have their own team and they merged with the other three teams to form a team. When you look at the schedule Newsday gives them credit twice for a game they won 17-5. Also, the points are giving double credit in the individual scoring leader stats.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will there be a Suffolk Lax awards dinner this year?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stats reporting is not accurate for many reasons, this being one of them. Some coaches give credit for assists that never happened.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has there ever been one?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stats reporting is not accurate for many reasons, this being one of them. Some coaches give credit for assists that never happened.

The stats for assists is a complete joke. The majority of them are nowhere near being correct

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The stats for assists is a complete joke. The majority of them are nowhere near being correct

The assist should be the last person to pass to the person who scores the goal. Like soccer and hockey. Silly definition in lax if the person does a lax move that’s not an assist. Too much grey area encourage girls to pass the ball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They need to correct the double win and stats for Bellport verse East Hampton. It is one thing to give an extra assist, but an entire game is obviously a mistake.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The assist should be the last person to pass to the person who scores the goal. Like soccer and hockey. Silly definition in lax if the person does a lax move that’s not an assist. Too much grey area encourage girls to pass the ball.

Would make it a lot easier to keep track of. Now a days most of the games are taped and it keeps the coach's a bit more honest on the reporting of assists. The goal scorers are the true stat leaders in this tracking system. You can't fudge that!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would make it a lot easier to keep track of. Now a days most of the games are taped and it keeps the coach's a bit more honest on the reporting of assists. The goal scorers are the true stat leaders in this tracking system. You can't fudge that!

Maybe Newsday should watch the films and get the stats themselves? It May be more accurate that way?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Girls Class B Playoff Standings if they started today.

1-Eastport/SManor 5-2-0 5-3-0 125.470
2-Smithtown West 4-2-0 6-2-0 122.140
3-West Islip 5-1-0 7-1-0 120.440
4-Islip 4-2-0 6-2-0 113.740
5-Comsewogue 2-4-0 2-5-0 107.850
6-Bellport 4-3-0 4-4-0 106.010

OUTSIDE LOOKING IN
7-West Babylon 2-4-0 2-5-0 104.760
8-East Islip 3-3-0 4-4-0 96.830
9-Hauppauge 2-4-0 2-6-0 88.020
10-North Babylon 1-4-0 1-4-0 82.910
11-Deer Park 0-5-0 0-6-0 72.440
12-EH/BH/PIER/Ross 0-6-0 0-6-0 71.160

Girls Class B Playoff Standings if they started today 5/9/23.

1-West Islip 9-4-0 11-4-0 134.990
2-Eastport/SManor 8-5-0 8-6-0 132.240
3-Smithtown West 7-6-0 9-6-0 117.870
4-Comsewogue 5-8-0 5-9-0 108.770
5-Bellport 8-5-0 9-6-0 103.780
6-West Babylon 5-8-0 5-9-0 99.220

OUTSIDE LOOKING IN

7-East Islip 5-8-0 6-9-0 86.600
8-Hauppauge 4-9-0 4-11-0 72.370

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe Newsday should watch the films and get the stats themselves? It May be more accurate that way?

There is a ton of grey area. The winning coach reports the stats to Newsday for both teams and often times the stats are not accurate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thoughts on parent coaching at the high school level?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just like everywhere else, it represents a conflict of interest. Obviously their child will get more chances than others. Should not be allowed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the parent has been the coach and now the child is playing for them I don't see an issue with it. If the parent is only coaching because their child is a player then that's probably not good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West Bab having a tough year. Racking up stat points against weak completion, but can’t win a meaningful game. Will they even make playoffs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is a ton of grey area. The winning coach reports the stats to Newsday for both teams and often times the stats are not accurate.
Most people at the scorers table have never played lacrosse. They have no idea what a real save or assist is and usually record what the players and coaches are telling them. Happen for both girls and boys. They're not even close to accurate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Instead we should hire teachers who are not up to the task.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seems like more parents involved in girls lacrosse than boys

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seems like more parents involved in girls lacrosse than boys

Very true. It shouldnt be allowed. The conflict of interest is always very noticeable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
west islip girls coach 2 daughters on team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MC over WF on n inverted whistle with a tied game on a fast break. Way to go refs. Your apology at the end of the game means nothing. You knew you blew the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MC over WF on n inverted whistle with a tied game on a fast break. Way to go refs. Your apology at the end of the game means nothing. You knew you blew the game.

Refs are ruining many games this year. It’s really getting ridiculous how many lopsided calls I’m witnessing. A refs bad calls should never influence the outcome of a game. Many do not know or understand the rules, nor do they communicate with a ref who is standing closer to they play. Girls going early, not called. Cross checking calls on one team but not the other. Blatant fouls overlooked. Charges that are not charged. Face guards holding sticks is a penalty! It needs to stop!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every sport deals with bad or different refs and blaming a game on it is really challenging and just sounds like excuses I know but here is what I see as a challenge and a potential fix. I was a referee for soccer since I was in high school(great money by the way for a teen) and it is really tough to be a ref. Everyone has a different angle and different interpretation of the rules. Let face it, if we ask what’s shooting space, we would get 200 different answers on this site. The challenge I see in the sport is that unlike other sports, lacrosse neither has a head ref or a 3 person consistent team that works all games together.

Because of this, every ref calls things differently and it is impossible for teams to adjust to a reffing style during the game like other sports allow. If a ref calls a game tight, you adjust what you do but when one ref calls a tight game and the other allows a more physical game we are not allowing the girls to adjust mid game.

Either assign a team the entire season(with occasional subs of course) or adjust the game to have a 3 man ref system similar to soccer where the secondary refs raise their flag for what they see as a foul but leave it to the head ref and whistle to decide what to call

The later could cause a little slower play but I think consistency is a much better approach even if the whistles come slower

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every sport deals with bad or different refs and blaming a game on it is really challenging and just sounds like excuses I know but here is what I see as a challenge and a potential fix. I was a referee for soccer since I was in high school(great money by the way for a teen) and it is really tough to be a ref. Everyone has a different angle and different interpretation of the rules. Let face it, if we ask what’s shooting space, we would get 200 different answers on this site. The challenge I see in the sport is that unlike other sports, lacrosse neither has a head ref or a 3 person consistent team that works all games together.

Because of this, every ref calls things differently and it is impossible for teams to adjust to a reffing style during the game like other sports allow. If a ref calls a game tight, you adjust what you do but when one ref calls a tight game and the other allows a more physical game we are not allowing the girls to adjust mid game.

Either assign a team the entire season(with occasional subs of course) or adjust the game to have a 3 man ref system similar to soccer where the secondary refs raise their flag for what they see as a foul but leave it to the head ref and whistle to decide what to call

The later could cause a little slower play but I think consistency is a much better approach even if the whistles come slower

Agree, and a shot clock is needed desperately. Holding the ball for 9 minutes is NOT the way lacrosse is meant to be played. Brutal to watch!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree, and also, a shot clock is DESPERATELY needed at the HS level. Holding the ball for 10 minutes is NOT the way the game should be played. Brutal to watch!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know the categories for section awards? And who ultimately decides which players from each team receive an award? Is there a criteria or is it completely subjective?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know the categories for section awards? And who ultimately decides which players from each team receive an award? Is there a criteria or is it completely subjective?

Nassau and Suffolk are both conducting differently. For Nassau an application is submitted on behalf of the player for All American and the committee decides. For All County, All Conference and the other awards I believe it's a vote at the end of season coaches meeting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please don’t tell me the St Ants people think that win against Manhasset was a good win yesterday? Ugly win. What were the Saints coaches even thinking? They almost lost that game for their team. They got very lucky, Due to some very bad calls! Otherwise, Manhasset would have totally won that game.

Who are the Saints coaches even playing on that team? The Underclassman? Why? When they have all those D1 players just sitting their bench this season! We know the LI players and seeing who was playing and who was sitting in that game last night, made absolutely no sense to us.

We were wondering why the Saints team has been struggling this year against the better competition ? Now, it was made very clear at last nights game. The coaches seem to be making some very questionable playing decisions? How? Why? with all that D1 talent just sitting and rotting on their bench. The Stench is becoming visible, as we did not see very many happy faces on that saints bench last night. Not very many happy parents in the stands either. They Visibly looked unhappy.

What’s happening over there? Did the coaching or leadership change there? Do they actually know the LI girls as players? Someone seems very confused over there? Is there a new coach?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Each team gets a certain number of All County, All Conference, All Division etc. based on their record and place in final standings. Then the coach of each program decides who on the team gets the awards they are allotted

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Each team gets a certain number of All County, All Conference, All Division etc. based on their record and place in final standings. Then the coach of each program decides who on the team gets the awards they are allotted

Coaches do not individually select AA. It is voted on. True for the other awards

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please don’t tell me the St Ants people think that win against Manhasset was a good win yesterday? Ugly win. What were the Saints coaches even thinking? They almost lost that game for their team. They got very lucky, Due to some very bad calls! Otherwise, Manhasset would have totally won that game.

Who are the Saints coaches even playing on that team? The Underclassman? Why? When they have all those D1 players just sitting their bench this season! We know the LI players and seeing who was playing and who was sitting in that game last night, made absolutely no sense to us.

We were wondering why the Saints team has been struggling this year against the better competition ? Now, it was made very clear at last nights game. The coaches seem to be making some very questionable playing decisions? How? Why? with all that D1 talent just sitting and rotting on their bench. The Stench is becoming visible, as we did not see very many happy faces on that saints bench last night. Not very many happy parents in the stands either. They Visibly looked unhappy.

What’s happening over there? Did the coaching or leadership change there? Do they actually know the LI girls as players? Someone seems very confused over there? Is there a new coach?

Maybe you should have kept your daughter at her home HS. She probably wouldn’t have come off the field. Happened to a couple girls I know. They left SA and we’re much happier. The grass isn’t always greener!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe you should have kept your daughter at her home HS. She probably wouldn’t have come off the field. Happened to a couple girls I know. They left SA and we’re much happier. The grass isn’t always greener!

My daughters HS team plays against them. It was an Observation from knowing a lot of the girls on that team.

My daughter plays and is She is happy on her public HS team. We Just feel bad for some of the girls we know to be very good players that she plays club with, who are on that Saints team. They are sitting the bench, and they look miserable. They are some of the better players on the club she plays with.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those parents need to open their check books and buy more bricks for the new walkway and locker room entrance. Or be a rat an undermine anyone you can.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So goalie oassew to a player. She then runs 70 yds to score. That’s an assist ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone looked at the playoff dates for Nassau Girls Class B and C? Semifinals 5/26 Friday night of Memorial Day weekend!! Who came up with that??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughters HS team plays against them. It was an Observation from knowing a lot of the girls on that team.

My daughter plays and is She is happy on her public HS team. We Just feel bad for some of the girls we know to be very good players that she plays club with, who are on that Saints team. They are sitting the bench, and they look miserable. They are some of the better players on the club she plays with.

It must be so boring playing on SA girls. Most of the games are blow outs. The championship game is versing Sacred Heart who they already played during the regular season TWICE!!! 14-5, 17-9. Not to mention 40 girls on the roster. What a waste of time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When does the next wave of All Americans come out? Very few from LI have been picked so far

Like Reply Quote
Page 206 of 215 1 2 204 205 206 207 208 214 215
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard