BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,819
Posts388,387
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 30 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 29 30
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Given the number of girls already committed to top-tiered schools raking wise and the Ivy's, are there spots still available or will those schools be looking at the 25's during fall tourneys? You absolutely want to find a school that is the right fit, but you roll the dice when you let an offer sit out there too long.

In my opinion, and the opinion of our club directors, usually the first few fall tournaments will still be predominately dealing with the 2024s unless a specific school is already done. I have one 2024 and one 2025. Our 2024 is done. We were told the 2025s won't start for the most part until Dallas.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by anonymous1234
Any thoughts about the girls who have been recruited and offered verbals by a couple top 20 schools and respectfully waiting for fall showcases? Those girls are waiting and "hoping" for offers from their dream schools. Some dream schools are top tiered schools and some are not. "Hoping" is probably not the best idea during the recruiting process, but that's the way their thinking.
Any thoughts? Thank you all for any suggestions!

In football, all the recruits tweet or post who's offered them, which often inspires a second look and other visits, and maybe a move up the chain for a better school. Girls lacrosse is nothing like that. It may be a possibility that you'll get picked up by your top school, but I wouldn't hold your breath on that one. You very well could lose out on an existing offer for one that will never come.

At some point you have to read the room.

Sometimes it's hard to read the room.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by anonymous1234
Any thoughts about the girls who have been recruited and offered verbals by a couple top 20 schools and respectfully waiting for fall showcases? Those girls are waiting and "hoping" for offers from their dream schools. Some dream schools are top tiered schools and some are not. "Hoping" is probably not the best idea during the recruiting process, but that's the way their thinking.
Any thoughts? Thank you all for any suggestions!

What have those “Dream Schools” told your daughter? Ask yourself why haven’t those schools offered your daughter a spot? Did the schools who have offered a spot put a time limit on the offer? why do you assume the schools will hold the offer? Actions speak louder than words and it looks like your / your daughter’s actions might tell the coaches who extended offers that your daughter is not really interested. Coaches want players who want to go to their school and play for their program. How long should the coach wait?

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Duplicate quotes
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My older daughter had an offer pulled halfway through her fall. This school was not a top 20 school and a school that would be a safety for her, BUT the coach found a player that was hungry for that spot and wanted to play for that program and my daughter lost her offer. She was fortunate that she was working with 2 other schools and it worked out. She also was not working with top 20 schools. Top 20 schools have lots of players showing interest going into the tourneys and many have 10 commits already. Be careful about losing that spot.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My older daughter had an offer pulled halfway through her fall. This school was not a top 20 school and a school that would be a safety for her, BUT the coach found a player that was hungry for that spot and wanted to play for that program and my daughter lost her offer. She was fortunate that she was working with 2 other schools and it worked out. She also was not working with top 20 schools. Top 20 schools have lots of players showing interest going into the tourneys and many have 10 commits already. Be careful about losing that spot.

If you don’t mind, How long was that offer out there for?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She received the offer mid-September and at the time still had 2 visits. I believe the coach who extended the offer thought she would make a decision after those visits but the 2 other schools wanted to see her play more in the fall and she felt those schools were a better fit for her intended major and more competitive. She got the email about the offer going to another player prior to President's Cup. Again these were not top 20 programs that I feel move faster, so I just wanted to share that even the mid-level D1 will move on from a player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She received the offer mid-September and at the time still had 2 visits. I believe the coach who extended the offer thought she would make a decision after those visits but the 2 other schools wanted to see her play more in the fall and she felt those schools were a better fit for her intended major and more competitive. She got the email about the offer going to another player prior to President's Cup. Again these were not top 20 programs that I feel move faster, so I just wanted to share that even the mid-level D1 will move on from a player.

Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There should be constant dialogue between the college coach who made the offer and your kids coach. You should have a clear idea of time line and what’s expected if huge daughter has been given an offer and is desired.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There should be constant dialogue between the college coach who made the offer and your kids coach. You should have a clear idea of time line and what’s expected if huge daughter has been given an offer and is desired.

There is no need for dialog between the college coach and your daughters high school or club coach at this point. If your daughter has met with the college coach then your daughter (and you when appropriate) should be communicating directly with the college coach. Two of my children are currently enrolled in school and playing in college. One at a Top 20 program the other at a Top 10 program. Both are at excellent academic schools and once my kids (and my wife and I) had direct contact with college coaches the club directors / club coaches were out of the picture. There was zero interaction between HS and college coaches.

Allow your daughter to have as much interaction with the college coaches as possible on her own but be sure to get involved when discussing the financial piece of the puzzle.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Definitely not interchangeable when it comes to IQ, playing real competition, summer club or high school lax. It is easy to look better then you are when you are surrounded by talent. There was not much real lacrosse being played, the numbers you called out were just happy to be the most selfish. Good experience, poor competition and poor lax play.
If you barely play in HS, have no real HS stats or just came off playing your first year on varisty…are you really interchangeable?
There was only mop up time. It’s not like if those girls didn’t score we wouldn’t have won by any 15 goals 😆
I guess all 22 girls will be up for a Tewaaraton Award at some point.

Team USA u16 girls are all interchangeable. Really no difference in talent. The competition wasn’t that good but they all looked phenomenal out there.

Team USA u16 girls are all interchangeable. Really no difference in talent. The competition wasn’t that good but they all looked phenomenal out there.

14,17, 1 , 16 and 7 stood out for sure. The others dominated in mop up time. Not a great opportunity to evaluate though.

I agree with the first poster, if you mean “stood out” by not passing to wide open teammates and try to show off trick shots against weak competition I guess you are right. Making the team was way more impressive than what I saw. They would have been better off keeping the top 44 girls and making 2 teams and having them play each other. Then the ball hogs wouldn’t look so impressive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
College coaches who recruit for a living obviously disagree with you. IL, an organization that evaluates players disagrees with you.

It’s not only about club lacrosse. What does your HS career look like? Are you a good teammate? Are you a good leader, potential captain? Do your teammates and coaches like you? Do you play the game the right way all the time? Are you selfish? Does your individual success matter more to you then the success of the team? If you are using the U16 tournament as a gauge there is a reason you don’t do this for a living.

I agree with the first poster. Club directors pumping up certain kids. Not saying to ten are not good players, but I really think the class in general does not have 10 players that are any different than the top 50 players. They are all interchangeable. Just look at the USA U16 team. The supposed top 10 girls there did not look any better than the rest of the girls on that team.[/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hmmm…the only argument I would say for this post below, is that all these girls beat out everyone else at the combine. So, they were better than the rest of the girls at the combine during that period of evaluation. Hence, they were all interchangeable. Either way, good for all these girls to get committed and play at the next level.

Definitely not interchangeable when it comes to IQ, playing real competition, summer club or high school lax. It is easy to look better than you are when you are surrounded by talent. There was not much real lacrosse being played, the numbers you called out were just happy to be the most selfish. Good experience, poor competition and poor lax play.
If you barely play in HS, have no real HS stats or just came off playing your first year on varisty…are you really interchangeable?
There was only mop up time. It’s not like if those girls didn’t score we wouldn’t have won by any 15 goals 😆

14,17, 1 , 16 and 7 stood out for sure. The others dominated in mop up time. Not a great opportunity to evaluate though.

I agree with the first poster, if you mean “stood out” by not passing to wide open teammates and try to show off trick shots against weak competition I guess you are right. Making the team was way more impressive than what I saw. They would have been better off keeping the top 44 girls and making 2 teams and having them play each other. Then the ball hogs wouldn’t look so impressive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very funny to watch as some on here are still concerned with "rankings, lists, teams, U16 etc..." The college coaches have made it know just where the kids rank...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like some of the mid-level D1 commits are starting to come in. GW, Lowell, Manhattan, Temple, etc. Good to see the girls who aren't necessarily top 40 D1 kids getting offers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like some of the mid-level D1 commits are starting to come in. GW, Lowell, Manhattan, Temple, etc. Good to see the girls who aren't necessarily top 40 D1 kids getting offers.

YES a text that supports the 16 yr old girls and doesn't knock them down because they didn't go top 20. These girls are all good. Even at a mid tier D1 "lacrosse" school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Definitely not interchangeable when it comes to IQ, playing real competition, summer club or high school lax. It is easy to look better then you are when you are surrounded by talent. There was not much real lacrosse being played, the numbers you called out were just happy to be the most selfish. Good experience, poor competition and poor lax play.

Against that competition wasn't it all mop up time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw this on the SCOTUS affirmative action case and was wondering what the fallout would be. Are we niche? Could it change things for 2024, 25, later?
QUOTE--
Justice Neil Gorsuch picked apart how colleges give advantages in admissions to legacy applicants, applicants with connections to donors and athletes who play niche sports.

“I'm wondering, suppose a university — a wealthy university — could eliminate those preferences which tend to favor the children of wealthy white parents and achieve diversity without race consciousness with strict scrutiny required to do so,” Gorsuch said, referring to the legal standard for when race can be considered in government policy.
The conservative justice pointed to how admissions programs benefit an applicant who plays on the squash team or who could bring in a donation that would finance a new art museum.
END QUOTE

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
College coaches who recruit for a living obviously disagree with you. IL, an organization that evaluates players disagrees with you.

It’s not only about club lacrosse. What does your HS career look like? Are you a good teammate? Are you a good leader, potential captain? Do your teammates and coaches like you? Do you play the game the right way all the time? Are you selfish? Does your individual success matter more to you then the success of the team? If you are using the U16 tournament as a gauge there is a reason you don’t do this for a living.

I agree with the first poster. Club directors pumping up certain kids. Not saying to ten are not good players, but I really think the class in general does not have 10 players that are any different than the top 50 players. They are all interchangeable. Just look at the USA U16 team. The supposed top 10 girls there did not look any better than the rest of the girls on that team.
[/quote]The team USA U16 or any of the youth select teams isn't the best example to use for the point you're trying to make. Because they take just about anyone who just happened to perform well at tryouts. They don't go with a true measure of the best girls with the best overall body of work. I've seen girls who were fringe top 100 players make those teams. If you have a good day at tryouts, you can get in. They've expanded the player pool in recent years so the qualifications to even get invited for tryouts has been watered down. I've looked at rankings for past years and the trend that emerges is that the top 5 are generally the best of the best. Almost guaranteed success of some type at the next level and many become susperstar level players. 6-20 are the best of the rest. Not sure things but these players are generally star level players at the next level. Outside the top 20 the difference is negligible. ofcourse there are outliers here and there but the trend holds true for the most part.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which class will a majority of the coaches attending IWLCA President’s Cup in Dallas be concentrating on (2024 or 2025)?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which class will a majority of the coaches attending IWLCA President’s Cup in Dallas be concentrating on (2024 or 2025)?

Already answered previously, but for those standing all the way in the back...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

D1 coaches have moved on to 2025. Some lower D1 programs have some spots and may want to see a couple girls they are in touch with already but by the end of November, D1 is done with 2024 class. D3 will be watching 2024 primarily.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

D1 coaches have moved on to 2025. Some lower D1 programs have some spots and may want to see a couple girls they are in touch with already but by the end of November, D1 is done with 2024 class. D3 will be watching 2024 primarily.

FALSE

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YES its about time. Good for all of these girls. There is a home for every one of them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why post such nonsense? You have no Idea which schools are still looking for players or anything else for that matter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why post such nonsense? You have no Idea which schools are still looking for players or anything else for that matter.

There will be plenty of coaches looking at 2024's this fall season. There are still many good players not committed yet. Some D1 schools have just started signing kids this past week. I know you will say they arent top 20 but does that really matter in the big picture here ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There will be plenty of coaches looking at 2024's this fall season. There are still many good players not committed yet. Some D1 schools have just started signing kids this past week. I know you will say they arent top 20 but does that really matter in the big picture here ?

just don't buy into all the hysteria. obviously depending on the school, you will see some seniors committing this year. you will see 24's, and get into high end 25's. keep options open, be open to new things, don't panic. after you've been through this multiple times you will see. I will say covid sort of put everything a year behind roughly and that will eventually sort itself out. be your own advocate, invest the time. good luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guys...why don't you understand that they are looking at 25s...we have received emails back from coaches...many many d1 are DONE and onto the 2025 class. Coaches will openly tell you and your teams coach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guys...why don't you understand that they are looking at 25s...we have received emails back from coaches...many many d1 are DONE and onto the 2025 class. Coaches will openly tell you and your teams coach

Incorrect.

Less than half of the D1s are done. If you're talking about only the top 20 D1s you may be correct but the vast majority of the other 90+ D1 schools are far from done with their 2024s.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Incorrect.

Less than half of the D1s are done. If you're talking about only the top 20 D1s you may be correct but the vast majority of the other 90+ D1 schools are far from done with their 2024s.

https://laxnumbers.com/recruits.php

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/recruiting/commitments/girls?class=2024&league=6

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why was jesters black playing d and c teams today? A little beef between the clown and the bees land them in trouble?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Our coach literally screenshots us coaches replies when they say they are done with 24s so that we know who not to keep putting our eggs in the basket of. In these messages, the coaches also say they’ve moved onto 25s

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Our coach literally screenshots us coaches replies when they say they are done with 24s so that we know who not to keep putting our eggs in the basket of. In these messages, the coaches also say they’ve moved onto 25s

How many are “done” according to your coaches screenshots ?. There are plenty D1 still recruiting 24s! Why would they be at a 24 tourney today, if not? At that facility, there were only 24s playing! There was plenty of D1 coaches still looking. Maybe not to 20, and who cares. I guess your coach doesn’t know everything.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why was jesters black playing d and c teams today? A little beef between the clown and the bees land them in trouble?

We're on ramos and played after them a few times today. It was not pretty. Female coach wasn't their just daddy. No subs. A lot of dropped passes. We thought it was their pink or white team at first until a parent on our team recognized a highschool teammate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Which class will a majority of the coaches attending IWLCA President’s Cup in Dallas be concentrating on (2024 or 2025)?

Our coach literally screenshots us coaches replies when they say they are done with 24s so that we know who not to keep putting our eggs in the basket of. In these messages, the coaches also say they’ve moved onto 25s[/quote

I was very surprised with how few coaches there were today on the sidelines for the 2024's at Primetime.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some teams are still working on 2024’s, like Northwestern. They still have spots to fill and they take their time. Still a lot of other teens picking up kids. Maybe not UNC or BC, but there are others.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We're on ramos and played after them a few times today. It was not pretty. Female coach wasn't their just daddy. No subs. A lot of dropped passes. We thought it was their pink or white team at first until a parent on our team recognized a highschool teammate.

Said female coach trains our daughter and was in the icu for the past week I'm sure they got a sub for her

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Which class will a majority of the coaches attending IWLCA President’s Cup in Dallas be concentrating on (2024 or 2025)?

Our coach literally screenshots us coaches replies when they say they are done with 24s so that we know who not to keep putting our eggs in the basket of. In these messages, the coaches also say they’ve moved onto 25s[/quote

I was very surprised with how few coaches there were today on the sidelines for the 2024's at Primetime.
Hence why people have been posting many d1 are DONE but some parents refuse to believe it or refuse to let others believe it for some reason

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many are “done” according to your coaches screenshots ?. There are plenty D1 still recruiting 24s! Why would they be at a 24 tourney today, if not? At that facility, there were only 24s playing! There was plenty of D1 coaches still looking. Maybe not to 20, and who cares. I guess your coach doesn’t know everything.

A coach screenshotting specific colleges mesages isn't something he "knows" just sharing what they are sending to him not like he's doctoring their emails

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A coach screenshotting specific colleges mesages isn't something he "knows" just sharing what they are sending to him not like he's doctoring their emails

Maybe the D1 schools sending those emails to your coach(es) are done with your clubs 24s /players? No one at your club they are interested in anymore.

Page 22 of 30 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard