BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 24 of 63 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 62 63
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh it’s definitely him, he’d sell every one of his shorts for a win. That’s why he has to wear his kids shorts. Get that man a gift card so he can afford some adult sizes!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Some "domination" games in the 2029 Elite division today (Hawks, FCA, and True Chesapeake). Showed up to watch the Hawks vs. VLC game, but got to see all 8 teams in some capacity as they were going around the same time.

Hawks vs. VLC: Was curious if the VLC victory over Madlax was legit or not, and how they would respond to playing a Hawks team at full strength and clicking. Complete domination in every facet of the game winning 13-0. Hawks offense is so disciplined and structured and their defense....WOW....held VLC tops 2 attackman to zero!!

FCA vs. LTLC: There game was before, but was surprised to see FCA up 9-0 in the 4th quarter. LTLC scored a couple junk goals in the last few seconds, but overall they looked really frustrated on offense and couldn't do much against FCA. FCA looks much improved when they are clicking.

Madlax vs. NL: Two really good teams, didn't get to watch a ton, but score was relatively close until Madlax put it away in the 4th quarter. Madlax is like a robot on offense, which is good or bad. Next Level is definitely a top team. Great battle from what I saw.

True Chesapeake vs. 91 MD: Going to be a long long year for Team 91 in the 2029 division unfortunately. They have talent, but lost so much last year, and are having to redevelop the culture of the team. True Chesapeake looked good and ready to compete for the playoffs. They have a lethal attack group, but will be interested to see how they compete against Hawks, Madlax, and NL.

Heard True has gone the way of the other "traditional" elites and started flying in kids for HoCo games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’ve not heard about the 2029 team bringing kids in yet. But 2028 definitely did last week. 5 kids from Illinois. They were beating crabs 4-3 when the lightening ended that game. Classic true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’ve not heard about the 2029 team bringing kids in yet. But 2028 definitely did last week. 5 kids from Illinois. They were beating crabs 4-3 when the lightening ended that game. Classic true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait until summer!xB

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the early surprises from the season so far?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you think your little Johnny will keep his spot at a competitive program while winning 1/3 of his face offs, blowing slides, not passing to open teammates, etc then you’re in for a rude awakening. Top programs are always recruiting. It’s much easier to recruit than develop.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you think your little Johnny will keep his spot at a competitive program while winning 1/3 of his face offs, blowing slides, not passing to open teammates, etc then you’re in for a rude awakening. Top programs are always recruiting. It’s much easier to recruit than develop.
Not being the parent of an elite level player I have a few questions
1. What percentage of elite level players make it to D1 programs?
2. What percentage of elite players switch teams to a perceived better team when they are not getting playing time.
3. What percentage of elite level players quit lacrosse because they either burn out or feel that they are not good enough to play at such a high level and are not willing to drop down and play at an AAA or AA level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not being the parent of an elite level player I have a few questions
1. What percentage of elite level players make it to D1 programs?
2. What percentage of elite players switch teams to a perceived better team when they are not getting playing time.
3. What percentage of elite level players quit lacrosse because they either burn out or feel that they are not good enough to play at such a high level and are not willing to drop down and play at an AAA or AA level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Not surprised to see HAWKS at the top, but they looked incredible against VLC this past weekend. They are going to be tough to beat even for Madlax.

2. Predators and True Baltimore look beyond "just competitive" in the AAA division. Most people thought Team Maryland would run away with the division. I could see both bumping up to Elite next year.

3. LTLC and Team 91 MD look like the bottom of the barrel once again in the elite division. No one is surprised to see Team 91 so low, but I think many thought LTLC had added some new pieces that could take them to top 4. Obviously not gonna happen.......maybe next year when they migrate over to Crabs 2029. MM.....is panicking as his younger teams are not competitive.

4. FCA looked stronger then I thought. Caught their win over LTLC last week (up 9-0 at one point) and heard that they made some mental errors vs. Next Level in the last minute to cost them that game after leading 5-4. Top 4 and playoffs are definitely in reach, but don't think they can hang with the Hawks or Madlax.

5. Next Level also seems to be stronger than last year and closer to competing with Madlax and Hawks. They are playing without one of their better players currently.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nothing away from the hawks here but it looked like VLC was short handed. Not saying it changes the outcome, but not sure 13-0 reflects the reality of the matchup. But the hawks do look good

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Not surprised to see HAWKS at the top, but they looked incredible against VLC this past weekend. They are going to be tough to beat even for Madlax.

2. Predators and True Baltimore look beyond "just competitive" in the AAA division. Most people thought Team Maryland would run away with the division. I could see both bumping up to Elite next year.

3. LTLC and Team 91 MD look like the bottom of the barrel once again in the elite division. No one is surprised to see Team 91 so low, but I think many thought LTLC had added some new pieces that could take them to top 4. Obviously not gonna happen.......maybe next year when they migrate over to Crabs 2029. MM.....is panicking as his younger teams are not competitive.

4. FCA looked stronger then I thought. Caught their win over LTLC last week (up 9-0 at one point) and heard that they made some mental errors vs. Next Level in the last minute to cost them that game after leading 5-4. Top 4 and playoffs are definitely in reach, but don't think they can hang with the Hawks or Madlax.

5. Next Level also seems to be stronger than last year and closer to competing with Madlax and Hawks. They are playing without one of their better players currently.

In the Lower Divisions

1. BLC is head and shoulders above much if not all of the competition and True Baltimore Green seems to be mirroring its big Brother in the AAA division.

2. The AA division aside from BLC and possibly True Baltimore is going to be a shootout for playoff spots and seeding.

3. It is going to be a long season for Cannons, would it have served them better to drop down to A division

4. Laytonsville Hippos and HLC seem to be the best the A division has to offer, both of those teams dropped from AA last season. The game on Mothers Day could determine the number one seed going into the playoffs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh it’s definitely him, he’d sell every one of his shorts for a win. That’s why he has to wear his kids shorts. Get that man a gift card so he can afford some adult sizes!

What is it about toxic parents/coaches destroying Madlax teams? It has happened on 2024, 2027 and 2026, and seems about to happen on 2028 and 2029. How awful to dump on your son's goalie. If your son could do better let's see it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any predictions for this weekends games???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is it about toxic parents/coaches destroying Madlax teams? It has happened on 2024, 2027 and 2026, and seems about to happen on 2028 and 2029. How awful to dump on your son's goalie. If your son could do better let's see it!
It’s from the top. Cabell Maddux is simply a hammerhead. By the time kids hit puberty, they no longer want to play for that maniac.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2029 definitely flying in at least 7 kids from out of state and rostered on their "National" team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2029 definitely flying in at least 7 kids from out of state and rostered on their "National" team

Bring it on. This is the elite division we’re talking about. I prefer my son play on age kids but don’t care where they’re from. If you want to skirt talent then play down a division.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bring it on. This is the elite division we’re talking about. I prefer my son play on age kids but don’t care where they’re from. If you want to skirt talent then play down a division.

10000% Truth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any predictions for this weekends games???

Elite
FCA vs True Chesapeake (FCA 8 True 7) Upset Special
Madlax Capital vs VLC (Madlax 9 VLC 7)
Hawks Green vs Next Level (Hawks 12 NL 6)
LTLC vs Team 91 (LTLC 9 Team 91 4)

AAA
Team $ vs Carroll Manor (Carroll Manor 7 Team $ 5)
True Balt Black vs Kelly Post Grey (True 10 KP 8)
Team MD vs HoCo (HoCo 12 Team MD 11) Upset Special
Preds vs Hawks Black (Preds 14 Hawks 12) Game of the week

AA
True VA vs Madlax DMV (True VA 10 Madlax 6)
MDLL vs Swarm (Swarm 12 MDLL 3)
VLC Poon vs BLC Blue (BLC Blue 12 VLC 5)
True Baltimore Green vs Cannons (True 7 Cannons 6)

A
Team Impact vs Zingos (Impact 8 Zingos 7)
Kelly Post vs ALC (ALC 10 Kelly Post 4)
HLC Vs Sidewinders (HLC 10 Sidewinders 6)
Hippos vs Ville (Ville 9 Hippos 8) Upset Special and Game of the week
Blue Claws vs BLC Orange (Blue Claws 4 BLC 3)

Did I get any wrong...please let me know

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only can comment on elite teams

FCA/True right on this one, will be anyone's game
ML/VLC ML probably had an off game a few weeks ago, it happens. ML looking for redemption, game will not be close 14-5
Hawks/NL Hawks will win but score will be lower, I am guessing an 8-3 victory. Hawks goalie will dominate the game as usual
LTLC/Team 91 right on this one

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is FCA beating True Chesapeake an upset special? They beat them like 7-2 earlier this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is FCA beating True Chesapeake an upset special? They beat them like 7-2 earlier this year.

True will beat FCA this time around.

1. They were missing their top 2 players earlier
2. Have added 5-7 kids from True National teams that are flying in every weekend

Completely different squad I saw first week then previously

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2. Have added 5-7 kids from True National teams that are flying in every weekend

It's a '28 Chesapeake family subsidizing the '28 guest players. Think you're confusing '29 with '28.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's a '28 Chesapeake family subsidizing the '28 guest players. Think you're confusing '29 with '28.

Correct…at 29 FCA is the team that miraculously got much better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

“Miraculously”. Translation: they got themselves some hold backs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

“Miraculously”. Translation: they got themselves some hold backs.
I can second that....congrats holdback mom and dads....we see you.....we know you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Trickle down effect. 28’s got some 27’s and therefore pushing others to make the same move. Feels like it makes sense to have FCA back in elite though… can’t wait to see next years crabs 2029 team. The Chrystal ball says they will all be 6ft and have facial hair and immediately be ranked in the top five in the country. fool how that works.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah the trickle down effect causes for an interesting effect on the sport. FCA 2029 has a double holdback that was a previously a 27. I guess it's the price of winning and making money for clubs. Not saying it's wrong or right it's a business.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It doesn't really matter...just another opportunity for the on-age kids to be challenged a bit more. None of the holdbacks or double holdbacks this year move the needle. I imagine they wouldn't be holdbacks if they were good enough to play on age. Thanks for helping all the super talented on age kids improve against size disparity. Hope your holdbacks pick up some more skill playing with our on-age boys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA is beginning to become the new hold-back club. If you can't hang with the on-age boys just repeat a grade. What a great life lesson you are teaching your son.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Trickle down effect. 28’s got some 27’s and therefore pushing others to make the same move. Feels like it makes sense to have FCA back in elite though… can’t wait to see next years crabs 2029 team. The Chrystal ball says they will all be 6ft and have facial hair and immediately be ranked in the top five in the country. fool how that works.

Crabs 2029 will be transfers coming over from LTLC 2029 (playing as crabs this summer)....the will need some help with holdbacks to get better and compete.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did FCA miraculously get better? Looking at scores they dominated the competition at AAA and seemed to work there way up the ladder from AA, AAA, Elite over a three year period. They probably could have played Elite last year, not that they would have been the best, but would have at least been better than Team 91 MD.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This forum is starting to get like twitter and politics........filled with false information.

1. LTLC 2029 is not moving over to CRABS 2029
2. FCA does not have any double hold backs on their 2029 team
3. TRUE 2029 is not flying in players from National Teams / Illinois. Maybe they are for 2028, but not for 2029.
4. The HAWKS 2029 coach is not going to complain about Next Levels FOGO not having matching team gloves this weekend. (LOL).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs 2029 will be transfers coming over from LTLC 2029 (playing as crabs this summer)....the will need some help with holdbacks to get better and compete.

I hope the LTLC 29 parents that go are honest with their selves about their son’s ability before they go. I predict those boys are stepping stones for next year and gone the following year. We all know what the future holds and these boys will be looking for a 3rd,4th or 5th team. “Fool me once, …….” You know the rest
I know this will be a stretch, but let’s be the first thread to not complain about holdbacks. It’s old, tiresome and legal. Go play baseball or tennis if you’re worried about injuries or fairness.
Signed,
Under age dad!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legal yes, using your child to put yourself on a podium to show everyone how great you are? Enough said.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“Fool me once, …….” You know the rest

No…what’s the rest?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This forum is starting to get like twitter and politics........filled with false information.

1. LTLC 2029 is not moving over to CRABS 2029
2. FCA does not have any double hold backs on their 2029 team
3. TRUE 2029 is not flying in players from National Teams / Illinois. Maybe they are for 2028, but not for 2029.
4. The HAWKS 2029 coach is not going to complain about Next Levels FOGO not having matching team gloves this weekend. (LOL).

It is a FACT that True Chesapeake 2029 is flying in 7 players from their National team. But thanks for your input.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“Fool me once, …….” You know the rest

No…what’s the rest?
Go become a Crab and find out, again. Unfortunately there are customers like you, exactly what they need.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And it’s a fact that that’s an fca 2027 player said the 2029 used to be on his team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did NL really beat the Hawks today? Any details from those who were there?

Like Reply Quote
Page 24 of 63 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 62 63
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard