Originally Posted by Anonymous
I don't have any association with the club, but I think rumors of M&D's demise have been greatly exaggerated

24 #1 in the country last year
25 # 3
26 #1
27 #1
28 #2

I think the organization should fold. Seems like they're struggling

Ahh yes. But this is the 2029 forum and I would venture to guess they won’t be a top 5 team when the fall rankings come out. Heros, Coppermine, MDU, Eagle Stix, Aces all ahead of them. They are 3-3 this fall with wins against B level talent and loses to Eagle Stix (blow out) and two to Coppermine. They have been a disaster since losing the NGLL Championship to Heros and from what I’m hearing, coaches have zero control over this team and parents. They refuse to set expectations and roles, allowing kids to just do their thing after mom/dad complains while their better players stand and watch. Why those better kids are staying right now is mind blowing as their loyalty will not be reciprocated once M&D decides these results are unacceptable. Don’t believe me, ask the parents of an older M&D player who learned loyalty is a one way street at M&D.

Their 2030 and 2031 teams are legit too. So what’s the issue with the 2029s? It’s an outlier. Either they are being out coached, as I said, or outplayed. Or both! They have fallen over the last 1-2 years. Denying that by showing me rankings from other ages is laughable at best. Thanks for commenting though “non club affiliated” M&D coach.

Good news is they are 11/12 years old (maybe older. Lots of holdbacks which doesn’t help their argument) so they have time to make a change. Either with better players or better coaches. I can tell you this, no top player from Coppermine, Heros, or MDU is looking at that team and saying, I want to play there. And those who went there over the last 2 years are trying to find a way out because the grass wasn’t as green as they thought. Pay twice as much money for inferior coaching, less practice, and less training isn’t something most parents want at the middle school ages. You go to M&D to develop for HS/recruiting years, not regress.

Good luck! Funny how all the lax dads on here bad mouthed the Coppermine coach yet it seems their staff is getting it done.

Coppermine parents getting way too animated over middle school lacrosse? Who would have ever thought?

You must have visited the 2028 forum as well 😂