BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
Annapolis Hawks
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,915
Members2,609
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 24 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 23 24
Re: Girls 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I don't have any association with the club, but I think rumors of M&D's demise have been greatly exaggerated

24 #1 in the country last year
25 # 3
26 #1
27 #1
28 #2

I think the organization should fold. Seems like they're struggling

Ahh yes. But this is the 2029 forum and I would venture to guess they won’t be a top 5 team when the fall rankings come out. Heros, Coppermine, MDU, Eagle Stix, Aces all ahead of them. They are 3-3 this fall with wins against B level talent and loses to Eagle Stix (blow out) and two to Coppermine. They have been a disaster since losing the NGLL Championship to Heros and from what I’m hearing, coaches have zero control over this team and parents. They refuse to set expectations and roles, allowing kids to just do their thing after mom/dad complains while their better players stand and watch. Why those better kids are staying right now is mind blowing as their loyalty will not be reciprocated once M&D decides these results are unacceptable. Don’t believe me, ask the parents of an older M&D player who learned loyalty is a one way street at M&D.

Their 2030 and 2031 teams are legit too. So what’s the issue with the 2029s? It’s an outlier. Either they are being out coached, as I said, or outplayed. Or both! They have fallen over the last 1-2 years. Denying that by showing me rankings from other ages is laughable at best. Thanks for commenting though “non club affiliated” M&D coach.

Good news is they are 11/12 years old (maybe older. Lots of holdbacks which doesn’t help their argument) so they have time to make a change. Either with better players or better coaches. I can tell you this, no top player from Coppermine, Heros, or MDU is looking at that team and saying, I want to play there. And those who went there over the last 2 years are trying to find a way out because the grass wasn’t as green as they thought. Pay twice as much money for inferior coaching, less practice, and less training isn’t something most parents want at the middle school ages. You go to M&D to develop for HS/recruiting years, not regress.

Good luck! Funny how all the lax dads on here bad mouthed the Coppermine coach yet it seems their staff is getting it done.

Coppermine parents getting way too animated over middle school lacrosse? Who would have ever thought?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's fall... Some girls have soccer and other commitments. Some girls are injured. Some teams were playing with very small rosters last weekend. M&D will be fine.

Heros on the other hand, looked better than ever. Well coached, and more importantly 5 or 6 girls who are just more physically mature - bigger, stronger, faster - than other girls playing in the 2029 age group. They will be tough to stop this spring.

Making your (M&D Coach?) case already as to why Heros beats M&D this Sunday? The Heros roster is essentially UNCHANGED over the last 3 years. Why have they blown by M&D? I won't speculate but I think the answer is clear to everyone outside of the M&D program. Not to mention, when M&D played us this fall their sideline looked full so, not sure "soccer and other commitments" had anything to do with their losses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's fall... Some girls have soccer and other commitments. Some girls are injured. Some teams were playing with very small rosters last weekend. M&D will be fine.

Heros on the other hand, looked better than ever. Well coached, and more importantly 5 or 6 girls who are just more physically mature - bigger, stronger, faster - than other girls playing in the 2029 age group. They will be tough to stop this spring.

Making your (M&D Coach?) case already as to why Heros beats M&D this Sunday? The Heros roster is essentially UNCHANGED over the last 3 years. Why have they blown by M&D? I won't speculate but I think the answer is clear to everyone outside of the M&D program. Not to mention, when M&D played us this fall their sideline looked full so, not sure "soccer and other commitments" had anything to do with their losses.

My goodness you are relentless... 6th grade FALL lacrosse, RELAX! Whoever you may be, you are going to be unbearable come HS.

But if it helps your ego, CONGRATULATIONS on the wins! Let me know when a college coach asks your daughter about those awesome fall wins in 6th grade wink

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously, are you going to be okay?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously, are you going to be okay?

Can only assume it's a salty parent whose kid didn't make M&D at some point so now they get their revenge using an anonymous website.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't have any association with the club, but I think rumors of M&D's demise have been greatly exaggerated

25 # 3
26 #1
27 #1
28 #2

Ahh yes. But this is the 2029 forum and I would venture to guess they won’t be a top 5 team when the fall rankings come out. Heros, Coppermine, MDU, Eagle Stix, Aces all ahead of them. They are 3-3 this fall with wins against B level talent and loses to Eagle Stix (blow out) and two to Coppermine. They have been a disaster since losing the NGLL Championship to Heros and from what I’m hearing, coaches have zero control over this team and parents. They refuse to set expectations and roles, allowing kids to just do their thing after mom/dad complains while their better players stand and watch. Why those better kids are staying right now is mind blowing as their loyalty will not be reciprocated once M&D decides these results are unacceptable. Don’t believe me, ask the parents of an older M&D player who learned loyalty is a one way street at M&D.

Their 2030 and 2031 teams are legit too. So what’s the issue with the 2029s? It’s an outlier. Either they are being out coached, as I said, or outplayed. Or both! They have fallen over the last 1-2 years. Denying that by showing me rankings from other ages is laughable at best. Thanks for commenting though “non club affiliated” M&D coach.

Good news is they are 11/12 years old (maybe older. Lots of holdbacks which doesn’t help their argument) so they have time to make a change. Either with better players or better coaches. I can tell you this, no top player from Coppermine, Heros, or MDU is looking at that team and saying, I want to play there. And those who went there over the last 2 years are trying to find a way out because the grass wasn’t as green as they thought. Pay twice as much money for inferior coaching, less practice, and less training isn’t something most parents want at the middle school ages. You go to M&D to develop for HS/recruiting years, not regress.

Good luck! Funny how all the lax dads on here bad mouthed the Coppermine coach yet it seems their staff is getting it done.

Coppermine parents getting way too animated over middle school lacrosse? Who would have ever thought?

You must have visited the 2028 forum as well 😂

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

25 # 3
26 #1
27 #1
28 #2

That would make sense since, especially since both 29 and 28 teams continue to win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

25 # 3
26 #1
27 #1
28 #2

That would make sense since, especially since both 29 and 28 teams continue to win.

Your team went 1-2 in your first tournament and in the last one the only decent team you beat was M&D (who you claim isn't even good) so, again, relax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tomorrow's Mid Atlantic games got canceled. Sunday teams will play 2 games and then a playoff and potential Championship.

Schedules:

All Teams Game 1 - 7:30AM
All Teams Game 2 - 9:45AM

Heros vs. Team91
Heros vs M&D

MDU vs Pride
MDU vs Renegades

M&D vs Renegades
M&D vs Heros

Coppermine decided to sit this one out which is a surprise given the field. They could have quieted the doubters on here wink

Two teams come out of the pool play and by the looks of the schedules, it would be surprising if it isn't MDU (who has an incredibly generous schedule) and Heros. With Heros winning the championship.

The best game should be the 9:45 game between Heros and M&D. Essentially being the 2029 Championship game as the winner most likely wins it all and the lost goes home.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tomorrow's Mid Atlantic games got canceled. Sunday teams will play 2 games and then a playoff and potential Championship.

Schedules:

All Teams Game 1 - 7:30AM
All Teams Game 2 - 9:45AM

Heros vs. Team91
Heros vs M&D

MDU vs Pride
MDU vs Renegades

M&D vs Renegades
M&D vs Heros

Coppermine decided to sit this one out which is a surprise given the field. They could have quieted the doubters on here wink

Two teams come out of the pool play and by the looks of the schedules, it would be surprising if it isn't MDU (who has an incredibly generous schedule) and Heros. With Heros winning the championship.

The best game should be the 9:45 game between Heros and M&D. Essentially being the 2029 Championship game as the winner most likely wins it all and the lost goes home.

You were correct...

Heros went 4-0 beating MDU in the Championship 9-1 (they played the equivalent to one half, 22 minutes). They knocked off M&D 7-2 in a full game.

MDU went 2-1-1 including playoffs; beating Pride 7-4 in pool play and BLC 5-4 (shortened playoff game, 22 minutes)... tie was against renegades 5-5 in pool play

M&D went 1-1; beating renegades 11-3

Team 91 went 1-1
Renegades 0-1-1
Pride 0-2

The 2029 class in the mid Atlantic still comes down to Heros and M&D. Heros is the best team right now.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed that Heros is the best. Don't agree with M&D at the next best. MDU & Coppermine are right there with M&D if not better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed that Heros is the best. Don't agree with M&D at the next best. MDU & Coppermine are right there with M&D if not better.

Eagles Stix 29 is right there with those teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed, but we were talking about the 2029 class in the mid Atlantic

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed, but we were talking about the 2029 class in the mid Atlantic

👆

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the new proposed legislation to change grade-based clubs to aged-based clubs, which club gets impacted the most? Do any? I've heard that parents are sweating bullets on the boys' side.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the new proposed legislation to change grade-based clubs to aged-based clubs, which club gets impacted the most? Do any? I've heard that parents are sweating bullets on the boys' side.

What date will they use for the Age cutoff? I'd assume 10/1 to align with how School grades are determined.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What date will they use for the Age cutoff? I'd assume 10/1 to align with how School grades are determined.

Sept 1st will be cut off.

Its going to drastically change a few teams, whose star players are holdbacks, more so on boys but def affect some girls teams. I think we all know the club known for having multiple holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where and when will that legislation actually come to fruition?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Effective Immediately for the Summer of 2023:

* September 1st to September 1st is the club season
* Players are to Play in the class they are currently in
* No player can play down in the summertime

Effective for 2023 Fall / 2024 Spring and Summer (Not Finalized)

* Age Verification through an online portal to upload DOB and Report Card
* Age Window for each class that is 16-18 months - TBD
- September 1st to December 1st - Vast Majority in favor
- September 1st to February 1st
- Birth Year with a window like hockey

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This post is misleading. If you read the whole article you see there’s a lot of steps that have to be taken for this to become the norm in youth lacrosse. As they say, there’s a chicken or the egg situation where either clubs or tournaments have to lead the way. If tournaments go age based they run the risk of fewer teams participating if clubs aren’t aligned this way. If clubs go first they run the risk of having less competitive teams than those who don’t. Seems like it’s still a ways off based on article.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This post is misleading. If you read the whole article you see there’s a lot of steps that have to be taken for this to become the norm in youth lacrosse. As they say, there’s a chicken or the egg situation where either clubs or tournaments have to lead the way. If tournaments go age based they run the risk of fewer teams participating if clubs aren’t aligned this way. If clubs go first they run the risk of having less competitive teams than those who don’t. Seems like it’s still a ways off based on article.
M&D holdback parents cheering on this post as they try to maintain that competitive advantage in middle school lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where can one read the whole article?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
https://www.insidelacrosse.com/arti...cation-is-coming-to-youth-lacrosse/60381

Seems 3step is on board. They now own M&D and Robinson sports who runs a bunch of girls tournaments. This article makes it seem like it’s a done deal with final parameters to be released by January. This could very well be the last spring we see girls 2 years older in 4,5,6th grade playing down. It’s a significant advantage till High School and personally I’m glad this move is being made.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It makes sense that 3Step and other major clubs are interested in the move because they'll ultimately have more teams based on birth year vs a school year that captures multiple birth years, regardless of hold back or not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D holdback parents cheering on this post as they try to maintain that competitive advantage in middle school lacrosse.

What are you talking about? The PP cherry picked information without posting the whole picture. Either they didn't understand the article or they are intentionally trying to stir people up. Either way, clarification was needed. And BTW, the article uses 3Step as their main source and points to them as an org who may lead the way. 3Step owns M&D, so actually, seems like M&D could be at the forefront. So maybe you'll get your wish.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is going to happen much quicker then most people may think.

I know of one club already going to lead the way come July tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is going to happen much quicker then most people may think.

I know of one club already going to lead the way come July tryouts.

Who?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

25 # 3
26 #1
27 #1
28 #2

Ranking finally have all the top teams with enough games played to be included. As for 2029, only team not in there for 2029 is Aces and their rating would have them 17th... M&D gets the benefit of playing good teams at all ages, no cupcakes.

https://www.USCL.com/rank?v=2029&alpha=N&y=2022

24 - 5th
25 - 4th
26 - 6th
27 - 2nd
28 - 4th
29 - 4th

Only one program outside the top 5 and that was last years number 1 team....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who's playing where this weekend? I am assuming this is the last weekend of games for most...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And that's a wrap for the fall season. Does anyone look to make moves based on their fall results?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And that's a wrap for the fall season. Does anyone look to make moves based on their fall results?

Coppermine is the only club that ever adds kids midseason. So not sure you will see much movement from the top clubs in the mid-atlantic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a reason only Coppermine makes changes midseason?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My only guess is they are trying to get to the top at all cost. I know of several parents who were blind sided last summer when kids showed up and played over their kid who was on the team all year. Then when those kids decided to leave (can't blame them) and go to another club after summer tryouts, they were told if they don't accept the Coppermine offer they will be removed from the roster before the last summer tournament. Club is cut throat but most clubs have the decency to wait till summer is over to make roster changes. Coppermine seems to be willing to add and delete at any time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My only guess is they are trying to get to the top at all cost. I know of several parents who were blind sided last summer when kids showed up and played over their kid who was on the team all year. Then when those kids decided to leave (can't blame them) and go to another club after summer tryouts, they were told if they don't accept the Coppermine offer they will be removed from the roster before the last summer tournament. Club is cut throat but most clubs have the decency to wait till summer is over to make roster changes. Coppermine seems to be willing to add and delete at any time.

All true. That last summer tourney is awkward for many teams, though, as it often occurs after tryouts and girls are cut. That being said, why girls and families still play for Mr Baldie and fired RPCS AD is beyond me. In any year, this could be your girl sitting when a new player shows up mid-season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure fall is such a great sample size.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All true. That last summer tourney is awkward for many teams, though, as it often occurs after tryouts and girls are cut. That being said, why girls and families still play for Mr Baldie and fired RPCS AD is beyond me. In any year, this could be your girl sitting when a new player shows up mid-season.

lol - lots of salty parents. Coppermine added 1 girl in season last year. The rest of the so-called facts are untrue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coppermine is the only club that ever adds kids midseason. So not sure you will see much movement from the top clubs in the mid-atlantic.

You must be new to club scene

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

lol - lots of salty parents. Coppermine added 1 girl in season last year. The rest of the so-called facts are untrue.

Nobody cares about Coppermine trying to compete with the big clubs. As a matter of fact, I can tell you, the bigger clubs don't even consider them in the same league. Club lacrosse eventually is about recruiting and being on Coppermine is not the same as Heros, M&D, LIYJ, Aces, etc. So no we aren't salty because no one outside your little club really pays attention to Coppermine. It just another game on our schedule...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody cares about Coppermine trying to compete with the big clubs. As a matter of fact, I can tell you, the bigger clubs don't even consider them in the same league. Club lacrosse eventually is about recruiting and being on Coppermine is not the same as Heros, M&D, LIYJ, Aces, etc. So no we aren't salty because no one outside your little club really pays attention to Coppermine. It just another game on our schedule...

Fixed it for you. "It's just another game on our schedule where we lose to Coppermine".

Stay Salty my friends.

Like Reply Quote
Page 7 of 24 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 23 24
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard