BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,842
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 205 of 215 1 2 203 204 205 206 207 214 215
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You need to send Jackie the Wolfe a Venmo. He listens to the ones that pay him

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
i don't think many teams are outstanding this year. Lots of teams failing to beat teams they should beat with ease by winning by a goal or two or losing to teams behind them. This year it can be anyone who makes it to the championship. All depends on the team that shows up that day. Are you the team that played well against the big guns or are you the team that can barely beat a team that isn't in the playoff standings.

It really does seem to be one good game vs one bad game could be the difference. No real clear powerhouses. Very mixed bag of results and games going on right now. It will be interesting to see what teams come out on top

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The same head coach has been there for years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why does Nassau have 5 conferences. It seems like the majority of “varsity” teams are more like a middle school team. Scores are embarrassingly lopsided when up against good competition. Suffolk definitely has some of the same, but Nassau far more. Difference is that in Suffolk, some teams are blown out pretty much every game they play, but in say conference 5 of Nassau, some of the teams actually think they’re good, but never play any good teams. I don’t get it.

I'm not sure what your point is? The "top" ten teams are placed in Conference one. Next ten in Conference two and so on. It's not perfect, but it avoids lopsided conference games for the most part. And other than a few wacko parents no one in conf 5 that thinks they are good.

I don't understand Suffolk honestly. Why have Copiague play Commack? It's just awkward and embarassing and has no value for either team. Why not have top teams all play each other?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone explain to me why and how Friends Academy plays in Nassau public conference being a private? Also how is it with 2 returning D1 commits they play in such a weak group. Total sandbagging just to rack up wins and stats. How does a sports governing body allow it?

The deal is when playoffs roll around they have to play one classification higher than they normally would, I guess the thought is this negates the advantage of drawing kids from multiple districts.

For whatever reason they lobbied to move down to Conference 3. Never should have been allowed, they were fine in two, don't really know why the committee agreed to move them. It's embarrassing.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone explain to me why and how Friends Academy plays in Nassau public conference being a private? Also how is it with 2 returning D1 commits they play in such a weak group. Total sandbagging just to rack up wins and stats. How does a sports governing body allow it?

The deal is when playoffs roll around they have to play one classification higher than they normally would, I guess the thought is this negates the advantage of drawing kids from multiple districts.

For whatever reason they lobbied to move down to Conference 3. Never should have been allowed, they were fine in two, don't really know why the committee agreed to move them. It's embarrassing.

Totally agree. We played the in conference 3 and they are way above our level. We're not great but our other games have been competitive. Their 2 players dominated and continued to pile it on. Coach has to to better. Maybe they should go back to other league where they belong

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why does Nassau have 5 conferences. It seems like the majority of “varsity” teams are more like a middle school team. Scores are embarrassingly lopsided when up against good competition. Suffolk definitely has some of the same, but Nassau far more. Difference is that in Suffolk, some teams are blown out pretty much every game they play, but in say conference 5 of Nassau, some of the teams actually think they’re good, but never play any good teams. I don’t get it.

I'm not sure what your point is? The "top" ten teams are placed in Conference one. Next ten in Conference two and so on. It's not perfect, but it avoids lopsided conference games for the most part. And other than a few wacko parents no one in conf 5 that thinks they are good.

I don't understand Suffolk honestly. Why have Copiague play Commack? It's just awkward and embarassing and has no value for either team. Why not have top teams all play each other?

Unfortunately the way the girls rules are written one player can dominate a game and make all the difference. I'm not sure what the answer is but girls hs is hard to watch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Simple; If any team is undefeated in their conference, unless they are conference 1, you are in the wrong conference. Most times intentionally so

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately the way the girls rules are written one player can dominate a game and make all the difference. I'm not sure what the answer is but girls hs is hard to watch.

That’s why the individual STATS thing is a joke! In some of the conferences my grandma could rack up 200 pts!!! So, STATS is not a good indicator of picks for All Americans for the HIgh schools That is obviously not a good way to judge the talent. Someone who knows lacrosse needs to actually look at the tough conferences and actual match ups and see stats from the actually good matched up games! At this point it’s all Apples and Oranges. No comparisons.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s why the individual STATS thing is a joke! In some of the conferences my grandma could rack up 200 pts!!! So, STATS is not a good indicator of picks for All Americans for the HIgh schools That is obviously not a good way to judge the talent. Someone who knows lacrosse needs to actually look at the tough conferences and actual match ups and see stats from the actually good matched up games! At this point it’s all Apples and Oranges. No comparisons.

It’s basically the same as college. Stats do matter. A lot. But strength of schedule also matters. A lot. Stat leaders that play tough schedules are awarded All-America honors. That’s how is works. Not that difficult to understand.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s basically the same as college. Stats do matter. A lot. But strength of schedule also matters. A lot. Stat leaders that play tough schedules are awarded All-America honors. That’s how is works. Not that difficult to understand.

One would hope that’s how it works. LI girls High-school lacrosse is a little different than the college conferences. In College the better players (drafted to schools) are most likely going to be in the tougher conferences and play each other. Not true on LI. Players are all over the conferences based on their publics conference. The stats are not a good indicator of the best players. So, in high-school it should not be taking into account so much!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One would hope that’s how it works. LI girls High-school lacrosse is a little different than the college conferences. In College the better players (drafted to schools) are most likely going to be in the tougher conferences and play each other. Not true on LI. Players are all over the conferences based on their publics conference. The stats are not a good indicator of the best players. So, in high-school it should not be taking into account so much!

If you look at the stat point leaders, say top 20. In Nassau, I see 4 of them as AAs. In the Suffolk top 20, I’d say the same. That means the majority of Stat leaders are not actually the best players. Some of the better teams like Manhasset, Massapequa, BB, WM, don’t even have any girls on those lists, but will likely have AAs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly! So, let’s hope the AA choices are reflection of that!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you look at the stat point leaders, say top 20. In Nassau, I see 4 of them as AAs. In the Suffolk top 20, I’d say the same. That means the majority of Stat leaders are not actually the best players. Some of the better teams like Manhasset, Massapequa, BB, WM, don’t even have any girls on those lists, but will likely have AAs

Like the face guard queen? Gotta be able to get out of those according to the Newsday article!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like the face guard queen? Gotta be able to get out of those according to the Newsday article!

Does the face guard queen even get face guarded?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HS awards and Club awards should have absolutely no connection. Due to the players and coaches doing both I'm sure it factors into decisions, although it shouldn't.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes of course defenders and goalies won’t be on the stats leader board. If you are an offensive player you are measured by your stats and the competition you play. If you are producing against the top competition you are an AA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes of course defenders and goalies won’t be on the stats leader board. If you are an offensive player you are measured by your stats and the competition you play. If you are producing against the top competition you are an AA.

How do goalies and defenders get on the AA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

By shutting down top players. Saving their shots and preventing them from getting shots off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was the tournament today? Awful weather. Anyone have scores to share?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yes so exacctly how do defenders get to be an AA? This doesn't make sense? Who would want to play defense if all it is is about goals? Defense is so important in Lax

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By having knowledgeable lacrosse people on the AA committee who can see the importance of D and Goalies in the game! We need members who really know the game and the LI players. Has to be a group of members from the LI lacrosse community who know the girls from seeing them play over HS career. Need input from every HS coach!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You need to send Jackie the Wolfe a Venmo. He listens to the ones that pay him

Facts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Starts with the HS varsity coach. Has to submit AA application.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think Islip is class B this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What tournament? If you are talking about Gains for Brains (yesterday) it was cancelled

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What tournament? If you are talking about Gains for Brains (yesterday) it was cancelled

Oh wow! Now some teams are down 1-2 games. I guess that’s ok because you only need 14. The stat padders won’t be happy! Wonder why it was cancelled? I thought lax only gets cancelled for dangerous weather like thunder?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh wow! Now some teams are down 1-2 games. I guess that’s ok because you only need 14. The stat padders won’t be happy! Wonder why it was cancelled? I thought lax only gets cancelled for dangerous weather like thunder?

We were told the amount of rain was causing drainage problems and there were large pools of water accumulating on the fields, raising a safety issue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Typical lost knocking a high school kid. Like to know what you did in high school.If you know so much about lacrosse you would know that kid should have been an AA last year. You talk about politics and the buddy club on AA committees. That kid can play and she does it all!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Typical lost knocking a high school kid. Like to know what you did in high school.If you know so much about lacrosse you would know that kid should have been an AA last year. You talk about politics and the buddy club on AA committees. That kid can play and she does it all!

No clue what you are talking about

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do I find out which schools are B and which are C in the mix league?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Class B
North Babylon
Bellport
West Islip
Smithtown West
West Babylon
Deer Park
EH/PIER/BH/Ross
Comsewogue
East Islip
Hauppauge
ESM

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are Conn teams ranked so high on USA Lacrosse and Inside Lacrosse?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because they are some of the best teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do I find out which schools are B and which are C in the mix league?
Section 8 athletics website lists them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is Manhasset struggling this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is Manhasset struggling this year?

Struggling? ... or playing possum?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Newsday and BOTC should list the stats by group so it is apples to apples

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Northport had 3 AA selections last year and none of them touch the field in college. It also goes based on who you know at US Lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good point. Northport also came within 2 OT and 1 point of losing the LIC to Massapeqa. Massapeqa would have been LI Champ and at the States with Zero AA. And northport the lost with 3 AA.
Something smells bad.

Like Reply Quote
Page 205 of 215 1 2 203 204 205 206 207 214 215
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard