BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,305
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 144 of 260 1 2 142 143 144 145 146 259 260
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m pretty sure there are more kids that “used to play for Crabs” than any other club in Maryland.

And it’s 7th grade.

The turnover there is tremendous. Can always find a good deal on a yellow cascade R in play it again if anyone is looking.

None of this is indicative of a club that’s run well.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
t.
Crabs isn’t run well. The kids don’t miss anything out of fear of being replaced mid season. I know Crab players at older ages that have been benched and then cut because they “missed” to play their in season sport.

To King Krab's credit, the policy is extremely clear and explicit when you join - this is your only lax team, period, this is your #1 sports commitment outside of school sports, and your #3 overall commitment behind academics and family emergencies. It's a written policy.

That seemed fool in 5th grade so we said no. Honestly it still seems fool in 7th grade.

Yes policy is very clear. You can’t miss any practices unless you are from Pennsylvania,Florida or Texas. Those kids can just show up on weekends and start. Crabs are only as good as the holdbacks and out of town kids on team.[/quote]

Yeah, tbh this is an interesting ripple in King Krab's No Exceptions Policy.[/quote]

Yes, I remember a few years ago there was a long rant by a Mom that her son was cut or benched from the team for missing a crabs game or tournament for a school band commitment, which prompted long back and forth between Crab supporters and detractors. It sounds like the band trip was a once in a lifetime opportunity to Hungary or someplace exotic like that. But I think the kid was told at the start of the season that he had to choose one or the other, and then the family tried to wiggle into doing both. The Crabs came off looking bad, but the Mom seemed like a Karen as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m pretty sure there are more kids that “used to play for Crabs” than any other club in Maryland.

And it’s 7th grade.

The turnover there is tremendous. Can always find a good deal on a yellow cascade R in play it again if anyone is looking.

Such a true statement!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are several Crabs players who play on other teams that don't conflict with their Crabs schedule, so that rule is not enforced either.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elite 6’s on December 4th… are teams coming to play as Club teams, or pulling together their own teams of mercenaries? I think FCA and Hawks teams played in September, but under different team names?

Who is playing? The one in September was a lot of fun. Not super serious, great format for run and gun similar tk Box but full size cages and 30 second shot clocks

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How's everyone handicapping NAL this weekend? I'd guess that Mad Dog National Black and 3d New England will meet in the championship. BBL may challenge one of them.

What about this weekend's B'More Fall Classic? Crabs probably the best of Saturday but they dodge Mad Dog National Gold. FCA Blue probably the class of the Sunday lineup. Did I miss anyone?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How's everyone handicapping NAL this weekend? I'd guess that Mad Dog National Black and 3d New England will meet in the championship. BBL may challenge one of them.

What about this weekend's B'More Fall Classic? Crabs probably the best of Saturday but they dodge Mad Dog National Gold. FCA Blue probably the class of the Sunday lineup. Did I miss anyone?
Is Team Maryland gonna make a statement?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Prob pretty accurate. Mad Dog Gold their B team. The black team is playing Sunday against NL and BLC.FCA Blue should handle Bmore Classic no problem, but apparently the Thunder team is vastly improved too

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And it’s 7th grade.

Sorry your son got cut from Crabs. Some players are made for elite play, looks like your son could use some more training, Good Luck in getting back to Crabs !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]How's everyone handicapping NAL this weekend? I'd guess that Mad Dog National Black and 3d New England will meet in the championship. BBL may challenge one of them.

Mad Dog and 3D are in the same bracket and only 1 team from each bracket advances to the championship so both can't make the championship. And they aren't even playing in bracket play which is bummer. Those 2 are clearly the favorites to advance out of their bracket and likely the favorites to win the whole thing.

BBL and Freedom are the favorites in the other bracket, but Leading Edge could be a dark horse.

Should be a fun day! Hopefully the weather holds up!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And it’s 7th grade.

Sorry your son got cut from Crabs. Some players are made for elite play, looks like your son could use some more training, Good Luck in getting back to Crabs !

The first time I saw the 2028 Crabs play was in 3rd grade HoCo. I'd quote the obscenities that the Crabs coach yelled at his players, loud enough to be heard across the field in the bleachers, but the BOTC bots would edit or delete this post.

It's a fact that aggressive coaching can generate elite talent from above-average kids. But that is for the 10% who aren't completely turned off and don't quit the sport. Many clubs have high turnover and basically toxic coaches. What's unique about Crabs is that all used Crabs helmets and gear bags you see for sale don't belong to kids who dropped to AAA, they belong to kids who quit the sport because of their Crabs experience.

A few of you Crabs dads don't know it yet, but your son will join those ranks between now and 11th grade. You'll still be able to claim he "was elite" but your son won't want to talk about sports with you again for many years. Well done dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that Crabs has surpassed Hawks, all the haters are coming outta da woodwork. Worry about your own kids. Plenty of used Hawks and Madlax gear for sale.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And it’s 7th grade.

They picked up the 3rd best attackman from Preds team last year. Chill out Crabs dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must be a very special person. Your ability to track used sports equipment is awesome! The Crabs 28 Coaching staff has been together ( for the most part) 4 years. Not once have I heard obscenities. For you to make a remark from 5 years ago , and different Coaches, is weak.
Maybe the problem is you. I feel sorry for you & your son. What parenting skills were you using to put that much pressure on him about sports so he won’t talk to you? This isn’t on any Crabs Dad, or Coaches, this is on you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must be a very special person. Your ability to track used sports equipment is awesome! The Crabs 28 Coaching staff has been together ( for the most part) 4 years. Not once have I heard obscenities. For you to make a remark from 5 years ago , and different Coaches, is weak.
Maybe the problem is you. I feel sorry for you & your son. What parenting skills were you using to put that much pressure on him about sports so he won’t talk to you? This isn’t on any Crabs Dad, or Coaches, this is on you.

Hahaha oh I'd never let my kid play for that clown car of a team with the yellow clown helmets. I dont have to push sports on my kids. They just compete. One day it will end and I'm fine with that too. I love that they love sports with or without me. My friends with ex-Crabs players in theor homes....they have a different story.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs [Censored]. Face it. We have.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax listed as Madlax fall28 🤣

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that Crabs has surpassed Hawks, all the haters are coming outta da woodwork. Worry about your own kids. Plenty of used Hawks and Madlax gear for sale.

These holdback teams seem way more toxic than Long Island teams if you can believe it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jeez. What does it say to the kids and parents who show up that the owner is doing everything possible to disassociate them from the program? But at least the kids get new jerseys that say Madlax-Fall 28, right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jeez. What does it say to the kids and parents who show up that the owner is doing everything possible to disassociate them from the program? But at least the kids get new jerseys that say Madlax-Fall 28, right?

That's a lot of work to justify national rankings for 7th graders.

Which you better believe is not being done to retain their roster. It's being done to recruit out of state kids so their roster can ride the bench.

Well done Cabs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's the big deal? Commanders did same thing so all these losses don't count toward Redskins' record.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax is in total recruit mode. The loyal capital families should prepare for the bench.

Applications open!

And the rankings shenanigans are just the cherry on top. It’s all fluff and for show in mclean.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax is in total recruit mode. The loyal capital families should prepare for the bench.

Applications open!

And the rankings shenanigans are just the cherry on top. It’s all fluff and for show in mclean.

Not true. They changed the name because they had to bring in kids from outside the roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Applications open!

Pretty sure all programs are always in full recruit mode. Madlax only has 20 kids on the roster, so yeah, they’re prob looking for a few good players.

They’re down 6 of their 10 starters this weekend including top scorer and goalie, yet performing pretty well at NAL. May run out of gas in Championship game with so few subs, but pretty impressive nonetheless while shorthanded. Good on the boys who showed up to play

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is there always a repetitive disposition of excuses whenever Madlax loses?

When you show up - you either play and win or you play and lose.

If you aren’t prepared to play then stay home. If you do show up to play, then the boys on the field will either win or lose.

Coddling soft parents making excuses for their kids losing is WEAK.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Applications open!

Pretty sure all programs are always in full recruit mode. Madlax only has 20 kids on the roster, so yeah, they’re prob looking for a few good players.

They’re down 6 of their 10 starters this weekend including top scorer and goalie, yet performing pretty well at NAL. May run out of gas in Championship game with so few subs, but pretty impressive nonetheless while shorthanded. Good on the boys who showed up to play

Preforming well? Stop they played the weakest schedule of any team there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Applications open!

All teams miss players in the Fall for football and deal with occasional injuries, only one has fabricated a new team to protect its USCL ranking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the best lax players play football in the fall. Madlax has a bunch of them. See you in the spring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the best lax players play football in the fall. Madlax has a bunch of them. See you in the spring.

Well said.

Cant wait.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yea, nothing says bold self-confidence quite like inventing a new team name to cover your losses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you aren’t prepared to play then stay home. If you do show up to play, then the boys on the field will either win or lose.

Or how about you show up and play even if you don’t have 6 of your starters?? You’re pathetic for even insinuating that the other 14 kids should stay home since a big part of the team is away playing football (in football season). You’re a joke man. Nobody making excuses. Kids who did play had a great showing, beat a couple of solid teams in Freedom and NXT Black. Ram out of gas against 3D New England.

Which team does your kid play for?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax fall 2028 because rankings

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But the best athletes play tennis.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Why is there always a repetitive disposition of excuses whenever Madlax loses?

Or how about you show up and play even if you don’t have 6 of your starters?? You’re pathetic for even insinuating that the other 14 kids should stay home since a big part of the team is away playing football (in football season). You’re a joke man. Nobody making excuses. Kids who did play had a great showing, beat a couple of solid teams in Freedom and NXT Black. Ram out of gas against 3D New England.

You are missing the point. Your coach (the king of excuses and setting his team up with easy schedules to manufacture wins) changes the name of the team so this weekend wouldn’t count in rankings. Every team there missing kids due to football, you really think only ML kids play football? However, none of the programs change the name of their team to manufacture rankings. It’s beyond pathetic. Hats off to the kids who showed up, too bad your coach doesn’t think so.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh please. Cabell not only owns his own tournament company, but has substantial sway with every other tournament organizer to be able to pull out ML teams or insert ML teams on a moments notice, as has happened in past years. An interested director and tuned-in coaches make these kinds of adjustments. Every club does it. Especially the lower tier elite groups.......NL, KP, BLC, Team MD, Blue Claws. It's an admission that you want the unit (the unit you HAVE ON HAND) to be challenged enough and still have a chance at success. Rather than get run over, more injuries, more aggravated parents, etc.

But that requires effort and phone calls on Cabell's part.

This year was much easier, just admit he can't field an elite team in the fall, and enter them in USCL as "ML Fall28" and hope nobody notices....or at least they buy the frankly insane "ML kids play football, which is unique!!!!" trope. And obviously you did not notice, so once again, Cabell was successful.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But the best athletes play tennis.

Oh man that was one of the more bizarre arguments on this thread last summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Applications open!

All teams miss players in the Fall for football and deal with occasional injuries, only one has fabricated a new team to protect its USCL ranking.
Ironically, their performance would only have improved their ranking from 25th. The 3 teams they beat are all ranked ahead of them wink

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did hawks only play three games this fall?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So now that fall is over who has secured the 8 teams for Elite and the 8 for AAA?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh please. Cabell not only owns his own tournament company, but has substantial sway with every other tournament organizer to be able to pull out ML teams or insert ML teams on a moments notice, as has happened in past years. An interested director and tuned-in coaches make these kinds of adjustments. Every club does it. Especially the lower tier elite groups.......NL, KP, BLC, Team MD, Blue Claws. It's an admission that you want the unit (the unit you HAVE ON HAND) to be challenged enough and still have a chance at success. Rather than get run over, more injuries, more aggravated parents, etc.

But that requires effort and phone calls on Cabell's part.

This year was much easier, just admit he can't field an elite team in the fall, and enter them in USCL as "ML Fall28" and hope nobody notices....or at least they buy the frankly insane "ML kids play football, which is unique!!!!" trope. And obviously you did not notice, so once again, Cabell was successful.

No offense to the other clubs, but including NL in this group is amusing: “Especially the lower tier elite groups.......NL, KP, BLC, Team MD, Blue Claws.”

You clearly have an axe to grind with Next Level or haven’t been paying attention the past few seasons. Current juniors (2024) have top ranked player in the country (UVA-bound), and other top players committed to Maryland, Notre Dame, Hopkins, Michigan, etc. You get the picture. Like all clubs, quality of teams vary year to year but the NL 2025 and 2027 teams are among the most competitive teams in the nation. Same for the 2028s and 2029s, the former of which (the board you’re posting on) won the 2022 spring HoCo championship—when you see MadLax parents say “wait till the Spring,” that’s what they’re referring to. Revenge on 2028 NL, who’s been their daddy the past few seasons.

Like Reply Quote
Page 144 of 260 1 2 142 143 144 145 146 259 260
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard